Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Post Reply

What do you think about Joseph Fielding Smith's moon prophecy?

He spoke out about something quasi-political. As a Church official, he should have known to leave well enough alone.
6
4%
It was his personal opinion and he was wrong about it. Big deal.
49
35%
I think this is proof he was a "false prophet."
1
1%
He's human...sometimes even Prophets or Apostles get stuff wrong.
26
18%
Joseph Fielding Smith was right about the moon, and still is to this day.
60
42%
 
Total votes: 142
User avatar
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6929

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Mark »

OK now you have done it skmo. You are single-handedly trying to put a damper on all those juicey GA's talks where they tell us things that they wouldn't dare tell us in conference. You Bro are a royal killjoy. :x In fact some here and especially those at the RKY site may just have to monopolize your skills in the video below instead of messing around with those flimsey tents they got at Kmart for the upcoming gathering any month now. I hope you are happy. Get your rest while you can iceman. :lol:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-x5QOSqP3E

User avatar
skmo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4495

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by skmo »

Mark wrote:...Get your rest while you can iceman.
Working on it as slowly as I can. My summer break ends in less than two weeks, as teacher work days begin on the 17th and we get students on the 20th. Man, school would be SO much easier if we didn't have to deal with those pesky students! :lol:

User avatar
DOZ
captain of 100
Posts: 244

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by DOZ »

skmo wrote:
DOZ wrote:Eeeeesh! I believe the apostles. When they speak, I hear, listen, obey and Believe!
And did you believe Bruce R. McConkie when he said that the Negro would never get the Priesthood in this eternity? Because not only did he write it down, he used words of Brigham Young when he was the Prophet and President of the Church to back his assertion up. His words are there in black and white, and they are wrong. They were as wrong when President Young spoke them as they were when Elder McConkie wrote them. Time has shown them to be wrong. It doesn't mean they weren't apostles or prophets called of God, just that they made a mistake in what they said.

I don't mean in any way to say I don't fully support any and all of the leaders of the Church, especially the Apostles and Prophets. Probably most of my first ten posts on this website were spent arguing (ironically enough, with the original poster of this topic) about whether or not he was rebelling against the Church Leaders! I support and sustain all the leaders of the LDS Church all the way from President Thomas S. Monson to my Branch President. I also believe that, rare as it may be, they may from time to time, say something that is incorrect. The only person EVER on this earth incapable of being or saying anything wrong was Jesus Christ. I would never question a Prophet who said he was speaking on behalf of The Lord, and if I were told to walk through fire by President Monson because The Lord asked me to I would. If it meant that I were to die it would be because that's what God wanted. However, as rare as it may be, even the most just and holy men can make mistakes. It has happened all throughout the scriptures. Moses did, Nephi did, Joseph Smith did, am I to believe that anyone in this dispensation is less susceptible to error than Joseph Smith? Yet he readily admitted that he made mistakes, but that when directed by God no prophet in our time would do so. I believe and trust in that. It doesn't change the fact that all of us, even apostles and prophets, are human.

Yeah. We've been to the moon.
Did Bruce R McConkie really say that?...I didn't know :!: I also heard another story about him that he said the great and abominable church of the devil was the catholic church and he had to apologize for saying that,now, it is true? don't know and I don't care, no one can show me the article or source exactly like what JFS supposedly said.
But it has no bearing on my opinion.

In my own findings, I believe man has never walked on the moon.

And thank you for sharing for thoughts and feelings, I do appreciate them :D

User avatar
DOZ
captain of 100
Posts: 244

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by DOZ »

Mark wrote:Just playin around Doz. I would like to see some kind of official verification though. As the gipper said: Trust, but Verify.
I know you are Mark and I really laughed at your answer, it was a good heart felt laugh :lol:
I too, am looking for official sources but can't find anything :?:

User avatar
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6929

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Mark »

I know you are Mark and I really laughed at your answer, it was a good heart felt laugh :lol:

I even cracked myself up on that one DOZ. :lol: I hope you know I extended your lifespan at least 3 extra minutes as a result of that good belly laugh. Use that extra time I gave you wisely. :D

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10542
Location: St. George

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by shadow »

If we haven't been to the moon then where did this move come from??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3v-_p3ESo

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7220
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by creator »

shadow wrote:If we haven't been to the moon then where did this move come from??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3v-_p3ESo
Okay, so maybe Michael Jackson has walked on the moon, but...

User avatar
DOZ
captain of 100
Posts: 244

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by DOZ »

LDSConservative wrote:
shadow wrote:If we haven't been to the moon then where did this move come from??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3v-_p3ESo
Okay, so maybe Michael Jackson has walked on the moon, but...
So...let me get this straight...if you walk on the moon...you walk backwards???? :?
Well I'll be... :lol:

User avatar
ithink
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2933
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by ithink »

skmo wrote:
ithink wrote:Stick to the canonized standard works folks, because all the rest just might dry up and blow away in the wind. I won't hold them to their every word any more than I would want to be held to mine if I were in their shoes. In other words, mistakes are made, but we go on anyway.
This is taken from another LDS chat website:
May 13, 2004

To: General Authorities; Area Authority Seventies; Stake, Mission, and District Presidents; Bishops and Branch Presidents

(To be read in sacrament meeting)

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Statements Attributed to Church Leaders

From time to time statements are circulated among members which are inaccurately attributed to the leaders of the Church. Many such statements distort current Church teachings and are often based on rumors and innuendos. They are never transmitted officially, but by word of mouth, e-mail, or other informal means.

We encourage members of the Church to never teach or pass on such statements without verifying that they are from approved sources, such as official statements, communications, and publications. Any notes made when General Authorities, Area Authority Seventies, or other general Church officers speak at regional and stake conferences or other meetings should not be distributed without the consent of the speaker. Personal notes are for individual use only.

True spiritual growth is based on studying the scriptures, the teachings of the Brethren, and Church publications.

Sincerely your brethren,

Gordon B. Hinckley
Thomas S. Monson
James E. Faust
The First Presidency


==================


Additional Clarification from the office of the first presidency


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I called and asked for the office of the first presidency.
I spoke briefly with the secretary who answered the phone.
She was well aware of the letter I referenced. Here are the answers:

1) Is this policy limited to certain types of meetings (e.g. stake conference, private leadership meetings, private firesides, etc.) or is it a general policy in effect any time a church authority speaks?

The request from the first presidency applies to all situations where general church officers, members of the seventy, general authorities, or apostles are speaking in public or private settings.

2) May we share the notes and comments if we remove the name and location of the person who made the comments?

Absolutely not. In many ways, this is worse than sharing the notes with a name and location attached, since it fuels further speculation about who might have said it. The directive very clearly states that ANY notes taken should be not distributed, regardless of any editing that is done, or any names or locations that might be left out. The brethren are deeply concerned about the rumors being spread and editing out names makes the problem worse, not better.

3) May we share the notes and comments if we remove any implication that the comments were made by an authority or a church leader?

Again, absolutely not. The notes should remain private and in the hands of the individual who took the notes. They should not be shared or distributed, especially on the internet. They are for personal use only.

4) If a friend verbally tells us their notes, may we share those (assuming we remove the source) ?

Again, no.

5) If we have an audio recording or an exact transcription of the talk, may we share that? With or without their name and location attached?

The church prefers to remain the distribution channel for such things. Unofficial transcripts or recordings should remain in the hands of the person who took them and should not be distributed or copied with the consent of the speaker.
If David O. McKay, the President of the LDS Church had wanted this information to go to the church members, he would have given it himself.
Thanks skmo, but perhaps we should all disregard all the information you added that came from the secretary, since it is not an official church distribution channel. But then again, upon closer inspection, the memo from the office of the First Presidency refers to "inaccurately attributed to the leaders of the Church". So, if any statement can be accurately attributed to a leader of the church, it clearly is fair game. So email away all your quotes, making sure to retain accurate citation and you are good to go.

User avatar
Cowell
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Cowell »

skmo wrote: Yeah. We've been to the moon.
Cowell wrote:Skmo, have you looked at the evidence in the links a few of us have provided?
Only a couple. I've seen most of this stuff before, and I didn't buy it then any more than I do now. Having a father who worked for NASA, the smartest man I've ever known, I tend to accept his knowledge and experience much more than some of the originators of some of these sites, many of whom can be well-rationed men. Of course there's a lot of them who didn't wear enough tin foil in their hats. I'm not saying everyone denying the moon landings is a nutcase, but there do seem to be a considerable amount of them in that group.

I make no dispersions of anyone on this board at all of being such, and I do honestly mean that. We just agree to disagree.
"Yeah, We've been to the moon"...You looked at a couple of the links...Your father is a smart man who worked at NASA...Tin foil hats...A considerable amount of nutcases deny the moon landings...Agree to disagree?

Skmo, I am seeing a pattern here. You are making a lot of statements and you are avoiding discussing the issue. I want you to explain to me why each of the links below are not evidence you are wrong:

1) Flags moving without being touched in a frictionless enviromnement (See 2:37 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1UEv2PIzl4)
2) actor-nauts who look like they're on strings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNL ... re=related)
3) obviously doctored photos (See 27:20 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)
4) multiple light sources (See 23:00 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)
5) dangling effects (See 1:46 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNL ... re=related)
6) The same area of the "moon" filmed twice and NASA claims they are two different locations (See 25:40 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)
7) Actor-nauts faking a distant image of the earth through their window (See 1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqbdjybYeE&NR=1)

User avatar
skmo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4495

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by skmo »

Cowell wrote:"Yeah, We've been to the moon"...You looked at a couple of the links...Your father is a smart man who worked at NASA...Tin foil hats...A considerable amount of nutcases deny the moon landings...Agree to disagree?

Skmo, I am seeing a pattern here. You are making a lot of statements and you are avoiding discussing the issue. I want you to explain to me why each of the links below are not evidence you are wrong:
Thanks, but no. Nothing I could say would change your mind. You believe the information presented there, I either don't, or disagree with the interpretation thereof. The proof that we've been to the moon is evident to me, not to you. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to try to convince you I'm right because in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. If I am wrong (it did happen before, I'll gladly admit that) I'll find out about it in time. For the time being, you disagree with me, we're not going to change each other's minds, and all the "evidence" one way or another is going to be interpreted however the person viewing it wants to. To me, it's not a big deal. There are far more important things to worry about.

User avatar
Cowell
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Cowell »

Skmo, I don't know if I disagree with you or not. You haven't said anything yet. At least mchlwise gave it a shot.

If you have been reading this thread, you would know I just came to a realization of this myself, so if you are going to use blanket statements about people who currently disagree with you, it appears you are indeed avoiding the issue. This is not productive on this thread.

I seriously would just like to discuss. How do flags move on the moon? Look at the links. What is going on here!? If you don't have an answer, just say that. You don't have to agree with me. I just want to see if anyone who thinks we landed on the moon can come up with a genuine explanation. If you don't even attempt it, you have failed to back up your statements as far as I'm concerned.

User avatar
skmo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4495

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by skmo »

Cowell wrote:Skmo, I don't know if I disagree with you or not. You haven't said anything yet. At least mchlwise gave it a shot.
Yeah you do. You know we disagree about man being to the moon. Not really worth discussing to me, I've seen enough to convince me we have.
If you have been reading this thread, you would know I just came to a realization of this myself, so if you are going to use blanket statements about people who currently disagree with you, it appears you are indeed avoiding the issue.
Sorry, I didn't know you had changed your position. Sorry I jumped to a conclusion. Still don't care enough to argue what I've argued before. Good to know you have an open enough mind to try to see other points of view. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't care enough to try, especially if it's something I either don't care enough about to bother with, or something about which I've already made up my mind about. This qualifies under both.

User avatar
mchlwise
captain of 100
Posts: 428
Location: Utah

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by mchlwise »

Cowell wrote:Skmo, I don't know if I disagree with you or not. You haven't said anything yet. At least mchlwise gave it a shot.
I'd give it another shot if I thought you would actually consider what I or anyone else had to say about it, but I believe skmo is right - you have made up your mind (albeit recently) and won't openly consider any alternative explanations to the "evidence" which you have interpreted in a certain way.

I'm open enough to say that I don't know for sure. The "evidence" you present is interesting, but each and every one of the 7 points posted above have an explanation that I feel is just as plausible, if not more so, as the hoax explanation you cling to. When I posted a plausible explanation about the flag waving, you ridiculed it and wouldn't even (apparently) consider the possibility of an interpretation different than your own.

Again, there are explanations other than what the people narrating the video put forth, but I'm not going to bother to go into them in this thread because I don't believe you will seriously consider them. It would be nice to have an honest and intellectual discussion on the subject, but I've seen enough to doubt that's possible with you and have given up on having that discussion in this thread.

With regards to your Bill Clinton reference responding to my question about what Pres. Smith meant by "space": I'm not trying to be clever. Context is vital. The definition of the word in the mind of the person saying the word at the time is critical to understanding what he meant. We will never know. But the term "space" isn't a concrete term with only one definition. The definition of where the atmosphere ends and "space" begins has changed over time. He could have attached a personal definition to it. He could have meant something to the effect of "man won't leave the solar system" or "man won't leave the galaxy". We just don't know.

Maybe he was wrong. Maybe we just aren't looking with the same perspective as he was. Maybe we went to the moon in spite of what he apparently meant. Maybe it was all faked and he was right. I'm open to all of those possibilities. Are you, Cowell?

Maybe the most important question is: Does any of it really matter?

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10542
Location: St. George

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by shadow »

ithink wrote:Interesting topic. Of interest to me is the laser experiments conducted from earth which rely on reflectors left there by apollo 11. Lasers are fired from earth which are reflected back to the origin (like a surveyors prism). Called the Lunar Laser Ranger, it is still in operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4JL2tq8 ... re=related (part 5 of the series)

If the prisms are there, and they appear to be, then I guess JFS was wrong. No biggie though, since his words aren't canonized.
Thanks for the link, ithink. It appears we have proof that we went to the moon. But on the flip side we have what looks like proof that we didn't :? -Unless of course those reflectors were put there by the moon dudes Joseph Smith apparently spoke of. :wink:

User avatar
Cowell
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Cowell »

mchlwise and Skmo, if neither of you care to continue discussing the issue, that is fine. I would like someone to come forward and discuss what is in these links. I also did not believe this was important, as it happened a long time ago, until I discovered these discrepancies in the record that had never been shown to me before. For me, the truth is always most important. I felt that some of your explanations, mchlwise, were not half bad, as at least they offered another perspective, although, taken together I think it is hard to explain all those things away. For instance, the dangling effect really struck me, and the multiple light source issues, identical background issue, and doctored photo issues. There doesn't seem to be any explanation for these. As far as the flag issue, the video above is even more clear on this. I considered your statement about him touching the flag, watched the video and it appeared to me that this was definitely not the case. But that doesn't mean I can't discus any of these things further. Even if you guys think I will not agree with you, this is a public forum, and others might agree with you. IMO, by not discussing some of these discrepancies for anyone's benefit, it seems to indicate that some of the things in these links do indeed raise questions that cannot be answered (besides with the answer that is seeming more and more obvious to me).

User avatar
mchlwise
captain of 100
Posts: 428
Location: Utah

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by mchlwise »

Cowell wrote:But that doesn't mean I can't discus any of these things further. Even if you guys think I will not agree with you, this is a public forum, and others might agree with you. IMO, by not discussing some of these discrepancies for anyone's benefit, it seems to indicate that some of the things in these links do indeed raise questions that cannot be answered (besides with the answer that is seeming more and more obvious to me).
With the above in mind, I'll give it one last shot, but expect that you won't agree with me and hope you will at least be respectful of differing viewpoints.

Your questions were these:

1) Flags moving without being touched in a frictionless enviromnement (See 2:37 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1UEv2PIzl4)

We've addressed this before, and I believe that they can be possibly explained by either wiggling the flag pole as it's held, or brushing it as they walked by.


2) actor-nauts who look like they're on strings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNL ... re=related)

First of all, the guy in the video contradicts himself within the first 10 seconds. He says there's no evidence of astronauts jumping as high as they would be able to if they really weighed 1/6 what they do on earth, but then he talks about wires taking the weight off. He can't have it both ways. If they were too heavy and couldn't jump as high as they should have been able to, then their weight wasn't on wires.

Setting his obvious contradiction aside and looking at the video: at about 1:32, you can see there is some kind of antenna on the top of the "backpack". It's apparently metal, as it reflects light quite well. It appears to be the same thing causing the glint at about 1:15. The narrator makes a big deal about a "ping" which appears above the astronaut. This "ping" is easily explained by refraction in the camera lens. When viewing something like a car windshield through a camera lens, if the angle of the sun is right there is a glare or a glint. This frequently refracts in the lens as a line or sometimes a star shape. In both instances in the video (1:15 and 1:32), the "ping" is directly straight above the glinting object. This is approximately where a wire would be, but it is also where a camera refraction would be.

Also, if it is indeed a wire, then it appears to be only a single wire attached approximately in the center of the "backpack". This would be a highly unusual arrangement for someone on a wire, as there are usually two wires attached at the waist to be closest to center of gravity.

At 2:21, the astronaut gets up using only one foot and one hand being held by the other astronaut. The narrator only alleges that the wire took 5/6's of his weight, making the seemingly super-human feat possible. It is equally possible that he only weighed 1/6 of his normal weight because of the lack of gravity on the moon. This part of the video makes no argument whatsoever about wires, simply that he weighed less than normal. This is as much proof that we went to the moon as it is proof of a hoax.


3) obviously doctored photos (See 27:20 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)

The lack of cross hair in white parts of the photographs is easily explainable. Light has the ability to bend slightly around objects. This is why when you hold up your finger in the sunlight, the shadow will be "crisp" if your finger is close to the surface, but gets fuzzy the farther away your finger gets. If you hold up something thin like a knife blade or a strip of paper, and align it precisely, it disappears and casts no shadow at all. Look at the shadow of some trees. If conditions are right it will appear that leaves are just floating because you can see the shadow of the leaf but not the stem.

In that same way, something like a fine crosshair etched onto a camera lens can be "washed out" with bright light - such as the image of something white.

Look at the picture at 27:59, which you also posted a still of earlier. The vertical part of the cross hair appears to be missing where his arm (which is white) is. But look closely at the horizontal part, particularly the part to the left, which is in the red portion of the flag. Is it there? To me it clearly is, but is it as crisp as the rest of the cross hair? No. It is slightly blurry. It is having the same blurred effect as the portions where it is over white, but since it is in the red portion of the flag the effect is lessened, and that part of the cross hair is not washed out entirely.

If, on the other hand, the photo was doctored - then how did the cross hair appear partly behind the astronaut and partly in front of the flag?


4) multiple light sources (See 23:00 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)

This one frustrates me more than most of these theories. Can you see the moon at night? Yes. Why? Because its surface REFLECTS LIGHT. It's mostly grey, light grey, even white. When you are in a dark room at night, if someone comes between you and the lamp or other light source, can you still see their face? Try it some time. Turn on a single lamp in a corner, then have someone stand between you and the lamp. Can you see their face or the front of them, or is their front entirely black because the source of light is behind them? Obviously you can see the front of them. Why? Because light bounces off of the walls behind you and onto them. Your walls probably aren't entirely white or light grey either. It's "ambient light", not another light source. :roll:

edit: I'm not saying there were walls behind them, I'm saying that the light reflected off the surface of the moon, and onto the side of the astronaut opposite the light source.


5) dangling effects (See 1:46 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNL ... re=related)

See the discussion of "wires" above.


6) The same area of the "moon" filmed twice and NASA claims they are two different locations (See 25:40 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +fox&hl=en)

It's clearly the same location. NASA said it was a different location in a different day. It's just as likely to me that NASA was wrong/confused/whatever on when the footage was taken as it is that this is proof of a hoax. Actually, I don't see how this is proof of a hoax at all. Unless you subscribe to the "NASA was wrong about that so they must have been wrong and lied to us about the whole thing" theory, which I think is absurd as far as "evidence" goes.


7) Actor-nauts faking a distant image of the earth through their window (See 1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqbdjybYeE&NR=1)

She is basing this entire argument on his statement that the window is "filled up with the t.v. camera". What does that statement mean? It could mean that there is a camera filling a window, but it could also have been an awkward and backwards way of saying that the window is filling the camera frame at that time - meaning he was zoomed in on the window. At about 0:55, she even states that the lens was later zoomed out. It seems clear to me that he was on one side of the capsule zooming in on the window which was on the other side. At 1:15 she alleges that "they remove part of the crescent insert" and I have no idea what she is talking about, because I saw no change in the image. At about 1:33, she says "the iris is opened up" which I believe was the case, but I don't see any subsequent recognizable image of the earth being anywhere near the spacecraft. Cameras have settings to allow more or less light based on the conditions. If you have the camera set for low light and you "film" something bright, it will wash out and appear much larger than it would if you had the right setting for the bright object. I believe that is what happens here. I see something very bright in the area of the window, but I can't recognize it as being a near image of the earth at all.

It bears repeating: I don't KNOW if we really went or not. The laser reflector which is still in use today seems pretty convincing. I'm open to theories which say we didn't, but I have yet to see a single theory which in my mind is convincing "proof" of a hoax, or leaves only the explanation that we didn't go. The theories are interesting, but less than entirely convincing. Until I see some "evidence" that conclusively proves we didn't go there, I'm open to the possibility that we did.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3600

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by pritchet1 »

If that reflector on the moon turned out to be either a pop or beer can, then it would be convincing. :lol:

DayofAwakening
captain of 10
Posts: 10

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by DayofAwakening »

Reflectors could have been placed by a probe or robotic 'moon lander' We have the technology for that. Robotics or 'non-living' things can pass through the Van Allen belts and other harsh conditions. Man's technology in the late 60's apparently couldn't

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10542
Location: St. George

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by shadow »

DayofAwakening wrote:Robotics or 'non-living' things can pass through the Van Allen belts and other harsh conditions. Man's technology in the late 60's apparently couldn't
They apparently could! Go back and watch ithinks link.

User avatar
ithink
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2933
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by ithink »

DayofAwakening wrote:Reflectors could have been placed by a probe or robotic 'moon lander' We have the technology for that. Robotics or 'non-living' things can pass through the Van Allen belts and other harsh conditions. Man's technology in the late 60's apparently couldn't
Except Van Allen himself thinks the theory you can't go through those belts is not part of his theory.

User avatar
AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6137
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by AussieOi »

why don't we just go and look at the original video footage to revisit it

oh yeah, that's right, they recorded over it ALL accidentally

yes, that's right, possibly the greatest achievement by mankind, and they recorded episodes of petticoat junction over the top of it. yeah right

that's the nail in the coffin for me, never mind the van allen belt and radiation

User avatar
Bridgey
captain of 100
Posts: 328

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Bridgey »

Alex Jones has an informant in NASA that was part of the moon landing. From my memory, What he said his informant said was that they did land on the moon and did do it all, but the picture quality being sent back to earth was so bad and choppy etc, that they either recreated it or had a created version ready in advance in case of this problem and televised that instead to please the masses. Perhaps the audio was real.

If this is true, it makes sense to me. Quite understandable.

User avatar
Cowell
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by Cowell »

Bridgey wrote:Alex Jones has an informant in NASA that was part of the moon landing. From my memory, What he said his informant said was that they did land on the moon and did do it all, but the picture quality being sent back to earth was so bad and choppy etc, that they either recreated it or had a created version ready in advance in case of this problem and televised that instead to please the masses. Perhaps the audio was real.

If this is true, it makes sense to me. Quite understandable.
I appreciate the info...but it sounds like a really bad cop out to me, If I'm being honest. I'm surprised Jones would go for that, based on his mind for conspiracies. There is too much evidence that we did not go to the moon for it to just be dismissed like that. I'm beginning to wonder if Gman was right about Jones all along. This seems like a real red flag to me (kind of like the one that moved on the moon when no one touched it.) I can't help but admit what I see with mine own eyes, even when the rest of the world scurries around trying to piece together explanations for what is the obvious truth.

User avatar
moonwhim
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4234

Re: Was Joseph Fielding Smith wrong about the Moon and Space?

Post by moonwhim »

Check out this website article: http://www.keithlaney.net/TheHiddenMiss ... ks&start=0
Keith Laney says you can see the left-over space gear on the moon from each moon mission on new photos taken of these areas.

Post Reply