The Book of Mormon & A Testimony

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
CaptainM
captain of 100

The Book of Mormon & A Testimony

Post by CaptainM »

I want to ask the group some questions; especially those who feel the Holy Ghost has testified to them of the truth of the Book of Mormon, and have not denied the Holy Ghost. Have we remained true to that lifeline from God?

Have we received a sure testimony by the Holy Ghost by any means other than the Book of Mormon?

Have we allowed the influence of satan and those who are his tools to move us off the mark?

Have we assumed that because God chose to use Joseph Smith to bring forth the Book of Mormon that he became infallible like the pope?

Have we noticed some differences and sophistry to get us to buy into things that are not in the Book of Mormon?

Does something inside of you gnaw at you telling you that beside the Book of Mormon things are not what they are supposed to be?

Have we allowed a works-based philosophy addict us to keep trying to save ourselves by getting "Celestial Browny-Points?"

God help us! Don't we need each other to stay true to the Rock of our salvation?

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Re: The Book of Mormon & A Testimony

Post by Mindfields »

I've read the Book of Mormon multiple times and haven't received any witness of its truthfulness whatsoever. Nada, none, Zilch. Having the same feeling as when I watched Luke destroy the Death Star is nothing more than an emotional response. So that doesn't count. By the way if that's how the Spirit testifies truth we're all in trouble.