LDSFF has proven one thing 100%

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: LDSFF has proven one thing 100%

Post by tmac »

HereWeGo wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:36 am
tmac wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:48 am That is why, when a Davidic Servant does arise, it shouldn’t be that hard to recognize, because He will offer such a stark contrast to what we have now.
I believe that not many will recognize him.
True. Only those with eyes to see and ears to hear. But for them, it should not be all that hard to recognize.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:51 am
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:49 am It is not complicated but it is real.

We use the decimal system when countingm some say cause we have 10 fingers and toes. Imagine if someone had 12 or 2.

Their count would be like this

1 10 11 100

So the zero in 10 or 1 plus 0, is a placeholder. It means graduation to the next level.

Binary is the most extreme but consider 4 and 5 base systens.

1 2 3 10
1 2 3 4 10

It is simply replacing the base with a 0 and adding another 1 to it.

1 10 100 1000
So 2 plus 2 equals 4

Where as 2 plus 2 in binary is 100 but this 100 is equivalent to 4.

Optical illusion.

This was one of the more useful things i learned in elec engineering. The ability toncount outside my paradigm. Musicians may learb a similar thijg using octaves.
Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:40 am

Well I don’t know much about trinary and binary systems. Are you being serious? I can’t tell. Anyway, you can read my thoughts about 2+2=4 above. It’s kind of a nod to George Orwell’s 1984.
Okay, but you still haven’t convinced me that 2+2 does not equal 4 sometimes. 😂
99.999+% of people live in a decimal system and when numbers are discussed, it is understood that the base 10 system is being used. In this system, 2+2=4.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:19 am
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:53 am That is part of the system. Free will

No, it’s called logic and truth. 😆
He is right. It is only true in a base 10 system. It is based on logic.

You might want to look at the history of math.

We currently use base 10 in the modern western world, (the assumption being because we have 10 fingers) but not all humans in history have.
George Orwell was simply using a simple example assuming most people would understand it was a lie. But he could have said black is white. Or good is evil. They might have been better examples since his analogy has exceptions.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

DivineSpark wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:21 pm After reading and following threads on this site (and lots of other sites) there is one thing that is 100% clear.

No one truly knows what THE truth is. Be honest and look at all of the different topics objectively. Let's take a look at a few of the topics.

Polygamy - half the people know it's real, and the other half know it's lies.

The LDS church - people know it's true, and people know it's false .

The earth - people know it's a globe, people know it's flat.

Life after death - there is no hell, there is a hell. Or really anything that is questioned about NDEs both sides of any debate are known.

Pick any topic about any subject and people on both sides of the debate KNOW they are correct.

Whether it's a spiritual experience or scientific discovery people on both sides of everything, 100% believe they are correct. Jesus visited me and told me the truth, no Jesus visited me and told me the truth.

Too put this bluntly, no one and I mean no one knows what in the world is going on. I know people are saying right now, "well the spirit bore witness to me of this and that, so I know I'm right.". But the thing is someone else somewhere else had the exact opposite witnessed to them.

This life is one big chaotic mess and not a single being on this planet knows why or how to change it. And there is absolutely no way to prove with 100% certainty that anything you think you know is true.

But the bible is the word of God. That same book has been passed through so many hands there is no way to know if what is written is God's word or man's words.

But the BoM is the word of God. I guess if you can trust masons and a 14 year old kid that said he got the words out of a hat.

Every topic, every subject. Someone knows something, but someone else knows the exact opposite.

All the endless debates on all these topics are actually quite comical because everyone is so adamant they are correct. Looking at all this objectively it's astounding how stupid we all really are.
Either/or fallacies.

Many people being wrong doesn't negate the possibility of someone, or many someones, being correct.

I would recommend stop looking to fallible humans for answers.

Set aside all you think you know.

Go to the source.

Like learning to talk or walk, it may take time to quiet your mind, preconceived ideas, and voices of others, but you can learn to talk to God. If you really want to.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Niemand wrote: June 5th, 2023, 2:44 am
larsenb wrote: June 5th, 2023, 12:24 am "And there is absolutely no way to prove with 100% certainty that anything you think you know is true. " A good scientific attitude. Work with multiple hypotheses, weigh and sift data and evidence, and work with probabilities. Oh, but don't forget logic and good reasoning; and remember, tautologies are always 100% true.
Some stuff is 100% true. The church leadership called the Covid shots a "godsend", which is even if one is a full supporter of the things, veers into blasphemy, because it suggests they are of divine origin. (Normally I wouldn't take the word "godsend" quite so literally but when it is in an FP letter...)

Other things which are pretty indisputable are that
* the church is incredibly rich and has hidden money.
* it botches and backtracks on some policies.
* it tells us to support government always.
* the war on the word "Mormon" is Nelson's pet project and not in line with recent history.
* the church hasn't warned of certain dangers properly.
Right. I could have expanded on what I said. Many things are 100% true, and we can also see such things in our immediate experience that are 100% true, though their truth may not be 'transferable' to anyone else.

For instance, I am 100% certain I had a very powerful spiritual experience at the mission farewell of a backslid friend of mine, that my mother insisted I go to. I'm even 100% sure of the meaning it had for me beyond its phenomenological import.

I guess the kicker in the phrase I quoted was "there is no way to prove'. Proving something involves bringing other people into your conviction. Tough to do in many cases.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thr truth is that everyone is allowed theirbversion of truth even if it is not accurate. Optical illusions are inavcurate.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Another easy example for mortals is thebnumber 6 and 9. 9 is jjst a 6 looked at from upside down. So if 6 is on a ceiling, one person will say 6 and the other person will say 9. Who is correct?

This optival illusion reality was createf specifivally to produce this simulation effect. Oh well not that it matters what i type. When a soul graduayes to the creation lvl, they will gain said knowledge.
JuneBug12000 wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:57 am

We currently use base 10 in the modern western world, (the assumption being because we have 10 fingers) but not all humans in history have.
George Orwell was simply using a simple example assuming most people would understand it was a lie. But he could have said black is white. Or good is evil. They might have been better examples since his analogy has exceptions.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Y’all are cray cray. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a decimal system or not. If I have two rabbits and get two more rabbits, then I now have 4 rabbits! For real. Didn’t think I’d have to argue this so much on here.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:14 pm Y’all are cray cray. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a decimal system or not. If I have two rabbits and get two more rabbits, then I now have 4 rabbits! For real. Didn’t think I’d have to argue this so much on here.
4=10 ; )

This is how the creators see things. It is foolishness and nonsense to mortals, right?

See, proof.

Angels, fallen angels, gods, creators, are all "cray cray". You are quite right. They would have to be, to create this simulation world.

The apocalypse can be very lovely when mortals are seen awakening to a new paradigm. But they will backslide. Awakening to one new paradigm, such as about USA treason, Epstein, or death doctors, doesn't mean they are completely awakened to their awful situation. It takes time to shatter and rebuild paradigms and world views.

I can see both or even almost all sides of an issue. But let's look at death doctors promoting the wax, they can only see one side of the issue. If you try to talk to em about mrna being dangerous and people dying, they will look at you like you are "cray cray".

You are above them, right Wolf Woman? But there are also others far ahead of you, just like you are ahead of that death doctor.

As for arguing, that is not my intent. I am explaining what is going on and why I am serious or not. When a soul decides that it is not time for them to know, there is no point in trying to push a paradigm shift unto them. I don't try that. I simply explain what is going on. People can decide what to do about it from there.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:35 am
Niemand wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:07 am
Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:02 am That’s why I have said elsewhere on this forum that there’s not much that I know. I know I’m a woman. I know certain mathematics like 2+2=4.

Other than that, I believe some things, based on my experiences.

But yeah, I don’t know much.
Generally I do believe 2+2=4 , but does real life always work like that?

It depends how you divvy it up. Two parents plus two children make one family. LGBT stuff aside, at least half of the family will be of the same gender, and maybe 3/4 will be. The chances of all four sharing a birthday are very slim. However it is much more likely the children will share a birthday with each other than the two adults, because of twins. And so on and so on.

Anyway that's enough of mathematical philosophy. It just goes to show that we can use different ways to analyse things, and multiple factors enter in.
LoL
You’re not the first person to push back on the 2+2=4 thing with me, which I find hilarious and slightly scary. I was speaking in a very literal sense and in that sense, 2+2=4.
If 2+2 sometimes equals something else, then I guess sometimes a person with a vagina and ovaries and a uterus can be a man! 😂
It’s funny that George Orwell predicted it in his book 1984. The evil government tries to convince the main character that 2+2 can sometimes =5. (George Orwell was way off in his predictions that orgasms would be outlawed though. Right now it’s sex, sex, sex for everyone, including the little kids!)
No, it's certainly not scary. It's just proof that pure mathematics has a somewhat shaky relationship with the real world and depends on definitions and other factors.

You have to define what you're dealing with, and that is important too. If you calculate something from one dataset, you can end up with a very different result from another. There are several methods of calculating averages for example, which differ from one another: the mean, the median, the mode and the range.

Chance certainly does not happen in the scattered way that mathematics predicts, but instead often appears in clumps of synchronicity and other factors.
It’s funny that George Orwell predicted it in his book 1984. The evil government tries to convince the main character that 2+2 can sometimes =5.
Orwell didn't really predict it as such. 2+2=5 is parodying a famous Soviet poster that was produced over a decade before 1984 was published.
5ive-year-plan.jpg
5ive-year-plan.jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Stalin loved his Five Year Plans (China still has them, and Agenda 2030 reeks of the same mentality).

The reference in the original 2+2=5 poster was that the USSR had supposedly exceeded its targets within two periods of two years, and was a year ahead of target. Some big projects were indeed made in the Stalin period, but the reality was that many people had lied about figures and exaggerated statistics, which in turn led to a lot of problems.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Niemand wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:27 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 9:35 am
Niemand wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:07 am

Generally I do believe 2+2=4 , but does real life always work like that?

It depends how you divvy it up. Two parents plus two children make one family. LGBT stuff aside, at least half of the family will be of the same gender, and maybe 3/4 will be. The chances of all four sharing a birthday are very slim. However it is much more likely the children will share a birthday with each other than the two adults, because of twins. And so on and so on.

Anyway that's enough of mathematical philosophy. It just goes to show that we can use different ways to analyse things, and multiple factors enter in.
LoL
You’re not the first person to push back on the 2+2=4 thing with me, which I find hilarious and slightly scary. I was speaking in a very literal sense and in that sense, 2+2=4.
If 2+2 sometimes equals something else, then I guess sometimes a person with a vagina and ovaries and a uterus can be a man! 😂
It’s funny that George Orwell predicted it in his book 1984. The evil government tries to convince the main character that 2+2 can sometimes =5. (George Orwell was way off in his predictions that orgasms would be outlawed though. Right now it’s sex, sex, sex for everyone, including the little kids!)
No, it's certainly not scary. It's just proof that pure mathematics has a somewhat shaky relationship with the real world and depends on definitions and other factors.

You have to define what you're dealing with, and that is important too. If you calculate something from one dataset, you can end up with a very different result from another. There are several methods of calculating averages for example, which differ from one another: the mean, the median, the mode and the range.

Chance certainly does not happen in the scattered way that mathematics predicts, but instead often appears in clumps of synchronicity and other factors.
It’s funny that George Orwell predicted it in his book 1984. The evil government tries to convince the main character that 2+2 can sometimes =5.
Orwell didn't really predict it as such. 2+2=5 is parodying a famous Soviet poster that was produced over a decade before 1984 was published.
5ive-year-plan.jpg

Stalin loved his Five Year Plans (China still has them, and Agenda 2030 reeks of the same mentality).

The reference in the original 2+2=5 poster was that the USSR had supposedly exceeded its targets within two periods of two years, and was a year ahead of target. Some big projects were indeed made in the Stalin period, but the reality was that many people had lied about figures and exaggerated statistics, which in turn led to a lot of problems.
The history of the Soviet poster is interesting. Thanks for that. But we are going to have to agree to disagree about arithmetic. 🙄

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Yes, it is scary to have one's paradigm challenged or broken. But I got used to it.

After all, how many people here think the moon landing apollo stuff was faked?

Raise hand!

I even asked for more. I asked God for all the things that humanity has rejected, to be granted unto me to test. And that was granted, to the point where even my human intellect became overwhelmed by the content and subjects (Flat Earth conspiracies/NASA/Agartha/Admiral Byrd) that hit me at once.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:14 pm Y’all are cray cray. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a decimal system or not. If I have two rabbits and get two more rabbits, then I now have 4 rabbits! For real. Didn’t think I’d have to argue this so much on here.
The real question we have to ask ourselves in this inverted world is What is a Wolf Woman?

Many would argue that is a frame of mind but that is the science talking. :)

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Good & Global wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:35 pm
The real question we have to ask ourselves in this inverted world is What is a Wolf Woman?
What Can Change the Nature of a Man?

No, it's not a trans surgery

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Many would argue that is a frame of mind but that is the science talking. :)
Just an avatar. 😝

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wolfwoman wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:32 pm The history of the Soviet poster is interesting. Thanks for that. But we are going to have to agree to disagree about arithmetic. 🙄
Not at all. Never bothered Jesus when he had loaves and fishes. 😄

The real world often contains multiple categories. It is sometimes more useful to see the world in terms of equations, which is how science often operates.

Look at the picture below. If I asked for a number of "how many?", there would be multiple answers.
* Total number of vehicles. (Basic number, but not very useful)
* Cars + Buses + Tuk Tuks + Motorcycles + Vans/Lorries + Cement Trucks. (Which is more useful for various reasons, and can be converted into piecharts, graphs and percentages.)
* Density of vehicles within a certain area. (Maybe calculated by taking samples from several small areas. Might be quicker than counting them all.)
* Vehicles on the road as opposed to off it.
* Vehicles by number of wheels - two wheeled ones, three wheeled ones snd four wheeled ones.
* By colour etc.
* Number of people (but how?). Do pedestrians or passengers factor in as road users.

Same goes for a recipe. Some of a recipe will be in measures (tablespoons) and other ingredients will be in objects (X number of peppers etc), yet those are two very different categories. But the recipe will work.

You've probably had enough of this, but I hope you know what I'm driving at. I was never a great fan of mathematics at school. Very boring!
Attachments
cars-crowded-on-the-ring-road-during-rush-hour-traffic-in-delhi-india-EFK7Y1.jpg
cars-crowded-on-the-ring-road-during-rush-hour-traffic-in-delhi-india-EFK7Y1.jpg (297.44 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Last edited by Niemand on June 5th, 2023, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsaiahVision
captain of 100

Post by IsaiahVision »

DivineSpark wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:21 pm After reading and following threads on this site (and lots of other sites) there is one thing that is 100% clear.

No one truly knows what THE truth is. Be honest and look at all of the different topics objectively. Let's take a look at a few of the topics.

Life after death - there is no hell, there is a hell. Or really anything that is questioned about NDEs both sides of any debate are known.

Pick any topic about any subject and people on both sides of the debate KNOW they are correct.

Whether it's a spiritual experience or scientific discovery people on both sides of everything, 100% believe they are correct. Jesus visited me and told me the truth, no Jesus visited me and told me the truth.

Too put this bluntly, no one and I mean no one knows what in the world is going on. I know people are saying right now, "well the spirit bore witness to me of this and that, so I know I'm right.". But the thing is someone else somewhere else had the exact opposite witnessed to them.

This life is one big chaotic mess and not a single being on this planet knows why or how to change it. And there is absolutely no way to prove with 100% certainty that anything you think you know is true.

But the bible is the word of God. That same book has been passed through so many hands there is no way to know if what is written is God's word or man's words.

But the BoM is the word of God. I guess if you can trust masons and a 14 year old kid that said he got the words out of a hat.

Every topic, every subject. Someone knows something, but someone else knows the exact opposite.

All the endless debates on all these topics are actually quite comical because everyone is so adamant they are correct. Looking at all this objectively it's astounding how stupid we all really are.

Interesting premise....with the use of some fallacies. Many of us here know certain truths, but probably not all truth. While it is a muddled mess sometimes, there is a stark difference between 'opinions', strong beliefs, and 'truth or facts'. "Know is true" is simply too vague and infers 'opinion'. Recognize opinions as opinions and truth as truth...when backed up with scripture or a preponderance of the evidence.

Will LDSFF ever agree on every subject? Certainly not.

There is also a 3rd category, those who 'don't know', are still seeking knowledge, or those who are still formulating an opinion. There are many subjects I simply haven't studied yet.

I enjoy hearing opinions and reasoning with holy scripture. My opinions are always subject to change with further knowledge! I certainly do not know everything.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge,...
Last edited by IsaiahVision on June 5th, 2023, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erastothenes
captain of 100

Post by Erastothenes »

Your absolutely 100% correct DivineSpark. When it comes to religion, God, death, life etc. no one knows anything. The majority of the LDS faith accept RMN as a prophet of God. He knows nothing about the mysteries of God. No one does. We all have theories. But there are a billion different theories. Each human has faith is a different being they hope exists and listens or even cares about us. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING! Its all theory.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

How can scripture be the words of a god when they can't even get the word translated correctly? Often they use fear when it is not fear but awe. when God says he is jealous, that was ZEALOUS, not jealous. Humans wrote the jealous part.

Can humans now write scripture? Apparently yes. Like a Demoncrat writing what Russian Vladimir thinks.
IsaiahVision wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm

Interesting premise....with the use of some fallacies. Many of us here know certain truths, but probably not all truth. While it is a muddled mess sometimes, there is a stark difference between 'opinions', strong beliefs, and 'truth or facts'. "Know is true" is simply too vague and infers 'opinion'. Recognize opinions as opinions and truth as truth...when backed up with scripture or a preponderance of the evidence.

Will LDSFF ever agree on every subject? Certainly not.

There is also a 3rd category, those who 'don't know', are still seeking knowledge, or those who are still formulating an opinion. There are many subjects I simply haven't studied yet.

I enjoy hearing opinions and reasoning with holy scripture. My opinions are always subject to change from further knowledge! I certainly do not know everything.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge,...

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

OP is right, the people in this forum are confused. No one agrees on anything.

DivineSpark
captain of 50

Post by DivineSpark »

Thanks for all the replies. Fortunately or unfortunately the majority of posts in this thread solidify my original post.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

DivineSpark wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:21 pm

Too put this bluntly, no one and I mean no one knows what in the world is going on.

All the endless debates on all these topics are actually quite comical
because everyone is so adamant they are correct. Looking at all this objectively it's astounding how stupid we all really are.
good post. I cropped it down to make a few comments.

I am certain that there a few here that do absolutely know that God lives and that Christ lives and that miracles do occur which are beyond the laws of time and space. Also, there are some that are perfectly aware that they are immortal. Not the body, the true self that resides in the soul.

Can any of what I said be proven? Nope. It's the nature of how it works. The scoffers are given their day in the sun for a purpose.

but as far as doctrine, I'm right there with you. Debate is nonsense.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:36 pm
What Can Change the Nature of a Man?

No, it's not a trans surgery
willingness on the part of the man and power on the part of God. It is to create a vacuum and then it is filled by what is real.
To be as hollow bamboo. ah o... there I go again spouting nonsense that I make up in my subjective mind. 8-)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 1:05 pm Another easy example for mortals is thebnumber 6 and 9. 9 is jjst a 6 looked at from upside down. So if 6 is on a ceiling, one person will say 6 and the other person will say 9. Who is correct?

This optival illusion reality was createf specifivally to produce this simulation effect. Oh well not that it matters what i type. When a soul graduayes to the creation lvl, they will gain said knowledge.
JuneBug12000 wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:57 am

How many degrees are is one radian, and how does that relate to the Davidic Servant?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:17 pm

Angels, fallen angels, gods, creators, are all "cray cray". You are quite right. They would have to be, to create this simulation world.

and we would have to have been quite naive to have decided to play. Lucky we're immortals or this would be a dreadful experience . :)