Now give us your fillings!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Now give us your fillings!

Post by Niemand »

cc6f7ea82780e7a412ccce4a7bb2ec2c.jpg
cc6f7ea82780e7a412ccce4a7bb2ec2c.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 236 times
Come unto Dentist

https://www.thechurchnews.com/1998/5/9/ ... bers-urged

The church is cash strapped, please give generously.
"They gave the gold from their dental work to help pay on the temple, said President Faust. He explained that he had purchased some of that gold, for more than the market price, and has shown the gold fillings to various congregations to illustrate the nature of the sacrifice made by these members."
Attachments
20230603_090734.jpg
20230603_090734.jpg (138.2 KiB) Viewed 236 times
Screenshot_20230603-082058_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20230603-082058_Brave.jpg (342.26 KiB) Viewed 236 times

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Re: Now give us your fillings!

Post by Good & Global »

Sounds like a speech heard at a rally in 1939 Berlin. They also kept gold teeth as souvenirs of their victims.
Faust used his own money to purchase these gold fillings as it says in the article. Not saying hey I am a rich old guy you keep those I am so inspired here is the money. No he completed the transaction.

This is particularly vile when he gave this talk the year after they started the shell company scheme of diverting tithing money.

Hinckley, Monson and Faust and the Presiding Bishopric had to sign off on it. They had also already gone through the first wave of firing at least half the janitors in the church so members could do the work.

This guy really does sound like a Nazi and Faust is a very german name.
Last edited by Good & Global on June 3rd, 2023, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

For nazis go look in kiev, nasa, mic, and state department. Nato as well. Early commanders.
Good & Global wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 4:05 am Sounds like a speech heard at a rally in 1939 Berlin. They also kept gold teeth as souvenirs of their victims.
Faust used his osn money to purchase these gold fillings as it says in the article. Not saying hey I am a rich old guy you keep those I am so inspired here is the money. No he completed the transaction.

This is particularly vile when he gave this talk the year after they started the shell company scheme of diverting tithing money.

Hinckley, Monson and Faust and the Presiding Bishopric had to sign off on it. They had also already gone through the first wave of firing at least half the janitors in the church so members could do the work.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Wait, what did they have in their teeth after then? Did they pull the whole tooth? That doesn't sound right at all.

Why would Faust buy it? Why would he show it off? Gross. This sounds so wrong for so many reasons.

What the heck did I just read?

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

It didn't sound like President Faust was overtly encouraging the Brazilian saints to give their gold fillings. However, he was implicitly doing so.

The willing sacrifice of all things, even our fillings, is required for exaltation. That's a principle taught by the Savior when he taught,
32. He who loveth father and mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
33 And he who taketh not his cross and followeth after me is not worthy of me.
34 He who seeketh to save his life shall lose it; and he who loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
So I do not think that it displeased God that those saints were willing to give their fillings. God is able to do great things with such willingness.

However, I think that President Faust knew that Church leaders shouldn't be hiding the Ensign Peak money. He also must have known that the Church didn't need such financial sacrifices anymore, especially from impoverished latter-day saints in Porto Allegre, Brazil. Instead of asking them for more money, they should have been assisting many of those saints.

What God needs more than gold fillings is a broken heart and a contrite spirit and willing repentance. Sure, at times, those things will require the sacrifice of all things. But that principle is best taught by honest men who are willing to do those things themselves. Church leaders are plainly not those men, at least not any longer.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Atrasado wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 11:17 am It didn't sound like President Faust was overtly encouraging the Brazilian saints to give their gold fillings. However, he was implicitly doing so.

The willing sacrifice of all things, even our fillings, is required for exaltation. That's a principle taught by the Savior when he taught,
32. He who loveth father and mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
34 He who seeketh to save his life shall lose it; and he who loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
So I do not think that it displeased God that those saints were willing to give their fillings. God is able to do great things with such willingness.

However, I think that President Faust knew that Church leaders shouldn't be hiding the Ensign Peak money. He also must have known that the Church didn't need such financial sacrifices anymore, especially from impoverished latter-day saints in Porto Allegre, Brazil. Instead of asking them for more money, they should have been assisting many of those saints.

What God needs more than gold fillings is a broken heart and a contrite spirit and willing repentance. Sure, at times, those things will require the sacrifice of all things. But that principle is best taught by honest men who are willing to do those things themselves. Church leaders are plainly not those men, at least not any longer.
Off topic, I know I'm going out of the context of this thread, but hermano, there is nothing more important than those words of Christ that you quoted, and again they hit me like a ton of bricks.... The whole world is upside down and counterfeit but I read His words.... And it's the only thing that makes sense anymore ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™He gives me such peace and confidence inside. I'm so grateful that I'm allowed to know Him and the plan of salvation.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Good & Global wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 4:05 am Sounds like a speech heard at a rally in 1939 Berlin. They also kept gold teeth as souvenirs of their victims.
Mussolini was into that. I think at one point he got Italians to donate gold jewellery.
A name from German literature. The man who did a deal with the Devil.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Atrasado wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 11:17 am It didn't sound like President Faust was overtly encouraging the Brazilian saints to give their gold fillings. However, he was implicitly doing so.

Unless, of course, the temple is a re-engineered version of the Masonic rite employed by Joseph Smith to 1) promote celestial marriage (a code word for polygamy and also 2) to ensure secrecy around the practice of polygamy using fear by swearing initiates to blood oaths where they could lose their lives if they revealed the secrets of the new and everlasting covenant (polygamy).

Am I the only one who is concerned of the possibility that God may not be pleased when we sacrifice our resources to build edifices that promote that ideology? Is this a cross that Jesus would have us take up or is it a cross that he wishes we would discern as not being his?

Erastothenes
captain of 100

Post by Erastothenes »

Seriously!!! If this is the kind of stuff that God requires on his children the i want out of the family. Good heavens! Other than that I am speechless.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

JuneBug12000 wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 9:10 am Wait, what did they have in their teeth after then? Did they pull the whole tooth? That doesn't sound right at all.

Why would Faust buy it? Why would he show it off? Gross. This sounds so wrong for so many reasons.

What the heck did I just read?
Yes even industrial strength drano doesn't get the mental image out of him admiring the fillings with a bit of a smile.

This is why the church gets away with stuff like this. It is so atrocious or horrific no decent person can believe another decent person can do such a thing. But that is the thing. These are not decent people. They only pretend to be which is why their image has to be so squeaky clean. I used to be annoyed of how corporate cookie cutter it had to be but yes that was cover for the real monsters underneath. No average member knows what they even do during the time they see them on camera at General Conference to the next time they have some media segment on them. They could do anything during 6 months. They aren't out knocking doors so it isn't getting their hands dirty.

They operate in a completely different way than honest, good people do which is why it is so foreign and almost inconceivable to even think any allegations are real. This is why members of the church have to be so cookie cutter perfect. It's not for them. It is for cover for the leaders.

The behavior I just described also extends further than the church. Look at every sick and twisted person who is a serial abuser of people and gets away with it repeatedly. Same pattern. The pattern of the Gads.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Maybe they gave the gold (common in SA for those fillings, especially back in the 60's and 70's) and got their teeth refilled.

Don't think he asked for it. Having it, maybe it was better to buy it and use it than to say your sacrifice was really stupid, go get it put back in your teeth.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Why couldn't he reward their faith like Abraham? or like Joseph Smith did with Heber C Kimball's wife in asking him to give her up only to test his commitment.

Faust: Okay now I perceive through the power of discernment by the gift which is in me that you are willing to sacrifice. You have passed the test brother or sister! I will pay the money or at the very least the church has put aside a billion dollars so far in a hedge fund we started last year in 1997. It is now 1998 so with the interest I figure the church will pay for you and all of you in the branch to have your teeth fixed. That is the least we could do this is how we help people including our dear members.

What really went down: (Faust just put it in his pocket as a memento having paid the money out of his living stipend petty cash that reimburses all entertainment and gifts.)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Erastothenes wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 5:59 pm Seriously!!! If this is the kind of stuff that God requires on his children the i want out of the family. Good heavens! Other than that I am speechless.
God wants us to sacrifice things... but God also realises a highly wealthy organisation doesn't need Brazilians' gold fillings.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Niemand wrote: โ†‘June 4th, 2023, 4:31 pm
Erastothenes wrote: โ†‘June 3rd, 2023, 5:59 pm Seriously!!! If this is the kind of stuff that God requires on his children the i want out of the family. Good heavens! Other than that I am speechless.
God wants us to sacrifice things... but God also realises a highly wealthy organisation doesn't need Brazilians' gold fillings.
As Elder Andersen told Zimbabwe people asking for help that We are not a wealthy people.
https://news-zw.churchofjesuschrist.org ... es-support

The church needs every cent. Now let's go shopping!