King James Bible removed from some schools in Utah

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

King James Bible removed from some schools in Utah

Post by Lizzy60 »

It has been removed from elementary and middle schools in Davis County. This is just north of Salt Lake, and includes Layton, Bountiful and Kaysville.

The reason is too much sex and violence.

Personal observation — I have family in this county and they agree that the pro-LGBTQ members and non-members have been very vocal the past few years. Pride flags are on every street. It is my opinion that this could be the reason behind the ban. There is a concerted push by pro-gay members to rewrite the Bible so that it no longer condemns homosexuality. Until that’s done, best to remove it wherever possible.

Maybe someone who lives in this area can find out more.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bible ... 0102s1yorp

The article states that one person complained, and a three-person committee made the decision.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: King James Bible removed from some schools in Utah

Post by markharr »

A lot of people read the depraved acts documented in the bible and see it as permission. Including permission to have concubines and multiple wives.

They don't keep reading to see the judgements that befell Israel for turning away from God
Last edited by markharr on June 2nd, 2023, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Utah, the Mormon state. Perhaps this was the very reason the church placed so much love on the queers. Getting rid of the Bible is a big plus for the WEF following LDS church.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:24 am It has been removed from elementary and middle schools in Davis County. This is just north of Salt Lake, and includes Layton, Bountiful and Kaysville.

Personal observation — I have family in this county and they agree that the pro-LGBTQ members and non-members have been very vocal the past few years. Pride flags are on every street. It is my opinion that this could be the reason behind the ban. There is a concerted push by pro-gay members to rewrite the Bible so that it no longer condemns homosexuality. Until that’s done, best to remove it wherever possible.

The article states that one person complained, and a three-person committee made the decision.
Many of the GA's have homes in Davis county. Obviously they didn't put up much of a fight.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:10 pm Utah, the Mormon state. Perhaps this was the very reason the church placed so much love on the queers. Getting rid of the Bible is a big plus for the WEF following LDS church.
Yeah, limits competition. The BofM is Mormonism’s “unique” plus for marketing. But that’s tough to compete against the Bible.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thinker wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:26 pm
Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:10 pm Utah, the Mormon state. Perhaps this was the very reason the church placed so much love on the queers. Getting rid of the Bible is a big plus for the WEF following LDS church.
Yeah, limits competition. The BofM is Mormonism’s “unique” plus for marketing. But that’s tough to compete against the Bible.
Like RedPill mentioned above, there didn't seem to be any opposition.
On the one hand they can claim to have no control over government, but on the other, tell us to follow and support government.

In Utah, the church IS the government.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:32 pm… In Utah, the church IS the government.
It sure seems so - plenty of evidence to suggest that.
And what does that say about church leaders claiming to be the 1 & only true church of God - (aka #1 in religious corporations) who use their legal sway against religion?

Maybe it says that they’re really not in it for religion at all. So then what are they in it for?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:24 am It has been removed from elementary and middle schools in Davis County. This is just north of Salt Lake, and includes Layton, Bountiful and Kaysville.

Superficially it seems obvious this is a battle between extreme leftism (love of homosexuality, abortion etc)… &… godly Christianity/Abrahamic religions. However on closer inspection, it is a battle of extreme but passive aggressive (leftist) evil… & a slightly less evil mixed with good set of ideologies. The Bible has plenty of good, but it also has some sick things like promoting incest & unjust war (which the BofM does too). But what other book unifies & inspires like the #1 seller (the Bible)? But don’t think for a second that the adversary didn’t realize this & play a part in corrupting messages in it & lds dogmas. “There must needs be opposition in all things.”

Overall, the more superficial view of this is what will be the focus indefinitely.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

This is where I thought it was always going. See they start off with what most people can mildly get behind then hijack the movement for their own purposes. Once they start doing things, the masses shut their brains off because someone else is doing it so they can be lazy - it's someone else's job.

Same thing that happened within the church instead of members donating to other causes and actively building up their communities they shut off their brains and said the church can do it better than we can. Now we have why the world is the way it is. The church just diverted these monies to their hedge fund and the UN, NAACP cuz same reasoning they can do it better than the church can. Humans, including myself, are gullible.
Last edited by Good & Global on June 2nd, 2023, 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I recommend the bom as 90 to 95% accurate to almost anyonr. Including new age agnostics.

The bible i cannot recommend. 33% accurate ot, nt is 50 50. I usually start with heiser.

Thr biblical people were no different than those here on this forum. They had families and gifts. Money troubles. And they haf human idebtities and egos that madr mistakes
Thinker wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:26 pm

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 2:53 pm I recommend the bom as 90 to 95% accurate to almost anyonr. Including new age agnostics…
I wouldn’t.
Mostly because
1) Moral reason &
2) Plagiarism or heavily borrowing… (besides from the Bible which is more well known)

This wouldn’t upload: Moroni 7 from 1Corinthians 13… http://utlm.org/images/newsletters/no63_p4.gif

Any of the following sound familiar…?

“Happiness is the meaning & the purpose of life.” -Aristotle
“...business of man is to be happy.” - John Locke

“Better the whole people perish than that injustice be done.” -Kant

“… the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof, came into the hands of the Encratites: and the Heathens…” - Isaac Newton

So… there’s a high possibility that the BofM is more similar to everyday literature & maybe shouldn’t be prioritized above all as if one is falling for it being set up as the unique golden calf marketing tool of Mormonism.

You might argue, “Well, even if it borrowed from other sources, they are true and good.” And I wouldn’t refute that, but consider
maybe there are better things to read daily which do not involve excess justified violence mixed in with the good & truth. There are dysfunctional aspects in it - and sins of omission. It’s hard to see when we’re indoctrinated not to. Parts of the BofM are like bad nightly news on tv - just gets people worked up without providing the way for better. Yes, in other places it talks about God and Christ, but as I pointed out before, several scriptures paint violence as good and godly when it isn’t. Portraying violence is only godly when showing it in moral context, which the BofM doesn’t but does the opposite.

If you need it, you officially have permission, or even are commanded by JS to CHERRY PICK scriptures! Intelligence = “to choose between.”
  • "Search the scriptures, search the prophets, and learn what portion of them belongs to you." -Joseph Smith
Last edited by Thinker on June 3rd, 2023, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

As of Friday afternoon 6/2/2023 per KSL radio there is a "charge" to remove the Book of Mormon also

But A;ll is Well in Zion where the hooety tooewdy live in Davis county: Bountiful, Layton, Kaysville, etc..

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

So, I'm wondering, what is being implied by these similarities of scattered phraseology in the Book of Mormon and Gilbert Hunt's The Late War and Ethan Smith's View of the Hebrews and Matthew Linning's First Book of Napoleon? Is the implication that Joseph Smith authored the Book of Mormon?

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Thinker wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:01 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 2:53 pm I recommend the bom as 90 to 95% accurate to almost anyonr. Including new age agnostics…
I wouldn’t.
Mostly because
1) Moral reason &
2) Plagiarism or heavily borrowing… (besides from the Bible which is more well known)

This wouldn’t upload: Moroni 7 from 1Corinthians 13… http://utlm.org/images/newsletters/no63_p4.gif

“… the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof, came into the hands of the Encratites: and the Heathens…” - Isaac Newton

So… there’s a high possibility that the BofM is more similar to everyday literature & maybe shouldn’t be prioritized above all as if one is falling for it being set up as the unique golden calf marketing tool of Mormonism.

You might argue, “Well, even if it borrowed from other sources, they are true and good.” And I wouldn’t refute that, but consider
maybe there are better things to read daily which do not involve excess justified violence mixed in with the good & truth. There are dysfunctional aspects in it - and sins of omission. It’s hard to see when we’re indoctrinated not to. Parts of the BofM are like bad nightly news on tv - just gets people worked up without providing the way for better. Yes, in other places it talks about God and Christ, but as I pointed out before, several scriptures paint violence as good and godly when it isn’t. Portraying violence is only godly when showing it in moral context, which the BofM doesn’t but does the opposite.

If you need it, you officially have permission, or even are commanded by JS to CHERRY PICK scriptures! Intelligence = “to choose between.”
  • "Search the scriptures, search the prophets, and learn what portion of them belongs to you." -Joseph Smith
Thanks for sharing this. I remember how troubling it was when I first came across these parallel’s. Especially the 2000 men!

The stripling warriors was one of my favorite stories in the BoM!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

You know that the species morphogenetic field produces simultaneous breakthroughs. Such as flight and electricity. Multiple people try ti patent it at the same time because they are being fed downloads.

This does not mean they copied each other. It means a divine speices wide download was affecting them all and giving them good ideas.

Same for babylon and enoch. They are not copying older text. They are reporting eye witness of the same events from different eras or pov.

Bruce lee i ajd j smith say similar things. Take what is of use and ignore the rest.

Thinker wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:01 pm
I wouldn’t.
Mostly because
1) Moral reason &