Update on the Church’s stance on political neutrality.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Update on the Church’s stance on political neutrality.

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:33 am
Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:30 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:27 am

Because it was an insurrection. An attempted coup. These are objective facts of history that pretty much everyone around the world (outside of a few fringe right wing Americans) accepts.
No it was not. It was designed to appear so, however. The proof is out there.
The proof is that there were many people that threw a fit that their candidate lost and then proceeded to take that fit to the Capitol building just as they were confirming the votes for the winner of the presidential election. And that one of the ringleaders (who was found guilty in a court of law and sentenced to 18 years behind bars) admitted that he lamented that he didn't bring guns to the Capitol building. Several were there threatening violence against sitting members of Congress, the Senate, and even the Vice President.

That is an insurrection.

Saying the contrary would make you no better than the ChiComs that to this day deny that the atrocities of Tienanmen Square ever happened.
You are a tool. Not a sharp one, either. Hopefully, you will one day find truth.
Last edited by Fred on June 2nd, 2023, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:30 am
mudflap wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:26 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:21 am

Sure. I see nothing wrong with any of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
my conSCIENCE tells me no. 13 "climate change" is a hoax. Can I still follow my conscience and buy a gas stove if I want, or is that still only reserved for professional chefs in California?
Climate change is real

Correct. sometimes it's winter. Sometimes it's summer. Hot today, cooler tomorrow. rain. snow. All very true, yes.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:39 am Probably a good place for this. :)
Wow...

More prophetic than anything Q15 has uttered in a long time!

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

The Red Pill wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:56 am "However, as an institution, it reserves the right to address issues it believes have significant moral consequences or that directly affect the mission, teachings, or operations of the Church.”

What complete BS!!!!

It doesn't take "prophetic wisdom" to understand that the Democrats official position and voting record of slaughtering as many babies as possible is EVIL and WRONG...yet the church won't say a word about it....because they are all a bunch of progressive leftists.

These guys make me nauseated. They don't stand up for truth and they don't call out obvious EVIL...and they sure as hell don't give good medical advice.
Yeah they most certain self contradicted them selves with that statement.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:42 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:33 am
Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:30 am

No it was not. It was designed to appear so, however. The proof is out there.
The proof is that there were many people that threw a fit that their candidate lost and then proceeded to take that fit to the Capitol building just as they were confirming the votes for the winner of the presidential election. And that one of the ringleaders (who was found guilty in a court of law and sentenced to 18 years behind bars) admitted that he lamented that he didn't bring guns to the Capitol building. Several were there threatening violence against sitting members of Congress, the Senate, and even the Vice President.

That is an insurrection.

Saying the contrary would make you no better than the ChiComs that to this day deny that the atrocities of Tienanmen Square ever happened.
You are a tool. Not a sharp one, either. Hopefully, you will one day find truth.
Or maybe you can leave your bubble and see how things actually are.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

BuriedTartaria wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:05 am Do their actions and alliances suggest political neutrality?
That’s a big fat “NO”!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:39 am Probably a good place for this. :)
Good MLK quote. The church could be such a conscience for government only if it wasn’t partnering with them.

The other day on the radio, I heard some nice things the church was doing… until the spokesperson kept bringing up the UN World Food Program & how much the church partnered with them. On the surface, the UN & all it’s utopian goals sound nice - but as we saw with WHO/UN draconian measures during the worldwide house arrests & illegally forced or coerced medical treatments, there are horribly harmful evils disguised as “wonderful global citizen” facades.

Maybe 1 of the worst evils is to use God in vain. Outwardly being open about evil is 1 level of evil. But outwardly pretending to be spokesmen of God will serving the adversary may top the cake of evil.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

speaking of vaccines, politics, and current policies:

conclusion: getting the Juice-jab makes you more compliant to the Global-homo agenda.

Noted.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

mudflap wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:11 pm speaking of vaccines, politics, and current policies:

conclusion: getting the Juice-jab makes you more compliant to the Global-homo agenda.

Noted.
EVERY DAY I am increasingly more grateful to have refused the clot-shot. I’m not sure why I decided years ago to never have a flu shot, and to never have any vaxx since 1994, but I will claim divine inspiration. There is not a single person in my real life who has refused all vaccines for many years. There are only a handful who refused the clot-shot.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

So is the new calling evil good and good evil?

Likewise politically neutral to appease the conservatives but politcally activist for both liberal and globalist causes? It affords them cover with these statements but Apostolic Actions speak louder than words.

No one has to come out and actively support an LGBTQ+ bill when they can just not say anything like the thousands of other church and non political groups did. What happened to being still while waiting to hear things?

There has to be a scripture or two on it somewhere. Oh well, if the church did it I am sure they are right to do it and it is what God wants.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Micah 3:1 And I said, Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob, and ye princes of the house of Israel; Is it not for you to know judgment?

2 Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;

3 Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.

4 Then shall they cry unto the Lord, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.

5 ¶ Thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.

6 Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.

7 Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.

8 ¶ But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

9 Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhor judgment, and pervert all equity.

10 They build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity.

11 The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money: yet will they lean upon the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord among us? none evil can come upon us.

12 Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:45 pm
mudflap wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:11 pm speaking of vaccines, politics, and current policies:

Noted.
EVERY DAY I am increasingly more grateful to have refused the clot-shot. I’m not sure why I decided years ago to never have a flu shot, and to never have any vaxx since 1994, but I will claim divine inspiration. There is not a single person in my real life who has refused all vaccines for many years. There are only a handful who refused the clot-shot.
well, it does say "level 34 illuminated" on your tag line, so....

:)

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I rememeber this info piv 2022 march. I teposted it to instapundit many times.

The mrna has a direct affect on personality decision etc.

Almost all the warmongers were waxed. Those who later went neutral or heard my warnings were unwaxed.

Noted.
Last edited by Ymarsakar on June 2nd, 2023, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:45 pm

Noted.
There are a lot of people who refused the gene therapy. In the UK there were around 100,000 doctors and nurses who refused the injection and were faced with dismissal until at the last minute they changed the decision because it would have had a devastating effect on the National Health Service.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

In
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:27 am . . . . . Because it was an insurrection. An attempted coup. These are objective facts of history that pretty much everyone around the world (outside of a few fringe right wing Americans) accepts.
With this statement, you evince zero objectivity. Anyone calling a demonstration, egged on by agent provocateurs, and enabled by the capitol police, etc., and one where nobody was armed, and the activities were rather random and disorganized, an insurrection or attempted coup, simply doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

larsenb wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:59 pm In
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:27 am . . . . . Because it was an insurrection. An attempted coup. These are objective facts of history that pretty much everyone around the world (outside of a few fringe right wing Americans) accepts.
With this statement, you evince zero objectivity. Anyone calling a demonstration, egged on by agent provocateurs, and enabled by the capitol police, etc., and one where nobody was armed, and the activities were rather random and disorganized, an insurrection or attempted coup, simply doesn't understand the meaning of those words.
I think he meant chicken coup. Darn iOS.

Here is an example of real coups
https://www.indiatimes.com/culture/who- ... 59717.html

Redefining coups for political purposes is like redefining a restoration as ongoing from one that was fully restored through a choice seer raised up for that very purpose.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

The goals of the group were to overturn the election results as tabulated by the voice of the people.

In the Book of Mormon, such people would have been called Kingmen. And we know what Moroni did to the Kingmen.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

I think Sub is on a rum-rage...he is having an especially difficult day discerning reality. His statements do indeed show zero objectivity and lack any sort of critical thinking analysis of the events.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:09 pm
The goals of the group were to overturn the election results as tabulated by the voice of the people.

In the Book of Mormon, such people would have been called Kingmen. And we know what Moroni did to the Kingmen.
That is not even close to what happened. You ought to try listening to others besides satan.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

You clearly do not understand the legal process in the US.

Each state sends a group of electors to Congress. That group of electors votes for President. When Congress convenes it has the power to settle any disputes of whether this group or that group of electors from a particular state is valid. Raising objections to a set of electors from a state is no "overturning an election", it is using the legal process to regulate whether the electors are valid.

SMH . . . man people really do not understand how this Country came to be. It started from local Conventions, using the Convention process with the most codified process being called "Robert's Rules of Order". Congress has it's own rules that are modified for their own purposes . . .but it looks a heck of a lot like RRoO. And RRoO spell out exactly what to do in the case of disputed delegates (or electors for Congress).

There was no "insurrection"....SMH.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

spiritMan wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:31 pm

Each state sends a group of electors to Congress. That group of electors votes for President. When Congress convenes it has the power to settle any disputes of whether this group or that group of electors from a particular state is valid. Raising objections to a set of electors from a state is no "overturning an election", it is using the legal process to regulate whether the electors are valid.

SMH . . . man people really do not understand how this Country came to be. It started from local Conventions, using the Convention process with the most codified process being called "Robert's Rules of Order". Congress has it's own rules that are modified for their own purposes . . .but it looks a heck of a lot like RRoO. And RRoO spell out exactly what to do in the case of disputed delegates (or electors for Congress).

You said it yourself about CONGRESSMEN coming forward to dispute the different groups of electors. That is entirely permissible, as is choosing to vote for someone that better reflects your values (there were seven faithless electors in the 2016 election, more of them against Hillary than against Trump.)

It's another thing altogether to interrupt the process altogether in the form of a violent mob to try to pressure them to overturn their own election. That is the insurrection part.

The voice of the people spoke for Biden in 2020. Time after time, there were attempts to resolve this through the legal manner, and the courts (many of them, by the way, appointed by Trump) concluded that the legal basis for overturning the results was not there. No evidence was submitted that convinced the court.

Did that satisfy the Trump followers? No. So what did they do? Like any five year old that is told "No, you can't buy that candy" from their mother, they had a hissy fit and decided to disrupt the proceedings in Congress. Much like Paanchi did not respect the voice of the people or of the legal process. Paanchi and his followers suffered more than jail time. They suffered death for treason.

Be thankful that the insurrectionists got off lightly in the United States. Had this been most other countries in the world, they go to jail for life or are even executed. Moroni would have executed the kingmen who wanted their guy who lost the election by a lot to continue in power.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:37 pm

You said it yourself about CONGRESSMEN coming forward to dispute the different groups of electors. That is entirely permissible, as is choosing to vote for someone that better reflects your values (there were seven faithless electors in the 2016 election, more of them against Hillary than against Trump.)

It's another thing altogether to interrupt the process altogether in the form of a violent mob to try to pressure them to overturn their own election. That is the insurrection part.

The voice of the people spoke for Biden in 2020. Time after time, there were attempts to resolve this through the legal manner, and the courts (many of them, by the way, appointed by Trump) concluded that the legal basis for overturning the results was not there. No evidence was submitted that convinced the court.

Did that satisfy the Trump followers? No. So what did they do? Like any five year old that is told "No, you can't buy that candy" from their mother, they had a hissy fit and decided to disrupt the proceedings in Congress. Much like Paanchi did not respect the voice of the people or of the legal process. Paanchi and his followers suffered more than jail time. They suffered death for treason.

Be thankful that the insurrectionists got off lightly in the United States. Had this been most other countries in the world, they go to jail for life or are even executed. Moroni would have executed the kingmen who wanted their guy who lost the election by a lot to continue in power.
hahahahah. What you wrote is delusional.

I guess you didn't notice that the guys who actually did the first wave of break-ins was BLM/Antifa. The US has 1st A rights which INCLUDES the right to protest. Until Antifa/BLM got involved it was a very peaceful protest.

The voice of the people did not speak for Biden-only a fool believes that at this point. More like a democrat machine with ballot harvesting, filling out ballots for people who didn't exist, etc.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:37 pm

I hope Trump wins in 2024 . . .just to shut people up like yourself.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

The Red Pill wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:19 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:10 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:09 am

What the Church is saying is that they are NOT going to touch on political matters except those that affect the Church directly.

A state declaring abortion as a constitutional right all the way up to birth does NOT affect the Church's mission.

A state declaring that a woman must abort children starting from the second birth WOULD affect the Church's mission.

A state declaring that same sex marriages must be legal and codified does NOT affect the Church's mission.

A state declaring that churches would be obligated to perform same-sex marriages WOULD affect the Church's mission.

This is a wise move.
Like Agenda 2030? Is that political? They certainly took a side on that. Did they not?

They claim neutrality, but they are incredibly biased.

They say one thing and do another, constantly. They are very entrenched within the politics of the state of Utah. They are just good at pretending that they aren't.

Reminds me of the behavior of Bill Clinton. He was a very skilled liar.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Subcomandante wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:27 am
The Red Pill wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:19 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:10 am

Like Agenda 2030? Is that political? They certainly took a side on that. Did they not?

Good points!

Let's not forget the summer of love where BLM and Antifa were killing, burning, looting and destroying everything in sight...and the church said NOTHING...

Yet, when the FED'S infiltrated and set up January 6th protestors...the church issued a ridiculous statement within days against the "insurrection".

They claim neutrality, but they are incredibly biased.

Always on the wrong side of the truth and history!
Because it was an insurrection. An attempted coup. These are objective facts of history that pretty much everyone around the world (outside of a few fringe right wing Americans) accepts.
LOLOL