New "Ministering" Example

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
p8riot
captain of 100

New "Ministering" Example

Post by p8riot »

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -in-brazil

"Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, accompanied by his wife, Lesa, ministered in Recife and São Paulo, Brazil, May 20–26."

Follow Elder Stevenson's example of "ministering"-

1. Make a bazillion dollars in stock options.
2. Do not sell it and give the funds to the poor and needy.
2. Travel the world meeting and sucking up to religious and government leaders and discussing how to help the poor and needy.
3. Do not actually visit and bless the poor and needy.
4. Have the PR department toot the horn about how you are "ministering."

ithink
captain of 1,000

Re: New "Ministering" Example

Post by ithink »

p8riot wrote: June 1st, 2023, 10:11 pm https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -in-brazil

"Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, accompanied by his wife, Lesa, ministered in Recife and São Paulo, Brazil, May 20–26."

2. Travel the world meeting and sucking up to religious and government leaders and discussing how to help the poor and needy.
Cult. Cult, and Cult.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

p8riot wrote: June 1st, 2023, 10:11 pm https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -in-brazil

He was ministering. He only had to hit his numbers at the end of the month which was 6 left on his list.

Per the article: Sheikh Mohamad Al Bukai, Director of Islamic Affairs of the National Union of Islamic Entities of Brazil (UNI), and Sheikh Jihad Hassan Hammadeh of the Abu Bakr Mosque, at the Mesquita Brasil in São Paulo, Brazil, on May 24, 2023

No poor were needed for the event. He got in a full day's ministering like the Apostles of old would have, rubbing shoulders at swanky Sanhedrin HQ.
Last edited by Good & Global on June 2nd, 2023, 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

An easier to understand word for minister. Help people. Also teach them to help themselves.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

An easier to understand word of modern ministering helping yourself feel like you are helping people

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

If that is what u want to focus ur eye on and the world u wish to create. So be it.
Good & Global wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:03 pm An easier to understand word of modern ministering helping yourself feel like you are helping people

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Good & Global wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:03 pm An easier to understand word of modern ministering helping yourself feel like you are helping people
I think that’s probably why most members worship the church over God/Truth/Righteousness. It benefits THEM to go along with a cult that rewards obedience (even if obeying evil) & punishes dissent (even if dissenting to prioritize God). Narcissists find ways to make it appear they are helping others when really they are doing it for their own benefit. Of course, we all - especially as children - have some degree of selfishness - & ideally work on it & other weaknesses continuously.

Recently, I came across an interesting interpretation of the greatest commandments. It may sound obvious when I put it into words but it spiritually made an impression on me, as a glimpse into what I want to grow into. When we feel really close & loved by God, we then feel almost 1 with God & others - so then we naturally love others as if we are loving ourselves because we see the connection.

On a related note, there is a somewhat verified assertion that conscious focus itself produces influence. Ie the double split experiment, but also it’s suggested just by looking at & appreciating beauty of plants, animals etc, they are enhanced by it & as if your awareness & appreciation of them makes them slightly more aware & appreciative of their own goodness. And how much more impactful that’d be with our brothers & sisters!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

And it also means the human qabal ultinatrly has power only bevause humans allow them power. Like a co dependent relationship.

Or stockholme abusive relationship. The victim has learned to love their captors even if it means kilking more victims.

Thinker wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:23 pm
I think that’s probably why most members worship the church over God/Truth/Righteousness. It benefits THEM to go along with a cult that rewards obedience (even if obeying evil) & punishes dissent (even if dissenting to prioritize God). Narcissists find ways to make it appear they are helping others when really they are doing it for their own benefit. Of course, we all - especially as children - have some degree of selfishness - & ideally work on it & other weaknesses continuously.

Recently, I came across an interesting interpretation of the greatest commandments. It may sound obvious when I put it into words but it spiritually made an impression on me, as a glimpse into what I want to grow into. When we feel really close & loved by God, we then feel almost 1 with God & others - so then we naturally love others as if we are loving ourselves because we see the connection.

On a related note, there is a somewhat verified assertion that conscious focus itself produces influence. Ie the double split experiment, but also it’s suggested just by looking at & appreciating beauty of plants, animals etc, they are enhanced by it & as if your awareness & appreciation of them makes them slightly more aware & appreciative of their own goodness. And how much more impactful that’d be with our brothers & sisters!

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Thinker wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:23 pm

This is true on interactions within our physical world and makes me think of how everything even the earth has a spirit.

It is hard to have a THEM group when you have the true love of Christ.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

That's ministering LIKE A BOSS!