Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Re: Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:59 pm Hey Iced, so what's your position on the mrna stuff and Ukraine?

What about Donald and Vladimir?
Why do you ask?

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:24 pm
Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:45 pm Ok sorry about confusing your gender, daughter. So... you are a daughter of something or other, and that makes you non mortal?

Interesting.

What are you talking about? You should be spreading the Name of God, right? WHy does it sound like it bothers you seeing/hearing it?

Oh Btw, I am a son of god, brother of Jeshua und Heyl-El +others.

Heavenly King? I think that one got dethroned back when the watchers were judged in Psalm 82 if I recall.

Heylel · shining one, morning star, Lucifer. of the king of Babylon and Satan (fig.) · (TWOT) 'Helel' describing the king of Babylon.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicon ... eylel.html

That's the problem here. Lucifer is not Jesus Christ's brother. He is a creation of Christ.
Colossians 1:
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And he is before ALL things, and by him ALL things consist.
That's it? What about the other stuff I mentioned?
Sorry, real life got in the way of my posting a lengthy response.

Ymarsakar: "Heavenly King? I think that one got dethroned back when the watchers were judged in Psalm 82 if I recall."

Psalm 82:
God standeth in the congregation of the Mighty; he judgeth among the gods."

"God," in this verse, according to blueletterbible, means the ĕlōhîm, who are the watchers, imo. They are being judged by the "Mighty," or "ēl," who is among other ĕlōhîm. There were good Watchers and bad Watchers. Not all of them lusted after the daughters of men, and fell. There were good Watchers too, like in Daniel 4:17 - This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Ymarsakar: "What don't you like about the Name of God, Yod Heh SHin Vau Heh?"

Tetragrammaton :The most powerful and personal Hebrew name of God. The Tetragrammaton is used in Magic as one of the ineffable names of power.

Tetragrammaton” means “four-letter name.” The Tetragrammaton consists of four Hebrew letters, YHVH (Yod, Heh, Vau, Heh). The exact pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton is not known;...

And Aleister Crowley was obcessed with this name, he wrote much about it in his book of Thoth.

It is like the pentagram. It was a good symbol representing God's Holy angels until Lucifer corrupted it by his fall, and inverting it, and putting it inside of a hexagram, the six pointed star, making the hendecagram, which represents the qlipoth, which is evil.

So what is it about the name of Jesus Christ that you don't like? And don't give me the typical answer that the Judacizers from Acts ch. 15 would give, that it really means "earth pig," or it really came from the Greek god, Zeus, or some other nonsense. That name has real power, that is why there is such a campaign against it, to drop it out of our vocabulary. The Jews are waiting for their holy serpent messiah to ascend from the abyss, which will be the biblical Antichrist. Visit Jerusalem right now, the typical Jew will spit on the ground whenever they hear the name "Jesus"-- it makes them spit like a viper, which is what John the Baptist called them, and Jesus Christ also called some of them the synagogue of satan, particularly the Pharisees, which is the beginnings of modern Rabbinical Judaism. But I don't hate them, instead, I pray for them to be saved, a repeat of this event from Acts 2:

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Last edited by Peeps on June 5th, 2023, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

CaptainM wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:07 pm
Chip wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:07 pm
Godislove wrote: June 1st, 2023, 7:40 pm Here's what the Book of Mormon actually really teaches about polygamy.

Jacob 2:30
"For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things"

https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... t-polygamy

Polygamy is not abominable nor is it adultery when authorized by God.

That that verse has to do with allowing polygamy was not an idea any of us would have come up with. It is a deliberate misinterpretation of scripture made by those who were trying to legitamize polygamy. Horrible abuse of the Book of Mormon there.

Read this so you may understand:

Wresting_Jacob2.rtf
Great resource Chip! Thank you! Do you know who the author is?

I wrote it a few years ago.

When I first wrote it, I gave a copy to the stake president's son-in-law, who never said anything in response, but in stake conference, the SP made some derisive comment about how some members will get wrong ideas about things and then write them down and spread them.

I've gotten THREE such unattributed mentions by SP's in stake conference over things I've written that irked them.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:57 pm
TheDuke wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:16 pm
Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:06 pm

I hope not, because the Bible makes it very clear, that those who wish to exalt themselves as Lucifer did, will be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. I choose to believe the Bible over Joseph's doctrines, especially the 1843-1844 ones after he became a master mason.
Bible also makes it clear that teachings hidden from the world would be made known in the last days for which prophets of all previous dispensations longed.

Better yet so does the HG and my Lord and my Father as they have spoken to me.
My Lord and my Father told me that Joseph Smith is a false prophet and that his book is nothing more than a work of fiction. Joseph Smith is an idol who has blinded everyone who chooses to follow him, and because of that the Latter Day Saints have been cursed with a strong delusion. You people claim to follow Jesus but all I hear about on this forum is Joseph, Brigham, RMN, or the one mighty and strong. Jesus always comes second, and as a result Mormonism across the board is in total chaos and confusion wondering which man to follow next. These are the real fruits of the religion that Joseph created. IDOLATRY!
Good to hear, I and my Lord will keep our distance from you and yours. Seems anyone that feels that negative about Joseph Smith is on a strange forum.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:59 pm Hey Iced, so what's your position on the mrna stuff and Ukraine?

Why do you ask?
I don't have a large enough sample to figure where you all are situated.

You have one data point, like what you were told about Joseph and BoM. With more data points, it provides a clearer picture of your god's communications.

"So what is it about the name of Jesus Christ that you don't like?"

I don't have any problem with my brother Jeshua. Why do you seem to have a problem with Yod heh shin vau heh? You don't like the name of a god because Aleister Crowley used it?

What kind of statement is that?

DIdn't any of these dead bible authors tell you not to dig up occult grimoires and practice magick? You dug deep there, neophyte ; ) And you are accusing other people of something here? Haha

How many hundreds of hours did you devote to Aleister Crowley and the magick here?

"I've gotten THREE such unattributed mentions by SP's in stake conference over things I've written that irked them."-Chip

send em some of my stuff if you want to see them explode in energy

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 11:47 pm

Why do you ask?

You have one data point, like what you were told about Joseph and BoM. With more data points, it provides a clearer picture of your god's communications.

I don't have any problem with my brother Jeshua. Why do you seem to have a problem with Yod heh shin vau heh? You don't like the name of a god because Aleister Crowley used it?

DIdn't any of these dead bible authors tell you not to dig up occult grimoires and practice magick? You dug deep there, neophyte ; ) And you are accusing other people of something here? Haha

How many hundreds of hours did you devote to Aleister Crowley and the magick here?

"I've gotten THREE such unattributed mentions by SP's in stake conference over things I've written that irked them."-Chip

The only data point that matters is that God told me Joseph Smith was a false prophet, and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

So what did your god tell you about the mrna in 2021, Donald, and Vladimir?
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:02 am

Why do you ask?

The only data point that matters is that God told me Joseph Smith was a false prophet, and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:08 am So what did your god tell you about the mrna in 2021, Donald, and Vladimir?

What does that have to do with what I was told about Joseph Smith?

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:09 am
Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:08 am So what did your god tell you about the mrna in 2021, Donald, and Vladimir?

A lot. If your god can't handle cross examination of testimonies and evidence, well that's fine.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:12 am

A lot. If your god can't handle cross examination of testimonies and evidence, well that's fine.
“A lot. If your god can't handle cross examination of testimonies and evidence, well that's fine.”

There’s nothing to cross examine. God, the Father of Jesus Christ told me that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention. Pretty simple and straightforward!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:18 am

“A lot. If your god can't handle cross examination of testimonies and evidence, well that's fine.”

There’s nothing to cross examine. God, the Father of Jesus Christ told me that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention. Pretty simple and straightforward!
But is it true? Only if you ask them about donald, Vladimir, and MRNA.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 3:55 am

“But is it true?”

Unfortunately it is!

Joseph Smith was a false prophet. The idolatry of Joseph Smith has blinded you to what the truth really is.

There’s no need to ask me about donald, Vladimir, or MRNA. If you repent of your idolatry God will tell you Himself that Joseph was a false prophet!

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:18 am God, the Father of Jesus Christ told me that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention. Pretty simple and straightforward!
No He didn’t.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Luke wrote: June 6th, 2023, 6:54 am
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:18 am God, the Father of Jesus Christ told me that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that the Book of Mormon was Joseph’s invention. Pretty simple and straightforward!
No He didn’t.
I’m sorry Luke, but God did indeed tell me that Joseph was a false prophet!

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 6:56 am
No He didn’t.
I believe the Book of Mormon is prophetic in its analysis of our conditions in our days. Joseph Smith seemed to mostly ignore it once it was published. Joseph Smith was given the gift to produce the Book of Mormon, but the evidence is pretty negative regarding the claim it is a translation of an ancient text. I believe people can draw closer to God if they heed its teachings. That said, I am inclined to reject the idea of exaltation and many of the other teachings of Joseph after the Book of Mormon. They mostly seem to be a rehash of ideas that were already being taught by others from Swedenborg in the late 1700s to the Romantic authors that flourished between 1800-1850. Mormonism’s actual glory years were 1950-1980, but the movement has no staying power beyond the billions of dollars it has accumulated in land and investments.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Joseph Smith's affair with Fanny Alger, recognized by the church in the series of historical white papers on sensitive historical topics, adds credence to the idea that Jospeh may not have been the prophet he claimed to be (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng). That's one possible motivation for the "Jospeh Never Practiced Polygamy" faction of the debate to tirelessly search for evidence to exonerate the prophet of any wrong doing. Joseph Smith brought together so many theologically brilliant ideas, settled so many theological debates of his day, and introduced so many novel religious ideas, we want him to be the prophet he claimed he was. Can a prophet be an adulterer and still be a prophet? Today probably not, but back in Joseph's day?

Regardless if you think polygamy is a God-ordained practice or an abomination, the doctrine itself wasn't made public, accepted by the church, or recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants until Brigham Young announced section 132 to the world in a special conference in August of 1852. Nearly twenty years after Fanny Alger. And eight years after the death of Joseph Smith.

Joseph Smith was caught by Emma committing adultery in the barn in 1835 in Kirtland which is why the introductory heading of the current section 132 of Doctrine and Covenants suggests that the revelation must have been received prior to that event, otherwise it would have been an act of adultery. The section 132 heading is conjecture. We don't have an accurate date for its receipt. Regardless, the practice of polygamy wasn't accepted by the church publicly until nearly two decades later. At the time of the Fanny Alger affair in Kirkland, Oliver Cowdery was excommunicated for suggesting that Jospeh Smith was an adulterer.

The "Joseph never practiced polygamy" apologists may be correct--Joseph Never participated in polygamy, but it appears he practiced adultery. Often. For Joseph, the practice was a personal fetish and his claims of the divine origin of polygamy became a religious rationalization for his private life. Brigham Young, on the other hand, institutionalized the practice. He brought it out into the open. Tired of living a secret life that no longer was secret, he made polygamy a thing for the whole world to see and for the church to adopt as divine.

If you can get away with institutionalizing a practice and make it a divinely ordained rite for passage into heaven, then for subsequent generations, it becomes a thing. Polygamy started as an excuse for a sexual indiscretion, but eventually turned into an institutionalized practice with all the rites and privileges associated with Christ-like living.

Is it possibly that Joseph took advantage of his position to satiate his desires--and, ounce exposed, he began exploring ways to rationalize his libido with revelatory excuses? Brigham Young appears to be more practical in his approach to adultery. Just make polygamy an accepted, divine, Christ-like thing and move on.

What a mess.
Last edited by Arm Chair Quarterback on June 6th, 2023, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Christianlee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:41 am
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 6:56 am

No He didn’t.
I believe the Book of Mormon is prophetic in its analysis of our conditions in our days. Joseph Smith seemed to mostly ignore it once it was published. Joseph Smith was given the gift to produce the Book of Mormon, but the evidence is pretty negative regarding the claim it is a translation of an ancient text. I believe people can draw closer to God if they heed its teachings. That said, I am inclined to reject the idea of exaltation and many of the other teachings of Joseph after the Book of Mormon. They mostly seem to be a rehash of ideas that were already being taught by others from Swedenborg in the late 1700s to the Romantic authors that flourished between 1800-1850. Mormonism’s actual glory years were 1950-1980, but the movement has no staying power beyond the billions of dollars it has accumulated in land and investments.
Though I stopped believing in the restoration a few years ago. I was always willing to find the silver lining when it came to Mormonism. Or at least try my best to make concessions where I could. But I can’t do that any longer.

The truth is, Joseph Smith brought on a very powerful curse to anyone who was willing to follow him. He was an agent of chaos, and as a result his followers remain in that chaotic state of confusion 200 years later. The BoM is part of that curse.

The only way to come out of that curse (strong delusion) is to repent of our idolatry. Once you do the veil will be lifted and you will find the truth. Chaos and idolatry are the real fruits of Joseph Smith!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I don't think my god agrees with your god. There are many gods after all. I test your god to see where they rank, that is all. Just like a court tests witnesses to see if they are credible. SHould we not test the gods?
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 6:52 am

“But is it true?”

Unfortunately it is!

Joseph Smith was a false prophet. The idolatry of Joseph Smith has blinded you to what the truth really is.

There’s no need to ask me about donald, Vladimir, or MRNA. If you repent of your idolatry God will tell you Himself that Joseph was a false prophet!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

You keep copy pasting the same thing to multiple threads. Are you an AI bot or something?
Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:57 am Joseph Smith's affair with Fanny Alger, recognized by the church in the series of historical white papers on sensitive historical topics, adds credence to the idea that Jospeh may not have been the prophet he claimed to be (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng). That's one possible motivation for the "Jospeh Never Practiced Polygamy" faction of the debate to tirelessly search for evidence to exonerate the prophet of any wrong doing. Joseph Smith brought together so many theologically brilliant ideas, settled so many theological debates of his day, and introduced so many novel religious ideas, we want him to be the prophet he claimed he was. Can a prophet be an adulterer and still be a prophet? Today probably not, but back in Joseph's day?

Regardless if you think polygamy is a God-ordained practice or an abomination, the doctrine itself wasn't made public, accepted by the church, or recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants until Brigham Young announced section 132 to the world in a special conference in August of 1852. Nearly twenty years after Fanny Alger. And eight years after the death of Joseph Smith.

Joseph Smith was caught by Emma committing adultery in the barn in 1835 in Kirtland which is why the introductory heading of the current section 132 of Doctrine and Covenants suggests that the revelation must have been received prior to that event, otherwise it would have been an act of adultery. The section 132 heading is conjecture. We don't have an accurate date for its receipt. Regardless, the practice of polygamy wasn't accepted by the church publicly until nearly two decades later. At the time of the Fanny Alger affair in Kirkland, Oliver Cowdery was excommunicated for suggesting that Jospeh Smith was an adulterer.

The "Joseph never practiced polygamy" apologists may be correct--Joseph Never participated in polygamy, but it appears he practiced adultery. Often. For Joseph, the practice was a personal fetish and his claims of the divine origin of polygamy became a religious rationalization for his private life. Brigham Young, on the other hand, institutionalized the practice. He brought it out into the open. Tired of living a secret life that no longer was secret, he made polygamy a thing for the whole world to see and for the church to adopt as divine.

If you can get away with institutionalizing a practice and make it a divinely ordained rite for passage into heaven, then for subsequent generations, it becomes a thing. Polygamy started as an excuse for a sexual indiscretion, but eventually turned into an institutionalized practice with all the rites and privileges associated with Christ-like living.

Is it possibly that Joseph took advantage of his position to satiate his desires--and, ounce exposed, he began exploring ways to rationalize his libido with revelatory excuses? Brigham Young appears to be more practical in his approach to adultery. Just make polygamy an accepted, divine, Christ-like thing and move on.

What a mess.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:50 am I don't think my god agrees with your god. There are many gods after all. I test your god to see where they rank, that is all. Just like a court tests witnesses to see if they are credible. SHould we not test the gods?

“But is it true?”

Unfortunately it is!

“SHould we not test the gods?”

You should repent of your idolatry of Joseph Smith first. Until you do that you’ll never be able to hear the voice God. Let alone test Him!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I get plenty of communication from my god. I don't have any worries about that.

First you should ask your god who is the stronger.

Me or them. Then we can see about the repentance ; )

Make sure to ask 3 times, or else it is not binding.

Is this thread not amusing? People wanted to know about exaltation, so now you Hear From the Daughter of the King in Heaven, a Son of God, and now also someone who hears God's Voice.

; ) It is great isn't it, Joseph and Brigham.
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:54 am
Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:50 am I don't think my god agrees with your god. There are many gods after all. I test your god to see where they rank, that is all. Just like a court tests witnesses to see if they are credible. SHould we not test the gods?

“But is it true?”

Unfortunately it is!

You should repent of your idolatry of Joseph Smith first. Until you do that you’ll never be able to hear the voice God. Let alone test Him!

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:06 am I get plenty of communication from my god. I don't have any worries about that.

First you should ask your god who is the stronger.

Me or them. Then we can see about the repentance ; )

Make sure to ask 3 times, or else it is not binding.

Is this thread not amusing? People wanted to know about exaltation, so now you Hear From the Daughter of the King in Heaven, a Son of God, and now also someone who hears God's Voice.

; ) It is great isn't it, Joseph and Brigham.
IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:54 am

“Joseph and Brigham”

False prophets!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

IcedKoffee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:23 am
Remember to ask your god 3 times! I await the responses here.

Q: Who is stronger, me or them/he/her

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

No He didn’t.
"A God" did.

people get the answer that they want to be true.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I respect freedom of religion. Yes, that includes nazis and satanists too.

I don't have to like it, but those are the rules. For now.

For people that might be wondering, no I am not making fun of them behind their backs or making snide comments in the dark. I just treat them equally along with other religions. Some I like, some I don't like so much in terms of their adherents. When the Catholics at John C Wright's blog started talking about how killing off the Cathars was justified because they were "worshipping demons" and hurting the church due to their doctrines of chastity... I just about went WMD on them.

These weren't Demoncrats. They were Deus Vult sorts, those that think they are fighting god's holy war against mormons and Chosen ; )