Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Peeps
captain of 1,000

Re: Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

Post by Peeps »

Jesus said this on the subject of exaltation:

Luke 14:
7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Jesus also said this about eternal marriage in Mark 12:

18 Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
20 Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21 And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
22 And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
23 In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

This was also recorded by Matthew in chapter 22:

23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
27 And last of all the woman died also.
28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together....

Revelation chapter 2; Letters to the Churches from Jesus Christ, the letter to Thyatira--
Imo, just replace "Jezebel" with "Joseph" in verse 20, and use male pronouns, and it fits:

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

We are supposed to become married to Christ in the eternities, not pair off with other mortals. That is the whole point of all the wedding supper parables, it is our wedding supper to God, Jesus Christ.

Jacob's marriage to Leah & Rachel were object lessons for all of us. Leah represents the Gentile church with her 7 children. She was the one Jacob didn't really want, but he fulfilled her marriage week anyway.

Rachel and her 2 sons represent the 2 tribes that remained faithful to the House of David when King Solomon died.

The modern Jews still reject Jesus Christ as their Messiah, but this will change during the tribulation, or the time of "Jacob's trouble" as recorded in Daniel. It is the main reason for the tribulation and the antichrist's persecution, to get them to say what is in Matthew 23:39, because when the antichrist strolls into their rebuilt temple claiming he is God, and demanding worship, many will realize he is the false messiah. The Jews finally saying this about Jesus Christ is what triggers the Second Coming.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

This idea of being married to God is consistent from the OT to the NT.

Isaiah 54:
5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
6 For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee

Jeremiah 3:
6 The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.

Ezekiel 16:8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

The Holocaust and the restoration of the nation of Israel was prophesied about in the Book of Hosea in chapter 2, with his harlot wife, Gomer (who represented Germany), and her children.

16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the Lord, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

...and there are many more OT examples...

New Testament examples:

Ephesians 5:
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Revelation 21:9 - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

2 Corinthians 11:2 - For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

John 3:29 - He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Revelation 21:9-11 - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Matthew 25:1-46 - Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

It is what Galations 3:28 means by, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

What that will look like exactly, remains a mystery, at least until we are resurrected.

1 John 2: 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Peeps wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:51 pm Jesus said this on the subject of exaltation:

Luke 14:
7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

18 Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
20 Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21 And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
23 In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together....

Revelation chapter 2; Letters to the Churches from Jesus Christ, the letter to Thyatira--
Imo, just replace "Jezebel" with "Joseph" in verse 20, and use male pronouns, and it fits:

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

We are supposed to become married to Christ in the eternities, not pair off with other mortals. That is the whole point of all the wedding supper parables, it is our wedding supper to God, Jesus Christ.

Jacob's marriage to Leah & Rachel were object lessons for all of us. Leah represents the Gentile church with her 7 children. She was the one Jacob didn't really want, but he fulfilled her marriage week anyway.

Rachel and her 2 sons represent the 2 tribes that remained faithful to the House of David when King Solomon died.

The modern Jews still reject Jesus Christ as their Messiah, but this will change during the tribulation, or the time of "Jacob's trouble" as recorded in Daniel. It is the main reason for the tribulation and the antichrist's persecution, to get them to say what is in Matthew 23:39, because when the antichrist strolls into their rebuilt temple claiming he is God, and demanding worship, many will realize he is the false messiah. The Jews finally saying this about Jesus Christ is what triggers the Second Coming.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Isaiah 54:
5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
6 For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee

Jeremiah 3:
6 The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.

Ezekiel 16:8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

The Holocaust and the restoration of the nation of Israel was prophesied about in the Book of Hosea in chapter 2, with his harlot wife, Gomer (who represented Germany), and her children.

16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the Lord, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

New Testament examples:

Ephesians 5:
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Revelation 21:9 - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

2 Corinthians 11:2 - For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

John 3:29 - He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Revelation 21:9-11 - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Matthew 25:1-46 - Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

It is what Galations 3:28 means by, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

What that will look like exactly, remains a mystery, at least until we are resurrected.

1 John 2: 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
truly scriptures mingled with the teaching of men............................................. wow. but ok from a TELESTIAL view! (I can accept the later).

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

Exhaltation or the becoming a God is a doctrine of Masonry, Rosicrucianism, and The Kabbalah, which is just the higher teaching of Judaism.

Is it a thing? Highly likely. Does it just pertain to Mormons? Highly unlikely.

but...is it what you want?

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

FrankOne wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:57 pm Is Exaltation Really A Thing?

Exhaltation or the becoming a God is a doctrine of Masonry, Rosicrucianism, and The Kabbalah, which is just the higher teaching of Judaism.

Is it a thing? Highly likely. Does it just pertain to Mormons? Highly unlikely.

but...is it what you want?
Is it what I want? NO.

In the second life I want to gain knowledge through learning. Explore the cosmos and study how it works.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

TheDuke wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:50 pm truly scriptures mingled with the teaching of men............................................. wow. but ok from a TELESTIAL view! (I can accept the later).
Exaltation is the same lie that Eve fell for in the Garden, she wanted to become like God by disbelieving God's instructions-- she wanted to 'climb up another way,' she was trying to exalt herself by listening to the serpent (the devil/Lucifer).

And we can know that the serpent was the devil going by Revelation 12:9, And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,

The original 'fall' happened in the preexsistence when we left our first estate. That how he deceived the "whole world." The "one like unto God" in Abraham ch. 3:24, was probably Lucifer, because he made this assertion in Isaiah ch. 14:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Which sounds a lot like this:
"I believe those Gods that God reveals as Gods to be sons of God, and all can cry, 'Abba, Father!' Sons of God who exalt themselves to be Gods, even from before the foundation of the world, and are the only Gods I have a reverence for." (Joseph Smith, TPJS 375,16 June 1844)

He was given 11 days to repent, for he was murdered on the 27th, but unfortunately he did not.
So I guess Joseph was a Luciferian, going by that quote.
Peeps wrote:You sound like would be loyal enough to cling to Joseph Smith's coat tails, even if doing so would drag you into the very depths of hell. Please reconsider, no one is worth spending an eternity in hell for. Joseph was a very charismatic person, and imo, a wizard too, much like John Dee, so much so, that he was not held accountable for anything he said, or did, by those early saints, and some modern ones too.

If this narcissistic quote from him does not bother you, well, I don't know what to say, except you are not the only one who is still under Joseph's spell.

"...God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil–all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days

page 409

of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him, but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet..."

https://carm.org/mormonism/joseph-smith ... -together/

Joseph delivered that sermon on May 26, 1844.

Then there is this a month prior to the above:
The King Follett discourse, or King Follett sermon, was an address delivered in Nauvoo, Illinois, by Joseph Smith, president and founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, on April 7, 1844, less than three months before he was killed by a mob.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Follett_discourse

Joseph pushed his blasphemy ever further with this:

"I believe those Gods that God reveals as Gods to be sons of God, and all can cry, 'Abba, Father!' Sons of God who exalt themselves to be Gods, even from before the foundation of the world, and are the only Gods I have a reverence for." (Joseph Smith, TPJS 375, 16 June 1844)

It seems he was given a space of 11 days to repent from that statement, but sadly, he chose not to.

Part of Anti-Mormon violence in the U.S. Carthage, Illinois, U.S. Joseph Smith, the founder and leader of the Latter Day Saint movement, and his brother, Hyrum Smith, were shot and killed by a mob in Carthage, Illinois, United States, on June 27, 1844, while awaiting trial in the town jail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Joseph_Smith

Joseph fulfilled this scripture, 2 Peter 2:1:

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
^^Joseph Smith was very guilty of bringing forth doctrines of men mingled with scripture, especially in the Nauvoo era.
Last edited by Peeps on June 4th, 2023, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

TheDuke wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 9:46 pm BTW I will add that I have a clear testimony of exaltation. There are a few very clear revelations that I have received by word from the Lord, versus general feelings and regular spiritual confirmation in my soul. that includes the Lord commanding me (well just flat telling me, didn't feel like a commandment) to take my wife and be sealed to her as a companion for eternity. He did this, as I have stated before, three times. I balked twice with excuses for my own personal reasons; then accepted his command/admonition/direction (not sure what word best fits). To complete the miracle and revelation, I had just told my wife that I intended to fulfill my covenants with my ex--wife (if and when she would ever return to our covenants) and she was, well lets say, less than happy with me. She had never believed in exaltation being still as much Catholic as Mormon and hating the idea of plural wives and such... Anyway she had just told me she wasn't ever going to be interested in being a "concubine", her term at the time. Yet immediately after the Lord told me to take her as my eternal partner, I called her at work and told her what the Lord told me and she said "yes" as the Lord told her to be sealed to me, while she brooded in her "agony" of my proclamation of remaining in my current and former covenants until released by the Lord.

In summary, I had direct communion with the Lord about exaltation and so did my wife; at the same exact time in two distant (well 12 miles) locations; and we both fell into eternal love; at the exact time that she was the most despondent she could be over my concern for my family and the mother of my own children. Of course she is sure my former spouse hates me and isn't and never will be a concern, and she may be correct, but to obtain exaltation, even with my current wife the Lord also clearly told me that I must live my covenants with my former as best as I can even as she despises me as the covenants I made are for eternity and only he can terminate them, and he hasn't to this point done that. So, I try to honor my covenants even in the face of severe agony, hoping at the very least that my children will eventually accept the option of remaining with me, even in the face of the failure of my partnership with their mother.

Complex way of describing the not so clean or happy but beautiful revelations and extra-personal confirmations that both exaltation is real and that despite the LDS leader's flaws the keys are valid for performing the exalting ordinances of being endowed with the powers of god and eternal or celestial marriage.
Duke the thing I like most about your words is you speak them from an objective view.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Peeps wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:17 pm
TheDuke wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:50 pm truly scriptures mingled with the teaching of men............................................. wow. but ok from a TELESTIAL view! (I can accept the later).
Exaltation is the same lie that Eve fell for in the Garden, she wanted to become like God by disbelieving God's instructions-- she wanted to 'climb up another way,' she was trying to exalt herself by listening to the serpent (the devil/Lucifer).

And we can know that the serpent was the devil going by Revelation 12:9, And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,

The original 'fall' happened in the preexsistence when we left our first estate. That how he deceived the "whole world." The "one like unto God" in Abraham ch. 3:24, was probably Lucifer, because he made this assertion in Isaiah ch. 14:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

"I believe those Gods that God reveals as Gods to be sons of God, and all can cry, 'Abba, Father!' Sons of God who exalt themselves to be Gods, even from before the foundation of the world, and are the only Gods I have a reverence for." (Joseph Smith, TPJS 375,16 June 1844)

He was given 11 days to repent, for he was murdered on the 27th, but unfortunately he did not.
Peeps wrote:You sound like would be loyal enough to cling to Joseph Smith's coat tails, even if doing so would drag you into the very depths of hell. Please reconsider, no one is worth spending an eternity in hell for. Joseph was a very charismatic person, and imo, a wizard too, much like John Dee, so much so, that he was not held accountable for anything he said, or did, by those early saints, and some modern ones too.

If this narcissistic quote from him does not bother you, well, I don't know what to say, except you are not the only one who is still under Joseph's spell.

"...God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil–all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days

page 409

of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him, but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet..."

The King Follett discourse, or King Follett sermon, was an address delivered in Nauvoo, Illinois, by Joseph Smith, president and founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, on April 7, 1844, less than three months before he was killed by a mob.

"I believe those Gods that God reveals as Gods to be sons of God, and all can cry, 'Abba, Father!' Sons of God who exalt themselves to be Gods, even from before the foundation of the world, and are the only Gods I have a reverence for." (Joseph Smith, TPJS 375, 16 June 1844)

It seems he was given a space of 11 days to repent from that statement, but sadly, he chose not to.

Part of Anti-Mormon violence in the U.S. Carthage, Illinois, U.S. Joseph Smith, the founder and leader of the Latter Day Saint movement, and his brother, Hyrum Smith, were shot and killed by a mob in Carthage, Illinois, United States, on June 27, 1844, while awaiting trial in the town jail.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
^^Joseph Smith was very guilty of bringing forth doctrines of men mingled with scripture, especially in the Nauvoo era.

“He was given 11 days to repent, for he was murdered on the 27th, but unfortunately he did not.
So I guess Joseph was a Luciferian, going by that quote.”

I believe you are correct!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I believe most of you are wrong, of course.

A common problem in dna degradation. Check ur family histories

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

One of the problems seen here is a unique type of graven image.

The words written by man depicting what is in heaven. Except it is worse when peoppe who lack seer and divine psi sense, appropriate these words to grant thenselves authority they do not have by themselves.

So they put words not only into the mouths of dead people but jeshua and god as well.

This can be noticed by these long streams of quotations. These people do not agree with peers but by that same graven image idol craft peeps had subordinated them to his will and opinion.

This is a big no no sin in idol craft. Aubordinating celestial entities using graven images idols and pentagrams.
Peeps wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:51 pm Jesus said this on the subject of exaltation:

Luke 14:

Isaiah 54:

Jeremiah 3:

New Testament examples:

Ephesians 5:

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Peeps wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:17 pm

page 409

Ok I guess even basic JS open teaching are mysteries to those to whom they are not applicable

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:08 am One of the problems seen here is a unique type of graven image.

The words written by man depicting what is in heaven. Except it is worse when peoppe who lack seer and divine psi sense, appropriate these words to grant thenselves authority they do not have by themselves.

So they put words not only into the mouths of dead people but jeshua and god as well.

This can be noticed by these long streams of quotations. These people do not agree with peers but by that same graven image idol craft peeps had subordinated them to his will and opinion.

This is a big no no sin in idol craft. Aubordinating celestial entities using graven images idols and pentagrams

Most of my "long stream quotations" were from the Bible, which IMO, is not a graven image, it is a book containing the words of God/Jesus Christ. I do not practice necromancy as you have attempted to do on other threads by your suggestions of invoking the dead, or by using the 'ineffable name' of God to part the veil to ask Joseph Smith a question, which is a big no no sin in idol craft, as it is an abomination to God.

I will leave no "long stream quotes" on the forbidden practice of necromancy from the Bible, not because they are non existent, but because they probably will not prick your conscience about doing it. But I will leave this one for you, and a link for others who are interested in what the Bible says about necromancy.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topicsNecromancy

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

That is why it is a graven images. It is literally graven as pixels and words on a screen, and it is not a fantastical story it is describing but supposedly the very words of the divine and the gods. WHich is of the heavens and celestial in nature.

Taking this craft and using the image to then bind the celestial to the Earth bound, is incredibly dangerous and not to be done even by experienced magi/magus.

People end up summoning demons and other spirits to dominate them. What goes around comes around. Godhead is too mighty to be bound by stone and words and images on a screen, but the mortal casting the spell is not that mighty.

" I do not practice necromancy as you have attempted to do on other threads by your suggestions of invoking the dead, or by using the 'ineffable name' of God to part the veil to ask Joseph Smith a question, which is a big no no sin in idol craft, as it is an abomination to God."

*chuckles* You are referring to the resurrection of the dead or the actual NDEvents that have happened? IT was Jeshua, God, that practiced this necromancy of yours, and it was the mortals who you look down onas the NDE people who resurrected their own bodies. Don't attribute their actions to me, mortal.

The sorcery/necromancy that you are doing... do you actually admit your ignorance to? Amazing but not unexpected. Children playing with matches I see.

Children shouldn't be playing with dangerous occult stuff, you know. It has already started. Most of the stuff you are trying to direct unto me, is in fact a very good mirror of your own actions and status. It goes beyond even that, while I wrote of graven images and idols, you advanced straight to necromancy and sorcery.

When peeps quotes dead people from the bible... none of you realize that this qualifies as necromancy? Okay, but everyone does it, right. Sure. But does everyone use these dead people as authorities and spells to bolster their human ego and stature?

Oh, now we are getting close to the origin of this problem.

Using spells to benefit yourself, isn't that what sorcerers do? Get an education, Peeps, if you want to play around with this stuff. It would be dangerous not to.

Hopefully others here will have their angels and conscience activated to protect them from dabbling in necromancy, summong the authority/power of dead people via their words to bind them to modern day causes and anachronistic theories/politics.

As for Divination, look up Psalm 19:01 Keep reading, don't stop there

Necromantics, look up Lazareth.

How dare you revive a human! That is forbidden by Torah!

Haha
Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:48 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:08 am One of the problems seen here is a unique type of graven image.

This is a big no no sin in idol craft. Aubordinating celestial entities using graven images idols and pentagrams

Most of my "long stream quotations" were from the Bible, which IMO, is not a graven image, it is a book containing the words of God/Jesus Christ. I do not practice necromancy as you have attempted to do on other threads by your suggestions of invoking the dead, or by using the 'ineffable name' of God to part the veil to ask Joseph Smith a question, which is a big no no sin in idol craft, as it is an abomination to God.

I will leave no "long stream quotes" on the forbidden practice of necromancy from the Bible, not because they are non existent, but because they probably will not prick your conscience about doing it. But I will leave this one for you, and a link for others who are interested in what the Bible says about necromancy.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topicsNecromancy

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

There is no such thing as spells or necromancy.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Durzan wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:03 pm There is no such thing as spells or necromancy.
haha.

Another interesting lds freedom forum schism perhaps. Just like Apollo landing.

1. No such thing happened

2. OF course it happened

Brigham Young
Joseph Smith

What an apocalypse.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

TheDuke wrote: Ok I guess even basic JS open teaching are mysteries to those to whom they are not applicable
I hope not, because the Bible makes it very clear, that those who wish to exalt themselves as Lucifer did, will be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. I choose to believe the Bible over Joseph's doctrines, especially the 1843-1844 ones after he became a master mason.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Ymarsakar wrote:...Don't attribute their actions to me, mortal....
What kind of statement is this? I guess "Ymarsakar" is really a demonic entity that has taken possesession of a mere, mortal human.

That is what happens when you play around with sorcery, and it explains why the things Jesus Christ has said gets under your skin so bad. I hope you get delivered from the legion of demons inside of you, in Jesus Christ's Holy name.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Are you mortal or not? Are you actually denying my statement as true? Amazing. What are you... demon or spirit or fallen angel? It's true statement, what else would it be.

Or AI CIA bot?

Haha.

I see your Deuteronomy and raise you a Leviticus.

The Law of Atonement
…7Then he shall take the two goats and present them before the LORD at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 8After Aaron casts lots for the two goats, one for the LORD and the other for the scapegoat, 9he shall present the goat chosen by lot for the LORD and sacrifice it as a sin offering.…
Now I went and looked up the word "casting lots or lots". What is this...

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/1486.htm

Goral, casting lots. Hrm... how does one "cast lots" exactly? Use straws? Throw stones down and see how they look on the ground?

That sounds like... that game people play, knucklebones. Dice, to choose by random.

Sounds kind of like a spell to me. A divination spell.

Now now, if I am not talking to a mortal then we have a more serious issue than Jeshua right now. Who are you?

Do you know who and what I am?

Come out, master of the human user behind that P account. I know you are annoyed at me for calling out your sorceries and idol craft, but come on, show yourself. What are you afraid of.

I'm not Jeshua, I am perfectly harmless to you as a human.

; )
Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:22 pm
Ymarsakar wrote:...Don't attribute their actions to me, mortal....
What kind of statement is this? I guess "Ymarsakar" is really a demonic entity that has taken possesession of a mere, mortal human.

That is what happens when you play around with sorcery, and it explains why the things Jesus Christ has said gets under your skin so bad. I hope you get delivered from the legion of demons inside of you, in Jesus Christ's Holy name.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:31 pm Are you mortal or not? Are you actually denying my statement as true? Amazing. What are you... demon or spirit or fallen angel? It's true statement, what else would it be.

Or AI CIA bot?

Haha.

The Law of Atonement
…7Then he shall take the two goats and present them before the LORD at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 8After Aaron casts lots for the two goats, one for the LORD and the other for the scapegoat, 9he shall present the goat chosen by lot for the LORD and sacrifice it as a sin offering.…

Goral, casting lots. Hrm... how does one "cast lots" exactly? Use straws? Throw stones down and see how they look on the ground?

That sounds like... that game people play, knucklebones. Dice, to choose by random.

Now now, if I am not talking to a mortal then we have a more serious issue than Jeshua right now. Who are you?

Come out, master of the human user behind that P account. I know you are annoyed at me for calling out your sorceries and idol craft, but come on, show yourself. What are you afraid of.

; )
I am the daughter of the Heavenly King, bought by the blood of Jesus Christ, so yes, you are perfectly harmless to me.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Ok sorry about confusing your gender, daughter. So... you are a daughter of something or other, and that makes you non mortal?

Interesting.

What don't you like about the Name of God, Yod Heh SHin Vau Heh? What are you talking about? You should be spreading the Name of God, right? WHy does it sound like it bothers you seeing/hearing it?

Oh Btw, I am a son of god, brother of Jeshua und Heyl-El +others.

Heavenly King? I think that one got dethroned back when the watchers were judged in Psalm 82 if I recall.

Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:43 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:31 pm Are you mortal or not? Are you actually denying my statement as true? Amazing. What are you... demon or spirit or fallen angel? It's true statement, what else would it be.

Or AI CIA bot?

Haha.

The Law of Atonement

; )
I am the daughter of the Heavenly King, bought by the blood of Jesus Christ, so yes, you are perfectly harmless to me.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:45 pm Ok sorry about confusing your gender, daughter. So... you are a daughter of something or other, and that makes you non mortal?

Interesting.

What don't you like about the Name of God, Yod Heh SHin Vau Heh? What are you talking about? You should be spreading the Name of God, right? WHy does it sound like it bothers you seeing/hearing it?

Heavenly King? I think that one got dethroned back when the watchers were judged in Psalm 82 if I recall.

Heylel · shining one, morning star, Lucifer. of the king of Babylon and Satan (fig.) · (TWOT) 'Helel' describing the king of Babylon.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicon ... eylel.html

That's the problem here. Lucifer is not Jesus Christ's brother. He is a creation of Christ.
Colossians 1:
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And he is before ALL things, and by him ALL things consist.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:45 pm Ok sorry about confusing your gender, daughter. So... you are a daughter of something or other, and that makes you non mortal?

Interesting.

Heylel · shining one, morning star, Lucifer. of the king of Babylon and Satan (fig.) · (TWOT) 'Helel' describing the king of Babylon.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicon ... eylel.html

That's the problem here. Lucifer is not Jesus Christ's brother. He is a creation of Christ.
Colossians 1:
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And he is before ALL things, and by him ALL things consist.
That's it? What about the other stuff I mentioned?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:06 pm
TheDuke wrote: Ok I guess even basic JS open teaching are mysteries to those to whom they are not applicable
I hope not, because the Bible makes it very clear, that those who wish to exalt themselves as Lucifer did, will be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. I choose to believe the Bible over Joseph's doctrines, especially the 1843-1844 ones after he became a master mason.
Bible also makes it clear that teachings hidden from the world would be made known in the last days for which prophets of all previous dispensations longed.

Better yet so does the HG and my Lord and my Father as they have spoken to me.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

TheDuke wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:16 pm
Peeps wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:06 pm
Bible also makes it clear that teachings hidden from the world would be made known in the last days for which prophets of all previous dispensations longed.

Better yet so does the HG and my Lord and my Father as they have spoken to me.
My Lord and my Father told me that Joseph Smith is a false prophet and that his book is nothing more than a work of fiction. Joseph Smith is an idol who has blinded everyone who chooses to follow him, and because of that the Latter Day Saints have been cursed with a strong delusion. You people claim to follow Jesus but all I hear about on this forum is Joseph, Brigham, RMN, or the one mighty and strong. Jesus always comes second, and as a result Mormonism across the board is in total chaos and confusion wondering which man to follow next. These are the real fruits of the religion that Joseph created. IDOLATRY!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Hey Iced, so what's your position on the mrna stuff and Ukraine?

What about Donald and Vladimir?

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

Chip wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:07 pm
Godislove wrote: June 1st, 2023, 7:40 pm Here's what the Book of Mormon actually really teaches about polygamy.

Jacob 2:30
"For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things"

https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... t-polygamy

Polygamy is not abominable nor is it adultery when authorized by God.

That that verse has to do with allowing polygamy was not an idea any of us would have come up with. It is a deliberate misinterpretation of scripture made by those who were trying to legitamize polygamy. Horrible abuse of the Book of Mormon there.

Read this so you may understand:

Wresting_Jacob2.rtf
Great resource Chip! Thank you! Do you know who the author is?