Debt Ceiling - a POSSIBLE outcome

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Debt Ceiling - a POSSIBLE outcome

Post by Original_Intent »

Not gonna weigh in on whether this is a good idea or not, but I think it IS a good idea to be aware of ideas being considered.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: Debt Ceiling - a POSSIBLE outcome

Post by Christianlee »

The way our politicians are the debt ceiling is a futile law anyway. We need a balanced budget amendment.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Christianlee wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:43 pm The way our politicians are the debt ceiling is a futile law anyway. We need a balanced budget amendment.
A balanced Budget AND a way to pay down the current debt.
No way that ever happens, politicians are too addicted to free money and the goodies they can pass out to buy votes. And I suppose We The People are too addicted (as a whole) to those goodies.
Things keep going until they don't.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

No need to pay off the qabal debt. Just go bakruptm it was never our debt just their banksters. Secde. Go bankrupt. Remake the laws. Simple. Donbass did it vs nazis.

All of this is tied to ukraine. The qabal needs ukraine. And they need wars to make money or else they cannot pay the debt interest.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

When the country spends money on any kind of war, a requirement should be to raise taxes to pay for it. I think we would find out the country does not have an appetite for unnecessary wars.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Here's the thing. The value of our currency mostly comes from the fact that our government requires taxes to be paid in it. The federal debt doesn't matter as much as we think it does... at least, not in the conventional sense of how families have to make ends meed or risk bankruptcy. Nation finances and personal finances are two completely different ballgames and the principles of one certainly don't translate very well to the other.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Durzan wrote: May 27th, 2023, 3:42 pm Here's the thing. The value of our currency mostly comes from the fact that our government requires taxes to be paid in it. The federal debt doesn't matter as much as we think it does... at least, not in the conventional sense of how families have to make ends meed or risk bankruptcy. Nation finances and personal finances are two completely different ballgames and the principles of one certainly don't translate very well to the other.
Not as different as you would think. We can only print to the extent that someone will lend.
If we "lend to ourselves" this will work for a while but ends in catastrophe.
Printing without actual production (not simply a service economy, but real agriculture and manufacture and refining) can continue only so long. this is not speculation, it is history.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Any option besides fiscal responsibility is just kicking the can down the road. It is possible to balance the budget and pay off the debt.

But, if not, then the sh!t may as well hit the fan now as later. There is no time like the present to let government know that they are guilty of treason and we will push for the death penalty.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

It would be good if they could acknowledge gold and silver as money and quit collecting capital gains taxes on threm.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I always wonder about our priorities with the budget. And wonder if we have forfeited God’s blessings by accepting the unacceptable. The military-industrial complex, the education-industrial complex, the medical-industrial complex all facilitated by runaway government spending. Politicians don’t have any incentive to stop the spending which they use to buy votes. And seniors my age unwilling to give up their Social Security cost of living increases don’t help. We’re all to blame.

https://youtu.be/TmfeNq5x5aQ

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Government only has 2 tasks. National defense and protect our rights. Anytime they attempt a third thing, they are operating unconstitutionally and deserve the death penalty. There should be no national department of education. There should be zero social programs. There should be no entitlements. There should be no government grants or loans. Anytime a grant or loan is suggested, it should be mandatory to reduce taxes by 50% each time. There should be no salary for public service. If you need the money, you have no business serving.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I've seen this song and dance sooooooooo many times. It's actually boring. The debt ceiling will be raised. Both sides play chicken, depending on who is in control of congress at the time ... but they always fold and they will fold this time as well. No one wants to be holding the hot potato when the timer runs out.

What amazes me is that 99% of people in this country will be RELIEVED when the debt ceiling is raised at the very last minute ... and they'll go back to Netflix and Amazon without worrying a moment about the financial cliff we're teetering on.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

The NY Post is claiming McCarthy and Biden have brokered a deal, but doesn’t give any details. My guess is the spending cuts are minimal at best.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fred wrote: May 27th, 2023, 4:53 pm Any option besides fiscal responsibility is just kicking the can down the road. It is possible to balance the budget and pay off the debt.

But, if not, then the sh!t may as well hit the fan now as later. There is no time like the present to let government know that they are guilty of treason and we will push for the death penalty.
The Davidic Servant used Stellarium software to see him potentially standing the end of July 2023. Exciting Events in August are shaping up towards bringing the Purple Circle plan to fruition. Next week I’ll visit my 2448 type address that I acquired with obvious eclipse connotations. 2025 is the soonest ASHH may end, so can(s) will soon cease to be kickable, except by said servant in cooperation with The Spirit.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Christianlee wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:43 pmThe way our politicians are the debt ceiling is a futile law anyway. We need a balanced budget amendment.
A balanced budget amendment won't solve anything. It would just be yet another thing they ignore in the Constitution.

Supposedly defense spending accounts for 12 percent of all federal spending. Almost everything else the federal government does is unconstitutional. They could cut 90% of the total federal budget and the country would be just fine. The various states can handle themselves just fine. But we all know they won't cut spending in any meaningful way. Also, the government is just a reflection of how evil and immoral the majority of the people are.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

LDS Physician wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:51 pm I've seen this song and dance sooooooooo many times. It's actually boring. The debt ceiling will be raised. Both sides play chicken, depending on who is in control of congress at the time ... but they always fold and they will fold this time as well. No one wants to be holding the hot potato when the timer runs out.

What amazes me is that 99% of people in this country will be RELIEVED when the debt ceiling is raised at the very last minute ... and they'll go back to Netflix and Amazon without worrying a moment about the financial cliff we're teetering on.
Absolutely the truth!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

When it was my job to maintain the computers in Apache County, Arizona, it included public libraries, schools, even Navajo schools on the reservation, health departments, sheriffs office, jail, and of course all of the departments within the county building. So I got to know those machines pretty well. Hardware failures were rare. 99% of problems came from dim wit secretaries installing games to keep them occupied between dictating letters. Short skirts and boobs a plenty, but not too many brains. I didn't apply for the job. But I was damn good. Word got out that the guy starving to death knew more about computers than anyone in the county. So they offered me the job of being in charge of it. I would report to just one person. Things went along pretty well for a year or so. Then, one night there was a discussion in the bar about cutting government expenses. County commissioners were in getting drunk and the place was lively. Having had more to drink than I should have, I said that if you lined all of the county employees up on the sidewalk and gave them each a number zero or one and then flipped a coin to decide which group to fire, and did so, there would be no disruption of service. Totally true, of course. Many did not share my enthusiasm for the plan. Although saving 50% in under a minute, with no loss of service, seemed pretty good to me.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

The threat of imminent default is a smokescreen and a lie...as the freedom caucus explained, they are taking in record revenue right now. Just trying to scare people.

Biden is a liar
McCarthy is a liar
Most everyone in Washington is a liar

What McCarthy is proposing is a BAD DEAL for Americans.

Some facts the public needs to know:
Screenshot_20230531_071321_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20230531_071321_Brave.jpg (290.48 KiB) Viewed 119 times

IsaiahVision
captain of 100

Post by IsaiahVision »

Christianlee wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:43 pm The way our politicians are the debt ceiling is a futile law anyway. We need a balanced budget amendment.

I believe:
There is no debt ceiling; its a joke. TPTB control both parties (Ezra's Eagle prophecy); not sure there are any state/national elections that haven't been rigged for a long time. A Balanced Budget Amendment will never happen, though I have prayed for it since the Contract with America. Once you understand 'They' want an economic collapse to start the Great Reset and CBD currency (code word for Mark of the Beast), everything will start to make sense. Control the food, cause war, cause collapse, then the people will do anything you want.

Isaiah 30:12-13
12 Therefore, thus says the Holy One of Israel: Because you have rejected this word, and rely on manipulation and double dealing, and on them are dependent,
13 this iniquity will be to you as a perilous breach exposed in a high wall which suddenly and unexpectedly collapses.

Isaiah 19:9-10
9 Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed.
10 The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress.

Isaiah 5:8-9
8 Woe to those who join house to house and link field to field till no place is left, and you are restricted to dwell in the centers of the land! (Agenda 2030?)
9 Jehovah of Hosts spoke this in my hearing: Surely many buildings shall lie desolate, large and fine houses unoccupied.

Isaiah 3:1
Even now, the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, deprives Judea and Jerusalem of both staff and crutch—all food supply and water supply,

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

A possible outcome is they pass it and they continue to make inflation long and painful until humanity is crushed by no seen opponent and begs to have a world agency step in. I cheated a little on the first part by looking at the news but the last is still yet to be.