Hell on Earth Are we the third part that fell?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Re: Hell on Earth Are we the third part that fell?

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I feel like I again need to reiterate that I have a great life. I don't think this is hell because I'm depressed or suffering right now.

I think it might be hell because I have seen evil here and even if all of us on the board have fairly nice first world lives, really crazy horrible things happen in this planet.

I don't think this because of news stories, but because I know first hand people who have suffered abuse I can hardly fathom.

I think it might be true because of what I read in the scriptures about Christ descending below all things. Where did he go to be crucified? This earth.

I think it because I have always remembered something better. This world is small compare to what I remember. This world is darker. The flesh that coves our bodies does appear as clay to me. We are missing the light that should shine from our very countenances and bodies.

The sky is too close. The beauty muted.

I remember better.

That doesn't mean I don't have joy, especially in my family. Or that I don't enjoy the beauty of the mountains and lakes.

I am one of the few people I know that experiences very little pain in childbirth. I look forward to the birth of my children. I dream about it longingly ahead of time.

I just remember better.

I don't think this is just a test. This is a rescue mission.

I think this might be hell because even when God came in the flesh and spoke plainly, He is still misunderstood. That is some serious darkness.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 8:10 pm
I don't think this is just a test. This is a rescue mission.

^ this is where I am at as well.

In my view, Christ is the very literal Savior. The Deliverer from our poor choice to be separate from God.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

markharr wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:02 pm No, its not hell.

There can't be hell until there is judgement day

There can't be judgement day until there is a trial.

What kind of a trial would it be if it was all sunshine and roses?
An SEC settlement trial

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

I agree we have forgotten a lot but I do not believe we are in hell although it does seem like it sometimes.
The Millenium has not happened. The short season Lucifer is released has not happened yet either.

You may be feeling the change the world is undergoing as we prepare for these events.

I base the above on the following postulates from scripture:

The Millenium would have been peace for 1000 years - Rev 20:1-3 (haven't had that during past centuries)

There will be changes in animal kingdom representative of the millenial reign - Isaiah 11:6-9 (not happened yet)

Satan loosed after millenium - Revelations 20:7

Resurrection occurs before hell - Revelations 20 (we've not been resurrected as our bodies die not die no more)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Every time I get thoughts along these lines, I remember the beauty, happiness and kindness which also exist in this world. None of these would exist in Hell. This world with its problems is more like Purgatory (to the RCs and Eastern Orthodox) or Spirit Prison, but it is not full blown Hell.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 5:04 pm
FrankOne wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:51 pm One thing is for sure on this topic, the population here is a mix from the worst to the best. I call it kindergarten to PHD.

The bell curve appears to be maybe at 7th grade or so. I'm not sure if this really is a "remedial" school as Ymarsaker stated above, but being more of simple education. To get what we want in order to learn it isn't what we want. It definitely isn't a "punishment" out of condemnation but simply the answer to our choice.

If you feel that you flat out don't belong here because it appears that you live in a hostile , neanderthal world, filled with concepts of selfish nonsense then , you most definitely won't be going to another place like this after this life.

believe it or not, most people belong in this type of world and will continue in this type of educational format for a very long time. These types like to argue, compete, "win" , capitalize on others, drive a hard bargain, be stingy and selfish, be better than others in their own minds, etc etc. They LIKE it because it is who they are. (for now).
This analogy makes me think of how people with an IQ of 80 pass 12th grade today. Back in 1940 you had to have an IQ over 110 to pass 12th and over 122+ to graduate college. It use to mean something.

I feel some are awakening to this awful state and it is easier to separate the wheat from the tares.
Intelligence is not virtue, or related to it. At least in many cases. It is also not something most folk choose.

There are highly intelligent people who are slobs, and less intelligent people who work hard. This is without going into dyslexia and other issues which can make life difficult. My mother used to teach dyslexic children, and some of them had a heck of a struggle to get anywhere. She said they often just needed more time spent on them than they were getting.

If someone who is less intelligent does work at their studies, then that should be recognised and rewarded. That is a slightly different issue to their abilities in problem solving and recall.

For example, I know someone in our ward who has what are euphemistically called "learning difficulties", and works as a cleaner at a local college. She is a hard worker, and always polite and good natured. I would sooner employ her in such a role than some smart Alec in a desk job who sits around trying to come up with new ways to do less work for more pay. Or an academic who tries to twist the minds of their students into extreme left ideologies while teaching them nothing of practical use. She is a better person than those folk whatever her psychological shortcomings.

I like this line from Harvey as delivered by Jimmy Stewart:
Attachments
quote-you-must-be-oh-so-smart-or-oh-so-pleasant-for-years-i-was-smart-i-recommend-pleasant-james-stewart-145-80-36.jpg
quote-you-must-be-oh-so-smart-or-oh-so-pleasant-for-years-i-was-smart-i-recommend-pleasant-james-stewart-145-80-36.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:00 am
FrankOne wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:51 pm One thing is for sure on this topic, the population here is a mix from the worst to the best. I call it kindergarten to PHD.

The bell curve appears to be maybe at 7th grade or so. I'm not sure if this really is a "remedial" school as Ymarsaker stated above, but being more of simple education. To get what we want in order to learn it isn't what we want. It definitely isn't a "punishment" out of condemnation but simply the answer to our choice.

If you feel that you flat out don't belong here because it appears that you live in a hostile , neanderthal world, filled with concepts of selfish nonsense then , you most definitely won't be going to another place like this after this life.

believe it or not, most people belong in this type of world and will continue in this type of educational format for a very long time. These types like to argue, compete, "win" , capitalize on others, drive a hard bargain, be stingy and selfish, be better than others in their own minds, etc etc. They LIKE it because it is who they are. (for now).
This analogy makes me think of how people with an IQ of 80 pass 12th grade today. Back in 1940 you had to have an IQ over 110 to pass 12th and over 122+ to graduate college. It use to mean something.

I feel some are awakening to this awful state and it is easier to separate the wheat from the tares.
Intelligence is not virtue, or related to it. At least in many cases. It is also not something most folk choose.

There are highly intelligent people who are slobs, and less intelligent people who work hard. This is without going into dyslexia and other issues which can make life difficult. My mother used to teach dyslexic children, and some of them had a heck of a struggle to get anywhere. She said they often just needed more time spent on them than they were getting.

If someone who is less intelligent does work at their studies, then that should be recognised and rewarded. That is a slightly different issue to their abilities in problem solving and recall.

For example, I know someone in our ward who has what are euphemistically called "learning difficulties", and works as a cleaner at a local college. She is a hard worker, and always polite and good natured. I would sooner employ her in such a role than some smart Alec in a desk job who sits around trying to come up with new ways to do less work for more pay. Or an academic who tries to twist the minds of their students into extreme left ideologies while teaching them nothing of practical use. She is a better person than those folk whatever her psychological shortcomings.

Abraham 3
19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am more intelligent than they all.

Those who are given more, should do more.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:50 am Every time I get thoughts along these lines, I remember the beauty, happiness and kindness which also exist in this world. None of these would exist in Hell. This world with its problems is more like Purgatory (to the RCs and Eastern Orthodox) or Spirit Prison, but it is not full blown Hell.
"The best lie is wrapped around a core of truth."
Michael Scott (Magician)

Anybody see "The Good Place?"

I don't have a TV, but a friend told me I should watch it. She warned me about some of the content, but still insisted that I, of all people she knew, should watch it and tell her what I thought.

When we moved we stayed in a Airbnb for a few months and I had a new baby to nurse, so I put it on. It was terribly excellent. And I do mean terrible, but still excellent.

I really appreciated the exploration of the many religious world views as a sitcom. The accessibility for those who would never sit down and study the many religions of the world with their truths and flaws. I would hope it led people to look outside the TV and maybe read a few religious texts themselves in the real world.

But a strong warning, like a distopian novel, it has some raw parts meant to explore the edges of the topic.

Spoilers ahead
Spoiler
I knew pretty early on that "heaven" was actually hell. I wonder how many people were actually surprised by the reveal?

Before I watched the show, I had already begun to wondered if earth is hell and if we/I were actually part of the third fallen, but that show certainly didn't do anything to dissuade me that it might be true.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I completely agree except with this addition:

I've never observed a person of low intelligence that had a high degree of self awareness.

but, in agreement with what you've said, In the book Bell Curve, (which is an excellent reference, btw) , there is much detail on the attributes of both low IQ and high IQ. It's interesting that when IQ exceeded 140, the tendency to be a poor parent increased. Detachment in personal relationships. Compassion decreased dramatically at the even higher IQ's. Mental disorders as well. but then again, genius level is at times accompanied by crazy.

the quote of Jimmy Stewart is true, but pretending to be pleasant is like scratching fingernails on a chalkboard. I need to retract a bit on the foregoing. Thinking this through, I believe I am misinterpreting his intended meaning.
Perhaps:--- Being smart is the guy that makes "intelligent" comments in public because he likes to prove his intelligence. Being pleasant is to get past the pride and instead "love people" instead of compete with people. huh. that brought on a good feeling. i like it. Sometimes I wonder why I post on this site. I think I just learned again... the 'why'.

this brings on the memory of a saying that I found on a wall at my friends house many years ago:

”We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” (Will Rogers)

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Well, we fell, but it was because Adam and Eve fell and apparently they brought the whole world down with them. So I wouldn’t say this is Hell per se, although some hellish things happen here, for sure! But it is a fallen world. Farther away from God’s light than a terrestrial world would be, but not totally without God’s light. As it says in the D&C, Christ’s light is in all things and through all things. It is the light of the sun and the light of the moon. It is even inside you. If we were truly in Hell, wouldn’t there be a complete absence of God’s light and love?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Yet "the glory of god is intelligence"

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Wolfwoman wrote: May 26th, 2023, 8:10 am Well, we fell, but it was because Adam and Eve fell and apparently they brought the whole world down with them. I can only guess that Adam and Eve were more righteous than I am considering their roles. And since we aren't punished for others sins, specifically Adam's have been mentioned in the Article of Faith, I would guess he and Eve weren't the ones to "bring me down."So I wouldn’t say this is Hell per se, although some hellish things happen here, for sure! But it is a fallen world. Farther away from God’s light than a terrestrial world would be, but not totally without God’s light. (What is lower than terrestrial world in LDS theology? I have always understood it to be hell. ) As it says in the D&C, Christ’s light is in all things and through all things.I guess that means its even in hell. It is the light of the sun and the light of the moon. It is even inside you. If we were truly in Hell, wouldn’t there be a complete absence of God’s light and love? I don't think that follows. Christ descended below all things. Earth is where He did that We are the darkness that didn't comprehend the light. We are eternally cast off, but for His Redemption and Ressurrection. If there is intelligence in hell, than there there is something of light there as well. As for the absence of love, that would be in hell as well, from God to His creations, no matter how sinful. God forbid any of my children were to engage in acts so sinful I couldn't name them, I would still love them and mourn who they could have been.
I hope you take this in the spirit intended. My goal is not it to argue. I would love to be wrong about this. I am just trying to understand the true plan and right now, this looks like hell to me.

Maybe the disconnect comes from the fact that it is not the version of hell sold by legend with pits of fire brimstone everywhere and constant wailing. But I also imagine heaven is more than clouds and winged beings with harps. ;)

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:25 pm Its been in the back of my mind for sometime that maybe, just maybe, this is really hell and we chose wrong and that is why we are here.

Maybe the reason why this life is the time to prepare to meet God is because we already made mistakes and this is our last chance to get back on track.

A chance to see what a world without God is like, so that we will choose Him.

This is not a place of order. Rewards for the wicked, the righteousness punished for their righteousness.

Why a veil of forgetfulness?

Why would Christ come to this world? Who else would kill their God?

The fact that even innocent children are abused here in earth in horrendous ways.

The fact that choosing God can and does provide material benefits (the signs that follow the believers are found throughout the scriptures.)

I'm not sure if all of the implications, but it sure seems more likely everyday.
This is certainly an ordeal, and at times an excruciating one. I don't think it's hell, per se. We're the ones that can make it hell and lately the world has been going to hell. If you ever have the experience of casting out devils you will know that there are entities more evil than any human, at least that I've ever met.

I think the reason we have a veil, ordinal time, and extreme cognitive limitations (we can only think one thought at a time and we aren't very bright, at all, even the brightest of us) is educational in purpose. It's so that we can learn what we really value and can develop faith.

If we remembered heaven and Heavenly Father would we be very inclined to sin? From what I've heard, no one would. So each individual wouldn't really learn what they really intrinsically value because our internal motivations would be overwhelmed by our external motivation to reach heaven. So, functionally speaking, we wouldn't have agency.

Thus, we wouldn't learn anything about good and evil and we would learn nothing about the individual good and evil we carry inside ourselves. So we would never be able to improve because we wouldn't know what to improve.

We also wouldn't learn the ability of faith, which is the ability to use our imaginations, any prior knowledge we have, and courage to guess about things, test our guesses, and thus build understanding and obtain blessings.

Without the veil we would be completely stuck, I think. But because of this we have agency and that's when the poison party starts and hell on earth emerges. Therefore, we must have a Savior or we would never escape hell.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 10:39 am
Wolfwoman wrote: May 26th, 2023, 8:10 am Well, we fell, but it was because Adam and Eve fell and apparently they brought the whole world down with them. I can only guess that Adam and Eve were more righteous than I am considering their roles. And since we aren't punished for others sins, specifically Adam's have been mentioned in the Article of Faith, I would guess he and Eve weren't the ones to "bring me down."So I wouldn’t say this is Hell per se, although some hellish things happen here, for sure! But it is a fallen world. Farther away from God’s light than a terrestrial world would be, but not totally without God’s light. (What is lower than terrestrial world in LDS theology? I have always understood it to be hell. ) As it says in the D&C, Christ’s light is in all things and through all things.I guess that means its even in hell. It is the light of the sun and the light of the moon. It is even inside you. If we were truly in Hell, wouldn’t there be a complete absence of God’s light and love? I don't think that follows. Christ descended below all things. Earth is where He did that We are the darkness that didn't comprehend the light. We are eternally cast off, but for His Redemption and Ressurrection. If there is intelligence in hell, than there there is something of light there as well. As for the absence of love, that would be in hell as well, from God to His creations, no matter how sinful. God forbid any of my children were to engage in acts so sinful I couldn't name them, I would still love them and mourn who they could have been.
I hope you take this in the spirit intended. My goal is not it to argue. I would love to be wrong about this. I am just trying to understand the true plan and right now, this looks like hell to me.

Maybe the disconnect comes from the fact that it is not the version of hell sold by legend with pits of fire brimstone everywhere and constant wailing. But I also imagine heaven is more than clouds and winged beings with harps. ;)
I have no issues with you about this. 🙂 I think it’s interesting to think about and discuss.

In LDS theology, at least what we know of and have been taught from D&C 76, is that the Celestial kingdom is the ‘highest’, the Terrestrial kingdom is in the middle, the Telestial Kingdom is the lowest heaven or lowest kingdom of God, and outer darkness would not be a kingdom of God, but where sons of perdition go. So I guess outer darkness would be “Hell” in LDS theology. I don’t even know if we have a good definition of Hell in the church. The Book of Mormon says liars are thrust down to Hell, and there are certainly liars here. 🙂 They used to teach in the temple (I think it has been taken out now), that this earth is a Telestial world. So if we consider Telestial to be “Hell”, then yes, this earth is Hell. And some who are here don’t deserve Hell, but come here on a rescue mission to try to save some of us.

I think Joseph Smith described Hell as being the feeling of regret in our minds after this life is over, that we didn’t do as great as we would have liked to have done, and therefore didn’t reach our full potential.

I think the garden of Eden was a Terrestrial world, until the fall happened, and then it became Telestial. But maybe it was Celestial and fell all the way to Telestial. I get confused on this point, so if anyone wants to chime in on it, feel free.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

D&C 88 discusses other kingdoms of "no glory" that are not outer darkness. It doesn't even say they are hell. 76 says those that don't make telestial get "hell" there are maybe 20 verses describing it. but in 88 it just says those who don't merit glory get a kingdom of no glory and go back home.

How to reconcile the differences? Seems 76 is talking of literal children of god, those prepared before the world with enough knowledge to become SoP and 88 is talking about the broader context of participants in this life. And in KFD Joseph clearly says if you don't have (haven't had in MMP) a body, you cannot be a SoP!

Brighidara
captain of 50

Post by Brighidara »

thebeastofeden wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:12 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:25 pm Its been in the back of my mind for sometime that maybe, just maybe, this is really hell and we chose wrong and that is why we are here.

Maybe the reason why this life is the time to prepare to meet God is because we already made mistakes and this is our last chance to get back on track.

A chance to see what a world without God is like, so that we will choose Him.

This is not a place of order. Rewards for the wicked, the righteousness punished for their righteousness.

Why a veil of forgetfulness?

Why would Christ come to this world? Who else would kill their God?

The fact that even innocent children are abused here in earth in horrendous ways.

The fact that choosing God can and does provide material benefits (the signs that follow the believers are found throughout the scriptures.)

I'm not sure if all of the implications, but it sure seems more likely everyday.
I don't agree. I've had better economic growth and my family seems to be thriving. Kids are doing well in school and we've been more active in our community. I have better relationships with friend, family, and neighbors. Food storage is built up, our savings have grown, and I have a nice stockpile of disaster relief equipment for my family and neighbors. Our finances, health, and general well-being has never been better and I live in the heart of Davis County Utah.
"Today the beautiful word Zion, with all its emotional and historical associations, is used as the name Christian was formerly used, to put the stamp of sanctity on whatever men chose to do. The Hebrew word for financial activity of any kind is mamonut, and the financier is a mamonai; that is, financing is, quite frankly, in that honest language, the business of Mammon. From the very first. there were Latter-day Saints who thought to promote the cause of Zion by using the methods of Babylon. Indeed, once the Saints were told to make friends with the Mammon* of unrighteousness (D&C 82:22), but that was only to save their lives in an emergency. We have the word of the Prophet Joseph that Zion is not to be built up by using the methods of Babylon. He says: "Here are those who begin to spread out buying up all the land they are able to do, to the exclusion of the poorer ones who are not so much blessed with this worlds goods, thinking to ley foundations for themselves only, looking to their own individual familys and those who are to follow them. … Now I want to tell you that Zion cannot be built up in eny such way [sic]." 28 What do we find today? Zion's Investment, Zion Used Cars, Zion Construction, Zion Development, Zion Bank, Zion Leasing, Zion Insurance, Zion Securities, Zion Trust, and so on. The institutions of Mammon are made respectable by the beautiful name of Zion.
*Mammon: "wealth regarded as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion. It was taken by medieval writers as the name of the devil of covetousness, and revived in this sense by Milton: "others have forsaken Mammon in search of something on a more spiritual plane” (Hugh Nibley, Approaching Zion).

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

It is not necessary to get the details right. For example swimming. Someone can give u a nice intellectual speech on how to swim but eventually to acquire the skill you need to oractice and simulate.

viewtopic.php?t=70873

Has my view of the 3 kingdoms.
Wolfwoman wrote: May 26th, 2023, 1:17 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 10:39 am

I have no issues with you about this. 🙂 I think it’s interesting to think about and discuss.

In LDS theology, at least what we know of and have been taught from D&C 76, is that the Celestial kingdom is the ‘highest’, the Terrestrial kingdom is in the middle, the Telestial Kingdom is the lowest heaven or lowest kingdom of God, and outer darkness would not be a kingdom of God, but where sons of perdition go. So I guess outer darkness would be “Hell” in LDS theology. I don’t even know if we have a good definition of Hell in the church. The Book of Mormon says liars are thrust down to Hell, and there are certainly liars here. 🙂 They used to teach in the temple (I think it has been taken out now), that this earth is a Telestial world. So if we consider Telestial to be “Hell”, then yes, this earth is Hell. And some who are here don’t deserve Hell, but come here on a rescue mission to try to save some of us.

I think Joseph Smith described Hell as being the feeling of regret in our minds after this life is over, that we didn’t do as great as we would have liked to have done, and therefore didn’t reach our full potential.

I think the garden of Eden was a Terrestrial world, until the fall happened, and then it became Telestial. But maybe it was Celestial and fell all the way to Telestial. I get confused on this point, so if anyone wants to chime in on it, feel free.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

FrankOne wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 10:03 am I completely agree except with this addition:

I've never observed a person of low intelligence that had a high degree of self awareness.
I've met people of low intelligence who had a developed moral compass. Small children and even pets do not have high intelligence but they can often sense things which are beyond their understanding. I find they can pick up on tension between people or sadness even when it is not expressed.
but, in agreement with what you've said, In the book Bell Curve, (which is an excellent reference, btw) , there is much detail on the attributes of both low IQ and high IQ. It's interesting that when IQ exceeded 140, the tendency to be a poor parent increased. Detachment in personal relationships. Compassion decreased dramatically at the even higher IQ's. Mental disorders as well. but then again, genius level is at times accompanied by crazy.
I think some highly intelligent children are socially awkward (often but not necessarily autistic), which leads them to become misanthropic adults. The World Economic Forum seems to be led by these types, and Harari, Gates and Musk are three main examples.

In my experience mental illness happens at all levels of intelligence, although one end veers towards savants and autists, and the other to a form of intellectual disability.

The midwit often has a tendency to follow whatever is the fashion. The highly intelligent see beyond it and the less intelligent can sense something is wrong. Very few people lead an easy life. A few exist.
the quote of Jimmy Stewart is true, but pretending to be pleasant is like scratching fingernails on a chalkboard. I need to retract a bit on the foregoing. Thinking this through, I believe I am misinterpreting his intended meaning.
Perhaps:--- Being smart is the guy that makes "intelligent" comments in public because he likes to prove his intelligence. Being pleasant is to get past the pride and instead "love people" instead of compete with people. huh. that brought on a good feeling. i like it. Sometimes I wonder why I post on this site. I think I just learned again... the 'why'.

this brings on the memory of a saying that I found on a wall at my friends house many years ago:

”We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” (Will Rogers)
Pretending to be pleasant is as bad as being unpleasant sometimes. The British and Japanese are skilled at it. It ends up as flattery.

But I think some people are also impatient and cruel and that is no virtue.

There is nothing wrong with being intelligent or educated (in the proper sense) but there is a lot wrong with being arrogant and sociopathic.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

harakim wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:33 pm A lot of life is what you focus on. If you focus on the bad, it will seem like hell. If you focus on the good, the things going on in reality right around you, it's usually pretty good!

One of the reasons we are here is to learn confidence in ourselves and what we are really made of. You can do more than you think. And that requires there to be bad things, and frankly, bad things to focus on. Focus on the good.
So true!
“There must needs be opposition in all things.”
I believe there is potential to interact with both good & evil people & spirits, depending on our desires and which we attend to most.

This life is a test! How do we respond to questions & challenges? https://youtu.be/0KpNcIbN9Rs

edavid
captain of 50

Post by edavid »

markharr wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:02 pm No, its not hell.

There can't be hell until there is judgement day

There can't be judgement day until there is a trial.

What kind of a trial would it be if it was all sunshine and roses?
Judgement day is every day. It is in the last judgement, wherein the "last" time we judge ourselves and others, that our "last judgement" is made perfect, and we enter into the kingdom of God within us, heaven on earth if you will. This is hell, inasmuch as we create it. The trial is here and now, for today is the day of our salvation.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:39 am Anybody see "The Good Place?"
Yes. I watched all but the last season because I thought it was going to continue going in circles with no real end (though each season was interesting). The woman living out in limbo had a disgusting personality and they never should have made her so gross, but most of the series was interesting. Sometimes the show seems like a mass of confusion (the heaven people seem pretty stupid).
Anyway, my sister told me I ought to watch the last season also, so I did. I think it's a fairly good show considering all the junk out there, with the huge exception of that pervert living in limbo.

I think we are living in hell and don't know it. Telestial kingdom. As the stars differ in glory, so do the people differ in glory (intelligence). A reading of D&C 76 convinces me that we are in hell (telestial kingdom "these are they who are thrust down to hell"). Some are here on rescue missions (such as Jesus and true prophets), some are here because they deserve it from a past life (see the list of who deserves to be here/there), and maybe some are here because they're starting out and need a place to learn some basics (?).

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Does feeding wolves in sheep's clothing count? Asking for 15 friends.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:51 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:39 am Anybody see "The Good Place?"
Yes. I watched all but the last season because I thought it was going to continue going in circles with no real end (though each season was interesting). The woman living out in limbo had a disgusting personality and they never should have made her so gross, but most of the series was interesting. Sometimes the show seems like a mass of confusion (the heaven people seem pretty stupid).
Anyway, my sister told me I ought to watch the last season also, so I did. I think it's a fairly good show considering all the junk out there, with the huge exception of that pervert living in limbo.

I think we are living in hell and don't know it. Telestial kingdom. As the stars differ in glory, so do the people differ in glory (intelligence). A reading of D&C 76 convinces me that we are in hell (telestial kingdom "these are they who are thrust down to hell"). Some are here on rescue missions (such as Jesus and true prophets), some are here because they deserve it from a past life (see the list of who deserves to be here/there), and maybe some are here because they're starting out and need a place to learn some basics (?).
I just skipped the parts with the limbo lady. That part was stupid. I know she was suppose to represent the question "What about those who are "evil" but do a random act of goodness?" but her role was repetitive and pointless beyond that short basic point.

I did think the judge was annoying as well.

But since it was a panorama of the world religions, I think she represented the weak selfish god(s). Like the Greek pantheon of gods. Lots of power, but not inherently good. (Kind of like how atheists argue they think God must be like if he exists, because they don't see the bigger picture and ascribe to God the sins of man.)

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Imagine what would happen to these shows if they put ymarsakar in as a character.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:40 pm . . . her role was repetitive and pointless beyond that short basic point.
It was. I was like, "Why does she need to be in more than one segment - or in any?"

I did think the judge was annoying as well.
She drove me crazy. Inconsistency, stupidity, etc. don't work well in a judicial role.

But since it was a panorama of the world religions, I think she represented the weak selfish god(s). Like the Greek pantheon of gods. Lots of power, but not inherently good. (Kind of like how atheists argue they think God must be like if he exists, because they don't see the bigger picture and ascribe to God the sins of man.)
This makes a lot of sense. They weren't coming from a place of the writers knowing the real God nor anything about what heaven is really like.

I liked the ending.

It also cracked me up that they couldn't swear. 😂