A Second Rejection of Jesus?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

A Second Rejection of Jesus?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Second Rejection of Jesus?

Post by Luke »

“. . . the Gentiles will be as much mistaken in regard to his second advent as the Jews were in relation to the first.“ (Brigham Young, 8 July 1860, JD 8:115)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Luke wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:23 pm “. . . the Gentiles will be as much mistaken in regard to his second advent as the Jews were in relation to the first.“ (Brigham Young, 8 July 1860, JD 8:115)
Interesting quote.
Do you know if this is co-oberated with anything Joseph or Hyrum said on the subject?

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Brigham's quote seems in opposition to the scriptures which describe him coming in glory in the clouds and being seen by all the world... the wicked hiding their faces, etc.

He makes it seem as though he will come sneaking in the back door.

Just doesn't seem to jive with the numerous scriptures we have been given.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

blitzinstripes wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:40 am Brigham's quote seems in opposition to the scriptures which describe him coming in glory in the clouds and being seen by all the world... the wicked hiding their faces, etc.

Bet that if it was someone else besides Brigham that had said it, you wouldn’t have had the BY derangement syndrome-driven knee-jerk reaction you just did.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Robin Hood wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 12:44 am
Luke wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:23 pm “. . . the Gentiles will be as much mistaken in regard to his second advent as the Jews were in relation to the first.“ (Brigham Young, 8 July 1860, JD 8:115)
Interesting quote.
Do you know if this is co-oberated with anything Joseph or Hyrum said on the subject?
Not sure

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

It looks like there will be several major attempts to fake a second coming. Some of these have happened already via various cults and gurus. So by that time many will be impatient and those who do not believe in the supernatural will be sceptical.

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

No one will miss the final second coming where Christ will come in glory and power. However many will miss everything else that will happen and ascribe it to various other things.
However, I don't think it is a very big accomplishment to say that the LDS people won't miss the second coming.

Christ is going to come back in glory and power and the very heavens will change at his coming.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

blitzinstripes wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:40 am Brigham's quote seems in opposition to the scriptures which describe him coming in glory in the clouds and being seen by all the world... the wicked hiding their faces, etc.

Can both sources be right, depending on the perspective?

He comes in glory!

Will the earth be burned prior to his coming and only a small remnant remains?

To 90 plus % of the inhabitants he comes without their knowledge, they are dead……

Out of the small remnant, isn’t a good size portion afraid of the inhabitants of New Jerusalem?

So what will they think of his second coming?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:26 am To 90 plus % of the inhabitants he comes without their knowledge
The gentiles won't even be here at the Second Coming. Their time will have passed and they will be long since dead and in the spirit world, save for the righteous remnant that remains to be grafted into the House of Israel. I wonder how applicable the Second Coming is to the dead in the spirit world.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

blitzinstripes wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:40 am Brigham's quote seems in opposition to the scriptures
Most of BY's quotes are in opposition to the scriptures. He seems quite unfamiliar with them.

I think many conflate his appearances before the Second Coming with the Second Coming. Some scriptures refer to final coming and some to his coming to New Jerusalem and Adam Ondi Aman, but most just lump them together.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The coming of glory and fire is at the end of the millennium. Christ comes suddenly at the beginning of the millennium. The missionary work to the entire world will happen during the millennium.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:36 am
Bronco73idi wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:26 am To 90 plus % of the inhabitants he comes without their knowledge
The gentiles won't even be here at the Second Coming. Their time will have passed and they will be long since dead and in the spirit world, save for the righteous remnant that remains to be grafted into the House of Israel. I wonder how applicable the Second Coming is to the dead in the spirit world.
The house of Ephraim is considered Gentile to the house of Judah…….

We judge so harshly about lack of knowledge, why?

Are we knowledgeable enough to justify the judgement we deliver?

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

This was my first thought as well.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Luke wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:52 am

Bet that if it was someone else besides Brigham that had said it, you wouldn’t have had the BY derangement syndrome-driven knee-jerk reaction you just did.
The same thought formed in my mind before I even got to Brigham's name.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

The question here is whether BY was very self aware here, or unwittingly prophetic about himself.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Robin Hood wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 12:44 am
Interesting quote.
I think the patterns and prophecies in the scriptures affirm that it is correct.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:50 am The coming of glory and fire is at the end of the millennium.
I like this thought. Do you have any scriptures that have made you think this or is it just something you speculate on?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Shawn Henry wrote: May 25th, 2023, 1:45 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:50 am The coming of glory and fire is at the end of the millennium.
I like this thought. Do you have any scriptures that have made you think this or is it just something you speculate on?

Well, we know that the Earth will receive it's celestial glory at the very end when Christ comes "in glory".

But we also know that Christ will personally reign in peace as King of Kings for a thousand years. At the end of that thousand years, satan will be loosed for one last time. The final battle will be the battle of Gog and Magog.

According to LDS doctrine, Christ makes 3 appearances prior to his "coming in Glory" for the last and final time.

1. To the Jews during the pinnacle of the battle of Armageddon.
2. To the faithful at Adam Ondi Ahman.
3. To the faithful in the City of New Jerusalem.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... g?lang=eng

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

But this "new davidic servant messiah" or Kalki Avatar, does seem to be hidden. This is new to me. Never heard of such theories before.

If they are so powerful, why the need to hide?

Oh right, don't f around with the dark stat,e they will kill you like they did JFK. People seem to be having troubles reconciling their super hero fantasies with reality here.

This is also why I don't 100% trust "scriptures". Anyone could have tampered with them by now, unless I get it directly or know who handled it like the Book of Mormon.

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:12 pm

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 25th, 2023, 4:11 pm But this "new davidic servant messiah" or Kalki Avatar, does seem to be hidden. This is new to me. Never heard of such theories before.

Oh right, don't f around with the dark stat,e they will kill you like they did JFK. People seem to be having troubles reconciling their super hero fantasies with reality here.

This is also why I don't 100% trust "scriptures". Anyone could have tampered with them by now, unless I get it directly or know who handled it like the Book of Mormon.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 25th, 2023, 4:11 pm But this "new davidic servant messiah" or Kalki Avatar, does seem to be hidden. This is new to me. Never heard of such theories before.

I don't understand.

I just meant I thought that His coming wouldn't be in secret because the scriptures seem to indicate it will be known to all.

I was trying to indicate that my reaction was not because of who said (BY) but because of what was said.

Hope that help. :)

I also don't trust the scriptures, except as confirmed by the Holy Spirit, because of the tampering.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Second Rejection

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:26 am

Can both sources be right, depending on the perspective?

He comes in glory!

Will the earth be burned prior to his coming and only a small remnant remains?

To 90 plus % of the inhabitants he comes without their knowledge, they are dead……

Out of the small remnant, isn’t a good size portion afraid of the inhabitants of New Jerusalem?

So what will they think of his second coming?
Only Micheal Sherwin knows. :lol:
Spoiler
Words in OD are only findable when searched from within OD.
a further fulfillment
of prophecy about a marred appearance.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

as to ... "Kalki Avatar" ... being noted:

Kalki in Hinduism, he who sits on the white horse-
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalki>
"... Popular images of the Avatar depict him riding a white horse with wings known as Devadatta (God-given). In these images, Kalki is brandishing a sword in his right hand and is intent on eradicating the corrupt destitution and debauchery of kalyug. On his return, it is prophecied that he will vanquish the demon Kali, reconcile opposites, and renew the process of the Dharma (Paths of Virtue) and Creation, thus establishing the rebirth of righteousness and virtue. ..."

I would assume "kalyug" is reference to the age of Kali Yuga of which we are in, at the close of, aka the Age of Death or Destruction. The next phase (in the Hindu prophecies) is identical to what the Christians view as the Millennium.

Compare with Rev. 12:6-7 & 19:9-19 "Faithful & True", the One who sits on the white horse leads the armies of heaven, also known as the WORD of God.

Many think this is Jesus. Weeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll, sorta kinda. In actuality, it is Michael, the 7th angel (angel of completeness). See D&C (RLDS-CoC 85:35b-f/ LDS 88:110-116). Many do not know it, but Michael is also associated or referred to as the WORD, as well as SON. And Deus Angelorum which means "God of the Angels". While Christianity infers that prayers are relayed by Jesus, the Jewish texts refer to this as Michael's duty as intercessor.

He or She who starts a thing, must be He or She who ends a thing. Thus being the First & the Last. In other words, Adam-ondi-Ahman. Meaning the father Adam is the Son Ahman.

Another item you may not be aware of, is that in Revelation 10, it is referencing Michael, the 7th angel aka the Lord of the vineyard addressing the servant of the vineyard that time is no more. John the Baptist (aka Elijah) is told once again that he must prophesy before nations. Refer to LDS D&C 77:14Q&A. But there is also something noted here in Rev. 10:7 that "the mystery of God should be finished". The meaning of "mich" or "miche" is to do in "secret or mystery". And most of see Jesus as the "Light of God". In the understanding of the Kaballah as to Gematria, words that have the same numerical value in Hebrew can be interchanged. I do not have my notes handy, but the numerical value for the Hebrew words for Light & Mystery are the same, therefore they can be interchanged. Once again pointing to Jesus, the Light of God is the same as Michael, the Mystery of God. Just from different perspectives, angles, or levels.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

I might add that this age of death (Kali Yuga) for mankind is what is being referenced in the NT Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement." It is not a reference to just one life per person.