Poll: Second Biggest Protestant Country?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

The USA has the most Protestants of any country, but what is number 2? (No cheating!)

Brazil
5%
Germany
26%
India
16%
Nigeria
53%

Total votes: 19
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Poll: Second Biggest Protestant Country?

Post by Niemand »

Interesting poll question here. Which do you think it is? No cheating. I'll give the answer later and some other info, after this gets a few responses.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Poll: Second Biggest Protestant Country?

Post by Subcomandante »

Niemand wrote: May 20th, 2023, 5:40 pm Interesting poll question here. Which do you think it is? No cheating. I'll give the answer later and some other info, after this gets a few responses.
I would guess Brazil. It is majority non-Catholic Christian now these days.

India might be a surprise, though AFAIK less than 5 percent profess Christianity of any stripe.

Nigeria could be a surprise there too.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Generally protestants oppose royalty so I am going with Nigeria with their prince.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The answer is
Spoiler
Nigeria

Most of the Protestants in Nigeria are Anglicans/Episcopalians although other denominations are around. There are also a considerable number of RCs in Nigeria, as well as an aggressive Muslim faction in the north. Many Nigerians, whether Christian or Muslim have a very pagan tinge to their beliefs.
20230521_090607.jpg
20230521_090607.jpg (91.65 KiB) Viewed 47 times
Europe, North America and Australasia have seen a heavy decline in Protestants and Christianity in general.

Brazil has seen a considerable upsurge in Pentecostalism (which is Protestant), the LDS ans Spiritualism, but the majority of the population has an RC family background.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Yes! Nigerian Prince for the win!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Good & Global wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:03 pm Yes! Nigerian Prince for the win!
I see the votes for it went up after I posted the answer. 🙄😂

This should be a reminder to people that the west and the Third World are not all they seem. The west has been dropping Christianity as fast as it can for the sex and money cult, while its population declines. Africa has a high birth and conversion rate.

Nigeria comes high up in the list of English speaking countries, as does India, higher than Australia, Canada, and the UK. (The USA isn't even top either.) The catch is that the English is often a second language for people there and tends to be spoken in a broken way.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 2:59 am
This should be a reminder to people that the west and the Third World are not all they seem. The west has been dropping Christianity as fast as it can for the sex and money cult, while its population declines. Africa has a high birth and conversion rate.
I see it as a type of fulfillment of our Lord's words:
"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many are called, but few chosen."