How do you reconcile refusal to acknowledge some mortals are called to give a message with idolizing Isaiah?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

How do you reconcile refusal to acknowledge some mortals are called to give a message with idolizing Isaiah?

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I'm half-kidding ;) :evil:

Here's Christ telling people to study the words of a man who was given information from Him (Christ) to provide to people.
wrote: And now, behold, I say unto you, that ye ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah.
Christ commanding people to diligently study the words of a man to receive a greater understanding of the past, present and future of our earth. Wow.

This command occurs not long before Christ noted that another mortal had a message from Him that was intended to be given to others and it needed to be included in scripture.
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on May 15th, 2023, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How do you reconcile refusal to acknowledge some mortals are called to give a message while idolizing Isaiah?

Post by TheDuke »

god has never written a single word himself (perhaps the 10 commandments in stone?) that we have ever seen. How can you not trust in man to know god's will?

Of course verify by the spirit. Then again how often does the spirit truly testify of scriptural words? I'm not sure about everyone else but during my perhaps serious 50 years of reading, he has often but not nearly most of the time. Usually, I just study, and occasionally he testifies of something, perhaps the term is "rarely". but that doesn't mean that "normally" the prophets written scriptures were wrong.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: How do you reconcile refusal to acknowledge some mortals are called to give a message with idolizing Isaiah?

Post by Being There »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 15th, 2023, 10:32 pm Image

I'm half-kidding ;) :evil:

Here's Christ telling people to study the words of a man who was given information from Him (Christ) to provide to people.
wrote: And now, behold, I say unto you, that ye ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah.
Christ commanding people to diligently study the words of a man to receive a greater understanding of the past, present and future of our earth. Wow.

This command occurs not long before Christ noted that another mortal had a message from Him that was intended to be given to others and it needed to be included in scripture.
I think what you may be missing in your evaluation here,
when you say "words of a man", is that - they may not be the "words of a man",
but Christ speaking through Isaiah - (the Holy Ghost) when he wrote them.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: How do you reconcile refusal to acknowledge some mortals are called to give a message with idolizing Isaiah?

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Being There wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:45 pm
So Christ gives His words through mortal vessels at least sometimes? That would mean the general public is expected to accept mortal men as messengers from God.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The problem is that the current leaders eschew Isaiah and Jeremiah, while setting themselves up as greater authorities. The absurdity is really exponentialized when they parrot phrases like "safe and effective".

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 7:32 am
Being There wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:45 pm
So Christ gives His words through mortal vessels at least sometimes? That would mean the general public is expected to accept mortal men as messengers from God.
Yes - but more like - all the time - to answer you question. *

so essentially what you are saying is that -
you don't believe in prophets ?
Am I understanding you correctly ?

*you see, the Lord wants ALL of us - to have His spirit in us - the Holy Ghost -
to receive His words and be led by Him always and in all we do.
And yes these "mortal men" can prophesy.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

he's saying prophets are men.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Being There wrote: May 16th, 2023, 10:02 am

*you see, the Lord wants ALL of us - to have His spirit in us - the Holy Ghost -
No, I DO believe in prophets. I see a growing attitude here of people believing there will be no prophet figures henceforth and we NEED no prophet figures. I completely disagree and think that is bad doctrine and false doctrine.

I understand not believing anyone known to the public currently as a prophet. I understand deceptive people have used prophet claims to cause harm but to outright reject the notion and model of the Lord using prophets and servants to teach man, it’s a complete rejection of the historical scripture narrative as we have it in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon and I’ve found a common thread of people with this view placing Isaiah’s words on (words from Christ given to a mortal man to teach others) on a pedestal as they scoff at the idea of ever following a man to get closer to Christ.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:26 pm No, I DO believe in prophets. I see a growing attitude here of people believing there will be no prophet figures henceforth and we NEED no prophet figures. I completely disagree and think that is bad doctrine and false doctrine.
Completely false doctrine, for sure. Surprising that so many can be that unfamiliar with the scriptures. One only has to read Revelation one time to see that there will be two great prophets during the tribulation.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

If the prophets want to be useful to Earth, they will need to put their backs into crushing the secret combinations and openly so.

Constantly waiting on some external savior is why people became disillusioned with the Q predictions.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:54 pm If the prophets want to be useful to Earth, they will need to put their backs into crushing the secret combinations and openly so.

Constantly waiting on some external savior is why people became disillusioned with the Q predictions.
I'm glad to say that from the beginning I've never believed in Q, or any whites hats, or Trump. I think that has been one of God's primary messages to us, to rely on him by vetting everything ourselves through the spirit and by doing things ourselves.

When the prophets come, we will still be responsible for vetting what they say, but it will be an easy thing if we have taken the holy spirit as our guide.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Shawn Henry wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:03 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:54 pm If the prophets want to be useful to Earth, they will need to put their backs into crushing the secret combinations and openly so.

I'm glad to say that from the beginning I've never believed in Q, or any whites hats, or Trump. I think that has been one of God's primary messages to us, to rely on him by vetting everything ourselves through the spirit and by doing things ourselves.

When the prophets come, we will still be responsible for vetting what they say, but it will be an easy thing if we have taken the holy spirit as our guide.
Perhaps, but I doubt everyone will make it given the performance they have shown up to this date of the apocalypse.

I'm not seeing a whole bunch of students who aced the tests or scored 100%.

Maybe when the fallen aliens/angels descend, people will think the messiah and prophets are now here? If people can fall for zelensky and other stuff.... why not.

Will they have power? Sure. Miraculous powers. Heal cancer. Remove the mrna problem. Give you near immortality and youth. Just sign the agreement they have.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:26 pm
Being There wrote: May 16th, 2023, 10:02 am

No, I DO believe in prophets. I see a growing attitude here of people believing there will be no prophet figures henceforth and we NEED no prophet figures. I completely disagree and think that is bad doctrine and false doctrine.

I understand not believing anyone known to the public currently as a prophet. I understand deceptive people have used prophet claims to cause harm but to outright reject the notion and model of the Lord using prophets and servants to teach man, it’s a complete rejection of the historical scripture narrative as we have it in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon and I’ve found a common thread of people with this view placing Isaiah’s words on (words from Christ given to a mortal man to teach others) on a pedestal as they scoff at the idea of ever following a man to get closer to Christ.
Thank the Lord for giving me my mind, the help of a member of the Godhead, and a direct one-on-one line of communication with the Father.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:03 pm

What is vetted as positive to date. :?: