Is the Living Prophet More Important than a Dead Prophet

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Aussie
captain of 100

Re: Is the Living Prophet More Important than a Dead Prophet

Post by Aussie »

God is growing very weary of the hypocrisy!!

1:14 Your monthly and regular meetings my soul detests. They have become a burden on me; I am weary of putting up with them.

As Jehovah attaches importance to Sabbath and monthly meetings elsewhere (Isaiah 56:2, 6; 58:13; 66:23), it isn’t that they of themselves are unacceptable. It is that his people measure their righteousness before God in terms of their attendance at them, not by their personal integrity. Word links show what kinds of things burden and weary Jehovah, but also that by repenting of evil his people may become clean: “You have burdened me with your sins, wearied me with your iniquities. But it is I myself, and for my own sake, who blot out your offenses, remembering your sins no more” (Isaiah 43:24–25).

1:21 How the faithful city has become a harlot! She was filled with justice; righteousness made its abode in her, but now murderers. THE VAXX!

Foreseeing his people’s imminent calamity because they choose not to repent, the prophet grieves for them, the word “How” characterizing a lament (Lamentations 1:1; 2:1; 4:1). In other words, the prophet is asking, “How could this tragedy have happened? How is it that this people didn’t repent in time? How could those who were once righteous become so wicked?” The term “harlot” attests to their broken covenant relationship with Jehovah their husband (Isaiah 57:3–13). Besides identifying a specific place, the term “city” represents Jehovah’s covenant people in general (Isaiah 45:13; 60:14).

She was filled with justice. Righteousness made her abode in her, but now murderers. “Justice” (mispat) and “righteousness” (sedeq)—the basis of all covenant blessings and the underpinnings of a law-abiding society—have given way to injustice and unrighteousness. The term “murderers” reiterates the level of wickedness to which Jehovah’s people have sunk. The term righteousness additionally identifies Jehovah’s end-time servant who acts as an exemplar of righteousness to Jehovah’s people (Isaiah 41:2, 25; 46:11–13) and whom Jehovah appoints to restore justice in the earth (Isaiah 42:1–4).

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: May 15th, 2023, 1:31 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:24 am
Subcomandante wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:01 am Responding to the OP:

In order to handle current issues of our time, of course the living prophets will always be more important than dead prophets. But that doesn't mean ignoring the dead prophets.
You must not have read the article linked to.

It scripturally proves the LDS "prophets" of the church today are not, in fact, living prophets, but false prophets.

It was so excellent.
The prophets of the Lord are true prophets. Those that vainly interpret past prophets to attack the current prophets are false prophets.
How do you know they are prophets? What measuring stick do you use?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:16 pm

It scripturally proves the LDS "prophets" of the church today are not, in fact, living prophets, but false prophets.

It was so excellent.
The prophets of the Lord are true prophets. Those that vainly interpret past prophets to attack the current prophets are false prophets.
Prayer to God and confirmation through His Holy Spirit.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:37 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:16 pm

Prayer to God and confirmation through His Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ said to judge their fruits in order to not be deceived. Many people have followed false prophets to their doom. All of them claiming that they indeed felt the Spirit of God.

So... What fruits from the scriptures have you witnessed from these men?

Aussie
captain of 100

Post by Aussie »

You will know them by their fruits!! When many spiritual people were told by the Holy Ghost not to receive the VAXX the leaders were saying it was a God send! Church leaders appease the Government and they advocate for LGBTQ and woke agendas, not just tolerate, they advocate! They're more concerned about money than dying starving children and families. They have 160 billions dollars in liquid assets and over 1 trillion in assets which will be lost soon in the financial collapse, wasted. They have lots of shares in Big Pharma (Pfizer, Moderna) Many people died and still are dying, have been injured and are still suffering due to the Devil send VAXX!. The end-time dictator is going to be a smooth operator saying flattering lovely words very inspirational too. He will deceive many especially church leaders and members because of no discernment and no Holy Ghost. I was duped as well, they're very smooth operators but their fruit has revealed their agenda and it is not of GOD!!

JS: Monday, 21 April 2014
Darkened In Their Minds
I love this quote:

"President Joseph Smith read the 14th chapter of Ezekiel--said the Lord had declared by the Prophet, that the people should each one stand for himself, and depend on no man or men in that state of corruption of the Jewish church--that righteous persons could only deliver their own souls--applied it to the present state of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--said if the people departed from the Lord, they must fall--that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves, envious towards the innocent, while they afflict the virtuous with their shafts of envy."
~ TPJS p. 237-238

If the minds of the Saints were darkened from depending on Joseph, how much more darkened are the minds depending on those leaders today who do not even have that discourse with heaven?

Go directly to God!!!!

Need I say More!!

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

investigator wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:12 am Anonymous Bishop takes a new look at Elder Allen Decker Haynie's latest conference talk regarding living prophets with extensive scriptural references. This link was posted yesterday, 13May23.

https://anonymousbishop.com/latter-day-comicon/
what does it even matter ? -
because Nelson, is not a prophet -
nor any others in the church - back to JS.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:16 pm
investigator wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:12 am Anonymous Bishop takes a new look at Elder Allen Decker Haynie's latest conference talk regarding living prophets with extensive scriptural references. This link was posted yesterday, 13May23.

if any of them were prophets,
they would then actually prophesy - from revelation received,
but none of them ever has,
because none of - the so-called prophets of the church, have been prophets,
and none have ever received revelation.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Being There wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:28 pm
Being There wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:16 pm

if any of them were prophets,
they would then actually prophesy - from revelation received,
but none of them ever has,
because none of - the so-called prophets of the church, have been prophets,
and none have ever received revelation.
It doesn't matter since each person seems to have a journey only he/she can answer for. Prophecy is, according to Revelations, to testify of Christ. Oliver Cowdry set the bar when telling the then apostles they must seek that. It blew me away when 2 members of the fifteen admitted none of them (the 15) that they know of have received that sort of witness in vision. And you call yourself an apostle? a special witness of Christ? Hmm fascinating to say the least.
As for seer, they see past, present and future as well as have an ability to translate. Shoot most of the 15 don't have time to study and write their talks according to Hinkley. How does one reveal what one has not a knowledge of? Why have scripture at all for that matter. Why did Jesus reprimand Nephi for not including the words of Samuel if the words of prophets were not important. Then there is the revelator bit. I haven't heard a thus sayth the Lord, have you? I can say, okay, you were ordained and given keys of the priesthood. I haven't seen the power thereof. Where does that come in?

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Subcomandante wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:01 am Responding to the OP:

In order to handle current issues of our time, of course the living prophets will always be more important than dead prophets. But that doesn't mean ignoring the dead prophets.

It was so excellent.
A words of a real prophet wouldn't contradict the words of a past real prophet. Nor would their words contradict scripture. Mormonism is all about contradictions and devotion to a beloved leaders. Which unfortunately isn't Jesus.

zionssuburb
captain of 100

Post by zionssuburb »

The idea comes from the story of Brigham Young and the 'living oracles' - If Joseph Smith was my living oracle, sure, the living prophet is better....

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 2:55 pm Continuing with the thought of "The Lord's pattern", we see that the Lord's prophets will always write down the Lord's words verbatim.

Certainly this pattern has stopped, right?

I have repeatedly challenged many on this forum to show me examples in the scriptures where prophets did not do this. My challenge still stands.
Was that ever the pattern in the first place?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

ithink wrote: May 27th, 2023, 3:20 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 2:55 pm Continuing with the thought of "The Lord's pattern", we see that the Lord's prophets will always write down the Lord's words verbatim.

Certainly this pattern has stopped, right?

I have repeatedly challenged many on this forum to show me examples in the scriptures where prophets did not do this. My challenge still stands.
Was that ever the pattern in the first place?

I guess that's the question. I'm drawing blanks on providing examples to the contrary.