Out from the shadows, I guess...

Tell us about yourself...
Libertas Est Salus
captain of 100

Out from the shadows, I guess...

Post by Libertas Est Salus »

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple years, which in retrospect feels like something to be awkwardly confessed, though I never thought much of it all along. I finally decided to pull the trigger and register an account, for an uninteresting reason I'll explain in a different post in the General Discussions forum.

A little about me:

I'm a father of 6. My kids are everything to me, and I cannot imagine anything greater than being a daddy.
I love liberty. Maybe as much as I love being a dad.
I absolutely LOVE the prophet Isaiah, and found so much clarity in his words as I tried to make sense of the covid era—more particularly as to the church's handling of all things 'Rona.
I'm passionate and tend to be dogmatic. I work hard to tame that beast, but sometimes it gets the better of me. I will keep working at it, but please forgive me if I ever cross the line into incivility.
Been a member of the church all my life. And when I say "been a member," I mean like I ate, slept, and breathed the church. I considered it synonymous with the gospel. Wouldn't tolerate even the slightest criticism. But while covid was allegedly some terrible disease, for me it became a cure. It cured me of what I now see as a well meaning but false perception—really spiritual blindness that had allowed me to make the church my idol.

I feel like I know so many of you at some level as I've learned from all your amazing insights through my lurking the last couple years. I look forward to interacting and connecting with all of you now that I'm out of hiding.

God bless,

Libertas Est Salus

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Out from the shadows, I guess...

Post by creator »

Welcome :)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Libertas Est Salus wrote: May 10th, 2023, 3:19 pm Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple years, which in retrospect feels like something to be awkwardly confessed, though I never thought much of it all along. I finally decided to pull the trigger and register an account, for an uninteresting reason I'll explain in a different post in the General Discussions forum.

A little about me:

I'm a father of 6. My kids are everything to me, and I cannot imagine anything greater than being a daddy.
I absolutely LOVE the prophet Isaiah, and found so much clarity in his words as I tried to make sense of the covid era—more particularly as to the church's handling of all things 'Rona.
I'm passionate and tend to be dogmatic. I work hard to tame that beast, but sometimes it gets the better of me. I will keep working at it, but please forgive me if I ever cross the line into incivility.
Been a member of the church all my life. And when I say "been a member," I mean like I ate, slept, and breathed the church. I considered it synonymous with the gospel. Wouldn't tolerate even the slightest criticism. But while covid was allegedly some terrible disease, for me it became a cure. It cured me of what I now see as a well meaning but false perception—really spiritual blindness that had allowed me to make the church my idol.

I feel like I know so many of you at some level as I've learned from all your amazing insights through my lurking the last couple years. I look forward to interacting and connecting with all of you now that I'm out of hiding.

God bless,

Libertas Est Salus
Welcome hermano, this forum is 'home' for many saints 👍👍

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Welcome, Libertas Est Salus; we look forward to hearing more from you.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Libertas Est Salus wrote: May 10th, 2023, 3:19 pm Hi all,

A little about me:

God bless,

Libertas Est Salus
Welcome! you sound like a brother from another mother.
I'm coming up on 60 years old, so probably a bit older than you - maybe more than a bit.
I was sooo everything you describe until about age 30. Since then, the more I have learned, the more I know not to laugh off what initially sounds ridiculous. I'm still pretty stubborn on things that I feel I have done my due diligence on, but even on those things I try to keep an open mind and see other perspectives.

Glad you're here.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Hello cousin.

This new renaissance of spiritual faith and progress is interesting to witness in the LDS circles, both pro mormon, ex mormon, or something else entirely a hybrid. The pro+anti Nephite Mormons.

To a certain level, people like Stephanie of Mormon stories psychic mushrooms fame, were destined and fated and also chose of their free will in the pre mortal existence to live as a member/convert of the church, and your soul also chose to be brought up as a member.

However, that was not so much the goal as it is a means to an end. The end goal is the spiritual awakening of the human ego/person, to choose either apotheosis or a higher kingdom/timeline. The lower kingdom/timeline is not so much chosen as it is already the default option for dropouts or those who scored the lowest. It is still much better than the hell/current world however.

The LDS traditions provided a relatively safe, low risk, way of avoiding certain DNA mutation problems (promiscuity) and provided a safe environment for one to focus inwards on the holy spirit. However, this realm is the most difficult of all realms (there is no hell lower than ours, this is hell technically, the underworld). And souls often times come in as children and then they exit bitter or defeated or lacking the courage to do what they signed on for. Thus they plateau at a certain point in their progress in the church, as you and stephanie did. And the way to break out is unique to each individual. Some will work inside, others will work outside.

A key point to avoid is indeed victimhood mentality and also finding targets to blame. Stephanie, at her current level, blames the mormon church for abuse and misleading her. In truth she mislead herself and is finding it hard to resolve that internal contradiction.

A person's personal reality or realm is created for them and by them subconsciously. They get exactly what they desire/need. If they desire negative things, they will get negative experiences. If they don't want to think and prefers an authority figure like a politician or a leader of a church to tell them what to do, that is exactly what they will get, one way or another.

2020 was when a great many chose the higher timelines/kingdoms of god. And of course entrance requires tests, but those tests don't necessarily come from humans in churches or temples.