Killing of only the males shows that the Israelites were not practicing polygamy.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Killing of only the males shows that the Israelites were not practicing polygamy.

Post by SJR3t2 »

00:00:22 What to do when a Nazi asks if you know were any Jews are?
00:14:10 Killing of only the males shows that the Israelites were not practicing polygamy.
00:16:50 A higher law is a sign of a cult.
00:18:42 People use the word testimony incorrectly.
00:19:30 Focus on the scriptures.
00:20:31 Yeshua quotes Psalms and states it's Torah.
00:23:22 Father is an idiom for leader, and son is an idiom for follower.
00:24:37 Paul states the prophets is Torah.
00:25:32 NT, BoM, most of D&C is Torah.
00:26:01 Isaiah 28:11-12 might be talking about the Sabbath.
00:27:11 We are to live by every word of YHWH.
00:28:52 JS said to abide the BoM, he did not say abide what people claim I say.
00:29:10 Church history has been modified.
00:30:30 Brigham Young was evil.
00:32:15 We are to look to who we are praying to.
00:35:52 This is an example how all adults have the law but come up with excuses.
00:36:54 Sacrament used to only blessed by adults with the hands up while saying the sacrament.
00:39:52 Bible and JS teach we are to pray with our hands up.
00:41:18 Brigham Young changing history.
00:42:25 Symbolism of trees and axes. Cricket is symbolic of the Holy Spirit / Torah.
00:48:48 YHWH denies no one who repents salvation.
00:50:31 You don't have to say His name correctly, if you did it would exclude those who can't speak.
00:51:14 Name is a Hebrew idiom for characteristics.
00:52:15 Adults make to many excuses. Smart people can trick themselves.
00:53:48 Elohim was judging Egypt.
00:55:09 YHWH made Moses a judge / prophet over Pharaoh.
00:57:03 Moses had the sealing power in that YHWH had Moses pronounce the cursings that were already decreed in heaven.
00:58:11 There's a lot of apologetics for YHWH hardening Pharaoh's heart.
00:59:19 JST Exodus 4:21.
01:00:39 Biblehub shows translator bias for Exodus 4:21.
01:04:11 Translation issues, including with KJV.
01:06:33 YHWH's purpose is the immortality and eternal life of man.
01:08:15 Talking about my What was it post.
01:08:28 Proof of the exodus from Egypt.
01:09:42 Immanuel Velikovsky, and a planet helped with the exodus. My post will bring out how it's going to happen again.
01:11:03 Luke originally said there was an eclipse at Yeshua's death, which I believe just not from the moon.
01:16:09 Blood moon with the second coming.
01:18:22 Blood moons happen on the High Holidays because they are when the moon is full.
01:19:40 New moon is not the full moon.
01:20:54 Someone doesn't know what the word grace means.
01:22:09 YHWH has stoned in the past and will do it again in the future.
01:23:14 Darkness was around the world.
01:24:14 Electrical Universe Model vs the Standard Model, and the Polar Configuration.
01:27:08 I believe the destruction will happen during Passover.
01:27:56 After Second Coming the Mighty and Strong One will be a missionary.
01:28:57 Should study the word of YHWH before you preach it.
https://seekingyhwh.org/scripture-study/2023-04-27/

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Killing of only the males shows that the Israelites were not practicing polygamy.

Post by Thinker »

Actually, them killing males would be more likely done by polygamist than non-polygamist. Consider Mormon flds polygamy groups who kicked out boys so systematically that these poor boys got the name, “Lost Boys.”

"Lost boys" is a term used for young men who have been excommunicated or pressured to leave polygamous Mormon fundamentalist groups, such as the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS).Although sometimes officially accused of apostasy or disobedience, it is thought that they are mainly pressured to leave by older adult men to reduce competition for wives within such sects,[2][3][4] usually when they are between the ages of 13 and 21.” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_bo ... mentalism)

^This is 1 of the main reasons why polygamy is evil, or rather it is not a true (universal) godly principle.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: Killing of only the males shows that the Israelites were not practicing polygamy.

Post by Bronco73idi »

I wouldn’t believe the Bible either… need to make religion fit my feelings and emotions lol

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Thinker wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 7:52 pm Actually, them killing males would be more likely done by polygamist than non-polygamist. Consider Mormon flds polygamy groups who kicked out boys so systematically that these poor boys got the name, “Lost Boys.”

"Lost boys" is a term used for young men who have been excommunicated or pressured to leave polygamous Mormon fundamentalist groups, such as the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS).Although sometimes officially accused of apostasy or disobedience, it is thought that they are mainly pressured to leave by older adult men to reduce competition for wives within such sects,[2][3][4] usually when they are between the ages of 13 and 21.” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_bo ... mentalism)

^This is 1 of the main reasons why polygamy is evil, or rather it is not a true (universal) godly principle.
The killing was done by outsiders not insiders. The motivation is very different.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 8:13 pm I wouldn’t believe the Bible either… need to make religion fit my feelings and emotions lol
Hmm, sorry to hear that. Trying to become a law unto yourself won't work out very well. https://seekingyhwh.org/2022/10/05/all- ... o-chiasmi/

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:36 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 8:13 pm I wouldn’t believe the Bible either… need to make religion fit my feelings and emotions lol
Hmm, sorry to hear that. Trying to become a law unto yourself won't work out very well. https://seekingyhwh.org/2022/10/05/all- ... o-chiasmi/
I’m not reading your fake words on some website. How do you justify judges 19?

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:38 pm
Oh my words are very real. Including the ones I just wrote in response to you.

Evil men, do you see anywhere where YHWH told the men to do it?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

You're always digging for truth. I respect that and appreciate that about you, SJR3t2.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:49 pm You're always digging for truth. I respect that and appreciate that about you, SJR3t2.
Thanks I appreciate that. Hope some things I have shared have helped you come to know who YHWH is more and gave you courage to keep YHWH's ancient and eternal ways.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Thinker wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 7:52 pm This is 1 of the main reasons why polygamy is evil, or rather it is not a true (universal) godly principle.
Not to mention that it is patently unfair to women.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:40 pm

Have ye not read?

I read the words of Genesis, the words that had Sarai give Hagar to her 85 year old husband and then out of jealousy she dealt hardly with her. I read that instead of condemning Abram and Sarai YHWH sent an angel to Hagar to tell her to submit to Sarai.

Your words are not of YHWH!

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 11:09 pm

Have ye not read?

I read the words of Genesis, the words that had Sarai give Hagar to her 85 year old husband and then out of jealousy she dealt hardly with her. I read that instead of condemning Abram and Sarai YHWH sent an angel to Hagar to tell her to submit to Sarai.

You seem to like changing subjects when you can't answer what is brought up as you just did here. YHWH never told Abraham or told Sarah to practice polygamy. And later when Sarah wanted to get rid of Hagar YHWH said that was what was to be done. Can you show me in the Bible where YHWH commanded polygamy? I can show you in Torah where YHWH stated not to do it, see the last part of this recording going over a bad translation of a hebrew idiom that is translated correctly everywhere else https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIVBxw ... n&index=43

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

A cursory look at the Torah indicates that the Israelites DID practice polygamy and we're fairly open about it. Moses in addition to the Midianite called Zipporah bint Jethro, also married a Black Kushite, which was murmured against by the congregation. Even Aaron called him out against that and he became leprous as a result.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Subcomandante wrote: May 4th, 2023, 10:46 am A cursory look at the Torah indicates that the Israelites DID practice polygamy and we're fairly open about it. Moses in addition to the Midianite called Zipporah bint Jethro, also married a Black Kushite, which was murmured against by the congregation. Even Aaron called him out against that and he became leprous as a result.
There were times when they did practice it, but not at this time. And Moses was not a polygamist. If you look into this was another way to refer to Moses one wife. FYI Aaron didn't get leprous but his sister did.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 10:31 am

Have ye not read?

You seem to like changing subjects when you can't answer what is brought up as you just did here. YHWH never told Abraham or told Sarah to practice polygamy. And later when Sarah wanted to get rid of Hagar YHWH said that was what was to be done. Can you show me in the Bible where YHWH commanded polygamy? I can show you in Torah where YHWH stated not to do it, see the last part of this recording going over a bad translation of a hebrew idiom that is translated correctly everywhere else https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIVBxw ... n&index=43
You try to bite with your words but they have no teeth!

You say I’m changing the subject, I gave you a perfect example of what you would consider adultery. Hagar got to deal with Sarai for at least 13 more years, Sarai didn’t get pregnant right after her name change to Sarah. Then when the adulterous (per your judgement) Abram turned 99, YHWH had an angel go down to Abram and make an everlasting covenant. That is when his half sister and his name changed to Sarah and Abraham. As Sarah, she still had her slave Hagar…..

If what you are saying is true, more then one wife is an abomination, then Abram was an abomination and should never have been given the opportunity to make an everlasting covenant.

Why is anti polygamist so judgmental, they say if you believe in polygamy you are damned!!!!

Have ye not read, YHWH allowed Abraham to have a concubine, Keturah and she had 6 sons.

Abraham had 8 sons from 3 different women and you want me and everyone else to believe that the father of the 12 tribes is an abomination to YHWH?

I’m not a polygamist, if someone is a polygamist then that is between them and YHWH. YHWM allows polygamy, he hasn’t allowed it with me but I’m not ignorant enough to damn anyone for it. If I was and I was wrong I would be DAMNED, like the dwindling lake, Mead.

Lol, I made a joke and it was for another member here….

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 4th, 2023, 11:06 am

Have ye not read?

You say I’m changing the subject, I gave you a perfect example of what you would consider adultery. Hagar got to deal with Sarai for at least 13 more years, Sarai didn’t get pregnant right after her name change to Sarah. Then when the adulterous (per your judgement) Abram turned 99, YHWH had an angel go down to Abram and make an everlasting covenant. That is when his half sister and his name changed to Sarah and Abraham. As Sarah, she still had her slave Hagar…..

If what you are saying is true, more then one wife is an abomination, then Abram was an abomination and should never have been given the opportunity to make an everlasting covenant.

Why is anti polygamist so judgmental, they say if you believe in polygamy you are damned!!!!

Have ye not read, YHWH allowed Abraham to have a concubine, Keturah and she had 6 sons.

Abraham had 8 sons from 3 different women and you want me and everyone else to believe that the father of the 12 tribes is an abomination to YHWH?

I’m not a polygamist, if someone is a polygamist then that is between them and YHWH. YHWM allows polygamy, he hasn’t allowed it with me but I’m not ignorant enough to damn anyone for it. If I was and I was wrong I would be DAMNED, like the dwindling lake, Mead.

um you did change the subject from Judges to Abraham.

Yes Abraham sinned in listening to his wifes counsel just as Adam did.

Polygamy is adultery.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Hagar was not a wife. And Abraham's last wife was after Sarah died.

If we don't warn others of their sins, we have sinned.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.

Ezekiel 33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 11:10 am

Polygamy is adultery.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.

Ezekiel 33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Your sin of not understanding that Adam is given dominion over all the earth by Elohim?

Sounds like he is our father which art in heaven…..

2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

You are telling me Abraham had six more sons after Isaac even thou he had Isaac “in his old age”

Tell me why YHWH sent an angel to kill Moses, if you speak for him you should know…. It deals with non monogamy relationships so it’s the same subject.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 4th, 2023, 11:38 am

Polygamy is adultery.

Your sin of not understanding that Adam is given dominion over all the earth by Elohim?

2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

You are telling me Abraham had six more sons after Isaac even thou he had Isaac “in his old age”

Tell me why YHWH sent an angel to kill Moses, if you speak for him you should know…. It deals with non monogamy relationships so it’s the same subject.
Now I'm a sinner because you are making up what I believe, what a joke. If you want to complain about YHWH go make your own thread.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 11:41 am

Polygamy is adultery.

Now I'm a sinner because you are making up what I believe, what a joke. If you want to complain about YHWH go make your own thread.
This is what Jospeh taught.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Have ye not read?

Bronco, God doesn't waste, He uses things for His purposes.

The Lamanites play the same roll as Ishmael and his descendents.

It's absurd to think of Hagar as an example of 'polygamy is good'.

Despite Ishmael being the firstborn, he did not get the birthright. That's also part of a pattern.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 4th, 2023, 12:02 pm

Where's the quote and source?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: May 5th, 2023, 6:46 am

Have ye not read?

Despite Ishmael being the firstborn, he did not get the birthright. That's also part of a pattern.
You don’t think I know this?

Abraham 3
23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

Abraham like Jospeh had the right, power, privilege to do as he pleased.

You just like to argue because you cannot comprehend that some men are loved by YHWH more then you. Ie they are not puppets.

Now educated me why Moses was almost killed by an Angel sent by the Lord, YHWH….
Last edited by Bronco73idi on May 5th, 2023, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:50 am

I have shared this quote with you, but ye have not read?

I’m am a loving man and will share it again.

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... y-1842/502

“instructing them in the principles and order of the Priesthood, attending to washings, anointings, endowments and the communication of Keys pertaining to the Aaronic Priesthood, and so on to the highest order of Melchisedec Priesthood, setting forth the order pertaining to the ancient of Days, and all those plans and principles, by which any one is enabled to secure the fulness of those blessings, which have been prepared for the Church of the first born, and come up and abide in the presence of the Eloheim in the Eternal worlds. In this Council was instituted the Ancient order of things for the first time in these last days. And the communications I made to this Council were of things Spiritual, and to be received only by the Spiritual minded: and there was nothing made known to these men, but what will be made known to all <​the​> Saints of the last days, so soon as they are prepared to receive, and a proper place is prepared to communicate them, even to the weakest of the Saints;“

You are right there, at the very end…..

I love how you think Jospeh F. Smith made up that Jospeh had the authority to authorize polygamy but hasn’t let it happen at the time of October 5th 1843.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:59 am
ransomme wrote: May 5th, 2023, 6:46 am

Have ye not read?

You don’t think I know this?

Abraham 3
23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

Abraham like Jospeh had the right, power, privilege to do as he pleased.

You just like to argue because you cannot comprehend that some men are loved by YHWH more then you. Ie they are not puppets.
That's an interesting point of view. Thanks you for sharing.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:04 am
ransomme wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:50 am

I have shared this quote with you, but ye have not read?

I’m am a loving man and will share it again.

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... y-1842/502

“instructing them in the principles and order of the Priesthood, attending to washings, anointings, endowments and the communication of Keys pertaining to the Aaronic Priesthood, and so on to the highest order of Melchisedec Priesthood, setting forth the order pertaining to the ancient of Days, and all those plans and principles, by which any one is enabled to secure the fulness of those blessings, which have been prepared for the Church of the first born, and come up and abide in the presence of the Eloheim in the Eternal worlds. In this Council was instituted the Ancient order of things for the first time in these last days. And the communications I made to this Council were of things Spiritual, and to be received only by the Spiritual minded: and there was nothing made known to these men, but what will be made known to all <​the​> Saints of the last days, so soon as they are prepared to receive, and a proper place is prepared to communicate them, even to the weakest of the Saints;“

You are right there, at the very end…..

I love how you think Jospeh F. Smith made up that Jospeh had the authority to authorize polygamy but hasn’t let it happen at the time of October 5th 1843.
I was just asking, unlike some who demand, and accuse and also unlike some who when shown that they were wrong just ghost the conversation as of it never happened.