Steven crowder has an interesting reveal, called monster

Discuss political news items / current events.
LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Re: Steven crowder has an interesting reveal, called monster

Post by LateOutOfBed »

I used to listen to him and Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens et. al. until I realized that there's a reason they haven't been "cancelled" and I realized it's because they are part of the plan to divide America. So, I quit listening and watching them... I'm kind of glad I did with these revelations.

It amazes me how much people's private "front" differs from their public "front" so often. I try to keep consistent in both so I don't have to live a lie. :( Sad to see this issue with Stephen, I hope his wife gets the support she needs and he repents and find Jesus.

Geoff

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Wolfwoman wrote: April 29th, 2023, 1:44 pm I have watched Steven quite a bit and enjoyed his show, because I am a big fan of comedy and his impressions are great too. At times his humor was too crude though, and seems to have gotten worse as time has gone by, especially when he started having other comedians join him on his show. Something about comedians - most just tell dirty jokes and talk about sex all the time. So I haven’t enjoyed his show as much lately, but was still watching him as recently as a few weeks ago. I never joined his mug club. But I enjoyed watching his show and his sense of humor.

The video that was leaked is really sad. It’s terrible how he talked to his wife who was 8 or 9 months pregnant with twins. And apparently he missed the birth of his twins too. He says for an urgently needed surgery on his chest. According to his wife it was an elective surgery. According to him, she asked for the divorce. According to her, he was the first one to get a divorce attorney. So they are saying different things and who knows which side is right. But I can tell you the video is disgusting. Even if she set him up for it. It’s still awful. Just like the recorded audio of James Stoddard and his daughters verbally abusing their wife and mother. Even if it was a setup, anyone listening to it can tell that it’s horrible abuse that happened all the time, not “just that once”.

It’s all sad and disappointing.
But I wouldn’t stand for that kind of abuse and those who are excusing it are pathetic in my eyes as well.

I know there may be exceptions, but as a general rule, a wife who is pregnant doesn't usually file for divorce unless things are REALLY bad. Judging just based on this video, it sounds like they are.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

tdj wrote: May 1st, 2023, 3:07 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: April 29th, 2023, 1:44 pm I have watched Steven quite a bit and enjoyed his show, because I am a big fan of comedy and his impressions are great too. At times his humor was too crude though, and seems to have gotten worse as time has gone by, especially when he started having other comedians join him on his show. Something about comedians - most just tell dirty jokes and talk about sex all the time. So I haven’t enjoyed his show as much lately, but was still watching him as recently as a few weeks ago. I never joined his mug club. But I enjoyed watching his show and his sense of humor.

The video that was leaked is really sad. It’s terrible how he talked to his wife who was 8 or 9 months pregnant with twins. And apparently he missed the birth of his twins too. He says for an urgently needed surgery on his chest. According to his wife it was an elective surgery. According to him, she asked for the divorce. According to her, he was the first one to get a divorce attorney. So they are saying different things and who knows which side is right. But I can tell you the video is disgusting. Even if she set him up for it. It’s still awful. Just like the recorded audio of James Stoddard and his daughters verbally abusing their wife and mother. Even if it was a setup, anyone listening to it can tell that it’s horrible abuse that happened all the time, not “just that once”.

But I wouldn’t stand for that kind of abuse and those who are excusing it are pathetic in my eyes as well.

I know there may be exceptions, but as a general rule, a wife who is pregnant doesn't usually file for divorce unless things are REALLY bad. Judging just based on this video, it sounds like they are.
She had the babies in 2021 and they also filed for divorce in 2021, a few months after the babies were born, I think.

In the ring video, she says she’s committed to him. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Severus
captain of 100

Post by Severus »

You are probably right, but I had a sister in law who, once she passed the 8 month mark would become hostile, very impatient and angry and even combative if she imagined you so much as looked at her wrong. She would always threaten my brother with divorce and start an argument over the most trivial things. Once the baby came, however, she was back to her congenial self. My brother and her had six kids. At least none of her pregnancies were twins or there could have been a homicide over there.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Steven Crowder is a cruel and selfish person while Candace Owens is a snake in the grass considering just a couple of months ago she was singing heaps of praise toward Steven while her bosses at the Daily Wire attempted to sign him to a huge contract. Things have been ugly between them ever since. Tick for tat. If Steven were with the Daily Wire today, Candace would have never said anything about this. And her whole holier-than-thou attitude (we even prayed for Steven) is complete BS. In my opinion, she is no better than Steven.

Disappointed Jordan Peterson signed with the Daily Wire. But how many folks can say no to generational wealth? Well, Steven Crowder did and I respected him for that. Who knows what to believe from these folks? The voices of conservativism are a cesspool.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Severus wrote: May 1st, 2023, 3:37 pm

You are probably right, but I had a sister in law who, once she passed the 8 month mark would become hostile, very impatient and angry and even combative if she imagined you so much as looked at her wrong. She would always threaten my brother with divorce and start an argument over the most trivial things. Once the baby came, however, she was back to her congenial self. My brother and her had six kids. At least none of her pregnancies were twins or there could have been a homicide over there.
Hormones can really mess with a woman's mind. With the birth of my first kid, I plummeted into a severe depression. With my second I became euphoric.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: May 1st, 2023, 5:18 pm Steven Crowder is a cruel and selfish person while Candace Owens is a snake in the grass considering just a couple of months ago she was singing heaps of praise toward Steven while her bosses at the Daily Wire attempted to sign him to a huge contract. Things have been ugly between them ever since. Tick for tat. If Steven were with the Daily Wire today, Candace would have never said anything about this. And her whole holier-than-thou attitude (we even prayed for Steven) is complete BS. In my opinion, she is no better than Steven.

Disappointed Jordan Peterson signed with the Daily Wire. But how many folks can say no to generational wealth? Well, Steven Crowder did and I respected him for that. Who knows what to believe from these folks? The voices of conservativism are a cesspool.
I think you're being entirely too hard on Candace. I think her stance and attitude overall is fantastic. I don't think she knew Crowder was abusive to his wife prior to seeing this video. She absolutely IS better then him unless you have video of her threatening and berating a pregnant woman? Don't get much lower then that. Nothing wrong with generational wealth, but I don't know what it has to do with any of this. Crowder was caught on video behaving in a very abusive and inexcusable way to his wife, and folks called him out on it and rightfully cut ties with him. It's really that simple.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Candace is doing good work. Crowder needs to work on himself instead of making money off people with sht jokes. This is the apocalypse, make jokes about the apocalypse like Babylon Bee does, and speak truth to power.

WHen Crowder sits himself down and talks to zelensky and the fools in DC like that, then I'll give him some credit. Until then, he's going to get hit with so many god rays he will want his chest caved in again to avoid the exposure.

Other than that, Crowder and Nelson, i see them as serving similar roles for groups of people. Expose, expose, expose. Destroy people's trust in the institutions and their "beloved idols". It is better done now before the apocalypse does it with pain and fire.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Once the dam breaks, the flood comes out. Now his former employees are speaking out. An ugly divorce is one thing. You can argue there's always two sides to that. But what this article is claiming is way beyond anything *anybody* should think is decent, much less someone who claims to be a conservative Christian. Good grief, this guy's a mess.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/steven-cr ... -ex-staff/
The Post spoke to 10 former employees who claim Crowder ran an “abusive” company, where he often screamed at his employees — including his own father — exposed his genitals, sent out directives to arbitrarily fire people and made underlings wash his dirty laundry.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

tdj wrote: May 1st, 2023, 6:16 pm
SempiternalHarbinger wrote: May 1st, 2023, 5:18 pm Steven Crowder is a cruel and selfish person while Candace Owens is a snake in the grass considering just a couple of months ago she was singing heaps of praise toward Steven while her bosses at the Daily Wire attempted to sign him to a huge contract. Things have been ugly between them ever since. Tick for tat. If Steven were with the Daily Wire today, Candace would have never said anything about this. And her whole holier-than-thou attitude (we even prayed for Steven) is complete BS. In my opinion, she is no better than Steven.

I think you're being entirely too hard on Candace. I think her stance and attitude overall is fantastic. I don't think she knew Crowder was abusive to his wife prior to seeing this video. She absolutely IS better then him unless you have video of her threatening and berating a pregnant woman? Don't get much lower then that. Nothing wrong with generational wealth, but I don't know what it has to do with any of this. Crowder was caught on video behaving in a very abusive and inexcusable way to his wife, and folks called him out on it and rightfully cut ties with him. It's really that simple.
Well, we agree on Crowder, but let me tell you something, it takes a very special (cruel) person to air someone's personal and private family laundry. Clearly, Candace has a personal vendetta and she knew exactly what she was doing. Sorry, I can't call that fantastic.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 11:28 pm

Well, we agree on Crowder, but let me tell you something, it takes a very special (cruel) person to air someone's personal and private family laundry. Clearly, Candace has a personal vendetta and she knew exactly what she was doing. Sorry, I can't call that fantastic.
Pretty sure this marriage infighting already aired their personal and no longer private laundry. Unless you want to tell us a very special person candace went and video taped her and him as a spy. This was an inside job.

Crowder already has money for a life time. You respect him for refusing more money? That sounds more like a personal blockage than something to do with Crowder.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

h_p wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 10:10 pm Once the dam breaks, the flood comes out. Now his former employees are speaking out. An ugly divorce is one thing. You can argue there's always two sides to that. But what this article is claiming is way beyond anything *anybody* should think is decent, much less someone who claims to be a conservative Christian. Good grief, this guy's a mess.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/steven-cr ... -ex-staff/
The Post spoke to 10 former employees who claim Crowder ran an “abusive” company, where he often screamed at his employees — including his own father — exposed his genitals, sent out directives to arbitrarily fire people and made underlings wash his dirty laundry.
christian? lol try satanic, that is more in the vibe.

sharks smell blood, that's fine like metoo. some are fake, some are real, this is the life to decide.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 11:28 pm

I saw the video on someone else’s news show before I saw it on Candace’s show. As far as I know, she didn’t break the story. She was just sharing news like all the other news personalities.

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Candace gets dopamine rushes when she gets to play Mean Girls. She can't handle arguments. She's vindictive and vicious. She once had a website that put personal information out of people, including children, who said mean things about her online. She is absolutely NOT better than Steven.

As far as the leaked security camera footage, it is clearly edited, as it skips around. I think she staged it as well. That doesn't mean that he isn't a huge jerk, because I know he is based on how he treats his employees.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Niyr wrote: May 4th, 2023, 8:35 am

Candace gets dopamine rushes when she gets to play Mean Girls. She can't handle arguments. She's vindictive and vicious. She once had a website that put personal information out of people, including children, who said mean things about her online. She is absolutely NOT better than Steven.

Where is your evidence? A video was provided and it is not heavily edited although it is also not complete.

What can you provide?

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Since this thread seems to be about many personalities let me share my disappointment in Dennis Prager over his pornography stance. Mind you, I never listened to him in the first place, but I know many who do/did. The debate with Matt Fradd on the topic was really disheartening.

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 4th, 2023, 10:21 am

Where is your evidence? A video was provided and it is not heavily edited although it is also not complete.

What can you provide?
A lack of additional evidence is not evidence of the a position being untrue nor that a contrary position is true. The video provided is edited. That is fact. Another fact is that we do not know what happened before or after the argument. The way she repeats things clearly is indicative of something rehearsed or trying to ingrain something specific for an audience.

While he does some important work in the social battle of ideas (Change My Mind, social idea and election coverage videos), my monetary and most of my vocal and viewing support for Steven is gone, not from this video but from how he has treated his former employees and his clear hypocrisy on contracts (after offering Dave, one of the co-hosts, a really crappy new contract for more work at zero additional pay during the time period his Daily Wire contract offer was given). He made a big deal about his Daily Wire contract offer, and I agreed with him for the most part. But it is clear he has a huge ego, tiny-man syndrome and is a complete douche bag. There's also reports that he likes to joke around with the male staffers by exposing himself, or putting his genitals on sleeping co-hosts. Probably some kind of power move, since he clearly likes to lord over people.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I don’t see how his wife could have staged it. It’s their frickin’ ring camera. Unless she lured him outside while he was drunk or something and started an argument. He does come off as a mean drunk. But maybe he’s like that when he’s sober. I have no idea.

I think Dave Landau is right. I think Steven was abused (maybe as a child actor) and he has now become the abuser.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Niyr wrote: May 4th, 2023, 1:50 pm

What can you provide?
A lack of additional evidence is not evidence of the a position being untrue nor that a contrary position is true. The video provided is edited. That is fact. Another fact is that we do not know what happened before or after the argument. The way she repeats things clearly is indicative of something rehearsed or trying to ingrain something specific for an audience.

While he does some important work in the social battle of ideas (Change My Mind, social idea and election coverage videos), my monetary and most of my vocal and viewing support for Steven is gone, not from this video but from how he has treated his former employees and his clear hypocrisy on contracts (after offering Dave, one of the co-hosts, a really crappy new contract for more work at zero additional pay during the time period his Daily Wire contract offer was given). He made a big deal about his Daily Wire contract offer, and I agreed with him for the most part. But it is clear he has a huge ego, tiny-man syndrome and is a complete douche bag. There's also reports that he likes to joke around with the male staffers by exposing himself, or putting his genitals on sleeping co-hosts. Probably some kind of power move, since he clearly likes to lord over people.
It is a fact that my words and posts hete are edited.

So you dont havr evidence to provude me. Which makes u worse tyhan ur caracature of candace.

When u or anyonr elsr want to write up a notation of ur testimonies or equivalent evidence, i will take a look. Until then i havr to judge based on the data and not how many axes ur or celebrities havr againdt each other.

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 5th, 2023, 9:40 am

What can you provide?

So you dont havr evidence to provude me. Which makes u worse tyhan ur caracature of candace.

When u or anyonr elsr want to write up a notation of ur testimonies or equivalent evidence, i will take a look. Until then i havr to judge based on the data and not how many axes ur or celebrities havr againdt each other.
I am worse than Candace? Lol, please. Stop being asinine and lazy.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Niyr wrote: May 8th, 2023, 11:34 am

Oh? I am merely using your syntax language to communicate. Your concept was that Candace was worse in comparison, right? Then are you calling yourself asinine and lazy for saying Candace is worse than Crowder? What exactly are you doing with that one?

"Candace gets dopamine rushes when she gets to play Mean Girls. She can't handle arguments. She's vindictive and vicious. She once had a website that put personal information out of people, including children, who said mean things about her online. She is absolutely NOT better than Steven."

I'm using objective criteria here. I wouldn't call them facts per say, since this is a forum not a court room. We don't have facts so much as we have opinions or sources/arguments.

Your argument is visible for Candace Owens. You aren't contesting too much what is going on with Steve Crowder, perhaps even judging/implying he is worse than he looks in video.

In terms of evidence however, Candace has video and you by your own words admit you don't have anything to back up your words. Those are just your words or caricature.

How are you better than she using reasonable criteria here?

If you want to fold and withdraw, that is your right. But don't throw around labels like asinine and lazy. That makes you look like a mean person. Maybe projection is your argument style?

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 8th, 2023, 5:28 pm
Niyr wrote: May 8th, 2023, 11:34 am

Oh? I am merely using your syntax language to communicate. Your concept was that Candace was worse in comparison, right? Then are you calling yourself asinine and lazy for saying Candace is worse than Crowder? What exactly are you doing with that one?

"Candace gets dopamine rushes when she gets to play Mean Girls. She can't handle arguments. She's vindictive and vicious. She once had a website that put personal information out of people, including children, who said mean things about her online. She is absolutely NOT better than Steven."

I'm using objective criteria here. I wouldn't call them facts per say, since this is a forum not a court room. We don't have facts so much as we have opinions or sources/arguments.

Your argument is visible for Candace Owens. You aren't contesting too much what is going on with Steve Crowder, perhaps even judging/implying he is worse than he looks in video.

In terms of evidence however, Candace has video and you by your own words admit you don't have anything to back up your words. Those are just your words or caricature.

How are you better than she using reasonable criteria here?

If you want to fold and withdraw, that is your right. But don't throw around labels like asinine and lazy. That makes you look like a mean person. Maybe projection is your argument style?
You're using a lot of words while going nowhere. Your previous comment, which was full of typos and extremely difficult to understand, was talking about Candace in reply to my comment that you quoted that had nothing to do with Candace. It was in reference to the video with Steven and his wife. If you're going to provide arguments, at least quote the right comment or argue on topic for the quote, hence lazy and asinine.

Now, assuming your reply will actually be on topic to my response here, my words said that Candace was no better than Steven. I never claimed who was worse. So, people can make their own judgements and compare the facts of Candace inserting herself in another's marriage and contract dealings, and that several years ago she released childrens' personal information for anyone to find online because she can't handle someone saying mean words to her to the facts of Steven treating employees and wife poorly and bringing people into the mix of his divorce by publicly commenting on it live on his show.
They are both petty, obsessed megalomaniacs and that was the entirety of my original point about Candace relishing the chance to be a mean girl, which wasn't even to you, but to someone else who didn't seem to know Candace has some evil moments herself.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

He's obviously super controlling potentially to an abusive degree. In the video he talks to his wife like an angry father talks to a disappointed son, in this super condescending way, and he talks that way to his employees and coworkers too. There's that thing recently with dave landau, and how he freaked out on bryan callen (who's also a total weirdo) for doing a quick video promo leading up to the normal show, which is a normal reasonable thing to do otherwise.

Crowder obviously thinks his fans are really dumb, and expects them to gobble up every lie and fib. the whole fiasco with daily wire really shows this. I wonder what people like shadiversity (who is active LDS) think now, after having defended him so hard.

All in all, if I had to guess, crowder seems borderline psycho to me. He's also probably a homosexual, if not a tranny chaser. He's also addicted to stimulants in combination with heart issues. Overall, I think the guy has problems, and like how others have already said, put none of these people on a pedestal. You never know who they really are, and a lot of them are pretty bad.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

It is a good lesson for shad's ego. Not everyone their ego likes is... well, you know. Implicitly that also means when your ego doesn't like someone, as in this thread, one should question why.

"He's also probably a homosexual, if not a tranny chaser."

People say this I now hear, but where is their evidence I wonder? Is this a feeling they get from watching him for decades or something else?
abijah wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:30 pm He's obviously super controlling potentially to an abusive degree. In the video he talks to his wife like an angry father talks to a disappointed son, in this super condescending way, and he talks that way to his employees and coworkers too. There's that thing recently with dave landau, and how he freaked out on bryan callen (who's also a total weirdo) for doing a quick video promo leading up to the normal show, which is a normal reasonable thing to do otherwise.

Crowder obviously thinks his fans are really dumb, and expects them to gobble up every lie and fib. the whole fiasco with daily wire really shows this. I wonder what people like shadiversity (who is active LDS) think now, after having defended him so hard.

All in all, if I had to guess, crowder seems borderline psycho to me. He's also probably a homosexual, if not a tranny chaser. He's also addicted to stimulants in combination with heart issues. Overall, I think the guy has problems, and like how others have already said, put none of these people on a pedestal. You never know who they really are, and a lot of them are pretty bad.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:44 pm It is a good lesson for shad's ego. Not everyone their ego likes is... well, you know. Implicitly that also means when your ego doesn't like someone, as in this thread, one should question why.
I hadn't really considered that ego might've been a factor with shad, but yeah I could see that. Granted, I think he's a probably a great guy, when I commented how a lot of "content creators" aren't always what they seem, I don't think that applies with him.

I remember watching a stream when that was going down, and shad came on impromptu to debate it and seemed at the time he was just naive and defending crowder based on superficial level reasons. It is kinda odd he wasn't a little more skeptical, shad has a huge amount of subscribers and often collaborates with other creators often, one would think he'd be a bit more clued in about how this industry works and how people who're in it are like. Though i also recall various people possibly appearing to get on crowder's good side, because one of the things he talked about in his video against daily wire was that he was gonna start his own network, where presumably the creators would get "fair contracts", and I wondered to myself whether his most ardent defenders were speaking from a place of genuineness, or if they were perhaps jockeying for a place in crowder's supposed future enterprise. Like nick rekieta for example, who, as a lawyer really should've seen through the flimsiness of crowder's reasons, especially from a legal standpoint, but he still defended him totally, possibly to appeal to crowder's good graces. I also watched destiny's reaction to rekieta's take, and found his assessment of the situation to be much more sapient. There's great value in listening to people one generally disagrees with or is ideologically opposed for the freshness of an outside perspective, especially w/ situations like this.
Ymarsakar wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:44 pm"He's also probably a homosexual, if not a tranny chaser."

People say this I now hear, but where is their evidence I wonder? Is this a feeling they get from watching him for decades or something else?
yeah, i was speaking pretty flippantly in my post, obviously I don't know this stuff for a certainty, but the theory that crowder isnt heterosexual seems to ring true (but perhaps not). I think I heard he needed IVF to have his kids?