World Chess tied with 2 games left

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

World Chess tied with 2 games left

Post by Fred »

https://www.chessclub.com/article/world ... ship-match

ICC will relay the games LIVE on its platform. chessclub.com
GM Alex Yermolinsky and GM Miguel Illescas will publish video recaps in the rest days.
ICC will publish an article every day after the game, with the moves in PGN format that you can download.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: World Chess tied with 2 games left

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Really need to introduce them to the super cool chess boards I build that will make their game even more enjoyable. I bet I could even give a person an edge playing on a board that causes some of their right brain to tingle and come up with some creative strategies. πŸ€”πŸ€“πŸ₯³

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑April 26th, 2023, 3:05 pm Really need to introduce them to the super cool chess boards I build that will make their game even more enjoyable. I bet I could even give a person an edge playing on a board that causes some of their right brain to tingle and come up with some creative strategies. πŸ€”πŸ€“πŸ₯³
I will buy one. Tell me how much and where to send the money.

Post a picture. I'm not the only chess player.

Put up a website. Take PayPal. Play online and post an ad in your profile.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Fred wrote: ↑April 26th, 2023, 3:07 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑April 26th, 2023, 3:05 pm Really need to introduce them to the super cool chess boards I build that will make their game even more enjoyable. I bet I could even give a person an edge playing on a board that causes some of their right brain to tingle and come up with some creative strategies. πŸ€”πŸ€“πŸ₯³

I would love to build you one. If you are serious let me know your favorite colors or if you want a theme like BYU vs UofU or flyfishing or something like that!
I agree, I do need a website or another etsy store. I'll at least take some good pictures and start a thread in the "exchange" area on the forum.

I played chess as a kid because my parents built pewter chess sets. My mother sculpted the pieces out of wax and my stepdad cast them in pewter using the lost-wax method, in a big centrifugal casting machine. Their stuff was a bit different than mine - my boards and pieces are resin, and I build a wood frame the boards.

I never learned that trick though where you can win the whole game in 4 moves! My brother and I had some good chess fights though... :lol: :twisted:

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑April 26th, 2023, 5:18 pm
Fred wrote: ↑April 26th, 2023, 3:07 pm

I would love to build you one. If you are serious let me know your favorite colors or if you want a theme like BYU vs UofU or flyfishing or something like that!
I agree, I do need a website or another etsy store. I'll at least take some good pictures and start a thread in the "exchange" area on the forum.

I played chess as a kid because my parents built pewter chess sets. My mother sculpted the pieces out of wax and my stepdad cast them in pewter using the lost-wax method, in a big centrifugal casting machine. Their stuff was a bit different than mine - my boards and pieces are resin, and I build a wood frame the boards.

I never learned that trick though where you can win the whole game in 4 moves! My brother and I had some good chess fights though... :lol: :twisted:
Beige or cream and brown. I don't like fancy stuff. Some people have men that look like fighters. I don't like distractions. I want everything to be normal as an official tournament. I don't need the pieces. Just the board.

I can register you a domain name and pay the first year (around $10) and build you a site with an open source store so you don't have any fees, except hosting, although etsy will get more traffic unless you promote it.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Ding Liren, the Chinese Numero Uno, is the 17th World Champion!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

This is the one where magnus carlson did not enter? He is like semi retired champion?

"An epic collapse at the highest stage, but Nepo didn't get discouraged, and the next year he became a rare repeat victor of a Candidate Tournament , with one round to spare and finishing with the highest-ever score of +5 (9.5/14) in the modern era. This outstanding performance showed a marked improvement in Ian's qualities as a competitor. He won the games when chances presented themselves and kept his emotions in check throughout the event."

Nepo the DOTA gamer was used to getting trash talked by teenagers in dota, so obviously he would not be discouraged by a mere chess match between gentlemen.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Send me a challenge. I'm war_on_64 at chess.com.