Joseph had received numerous heavenly visitors but this was one of Cowdery's first visions.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Joseph had received numerous heavenly visitors but this was one of Cowdery's first visions.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

The Prophet left specific record that on May 15, 1829 John the Baptist appeared and conferred Aaronic Priesthood keys and authority upon Joseph and Oliver Cowdery besides Josephs brief account describing this visitation Oliver Cowdery also left his written testimony of that event significantly by the time john the baptist appeared Joseph had received numerous heavenly visitors but this was one of Cowdery's first visions when Cowdery wrote about the incident five years later his words still expressed exhilaration and spiritual elation the Vail was parted and the Angel of God came down clothed with glory and delivered the anxiously looked for message he wrote what joy what wonder what amazement our eyes beheld our ears heard then his voice though mild pierced to the center and his wordsI I am thy fellow servant dispelled every fear we listened we gazed we admired twas the voice of the angel from glory twas a message from the most high and as we heard we rejoiced while his love enkindled upon our souls and we were wrapped in the vision of the Almighty the assurance that we were in the presence of an angel is to me past description and I shall ever look upon this expression of the Saviors goodness with wonder and thanksgiving, Joseph Smith history 1839 in Jessee Papers reprinted in History of the Church 121, 22https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/vie ... text=byusq