AI wins photo contest

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

AI wins photo contest

Post by Fred »

https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-771670-1.html
"German photographer Boris Eldagsen won the creative open category at last week's Sony World Photography Award with the AI-generated image. Eldagsen claims he entered the photo to test the competition and to drive a conversation about the future of photography."

Along the same lines, AI has been imitating professional singers. For good or for bad, AI is here to stay. I suspect "bad" is going to win.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: AI wins photo contest

Post by Niemand »

AI can write bad poetry, by blending together elements of other poems, but not understanding the rules or sensibilities of good poets. I've yet to see a decent AI poem... but I have seen AI poems that were better than the bog-standard poems that many people produce.

Same with the artificial paintings... it's making paintings that meet people's low standards, but nothing quite classic. Its better paintings are based on elements of good paintings but it lacks something.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: AI wins photo contest

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

No need for individual human thought and emotion to create artwork anymore. Flush us artists in the toilet and park the automated art machine next to the automated pizza maker machine. :x :( :cry: