Wild Asparagus - A gardening and spirituality Substack (blog)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Wild Asparagus - A gardening and spirituality Substack (blog)

Post by Seed Starter »

Hey everyone, I thought I'd introduce you all to my newsletter called Wild Asparagus. I've been writing every week for a few months now. I discuss soil biology, compost, spiritual lessons learned through growing food, etc. Here is something I wrote earlier this year to give you an idea of what it's all about:

https://escapevelocity1.substack.com/p/ ... the-garden

It's free to subscribe. If you sign up you'll get one newsletter per week in your inbox. There are many how-to gardening blogs but this is a little different. I write about why more than how. The why will help you with the how. I'd love to have some of your participation there. I know many of you know and love gardening. Some of you may love it soon :)

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Re: Wild Asparagus - A gardening and spirituality Substack (blog)

Post by Momma J »

A true blessing! I am fairly successful in the garden, but I know very little about soil biology. Looking forward to a much better understanding.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Momma J wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:05 am A true blessing! I am fairly successful in the garden, but I know very little about soil biology. Looking forward to a much better understanding.
I hope you enjoy it. I'll be learning right along with you. I know enough to know what I don't know :) Gardening sure is a testimony builder.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Gardening and planting things as an activity is really good for the soul i think. Always puts me in the right mindset. I wish I had better circumstances to garden more this spring.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I've posted the link to your asparagus growing post on a UK Faecebook group. The group is about emergency preparedness and we discuss gardening and wild plants on there too. I'll put a few more of your posts on there over the coming weeks. I enjoy your writing.
abijah wrote: April 19th, 2023, 2:12 pm Gardening and planting things as an activity is really good for the soul i think. Always puts me in the right mindset. I wish I had better circumstances to garden more this spring.
I know several people who"ve had psychological issues who've really been helped by gardening therapy.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

abijah wrote: April 19th, 2023, 2:12 pm Gardening and planting things as an activity is really good for the soul i think. Always puts me in the right mindset. I wish I had better circumstances to garden more this spring.
I agree. Before we started the garden back up I spent far too much time inside. I hope circumstances allow you to garden more. I grow a lot indoors as well which might be a good way for you to grow a little. BTW, your avatar is hypnotizing :lol:

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Niemand wrote: April 19th, 2023, 4:27 pm I've posted the link to your asparagus growing post on a UK Faecebook group. The group is about emergency preparedness and we discuss gardening and wild plants on there too. I'll put a few more of your posts on there over the coming weeks. I enjoy your writing.
I know several people who"ve had psychological issues who've really been helped by gardening therapy.
I truly appreciate your help and your kind words. As a new writer, it certainly helps my confidence. I have a lot to say:)

zionbuilder
captain of 100

Post by zionbuilder »

Connecting and grounding with the earth really is healing.

That being said, Momma J, I bet there are some gardening groups in your area that you can connect with and meet. Check your local library if you're not a Facebook fan. But they usually meet monthly and will help with testing your soil and helping you to know what to grow in your area and then how to improve the soil. There might even be a community garden... 😊

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

I just published a new edition if you'd like to check it out.
https://escapevelocity1.substack.com/p/ ... wing?sd=pf

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Here's my latest post:
Vern's Garden
Rattlesnake for supper
https://escapevelocity1.substack.com/p/verns-garden

I hope you like it ;)

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Seed Starter wrote: May 12th, 2023, 12:57 pm Here's my latest post:
Vern's Garden
Rattlesnake for supper
https://escapevelocity1.substack.com/p/verns-garden

I hope you like it ;)
I saw my first snake of the year today. It wasn't a rattler. I let it live.