A place of discussion

Tell us about yourself...
Telavian
captain of 1,000

A place of discussion

Post by Telavian »

Hello. I have lurked on here for a while, but only posted once I think.

I was a standard Mormon until a bit before covid and then covid was a huge red flag for me.
My story made the rounds here a while back on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=70293

I now have a personal blog, my Simply Scriptures project, and YouTube channel where I discuss Mormonism related topics.
I personally really like the LDS church and agree with the basics of the restoration. However, I think after Kirtland the church slowly went downhill and lost the fulness.

My biggest Mormonism inspirations:
1. Avraham Gileadi - I love how he has made Isaiah accessible and the Davidic Servant concept.
2. Iron Rod Podcast - This has been a great thing to listen to and digest. I think I have listened to their episodes 3 or 4 times each.
3. Teaching for Doctrines the Commandments of Men, by Rob Smith - This book was great to help me realize I wasn't going crazy. I really like Rob, but think to a large degree he is a sort of false prophet now.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: A place of discussion

Post by creator »

Telavian wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:12 amI was a standard Mormon until a bit before covid and then covid was a huge red flag for me.
That seems to describe a lot of gospel-believing Mormons these days, especially here on LDSFF.

Thanks for sharing.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Telavian wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:12 am Hello. I have lurked on here for a while, but only posted once I think.

I was a standard Mormon until a bit before covid and then covid was a huge red flag for me.
My story made the rounds here a while back on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=70293

I now have a personal blog, my Simply Scriptures project, and YouTube channel where I discuss Mormonism related topics.
I personally really like the LDS church and agree with the basics of the restoration. However, I think after Kirtland the church slowly went downhill and lost the fulness.

1. Avraham Gileadi - I love how he has made Isaiah accessible and the Davidic Servant concept.
2. Iron Rod Podcast - This has been a great thing to listen to and digest. I think I have listened to their episodes 3 or 4 times each.
3. Teaching for Doctrines the Commandments of Men, by Rob Smith - This book was great to help me realize I wasn't going crazy. I really like Rob, but think to a large degree he is a sort of false prophet now.
Many folks here with similar thoughts, opinions, and experiences.
Welcome, glad to have you around. I've found good heartfelt fellowship here on LDSFF πŸ‘

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

One small step for man, one giant leap down a rabbit hole for Telavian. πŸ˜‚

Welcome

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Welcome. I’ve been watching your YouTube channel and have read a few of your posts. I’m sure you know a couple of videos have been posted here.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Hi Tela. Just wanted to say that they did you a big favor by kicking you out. Now you are free, truly free. Just a kick in the can from Godhead.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

creator wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:26 am
Telavian wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:12 amI was a standard Mormon until a bit before covid and then covid was a huge red flag for me.
That seems to describe a lot of gospel-believing Mormons these days, especially here on LDSFF.

Thanks for sharing.
Like attracts like. Separation of goats and sheep.

Fight for the right
captain of 100

Post by Fight for the right »

I live in Canada. A country that has been great and proud and good. We are now being run by a prime minister that is ruining her to put it mildly. Every dark thing that one can think of he promotes as good. A leader in assisted suicide with the maid bill soon to be extended to include mentally challenged and depressed. Abortion to full term and inviting women from the states to come here for abortions after roe v Wade was overturned. Supports children changing their sexes. Censorship bill. Taking our guns away. Jailing those at peacefully protests and freezing bank accounts. Just to name a few. He's a communist. But you know what. I still call myself a Canadian and I'm not leaving. I'll fight any way I can against these bunch of weak men and women who are being run by China and Satan.
I have problems with the leadership in the church and I've made it quite clear, I'm not leaving. It's still Jesus Christ's Church. Man may defile it but I'm sticking to the basics that I have known to be true and rely on the Holy Spirit as my guide. No one will change my mind unless it's Christ himself and so far he hasn't.
Last edited by Fight for the right on April 11th, 2023, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Telavian wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:12 am Hello. I have lurked on here for a while, but only posted once I think.

I sure wish that somehow there would be a live discussion forum where I could meet everyone here and express my appreciation for you all. I too thought I was going nuts as I awoke. But have found it so satisfying to read my thoughts coming out of someone else’s head!
Welcome Telavian! I’ll check out your materials.
God bless.

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

Ymarsakar wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 2:44 pm Hi Tela. Just wanted to say that they did you a big favor by kicking you out. Now you are free, truly free. Just a kick in the can from Godhead.
I do feel that God is using the evil works of men against them to wake people up.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Fight for the right wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 4:15 pm I live in Canada. A country that has been great and proud and good. We are now being run by a prime minister that is ruining her to put it mildly. Every dark thing that one can think of he promotes as good. A leader in assisted suicide with the bill maid bill soon to be extended to include mentally challenged and depressed. Abortion to full term and inviting women from the states to come here for abortions after roe v Wade was overturned. Supports children changing their sexes. Censorship bill. Taking our guns away. Jailing those at peacefully protests and freezing bank accounts. Just to name a few. He's a communist. But you know what. I still call myself a Canadian and I'm not leaving. I'll fight any way I can against these bunch of weak men and women who are being run by China and Satan.
I have problems with the leadership in the church and I've made it quite clear, I'm not leaving. It's still Jesus Christ's Church. May may defile it but I'm sticking to the basics that I have known to be true and rely on the Holy Spirit as my guide. No one will change my mind unless it's Christ himself and so far he hasn't.
Hey FFTR, good to see you. "Defiled" is an interesting description...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Telavian, good to see you on the forum. If you've been a lurker... then I probably don't need to introduce myself. Glad I could help instigate your emergence here in a small way. πŸ˜‰

We're all learning at our own pace. Letting go and trusting in God has been a fascinating journey.

See you around!
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on April 11th, 2023, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Fight for the right wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 4:15 pm I live in Canada. A country that has been great and proud and good. We are now being run by a prime minister that is ruining her to put it mildly. Every dark thing that one can think of he promotes as good. A leader in assisted suicide with the bill maid bill soon to be extended to include mentally challenged and depressed. Abortion to full term and inviting women from the states to come here for abortions after roe v Wade was overturned. Supports children changing their sexes. Censorship bill. Taking our guns away. Jailing those at peacefully protests and freezing bank accounts. Just to name a few. He's a communist. But you know what. I still call myself a Canadian and I'm not leaving. I'll fight any way I can against these bunch of weak men and women who are being run by China and Satan.
I have problems with the leadership in the church and I've made it quite clear, I'm not leaving. It's still Jesus Christ's Church. May may defile it but I'm sticking to the basics that I have known to be true and rely on the Holy Spirit as my guide. No one will change my mind unless it's Christ himself and so far he hasn't.
I feel for you Canuckistans right now, BIG TIME. I certainly never expected Canada to take the path they did in 2020....but at least the overlords running it revealed their true colors and now we know they're not to be trusted. Period.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Believe it or not, this is how it is supposed to work. The Christ, so to speak, is telepathically communicating with many people in different positions.

So if you are ordered to stay, that is part of the Divine Plan. And when others are forced out, that is also part of the Divine Plan. Satans are not more powerful than the Most High after all.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Telavian wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 11:12 am
… after Kirtland the church slowly went downhill and lost the fulness.

1. Avraham Gileadi - I love how he has made Isaiah accessible and the Davidic Servant concept …
The pious fraud includes elements, if not all of the First Vision.

The DS is no longer merely a concept; he was posting here, and still keeps tabs on the place.

:mrgreen: Down, but not hill.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑April 11th, 2023, 5:30 pm
I feel for you Canuckistans right now, BIG TIME. I certainly never expected Canada to take the path they did in 2020....but at least the overlords running it revealed their true colors and now we know they're not to be trusted. Period.
Is Canada Cush in Isaiah? My heart bleeds for you Canadians- I had three Canadian companions back in the day- wonderful brothers.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I noticed you mentioned the temple endowment (recommend questions in particular) in one of your YT videos and wasn't sure if you've ever read my thread on the Nemenhah Records. All of the things I have problems w/ the LDS endowment are missing or omitted in the Nemenhah endowment. In fact, what is taught is expounded upon many times over from the LDS version. All of the ordinances were taught to their children from the time they were young. And, I imagine, the temple recommend process was quite simple:

1. you were taught the basic outline of the plan of salvation, which included Elohim, the Godhead (and each of their roles), and then Adam and Eve, to whom we are in a likeness of.

2. Then you are taught the depth and breadth of the ordinances, and, if you agree, you make the covenants.

Pretty simple. No 15 questions and swearing an oath to man.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

viewtopic.php?t=69075&hilit=Nemenhah+Record This is the link to that discussion in question, I believe

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 8:47 am I noticed you mentioned the temple endowment (recommend questions in particular) in one of your YT videos and wasn't sure if you've ever read my thread on the Nemenhah Records. All of the things I have problems w/ the LDS endowment are missing or omitted in the Nemenhah endowment. In fact, what is taught is expounded upon many times over from the LDS version. All of the ordinances were taught to their children from the time they were young. And, I imagine, the temple recommend process was quite simple:

1. you were taught the basic outline of the plan of salvation, which included Elohim, the Godhead (and each of their roles), and then Adam and Eve, to whom we are in a likeness of.

2. Then you are taught the depth and breadth of the ordinances, and, if you agree, you make the covenants.

Thanks. I have never heard of that, but will research it.
I think there is a lot of truth in the LDS endowment, however I have a hard time accepting that it is required to return to God or that I need it to give angels secret passcodes.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Telavian wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 10:37 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 8:47 am I noticed you mentioned the temple endowment (recommend questions in particular) in one of your YT videos and wasn't sure if you've ever read my thread on the Nemenhah Records. All of the things I have problems w/ the LDS endowment are missing or omitted in the Nemenhah endowment. In fact, what is taught is expounded upon many times over from the LDS version. All of the ordinances were taught to their children from the time they were young. And, I imagine, the temple recommend process was quite simple:

I think there is a lot of truth in the LDS endowment, however I have a hard time accepting that it is required to return to God or that I need it to give angels secret passcodes.
I did a brief intro to the records here on my website: https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/nemenhah-records

Their endowment was not "required". In fact, they talk about several other societies that worshipped similarly to them, but slightly different. These people's form of worship was just as acceptable to the Lord. It was the intent behind the manner of worship that was important. And there are no secret passcodes. As I noted earlier, all of the temple endowment was taught to their children from the time they were young.

The purpose of the temple was to teach Christ's gospel and the manner in which covenants align with his gospel. This knowledge, and the living of covenants, became an "endowment" unto them. These gifts allowed them to part the veil and receive their own personal witness of Christ.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 10:46 am
Telavian wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 10:37 am

I did a brief intro to the records here on my website: https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/nemenhah-records

Their endowment was not "required". In fact, they talk about several other societies that worshipped similarly to them, but slightly different. These people's form of worship was just as acceptable to the Lord. It was the intent behind the manner of worship that was important. And there are no secret passcodes. As I noted earlier, all of the temple endowment was taught to their children from the time they were young.

The purpose of the temple was to teach Christ's gospel and the manner in which covenants align with his gospel. This knowledge, and the living of covenants, became an "endowment" unto them. These gifts allowed them to part the veil and receive their own personal witness of Christ.
The temple is the human body, thus each individual already has a temple and that was why they could still obtain verification during Smith's days.

Did the LDS brethren once speak of this but then just stop utilizing the concept? Or is the physical stake/temple some other concept, such as bringing Zion down to Earth.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Ymarsakar wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 10:52 am The temple is the human body, thus each individual already has a temple and that was why they could still obtain verification during Smith's days.

Did the LDS brethren once speak of this but then just stop utilizing the concept? Or is the physical stake/temple some other concept, such as bringing Zion down to Earth.
I agree. Our bodies are the temples that house our Spirits while in this mortality. But, that doesn't negate the idea that we can perform ordinances that align with Christ's gospel. Jesus frequently teaches about the importance of making and keeping covenants. If we were taught correct principles and entered into them via correct ordinances, it would be an amazing blessing to either an individual or a group of individuals.

As far as the LDS church, I don't look to their example as to how I garner truth in this matter. In many instances, they are an example of what *not* to do. Zion must be built upon true and exalting principles, those contained within Christ's doctrine.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

Welcome Telavian! I can relate very closely to your story. I live (for 2 more weeks) in New Mexico and we had some of the same level of idiotic mandates and behaviors from Gov, Church, Society and Church members. I was already struggling with some of the behaviors of the church before COVID, but COVID answered so many questions and prayers of mine. God is great though, and he's provided me a way to move to a less mandate-happy location. I'll be officially in a "Red" state in 3 weeks and living more in the country instead of in a city. I'm pretty stoked! Thanks for joining the discussions. I look forward to your insights.

Geoff

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Thanks, you are a light shining in darkness.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

LateOutOfBed wrote: ↑April 12th, 2023, 1:14 pm Welcome Telavian! I can relate very closely to your story. I live (for 2 more weeks) in New Mexico and we had some of the same level of idiotic mandates and behaviors from Gov, Church, Society and Church members. I was already struggling with some of the behaviors of the church before COVID, but COVID answered so many questions and prayers of mine. God is great though, and he's provided me a way to move to a less mandate-happy location. I'll be officially in a "Red" state in 3 weeks and living more in the country instead of in a city. I'm pretty stoked! Thanks for joining the discussions. I look forward to your insights.

Geoff
Happy for you hermano πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ it's worth it!!!