❝New Zealand ex-PM Ardern becomes trustee of Prince William's Earthshot Prize❞ 7 日前

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

❝New Zealand ex-PM Ardern becomes trustee of Prince William's Earthshot Prize❞ 7 日前

Post by sushi_chef »

"April 4, 2023
LONDON, April 4 (Reuters) - Britain's Prince William has named Jacinda Ardern, the former prime minister of New Zealand, as a new trustee for his multi-million pound environmental award, the Earthshot Prize.

William, heir to throne, set up the prize in 2020 with the mission of finding solutions to the planet's biggest environmental problems through new technologies and ideas.

Ardern joins Earthshot's board of trustees as it gears up to select finalists for the 2023 award. Last year, five winners were each awarded 1 million pounds ($1.24 million) at a ceremony in Boston, United States.
"
https://www.reuters.com/business/enviro ... 023-04-04/

"Prince William taps former New Zealand PM for major new role
Jacinda Arden said she felt ‘very lucky’ to be involved in the Prince of Wales’ pet project.
Updated 6 days ago
Prince William has tapped his friend Jacinda Ardern for a seat on the board of his conservation initiative, the Earthshot Prize.

The former New Zealand prime minister has been appointed by the Prince of Wales as a trustee of the prize, which aims to find solutions to the world’s biggest environmental challenges.

Ardern said she felt “very lucky” to work with William, a personal friend, to whom she spoke about Earthshot before he formed the multi-million dollar prize.

“I think we can demonstrate to the next generation that there is cause to feel hopeful for our future if we accelerate and support those innovators,” she told Newshub.

“That’s what Earthshot does.

“So I’m really proud to be a part of the board.”

Posting an announcement on the appointment, Prince William said Ardern had a “lifelong commitment to supporting sustainable and environmental solutions” that would bring a “rich infusion of new thinking to our mission.”

“Her life-long commitment to sustainable development & climate action align powerfully with our ambition to protect and restore our planet by 2030,” he said. “We’re honoured she joins us in this new role.”

In a statement, Ardern said: “Since its inception, I’ve believed Earthshot’s power to encourage and spread not only the innovation we desperately need, but also optimism.”

Ardern will also continue her own work on her flagship foreign policy, accepting an appointment as special envoy for the Christchurch Call.

The Christchurch Call is an international organisation which brings together countries and tech companies to eliminate online extremism.

It was founded by New Zealand and France, with Ardern working with French President Emmanuel Macron, after the 2019 Christchurch Mosques massacre.

Announcing her appointment on Tuesday, Prime Minister Chris Hipkins said, “We owe it to those who lost their lives on 15 March 2019 to continue our work to ensure there is no place for terrorist and violent extremist content online”.

The Call’s focus comes as the Christchurch Mosques terrorist - Australian man Brenton Tarrant - was radicalised online and live-streamed his murders on Facebook.

Ardern unveiled the two roles on Tuesday as she gave her final interviews before ending her 15-year political career.

She told TVNZ she had no regrets but there are things she would have done differently.

“If you can’t reflect back in that way then you’re never learning,” she said.

“Five years probably felt more like nine just because of what we all went through as a nation.

“I will miss the people ... I’ll miss my colleagues, they’re wonderful people.

“But I won’t miss the weight, because it is heavy.”
"
https://7news.com.au/entertainment/roya ... c-10251872

william appoints jacinda
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=william+appoi ... =h_&ia=web

"Telling us that Jacinda Ardern has a bright future"

"SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spoke Monday about his meeting with New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

President Nelson praised the young prime minister and said she has a bright future.

“She’s a leader,” he said. “She’s courageous. We’re very impressed with her.”

“I think the world will discover they’ve got a real leader here,” President Nelson added.

Ardern gained international attention after the horrific terror attacks on two New Zealand mosques, which killed 51 people.

President Nelson also announced The Church would make contributions to those mosques to help repair the damage.
"
https://ksltv.com/414428/president-nels ... er-ardern/

illuminatic elite president nelson's prophetic statement .. has just been realized.
:arrow:

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Re: ❝New Zealand ex-PM Ardern becomes trustee of Prince William's Earthshot Prize❞ 7 日前

Post by HVDC »

Gads praising Gads.

LOL.

Sir H