Pres. Nelson checks off another last times event

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ampeterlin
captain of 100

Re: Pres. Nelson checks off another last times event

Post by ampeterlin »

I should have been more specific. Where are the scripture for the current temple ordinances being practiced the way they are?

Thanks in advance.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

ampeterlin wrote: April 5th, 2023, 9:56 am I should have been more specific. Where are the scripture for the current temple ordinances being practiced the way they are?

Thanks in advance.
No need to be that specific, what is the scriptural support for the temple ordinances the way they have ever been?

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

ampeterlin wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:18 pm If Jesus came to fulfill the law, does that mean everything in the Old Testament is done away with, or just the blood sacrifice?

What about since the veil was torn in the temple. Doesn't that mean we have access to Him directly and individually, without anything in between?

Where are the commandments in the scriptures to get your endowment and sealing?

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's a commandment as much as it is received by your own agency. Here are some scriptures and thoughts on the endowment found at lds.org. Also, the veil was torn in the 'temple.'
In a general sense, a gift of power from God. Worthy members of the Church can receive a gift of power through ordinances in the temple that gives them the instruction and covenants of the Holy Priesthood that they need in order to attain exaltation. The endowment includes instruction about the plan of salvation. There you shall be endowed with power from on high, D&C 38:32, 38 (Luke 24:49; D&C 43:16). Build a house, in the which house I design to endow those whom I have chosen, D&C 95:8. I have prepared a great endowment and blessing, D&C 105:12, 18, 33. Many shall rejoice because of the endowment with which my servants have been endowed, D&C 110:9. Glory, honor, and endowment are ordained by the ordinance of my holy house, D&C 124:39. Those called of the Father, as was Aaron, are endowed with keys of the priesthood, D&C 132:59.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:48 am
ampeterlin wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:18 pm If Jesus came to fulfill the law, does that mean everything in the Old Testament is done away with, or just the blood sacrifice?

What about since the veil was torn in the temple. Doesn't that mean we have access to Him directly and individually, without anything in between?

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's a commandment as much as it is received by your own agency. Here are some scriptures and thoughts on the endowment found at lds.org. Also, the veil was torn in the TEMPLE.
In a general sense, a gift of power from God. Worthy members of the Church can receive a gift of power through ordinances in the temple that gives them the instruction and covenants of the Holy Priesthood that they need in order to attain exaltation. The endowment includes instruction about the plan of salvation. There you shall be endowed with power from on high, D&C 38:32, 38 (Luke 24:49; D&C 43:16). Build a house, in the which house I design to endow those whom I have chosen, D&C 95:8. I have prepared a great endowment and blessing, D&C 105:12, 18, 33. Many shall rejoice because of the endowment with which my servants have been endowed, D&C 110:9. Glory, honor, and endowment are ordained by the ordinance of my holy house, D&C 124:39. Those called of the Father, as was Aaron, are endowed with keys of the priesthood, D&C 132:59.
At what point in changing of the ordinances do they lose their meaning and efficacy?

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:51 am

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's a commandment as much as it is received by your own agency. Here are some scriptures and thoughts on the endowment found at lds.org. Also, the veil was torn in the TEMPLE.
At what point does changing of the ordinances do they lose their meaning and efficacy?
I was only addressing Ampertlins question on the endowment.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:53 am

At what point does changing of the ordinances do they lose their meaning and efficacy?
Ok, but does this make my question any less valid?

I ask this because I do not see any increase in earthly or mortal "power" that comes from these endowments that are promised.

Bonus question, are they any unrighteous mechanisms that are currently blocking perfectly worthy members from receiving these ordinances?
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on April 5th, 2023, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:58 am

Speaking from my own experience I don't believe they've lost their validity and because it is literally the Lord's house I can feel the spirit stronger in the temple than anywhere else.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Speaking from my own experience I don't believe they've lost their validity and because it is literally the Lord's house I can feel the spirit stronger in the temple than anywhere else.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

I ask this because I do not see any increase in earthly or mortal "power" that comes from these endowments that are promised.

Bonus question, are they any unrighteous mechanisms that are currently blocking perfectly worthy members from receiving these ordinances?
Maybe that depends where you're looking or what your specifically looking for.
I personally have seen miracles including a miraculous healing for one of my children after a Priesthood blessing but that's not all it entails. I believe it also grants extra strengthening power, comforting power, power to withstand the devil, power to better discern berween truth and error, and power to help us overcome our individual sins all of which I have personally experienced.
In answer to your other question, no I don't believe so.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:12 am

I personally have seen miracles including a miraculous healing for one of my children after a Priesthood blessing but that's not all it entails. I believe it also grants extra strengthening power, comforting power, power to withstand the devil, power to better discern berween truth and error, and power to help us overcome our individual sins all of which I have personally experienced.
If that's true, why are our church leaders, who supposedly have this endowment of increased power, joining us with secret combinations, changing ordinances, and the very doctrines of Jesus Christ?

The miracles you speak of are not limited to the LDS church. The mechanism that allows that is faith in Jesus Christ.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

I think it's important to remember that miraculous healings take place in many other churches. Even members of that "church of the devil" report miracles and healings as do members of churches like Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh day Adventists. It is not the Priesthood that brings about a miraculous healing, but faith in Christ is the real "power". Having said that, I've never seen anyone grow a new leg or recover from stage 4 cancer or rise from the dead. I think those powers are not on the earth at this time despite what we like to believe. The ability to discern truth from error is an interesting "blessing" as this does not seem to be one given to the leaders of our Church. Even my favorite Prophet, Pres. Hinckley, was tricked by Mark Hofmann, and we have our current Prophet, Pres. Nelson, who was tricked by the CDC and others into supporting that so-called vaccine.

ampeterlin
captain of 100

Post by ampeterlin »

The reason I am asking is due to the marriage of Freemasonry within the temple rites.

Where do we have the Lord's word saying that these rites are needed to have communion with Him?

Although I believe anyone could meet the Lord in the temple, I also believe you can meet Him on a walk with your dogs.

It depends on your humility, meaning heart position with Him.

Here is what a colleague said to me last year when I said I am just grateful to be a servant in the Lord’s Kingdom: she said, "well I am planning to go to the Celestial Kingdom."

I stood in shock and awe at the hubris. I had no words. She is a smart lady, very active in the church and very nice. I was still shocked.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:52 am

If that's true, why are our church leaders, who supposedly have this endowment of increased power, joining us with secret combinations, changing ordinances, and the very doctrines of Jesus Christ?

The miracles you speak of are not limited to the LDS church. The mechanism that allows that is faith in Jesus Christ.
I don't limit miracles to the LDS church but there's only one place to receive the ordinances of the temple as the Lord has outlined in the scriptures and only one place and way to receive the endowment so if you believe it's unnecessary, or that there's another way, or that it's not really His house, or that they're not valid because of what someone else is doing, etc. I suppose you can take that up with Him.

As far as what decisions church leaders are making, I don't have to agree with everything that is happening and I'm not accountable for their decisions....
I will not point fingers and I believe the Lord will take care of all corruption in his time.
Last edited by Godislove on April 5th, 2023, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 12:34 pm

I don't limit miracles to the LDS church but there's only one place to receive the ordinances of the temple as the Lord has outlined in the scriptures and only one place to receive the endowmnet so if you believe it's unnecessary, or that there's another way, or that it's not really His house, or that they're not valid because of what someone else is doing, etc. I suppose you can take that up with Him.

As far as what decisions church leaders are making, I don't have to agree with everything that is happening and I'm not accountable for their decisions....
I will not point fingers and I believe the Lord will take care of all corruption in his time.
Personally, I would like to have the temple be 100% what Joseph Smith had instituted and instructed. Now, knowing what we all know about the false doctrine of "prophets can never lead the church astray", can we say for certain that what we have today is not perverted? I have seen that in many ways it has been. What I'm asking, is there a point to where these ordinances are changed and perverted so much, that it becomes meaningless before the Lord?

I have not seen an increased "power" in the church today. In fact, I've seen quite the opposite.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 12:39 pm

I don't limit miracles to the LDS church but there's only one place to receive the ordinances of the temple as the Lord has outlined in the scriptures and only one place to receive the endowmnet so if you believe it's unnecessary, or that there's another way, or that it's not really His house, or that they're not valid because of what someone else is doing, etc. I suppose you can take that up with Him.

Personally, I would like to have the temple be 100% what Joseph Smith had instituted and instructed. Now, knowing what we all know about the false doctrine of "prophets can never lead the church astray", can we say for certain that what we have today is not perverted? I have seen that in many ways it has been. What I'm asking, is there a point to where these ordinances are changed and perverted so much, that it becomes meaningless before the Lord?

I have not seen an increased "power" in the church today. In fact, I've seen quite the opposite.
I suppose the Lord would decide that, not us.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 12:50 pm

What if He already has? Thus, the reason why we see eunuchs running the church today?

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 12:54 pm

What if He already has? Thus, the reason why we see eunuchs running the church today?
The Church still holds the keys of the kingdom and will until they are handed over at AOA.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 1:02 pm

The Church still holds the keys of the kingdom and will until they are handed over at AOA.
They may have been ordained with keys, but that's still not a guarantee that they have power or authority. What does D&C 121 say about this very thing?

Bonus context: D&C 101:43-69

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 5th, 2023, 1:05 pm
Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 1:02 pm

They may have been ordained with keys, but that's still not a guarantee that they have power or authority. What does D&C 121 say about this very thing?
The necessary keys are what gives power and authority and was one of the sole purposes of the resoration. This is how baptism or any other ordinance is given...with the proper power and authority....due to the holding of the proper keys. I still believe the priesthood keys are with the church.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 1:51 pm Not sure why you all mock “ covenant path”. .
Because it is nowhere to be found in all of scripture. The "covenant path" is a counterfeit to the "straight and narrow path".

As if all the holy prophets, including the Savior, simply got it wrong and all the world had to wait until just a few years ago to finally have leaders inspired enough to listen for the correct term.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Godislove wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 2:17 pm In order to recieve the ordinances laid out in the scriptures above requires the essential keys and authority to do so which are only found within the LDS Church.
These essential keys of the Melchizedek Priesthood were taken when that priesthood was taken. We were left with only a lesser priesthood. The work still goes on, but without the higher priesthood.

Joseph was told by the Lord that the keys would stay with him in the next life. That means he took them with him. Why else do you think prophesying, seeing , and revealing have stopped?

BY and the 12 had the keys of the apostleship, but those are not the keys of the kingdom. That simply meant the apostleship could continue. They never were authorized to reform the First Presidency. They never had a revelation to do so.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Godislove wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:01 am I can feel the spirit stronger in the temple than anywhere else.
I can too, but that's because we take the spirit with us. We make that our appointed time to worship and because we do that, we feel the spirit. Nearly all practicing Muslims would say they feel the spirit in their Mosques.

I feel the spirit strongly when watching the Chosen, but that doesn't make all the things true that were added to the storyline.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Shawn Henry wrote: April 5th, 2023, 1:58 pm
Godislove wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 2:17 pm In order to recieve the ordinances laid out in the scriptures above requires the essential keys and authority to do so which are only found within the LDS Church.
These essential keys of the Melchizedek Priesthood were taken when that priesthood was taken. We were left with only a lesser priesthood. The work still goes on, but without the higher priesthood.

Joseph was told by the Lord that the keys would stay with him in the next life. That means he took them with him. Why else do you think prophesying, seeing , and revealing have stopped?

BY and the 12 had the keys of the apostleship, but those are not the keys of the kingdom. That simply meant the apostleship could continue. They never were authorized to reform the First Presidency. They never had a revelation to do so.
I very much disagree with your conclusion but due to lack of time, here are a couple of articles that sum it up quite well.
Below the links is a quote from one of the articles.

https://emp.byui.edu/satterfieldb/rel34 ... 20of%20Man.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

"When the Lord gave the keys of the kingdom of God, the keys of the Melchizedek Priesthood, of the apostleship, and sealed them upon the head of Joseph Smith, he sealed them upon his head to stay here upon the earth until the coming of the Son of Man. Well might Brigham Young say, “The keys of the kingdom of God are here.” They were with him to the day of his death. They then rested upon the head of another man -- President John Taylor. He held those keys to the hour of his death. They then fell by turn, or in the providence of God, upon Wilford Woodruff.

"I say to the Latter-day Saints, the keys of the kingdom of God are here, and they are going to stay here, too, until the coming of the Son of Man. Let all Israel understand that. They may not rest upon my head but a short time, but they will then rest on the head of another apostle, and another after him, and so continue until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ in the clouds of heaven to “reward every man according to the deeds done in the body.”

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's a commandment as much as it is received by your own agency. Here are some scriptures and thoughts on the endowment found at lds.org. Also, the veil was torn in the 'temple.'
A couple other scriptures to consider:

Section 124
Revelation given to Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Nauvoo, Illinois, January 19, 1841.

D&C 124:28 For there is not a place found on earth that he may come to and restore again that which was lost unto you, or which he hath taken away, even the fulness of the priesthood.
31 But I command you, all ye my saints, to build a house unto me; and I grant unto you a sufficient time to build a house unto me; and during this time your baptisms shall be acceptable unto me.
32 But behold, at the end of this appointment your baptisms for your dead shall not be acceptable unto me; and if you do not these things at the end of the appointment ye shall be rejected as a church, with your dead, saith the Lord your God.
34 For therein are the keys of the holy priesthood ordained, that you may receive honor and glory.
35 And after this time, your baptisms for the dead, by those who are scattered abroad, are not acceptable unto me, saith the Lord.

Verse 28 sates that the church had lost the fulness of the priesthood sometime between about 1834 and 1841. And that the Lord desired to come and “restore again” that which had been lost.
The remaining verses herein state that the Lord would give them a “sufficient time” to complete the Nauvoo temple and then they would be rejected as a church. Joseph and Hyrum left Nauvoo to head to a Carthage and the Nauvoo temple had not been completed. And was never completed. And then the Saints were scattered.

IMO the Lord will have to restore again the fulness of his priesthood through another “mighty and strong” - hopefully that is going to happen very soon.