The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Somewhere in my perusal of NDE experiences (from a thread here on the forum) I ran across this experience from Vincent Tolman. I don’t know if I could recommend it more highly. It really had quite a profound impact in how I see and perceive things. He was raised LDS in Utah County btw.

I’d suggest listening to this condensed version first, and then watch the expanded version which fills in some important details.
Here’s the extended version w/ some beautiful details. I think this is a great companion experience to the one shared by Amy Call:
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on April 2nd, 2023, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

Here is the Amazon link to his book:
https://www.amazon.com/Light-After-Deat ... 216&sr=8-1

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Here’s a brief overview of the 10 points he learned during his experience:

1. Learn how to be truly authentic. To be yourself whomever you are around. In this life we see the most authentic people are the very young and the very old.

2. Fully understanding the reason we are here. The reason we are here is to learn. To learn, to create, to embody love.

3. Love everyone. Because we are here to learn how to love.

4. Listen to your inner voice. Listen to the built in conscience or direction from our Creator. We have a sacred connection to the Creator.

5. Using technology responsibility. If we are so distracted by our access to technology, then we will not hear that inner voice.

6. Release prejudice. Even prejudice toward prejudice people. We need to release this to understand that all creation is divine.

7. Exercise the power of creation. It begins w/ our thoughts > habits > actions > character > destiny…control your thoughts. Choose what goes in your holy temple.

8. Avoid negative influences. Recognize when there is negative energy and call upon God.

9. Understanding that there is a purpose to evil. For there to be an up, there needs to be a down. Without evil there is no good, without good there is no evil.

10. Know that we are all one. Each one of us are creations of the Creator. We each carry that golden spark. To harm any part of creation is to harm God and to harm ourselves.

This is not comprehensive BTW, there were many more things he learned.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

One very short, yet interesting comment he made was about his experience in a heavenly realm. His guide, named Drake, showed him another heavenly place. It was a place (of lower frequency) for people who thought that only their path and belief system would lead them to God. It was that very belief that limited their ability to live with God.

Now, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I bet most of you can make an educated guess about which religions say that they are the ONLY path back to God….

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:38 pm One very short, yet interesting comment he made was about his experience in a heavenly realm. His guide, named Drake, showed him another heavenly place. It was a place (of lower frequency) for people who thought that only their path and belief system would lead them to God. It was that very belief that limited their ability to live with God.

Now, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I bet most of you can make an educated guess about which religions say that they are the ONLY path back to God….
Drake is an odd choice of name for a Heavenly Guide. As well as referring to a male duck, it's also an old English name for the Dragon (Draco).

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 4:46 am
Drake is an odd choice of name for a Heavenly Guide. As well as referring to a male duck, it's also an old English name for the Dragon (Draco).
If you watch the second video you'll understand why the name has significance. After his experience, he went to a family reunion in Afton WY. The town held a small reenactment of the history of the area and one of the founding members was this man. His middle initial was "D", and he was later informed that this man went by his middle name which was Drake. As part of this man's patriarchial blessing, he (Drake) was told that part of his mission was to be a guide to help people as they crossed the veil.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:22 am
If you watch the second video you'll understand why the name has significance. After his experience, he went to a family reunion in Afton WY. The town held a small reenactment of the history of the area and one of the founding members was this man. His middle initial was "D", and he was later informed that this man went by his middle name which was Drake. As part of this man's patriarchial blessing, he (Drake) was told that part of his mission was to be a guide to help people as they crossed the veil.
Maybe, but "Dragon" is an odd name for a guide in Heaven. The two other things which spring to mind are a Canadian "musician" and Sir Francis Drake, pirato inglés and hero of Elizabeth I's navy. He too was known to the Spanish as el Draque or the Dragon.

I'm sure genuine Christians have been called "Drake" but the name is ironic.
Last edited by Niemand on April 3rd, 2023, 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:30 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:22 am
Maybe, but "Dragon" is an odd name for a guide in Heaven. The two other things which spring to mind are a Canadian "musician" and Sir Francis Drake, pirato inglés and hero of Elizabeth I's navy.

I'm sure genuine Christians have been called "Drake" but the name is ironic.
See point #6 above. :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

It's not prejudice, it's stated plainly in Revelation that the Dragon was cast out of Heaven and who he is. Yes, we should note these things. The Devil is in the detail as the old saying goes, and this is a minor but major detail. We should not assume automatically that this was the same man who had just died.
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon [δράκων - drake] was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Last edited by Niemand on April 3rd, 2023, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:40 am It's not prejudice, it's stated plainly in Revelation that the Dragon was cast out of Heaven and who he is. Yes, we should note these things.
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon [δράκων - drake] was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
It's the name he was given while in this life. Are you going to condemn everyone w/ the name Drake? Using your logic we could just as easily be a champion for Satan by using his other name Lucifer, even an angel of light.

I hope you find value in the things he shared and not fixate on a name.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:43 am
Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:40 am It's not prejudice, it's stated plainly in Revelation that the Dragon was cast out of Heaven and who he is. Yes, we should note these things.
It's the name he was given while in this life. Are you going to condemn everyone w/ the name Drake? Using your logic we could just as easily be a champion for Satan by using his other name Lucifer, even an angel of light.

I wouldn't be bothered by meeting anyone called Drake in this life (I've never met any), but if my guide around the Afterlife was called that, yes I would be concerned. I would be concerned if he was called Nick for similar reasons, even though I am friends with several folk called that.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:48 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:43 am

I wouldn't be bothered by meeting anyone called Drake in this life (I've never met any), but if my guide around the Afterlife was called that, yes I would be concerned. I would be concerned if he was called Nick for similar reasons, even though I am friends with several folk called that.
SMH... somedays I wonder. If the message doesn't resonate w/ you, then I don't know what to say. I hope you take the time to listen. If not, I wish you well.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

That list of 10 points and my opinion on them. There is a heavy New Age flavour to some of this, and a lot of it sounds very familiar from various contemporary sources. I watch and listen to a lot of things outside of Christianity and so I run into these ideas quite often.

1 - "Learn how to be truly authentic" - Good advice, but also fashionable advice! What is "authentic" mean here? I've parts of the "authentic" me which I do and I don't like.
2 & 3 - Yes, we are here to learn. "Love" is important but is a much abused word these days, often referring to sexual behaviours which are not necessarily loving.
4 - This can be good advice as well, but also fashionable advice in New Age circles, where the buzzword is "intuition" or "intuitive". New Agers often talk about Spirit in a similar but subtly different way to our Holy Spirit.
5 - Agree with this comment about technology completely. It is blinding us.
6 - What is meant here by "prejudice"? There are some behaviours that shouldn't be praised. This sounds very "now" too. "All creation is divine" - are evil/negative things divine?
7 - Agree with this, but with caution. It leans into Law of Attraction visualisations.
8 - "Negative energy" is pure New Age. The word "energy" is bandied about like "vibration" was a few decades ago. No one has truly explained what "negative energy" is most of the time other than an uneasy feeling or disagreement with someone. It also shows the inconsistency in this new list of Ten Commandments, i.e. we're told to avoid "negative influences" but at the same time not to be prejudiced and to love everyone. This sounds very like the FP's advice to avoid "contention", i.e. anything which doesn't fit their paradigm.
9 - "A purpose to evil" - this leans more into Christianity and away from the New Agey line aboht "negative energy" (never "sin"). We're told "all Creation is divine" earlier, yet this would mean evil and negativity are God's creation and divine. We can see the Book of Mormon's "opposition in all things" emerging here, and a possible dualistic tendency which doesn't fit well with the earlier New Agey statements.
10 - "Know that we are all one." – New Agey again, with a flavour of WEF etc statements. Right now the Scottish Government has a slogan "One Scotland", a sort of unity in diversity statement from the same sentiment which sounds nice but fails to address certain problems, and is obviously lifted for some globalist ginger group somewhere. "To harm any part of creation is to harm God and to harm ourselves." - It depends what is being meant by "harm" here. This is similar to the modern-day moral "as long as it isn't harming anyone", which can be applied to many things.

I'm sorry RW, but most of this sounds very, very like stuff I'm hearing from New Age circles these days. (And globalist ones in a couple of instances.) It isn't very Christian apart from a vague "love everyone" and "avoid evil" statement. There is nothing in here to really challenge people like prayer, fasting, challenging evil or following a "strait and narrow path", rather than "all roads lead to God". The "avoid prejudice" and "we are one" could be lifted straight out of corporate advertising these days.

The one that does jump out at me is about overuse of technology. We do overuse it, me included. It's not an original sentiment, but at least it's not as common nowadays and probably needs to be emphasised in these times.

I'm sorry for jumping on that Drake thing, but that set off alarm bells straight away. I've said most of what there is to say on that. There just isn't enough meat in here outside this, other than New Age warm fuzzies.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:42 am That list of 10 points and my opinion on them. There is a heavy New Age flavour to some of this, and a lot of it sounds very familiar from various contemporary sources. I watch and listen to a lot of things outside of Christianity and so I run into these ideas quite often.

1 - "Learn how to be truly authentic" - Good advice, but also fashionable advice! What is "authentic" mean here? I've parts of the "authentic" me which I do and I don't like.
2 & 3 - Yes, we are here to learn. "Love" is important but is a much abused word these days, often referring to sexual behaviours which are not necessarily loving.
4 - This can be good advice as well, but also fashionable advice in New Age circles, where the buzzword is "intuition" or "intuitive". New Agers often talk about Spirit in a similar but subtly different way to our Holy Spirit.
5 - Agree with this comment about technology completely. It is blinding us.
6 - What is meant here by "prejudice"? There are some behaviours that shouldn't be praised. This sounds very "now" too. "All creation is divine" - are evil/negative things divine?
7 - Agree with this, but with caution. It leans into Law of Attraction visualisations.
8 - "Negative energy" is pure New Age. The word "energy" is bandied about like "vibration" was a few decades ago. No one has truly explained what "negative energy" is most of the time other than an uneasy feeling or disagreement with someone. It also shows the inconsistency in this new list of Ten Commandments, i.e. we're told to avoid "negative influences" but at the same time not to be prejudiced and to love everyone. This sounds very like the FP's advice to avoid "contention", i.e. anything which doesn't fit their paradigm.
9 - "A purpose to evil" - this leans more into Christianity and away from the New Agey line aboht "negative energy" (never "sin"). We're told "all Creation is divine" earlier, yet this would mean evil and negativity are God's creation and divine. We can see the Book of Mormon's "opposition in all things" emerging here, and a possible dualistic tendency which doesn't fit well with the earlier New Agey statements.
10 - "Know that we are all one." – New Agey again, with a flavour of WEF etc statements. Right now the Scottish Government has a slogan "One Scotland", a sort of unity in diversity statement from the same sentiment which sounds nice but fails to address certain problems, and is obviously lifted for some globalist ginger group somewhere. "To harm any part of creation is to harm God and to harm ourselves." - It depends what is being meant by "harm" here. This is similar to the modern-day moral "as long as it isn't harming anyone", which can be applied to many things.

I'm sorry RW, but most of this sounds very, very like stuff I'm hearing from New Age circles these days. (And globalist ones in a couple of instances.) It isn't very Christian apart from a vague "love everyone" and "avoid evil" statement. There is nothing in here to really challenge people like prayer, fasting, challenging evil or following a "strait and narrow path", rather than "all roads lead to God". The "avoid prejudice" and "we are one" could be lifted straight out of corporate advertising these days.

The one that does jump out at me is about overuse of technology. We do overuse it, me included. It's not an original sentiment, but at least it's not as common nowadays and probably needs to be emphasised in these times.

I'm sorry for jumping on that Drake thing, but that set off alarm bells straight away. I've said most of what there is to say on that. There just isn't enough meat in here outside this, other than New Age warm fuzzies.
#1, people who are authentic don't put on a show for other people. Young people and old people don't care about what other people think. That's the point he makes.

#2-3, these are basic theologies taught by Christ. If you have issue w/ what he said, take it up with Him.

#4, again this the most foundational principle, listen to the Holy Ghost.

#5, we seem to agree.

#6, study the definition of prejudice and you'll see what he means. It has heavy overtones of unrighteous judgment.

#7, we seem to agree. This principle is based on the Universal law of Mentalism. In the beginning, God pondered creation. All of creation was created spiritually first, including us.

#8, If you don't like the words "frequency" "energy" or "vibration", then I'd suggest a deeper study of physics. Just because you associate these words with new-age philosophy doesn't mean they are wrong.

#9, study Nephi's discourse on opposition in all things. What he talks about isn't some "new age crap". He's talking about sin vs righteousness. This is basic BoM theology he's presenting here.

#10, again, you've taken a negative slant...

Ok, i'll just stop here. I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how jaded you are toward most of these ideas. I see most of them in a completely different light.

I will point out, I can find almost all of these precepts taught in the Emerald Tablets of Thoth or even in the Seven Univeral Laws. These are not "New Age" ideas. Some are as old as creation, and may even pre-date creation.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

For me, the name of the guide, Drake, is a little far fetched. Just doesn't sound authentic.

More generally, I'm beginning to be quite suspicious of most NDE stories.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 7:59 am For me, the name of the guide, Drake, is a little far fetched. Just doesn't sound authentic.

#6....

Like I said before, listen to his experience.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I want to focus on #1 first: "1. Learn how to be truly authentic. To be yourself whomever you are around. In this life, we see the most authentic people are the very young and the very old."

How many of us carry one persona here on the forum, but a completely different side to us when we are with our spouse or when we attend church?

How many of us would be truly open and honest with church leaders about how we feel about the gospel and the direction of the church?

How many threads have we read on temple recommend questions and striving to weasel our way through?

That is not being your authentic self.

The very young and very old are far more authentic. Children don't need to impress anybody. They often speak from the heart. You'll get some of the most honest answers from kids. The elderly can also fit this idea of not striving to impress anyone else. They may be stubborn at times, but often you'll get their true self and opinions.
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

21 And behold, when that time cometh, none shall be found blameless before God, except it be little children, only through repentance and faith on the name of the Lord God Omnipotent.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 8:45 am
Robin Hood wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 7:59 am For me, the name of the guide, Drake, is a little far fetched. Just doesn't sound authentic.

#6....

Like I said before, listen to his experience.
I did listen. I wouldn't have commented if I hadn't.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I believe he believes he went to heaven etc, but I am beginning to question many, if not all, of these NDE stories. I think a dying brain is the cause of a lot of these experiences.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:04 am I did listen. I wouldn't have commented if I hadn't.
As I mentioned before, the name Drake was the actual name of his ancestor. Why would he go by another name? Just because you don't think a person should go by a name they went by in this life doesn't make it unauthentic.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:07 am I believe he believes he went to heaven etc, but I am beginning to question many, if not all, of these NDE stories. I think a dying brain is the cause of a lot of these experiences.
This is exactly what the mental health expert told him in the second video link. That was until Vincent saw this man's grandmother sit next to him in spirit and tell something very personal about this man, which Vincent shared vocally to this man. The "specialist", who was Mormon, told Vincent "to get the f**k out of here."

He explains all of this after about the 1:05 mark. The man had forgotten things that had happened in his childhood and is scared the crap out of him. He later apologized for his behavior.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on April 3rd, 2023, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 7:03 am#1, people who are authentic don't put on a show for other people. Young people and old people don't care about what other people think. That's the point he makes.
Most of these are generalisations, that's the issue. This one is a case in point. Your authentic self can be kind and tender, but it can also be selfish and directed by the Natural Man. For some people, their "authentic" selves may want to do things which go against the rest of this list.

My authentic self would be someone who dresses scruffily, gets up when he wants each morning and doesn't do any work!!! For others, their authentic selves would be to buy the most expensive clothes and/or work furiously.
#2-3, these are basic theologies taught by Christ. If you have issue w/ what he said, take it up with Him.
Yes and no. What does "love" mean here? In Greek, the meanings are plain. In English, "love" has a lot of additional connotations. Jesus also says explicitly that he will set families against each other, and he also scourged the moneylenders out of the temple.
The Inner Voice and the Holy Ghost are not the same, and can lead you in different directions. Many people get "whisperings" alright, but not all of them are from the Holy Ghost. Some people have an inner spirit, or spirits, that are something else entirely. The Holy Ghost will drive those out when he arrives.
#6, study the definition of prejudice and you'll see what he means. It has heavy overtones of unrighteous judgment.
Prejudice can mean different things to different people. Some people think it's prejudiced to stop drag queen reading to small children, and others think it is prejudiced to practice an organised religion of any sort.
#8, If you don't like the words "frequency" "energy" or "vibration", then I'd suggest a deeper study of physics. Just because you associate these words with new-age philosophy doesn't mean they are wrong.
That's definitely not what's being referred to here, because it isn't anything that they really ever talk about in physics terms. Can it be measured? If so how? Is it on the electromagnetic spectrum. When "energy" is being talked about in these terms, in many cases people are talking about their emotional response to something. One person can experience the very same thing or person as "positive" energy or "negative" energy. This can often be nothing to do with actual energy... if such energy is ever defined. This is basically a version of chi or the Force from Star Wars, but what kind of energy is it? Molecular resonance, life force, the stuff dowsers pick up on?

Wilhelm Reich did research on orgone, and he did at least try and build a theoretical framework for it.
Ok, i'll just stop here. I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how jaded you are toward most of these ideas. I see most of them in a completely different light.
I've heard a lot of these ideas before and they tend to be the "in" ones just now. There are a few others like "organised religion is bad" and "all paths lead to God" which are hinted at here, but they don't emerge in the parts you mention. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on both of these. The main issue I've got with many of them is that they sound great at first, but fall apart on closer examination. We've got to define terms sometimes. What is "love" here? We"ve probably got similar definitions, but not everyone else does. For some people out there, love and sex are the same, for example.

I hear a lot of this, "we are one" stuff the now. The short answer is that we are, and we aren't. I'm probably on the same page as you for many things (despite minor disagreements), but there are other people out there who hold very different views, and I don't just mean local cultures.

I shocked a couple of younger people recently when I've said I don't hold with promiscuity. I've been guilty of lusting after more women than I can even remember, but it would have been wrong for me to try and sleep with them all after having such notions. The younger folk I mentioned this to seemed horrified when I pointed out that promiscuity transmitted a lot of diseases. (One of the women admitted she had caught one, as if it was nothing. Having grown up in the AIDS scare, I take it seriously).

Many people have imbibed the whole "it's okay if it doesn't hurt anyone" and "love everybody" lines. These are alright and good under certain circumstances. The older generation knew that sometimes it is "cruel to be kind". For example, when you're raising a child, sometimes they will try and stay up past their bedtime, but they will get issues if they don't sleep properly.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:12 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 7:03 am#1, people who are authentic don't put on a show for other people. Young people and old people don't care about what other people think. That's the point he makes.
Most of these are generalisations, that's the issue. This one is a case in point. Your authentic self can be kind and tender, but it can also be selfish and directed by the Natural Man. For some people, their "authentic" selves may want to do things which go against the rest of this list.

My authentic self would be someone who dresses scruffily, gets up when he wants each morning and doesn't do any work!!! For others, their authentic selves would be to buy the most expensive clothes and/or work furiously.
Yes and no. What does "love" mean here? In Greek, the meanings are plain. In English, "love" has a lot of additional connotations. Jesus also says explicitly that he will set families against each other, and he also scourged the moneylenders out of the temple.
The Inner Voice and the Holy Ghost are not the same, and can lead you in different directions. Many people get "whisperings" alright, but not all of them are from the Holy Ghost. Some people have an inner spirit, or spirits, that are something else entirely. The Holy Ghost will drive those out when he arrives.
Prejudice can mean different things to different people. Some people think it's prejudiced to stop drag queen reading to small children, and others think it is prejudiced to practice an organised religion of any sort.
That's definitely not what's being referred to here, because it isn't anything that they really ever talk about in physics terms. Can it be measured? If so how? Is it on the electromagnetic spectrum. When "energy" is being talked about in these terms, in many cases people are talking about their emotional response to something. One person can experience the very same thing or person as "positive" energy or "negative" energy. This can often be nothing to do with actual energy... if such energy is ever defined. This is basically a version of chi or the Force from Star Wars, but what kind of energy is it? Molecular resonance, life force, the stuff dowsers pick up on?
I've heard a lot of these ideas before and they tend to be the "in" ones just now. There are a few others like "organised religion is bad" and "all paths lead to God" which are hinted at here, but they don't emerge in the parts you mention. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on both of these. The main issue I've got with many of them is that they sound great at first, but fall apart on closer examination. We've got to define terms sometimes. What is "love" here? We"ve probably got similar definitions, but not everyone else does. For some people out there, love and sex are the same, for example.

I hear a lot of this, "we are one" stuff the now. The short answer is that we are, and we aren't. I'm probably on the same page as you for many things (despite minor disagreements), but there are other people out there who hold very different views, and I don't just mean local cultures.

I shocked a couple of younger people recently when I've said I don't hold with promiscuity. I've been guilty of lusting after more women than I can even remember, but it would have been wrong for me to try and sleep with them all after having such notions. The younger folk I mentioned this to seemed horrified when I pointed out that promiscuity transmitted a lot of diseases. (One of the women admitted she had caught one, as if it was nothing. Having grown up in the AIDS scare, I take it seriously).

Many people have imbibed the whole "it's okay if it doesn't hurt anyone" and "love everybody" lines. These are alright and good under certain circumstances. The older generation knew that sometimes it is "cruel to be kind". For example, when you're raising a child, sometimes they will try and stay up past their bedtime, but they will get issues if they don't sleep properly.
What you've done is created some expansive generalizations based on your own paradigms. The core principles are true, but how we interpret them varies widely, as we see in your expanded explanations.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:12 am Most of these are generalisations, that's the issue. This one is a case in point. Your authentic self can be kind and tender, but it can also be selfish and directed by the Natural Man. For some people, their "authentic" selves may want to do things which go against the rest of this list.

When you go to church, do you express yourself the same way you do here on the forum? If not, why? Which version is authentic?

If your authentic self is just lazy... well, good luck with that.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on April 3rd, 2023, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:15 am What you've done is created some expansive generalizations based on your own paradigms. The core principles are true, but how we interpret them varies widely, as we see in your expanded explanations.
My point was that what you quoted there are precisely generalisations.

Is it prejudiced to want to stop transgender ideology being taught to small children? Because that is happening right now. Some people think it is prejudiced and some don't. Some people would say the children are being taught their authentic selves and some would say they are being brainwashed into sterilising themselves. Some people would say this is love and others would say it is harm. Both of which are on that list.

So no, it's not all cut and dried like this.