The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

Post by nightlight »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:06 pm
nightlight wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:03 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:00 pm Here is Vincent's webpage for those interested: https://livinggodslight.com/

And his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LivingGodsLight
Bro.... 😂

"Personal Spirit Coaching With Vincent Todd Tolman
One of the results of Vinney’s near-death experience is an increased spiritual awareness and a keen “spiritual ear” for advice and insight from God and our guides that God has assigned to assist us. Vinney would love to help you receive clear messages, and can help you learn how to apply what he has learned to your own life.

Experience the benefits of increased spiritual insight
Discover what is hindering your growth
Gain greater insight into your own spiritual connections
Receive guidance on the next steps in your progress

Single Session
$500
Save $200
$299 Introduction Price*
Included:

Preparation documents to help you get the most out of the call
One 90-minute 1-on-1 video call with Vincent Tolman
And...?
He is selling spiritual insight for money

Priestcraft. He's a hack

Looking at him with love doesn't change the fact that he is a false teacher

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

nightlight wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:44 pm He is selling spiritual insight for money

Priestcraft. He's a hack

Looking at him with love doesn't change the fact that he is a false teacher
I think we can learn a more true definition of Priestcraft from Nephi:

29 He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.

I obviously see this man differently than you do. He has done none of the above. I have no issues with the 10 points, given how I approach them, and hopefully, not in a worldly sense. I find them quite in alignment with Christ's teachings.

Do you give your time and effort free of charge? Or do you have a profession in which you exchange your time, services, or goods for money?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 6th, 2023, 3:35 pm I found Vincent's guide beyond the veil:

Charles Drake Cazier, 1837 - 1915
Or the identity it took on. When it comes to channelled messages etc, we should never assume that things are as they seem. The sentiments "Drake" espouses are very "contemporary", put it that way. People of that generation would be as likely to use their surname.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 7th, 2023, 2:55 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 6th, 2023, 3:35 pm I found Vincent's guide beyond the veil:

Or the identity it took on. When it comes to channelled messages etc, we should never assume that things are as they seem. The sentiments "Drake" espouses are very "contemporary", put it that way. People of that generation would be as likely to use their surname.
I think we need to add an 11th point: Overcome extreme pessimism. :)

The only thing “contemporary” about this list is how you are choosing to perceive them. I can cite almost all of these principles in Christ’s teachings.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 6:58 am

The only thing “contemporary” about this list is how you are choosing to perceive them. I can cite almost all of these principles in Christ’s teachings.
They're very contemporary. I know of a number of non-Christian books and videos that teach similar things in similar language. A hundred years ago and the phrasing and the sentiments would be slightly different – native American spirit guides were the in-thing or people who'd died in the war.

There isn't really much in here I haven't heard elsewhere.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 7th, 2023, 7:44 am

They're very contemporary. I know of a number of non-Christian books and videos that teach similar things in similar language. A hundred years ago and the phrasing and the sentiments would be slightly different – native American spirit guides were the in-thing or people who'd died in the war.

We’ve talked about this. I can cite every principle here from teachings of Christ. But, what you aren’t doing is reading what his expanded definitions and thoughts are as to how we apply these principles. They are often very different than the “contemporary” philosophies. Also, I should add, what is wrong with “contemporary” or new age views of certain principles? I’m not saying they are all correct, but my goodness, just look at what the church has done with nearly every precept taught by Joseph. If anything we need a “new age” of truth.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I bit more detail here, as well as the story of him w/ the therapist and how he first learned about Drake, and some expanded thoughts on each principle:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

"In this world, we stay consistently distracted, there's no time for God, there's no time for angels."

"God doesn't care what you call Him, God wants you to have a personal relationship with Him."

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 7:58 am
Niemand wrote: April 7th, 2023, 7:44 am

We’ve talked about this. I can cite every principle here from teachings of Christ. But, what you aren’t doing is reading what his expanded definitions and thoughts are as to how we apply these principles. They are often very different than the “contemporary” philosophies. Also, I should add, what is wrong with “contemporary” or new age views of certain principles? I’m not saying they are all correct, but my goodness, just look at what the church has done with nearly every precept taught by Joseph. If anything we need a “new age” of truth.
Because we live in a world of a defined God.

When someone claims an angel visited them and outlined spiritual principles that don't included repentance through Jesus Christ of Nazareth............well.............

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 10:08 am Because we live in a world of a defined God.

When someone claims an angel visited them and outlined spiritual principles that don't included repentance through Jesus Christ of Nazareth............well.............
Both of you are responding from a very narrow perspective IMO. Vincent speaks about these things in his experience. Watch some of his videos. I'd suggest you educate/inform yourself... or not, whatever you want.

I've also addressed this idea previously in the thread. This isn't an end-all-be-all list of principles. But... as noted multiple times, ALL of these principles are taught within Christ's gospel, and all throughout scripture.

According to your logic, the 10 commandments are also invalid because they don't include "repentance through Jesus Christ."

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Speaking in reference to what he'd been taught as a Mormon and thinking he'd checked all the boxes: "Taking Christ's name upon me isn't just taking a name upon me. I actually had to embody Christ, the anointing, the selfless loving being that Christ was."

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

“Our mortal existence is a classroom, not a courtroom”

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 11:10 am “Our mortal existence is a classroom, not a courtroom”
This tracks with someone who doesn't speak of repentance

How can their be a Judge&LawGiver.....but no court?

34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 10:15 am
nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 10:08 am Because we live in a world of a defined God.

Both of you are responding from a very narrow perspective IMO. Vincent speaks about these things in his experience. Watch some of his videos. I'd suggest you educate/inform yourself... or not, whatever you want.

I've also addressed this idea previously in the thread. This isn't an end-all-be-all list of principles. But... as noted multiple times, ALL of these principles are taught within Christ's gospel, and all throughout scripture.

According to your logic, the 10 commandments are also invalid because they don't include "repentance through Jesus Christ."
"narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

It's so sad to see how jaded we have all become, but understandable given the total lack of honesty anywhere in this world, especially from those we used to trust in the church. And government is even worse. The constant gaslighting makes us suspicious of everyone and everything. It's really hard to even ask the rights questions to receive the guidance of the Holy Ghost... and its going to get much worse... love is the answer, but that to brings confusion now

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 11:41 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 11:10 am “Our mortal existence is a classroom, not a courtroom”

34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.
"This life is a time to prepare to meet God." Judgment (the courtroom) will have its day, but not here.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 11:42 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 10:15 am

"narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Your logic still negates the 10 commandments.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Nevervaxxed wrote: April 7th, 2023, 12:07 pm It's so sad to see how jaded we have all become, but understandable given the total lack of honesty anywhere in this world, especially from those we used to trust in the church. And government is even worse. The constant gaslighting makes us suspicious of everyone and everything. It's really hard to even ask the rights questions to receive the guidance of the Holy Ghost... and its going to get much worse... love is the answer, but that to brings confusion now
I've been surprised at the pushback given how these principles were taught by Christ and prophets in the scriptures. And, IMO, when taken with a perspective toward God, only leads to more light and understanding and less suffering in the universe.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 12:10 pm
nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 11:41 am

"This life is a time to prepare to meet God." Judgment (the courtroom) will have its day, but not here.
🤔

But we're judged on what we do HERE

So ......

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

nightlight wrote: April 7th, 2023, 2:30 pm But we're judged on what we do HERE

So ......
Eventually, we are... that's what I said in my comment. But, to believe that all progress and growth happens here is a misnomer, IMO. This life is not the end of our progression and learning. It is not the courtroom where judgment is pronounced.

I know this may seem to bristle against certain verses in the BoM, but I also don't think the BoM presents a complete picture of truth and our soul's progression.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

All forms of growth require resistance. While I understand what he is saying in his description of heaven, we are "judged" based on how we live our lives - even if only by ourselves. We KNOW if we have progressed and how much in this life, and we will be further ahead in the next life depending on how we progressed in this one - that's the "punishment", is the lack of progress and knowing we could have progressed so much more. Like learning ro control our thoughts and therefore our emotions, as he stated, is very important; and boy do I have we a long long way to go on that one! I felt his description was accurate, and that he was being truthful. And it sounds like people could verify what he say, like with his arm being pushed down and resisting, or "Drake" just happening to be a real person in his linnage. I'm sorry so many ate so skeptical of it. It "feels" right to me...

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:58 pm
nightlight wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:56 pm Jesus is the creator of everything you see
He didn't create our Heavenly Parents. IMO there are also creations that he was not part of, there are creations in this existence of other Gods, including our Parents. If we become like our parents, that means there are many Gods and many creations.
Colossians 1:
16 For by him were ALL things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before ALL things, and by him ALL things consist.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 ALL things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 4:
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created ALL things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Reluctant Watchman wrote: Both of you are responding from a very narrow perspective IMO....

Matthew 7:
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber...

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Isaiah 46:
8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 7th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Nevervaxxed wrote: April 7th, 2023, 12:07 pm It's so sad to see how jaded we have all become, but understandable given the total lack of honesty anywhere in this world, especially from those we used to trust in the church. And government is even worse. The constant gaslighting makes us suspicious of everyone and everything. It's really hard to even ask the rights questions to receive the guidance of the Holy Ghost... and its going to get much worse... love is the answer, but that to brings confusion now
I've been surprised at the pushback given how these principles were taught by Christ and prophets in the scriptures. And, IMO, when taken with a perspective toward God, only leads to more light and understanding and less suffering in the universe.
2 Corinthians 11:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Nevervaxxed wrote: April 8th, 2023, 12:20 am All forms of growth require resistance. While I understand what he is saying in his description of heaven, we are "judged" based on how we live our lives - even if only by ourselves. We KNOW if we have progressed and how much in this life, and we will be further ahead in the next life depending on how we progressed in this one - that's the "punishment", is the lack of progress and knowing we could have progressed so much more. Like learning ro control our thoughts and therefore our emotions, as he stated, is very important; and boy do I have we a long long way to go on that one! I felt his description was accurate, and that he was being truthful. And it sounds like people could verify what he say, like with his arm being pushed down and resisting, or "Drake" just happening to be a real person in his linnage. I'm sorry so many ate so skeptical of it. It "feels" right to me...
From Vincent’s book:
Drake smiled, and all of those thoughts were immediately washed away. I was dismayed to discover that I was so very wrong.

“Your mortal existence is not a test. It’s more of a classroom, where souls are able to learn, grow, and be sorted.”

“What’s the difference?”

“With a test, you can pass or fail. But God loves every single spirit and creation–every single one. He did not create a system of passing and failing. He created a system where everyone succeeds, but only at the speed that they are able to grow.”

“So, it doesn’t matter if we follow the rules or commandments?”

“Oh, it definitely matters. It matters a great deal. But not because it’s a test that you can fail. It’s about how quickly you can progress. When we die, we move on to a specific life that is ready for that progress. Some people can grow really fast, and learn really fast, move on really fast. There are others who cannot progress as fast. They are stuck in addictions and vices. Those addictions and vices prevent us from growing.”
This goes along beautifully with D&C 130:

18 Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
19 And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Peeps wrote: April 8th, 2023, 2:36 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:58 pm
nightlight wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:56 pm Jesus is the creator of everything you see
He didn't create our Heavenly Parents. IMO there are also creations that he was not part of, there are creations in this existence of other Gods, including our Parents. If we become like our parents, that means there are many Gods and many creations.
Colossians 1:
16 For by him were ALL things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before ALL things, and by him ALL things consist.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 ALL things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 4:
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created ALL things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Reluctant Watchman wrote: Both of you are responding from a very narrow perspective IMO....

Matthew 7:
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber...

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Isaiah 46:
8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
A narrow path is very different than a narrow perspective.

If you want to quote scripture, that’s great, but it can be helpful to understand your thoughts as to WHY you are quoting those scriptures.