President Russell M. Nelson just admitted Church doctrine is wrong! But the admittance is fake! Sorry

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
GeeR
captain of 1,000

President Russell M. Nelson just admitted Church doctrine is wrong! But the admittance is fake! Sorry

Post by GeeR »

And the previous prophets were mislead.
Last edited by GeeR on March 28th, 2023, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: President Russell M. Nelson just admitted Church doctrine is wrong!

Post by ransomme »

reference?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

GeeR wrote: March 28th, 2023, 9:43 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsuqDqUXtU
The video itself says that this is an AI deepfake and it definitely sounds like one...President Nelson's voice is NOT that young-sounding. Though it was actually pretty decent.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

It doesn’t appear genuine, though I could wish it were an honest admission of previous ignorant institutional church policy. Not the only policy based on ignorance, but one of the saddest.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Subcomandante wrote: March 28th, 2023, 9:47 am
GeeR wrote: March 28th, 2023, 9:43 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsuqDqUXtU
The video itself says that this is an AI deepfake and it definitely sounds like one...President Nelson's voice is NOT that young-sounding. Though it was actually pretty decent.
The other videos on that person's channel deal with deepfakes of President Nelson counting his money and President Nelson apologizing for not using the gift of discerning for ordaining bishops that later proved to be sex offenders.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

I apologize for posting what I now believe is a fake. I was snookered, sorry!

Lemarque
captain of 100

I edited my subject line!

Post by Lemarque »

You can click the edit button on the first post to redo the title and add that it is fake
Last edited by Lemarque on March 28th, 2023, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

GeeR wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:11 am I apologize for posting what I now believe is a fake. I was snookered, sorry!
This is going to be a very wise important lesson for us to have learned in these coming times as I believe these fakes will be abundant ...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I think it's important to note that this type of announcement would also come with significant pomp and circumstance. Most likely from the pulpit at general conference. They would want to get as much woke mileage out of this as possible.

*Also, while the voice is ok, it missed the mark w/ a lack of inflection known to RMN.*

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Cruiserdude wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:17 am
GeeR wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:11 am I apologize for posting what I now believe is a fake. I was snookered, sorry!
This is going to be a very wise important lesson for us to have learned in these coming times as I believe these fakes will be abundant ...
The days of evidence are past,
The days of discernment begun.
The unraveling may be quick,
So buckle up and hang on!

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

The cadence is good but the inflections were way off. This fake was far more measured and less vocally manipulative than the real McCoy…

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

That is NOT President Nelson’s voice. It sounds like someone deepfaked his voice, changing text to voice.
Although it is a great message it is criminal to deepfake a voice!

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

I love how in the comment section of the video, people got their precious feewings hurt 😢. 🤣🤣

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

You will see more and more fakery in the next few years. Trust nothing you don't see or hear in person.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

RosyPosy wrote: March 28th, 2023, 12:12 pm I love how in the comment section of the video, people got their precious feewings hurt 😢. 🤣🤣
Pride does make you feel good, doesn’t it!

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: President Russell M. Nelson just admitted Church doctrine is wrong! But the admittance is fake! Sorry

Post by MikeMaillet »

I find this technology rather interesting and was speaking with my wife about this last night; about how we will no longer be able to believe anything that comes through any media. The still, small voice will be the only thing we will be able to trust. It is sickening what is possible with this technology and the creators are flaunting their new invention and having a good laugh at our expense.

Nelson's voice wasn't right, blah blah blah. Just remember that this is the absolute worst that you will see from this technology. It will only get better from here.

Was it not the fallen angels who taught mankind the forbidden knowledge such as the working of metals... in other words, science and technology? I was just reading in the D&C and this verse caught my eye - below. This is section 1 where God addresses all of mankind.

D&C 1: 22-23

22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;
23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

The covenant was that we should live in a way where everything is in common and that there are no poor, the fulness of the Gospel. As simple farmers would we not appear to be weak and simple in front of the kings and rulers of Babylon? Would we not be called a peculiar people? We would stand defenceless against all of the technology and yet we would have the faith to know that God protects the ones who keeps His covenant. We would defeat our opponents by the power of the Priesthood and instructions from our God.

Mike

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:33 am
Cruiserdude wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:17 am
The days of evidence are past,
The days of discernment begun.
The unraveling may be quick,
So buckle up and hang on!

That's what I have been thinking, too.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: President Russell M. Nelson just admitted Church doctrine is wrong! But the admittance is fake! Sorry

MikeMaillet wrote: March 28th, 2023, 12:58 pm I find this technology rather interesting and was speaking with my wife about this last night; about how we will no longer be able to believe anything that comes through any media. The still, small voice will be the only thing we will be able to trust. It is sickening what is possible with this technology and the creators are flaunting their new invention and having a good laugh at our expense.

Nelson's voice wasn't right, blah blah blah. Just remember that this is the absolute worst that you will see from this technology. It will only get better from here.

Was it not the fallen angels who taught mankind the forbidden knowledge such as the working of metals... in other words, science and technology? I was just reading in the D&C and this verse caught my eye - below. This is section 1 where God addresses all of mankind.

D&C 1: 22-23

22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;
23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

The covenant was that we should live in a way where everything is in common and that there are no poor, the fulness of the Gospel. As simple farmers would we not appear to be weak and simple in front of the kings and rulers of Babylon? Would we not be called a peculiar people? We would stand defenceless against all of the technology and yet we would have the faith to know that God protects the ones who keeps His covenant. We would defeat our opponents by the power of the Priesthood and instructions from our God.

Mike
Was it not the fallen angels who taught mankind the forbidden knowledge such as the working of metals... in other words, science and technology?
It was, and it is.

There’s a reason no one is working on “artificial conscience”.

And intelligence without conscience = _______________

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Niemand wrote: March 28th, 2023, 12:22 pm You will see more and more fakery in the next few years. Trust nothing you don't see or hear in person.
It's been on my mind a lot lately. With all the technology we have now the deeps state could stage anything they wanted to. Even a loser that lives in Mommies basement could manipulate video and fool countless people. It's a crazy time we are living in.

crabman
captain of 100

Post by crabman »

The biggest clue that it's fake is that there aren't whistles when he says words with an S sound. Those have become very distinct in his speech patterns recently.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

dreamtheater76 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 2:16 pm
Niemand wrote: March 28th, 2023, 12:22 pm You will see more and more fakery in the next few years. Trust nothing you don't see or hear in person.
It's been on my mind a lot lately. With all the technology we have now the deeps state could stage anything they wanted to. Even a loser that lives in Mommies basement could manipulate video and fool countless people. It's a crazy time we are living in.
It has struck me recently that the best thing we can all do right now is meet in person. Contrary to the rubbish that is put out by the fear state and media over lockdown. This is not appropriate maybe on LDSFF as we are scattered across the world, but certainly at local level.

Warn other people while you still can. They need to know what is happening.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Yep, that same channel that GEER referred to in his OP just put out another AI video where President Nelson announces that gay sealings can happen in the temple under the law of adoption.

The AI is getting a little bit better. Attempts to inflect were present but it was still off.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

"nothing" is the operative word.

I do enjoy the fact that this world is pushing everyone into either falling into one of two categories:

1 - trust what your body sees and hears.

2- trust the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

What the world is doing is God's work.

edit to add:

think project blue beam. Our eyes will see it.
this example will apply to much more that we will physically see and hear