Zion and Rules

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Zion and Rules

Post by Original_Intent »

I got up quite early this morning and read for a bit, particularly on the thread about why not everyone moving to Missouri now.

As usual when I think about Zion, I ponder what kind of society it will be, what will be the laws or at least the code of ethics? Who will be denied entrance if they want in? Who will be kicked out and what actions would get them kicked out, and what other crimes and punishments will exist? What, if any, things that we consider serious transgression will be OK there, and what if any, things that we consider no big deal will be strictly forbidden?

As we see here on the forum, there is a wide range of opinions on just about everything. From a more Brethrenite approach, there is also a wide range of opinion even among PSRs past and present (using the term PSR colloquially, not literally). And as always, I think about how such wide-ranging opinions and approaches to life can all live harmoniously together? I decided to return to bed, not to sleep but to ponder on these things.

After an hour or two, one thought that I had - and I am not claiming inspiration, but it felt important and correct - is that Zion will have twelve gates. Those twelve gates are one for each tribe of Israel. but those tribes are not only symbolic, they were divided into tribes for a reason, not just because Israel had twelve sons. And perhaps - PERHAPS! - there is something to the idea of tribes beyond the lineage that is declared to you in your patriarchal blessing. I think also of the 16 MBTI personality types, I don't think Zion will be divided up in such a way, in fact the types really NEED each other. Being in a society of INTJs might be fun for a few hours a week, but all living together I am sure we would come to blows in a week and probably go the route of the Jaredites within a year at best.

But I do think there is something to this idea that perhaps Zion will have at least an "outer court" divided into districts with their own set of rules, and regulations. MAYBE. I also believe that Zion will have something akin to a holy of holies, in fact I am pretty sure I have read about such. I am sure such a place will have the strictest codes and penalties associated with entering there.

I'm not suggesting anything so blasphemous as Zion having a "red light" district of course. I am thinking more of the various paths that well intentioned people might follow, or different areas of focus. And I suspect if there were such districts, that people might freely travel to various areas depending what their needs are. For instance, at minimum we need mental, spiritual, and physical development. There might be areas that focused on those specialties. and Zion will be huge, right? So maybe even the spiritual "area" would have a club fitness and schools. There might even be areas that focused on blending all three. Perhaps there will be an area devoted to agriculture, or the arts, and again people could work in the areas that they chose to and also perhaps if there was need they might be called to serve if not enough people volunteered in a certain area.

Another thought I had is Zion will need righteous judges. A transgression might be treated differently for a repentant person and a rebellious one. And these would have to be highly trusted and trustworthy and also guided by the spirit to be true judges in Israel. Anything less and people will complain about the unfair treatment that they got, and I suppose that is human nature, and something that we must rid ourselves of. If we are to have judges of Israel - I am not saying they should not be answerable to the people - but I think they need to be accorded some respect and their judgments given due consideration. It's a fine line though because in our current state, corruptible men will always seek the judgement seat. A difficult path to work out.

A few thoughts from this morning. Like tmac and his questions about receiving revelation - these questions are the Gordian knot that I have struggled with for years. I do think one central value is largely minding your own business and leaving others to live their lives. But on the other hand, I don't believe Zion will be a permissive place allowing all sorts of behavior, either. A difficult balance to find.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Re: Zion and Rules

Post by HereWeGo »

Original_Intent wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:18 am I got up quite early this morning and read for a bit, particularly on the thread about why not everyone moving to Missouri now.
The City of Zion will not be in the flatlands of Missouri. It will be in the tops of the mountains. :)

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

I've come to a conclusion that there are two types of people in the world - those who want to control others, and those who do not want to be controlled.

to get an idea of Zion, we can look at it from the opposite perspective: what is Satan's ultimate goal? It's power and control, of course. Power of God, and control over us. So in a Zion society, where do all the Controllers go? Well.....they go away, of course.

What is God's ultimate goal? The immortality and eternal life of man. How does He get us there - by force? or by some other way? It is by some other way, obviously. That other way is Agency - the ability to choose - for which He was willing to lose 1/3 of his children. So Agency must be very important to God.

We also know that the worth of a soul is great. So God values the individual - the individual's potential - very highly.

Also, if you look at the diversity of life on earth - it is VERY diverse - deserts and jungles, ice caps and warm sunny beaches, trees, flowers, algae, moss, fungi, reptiles and mammals, birds and insects. Even people - red heads, blonds, auburns, brunettes; blue eyes, brown eyes, tall, short, white black, brown - it is just astounding that so much diversity can exist on one planet.

Therefore, I think maybe in Zion:
- individuality will be highly valued. There will be no -ites. Everyone will be valued on an individual basis.
- control will be non-existent because everyone will respect everyone else.
- Diversity in thought will be valued as well.
- no danger of being "kicked out" because the hearts of those who live there will have been already changed before admittance. Only the pure in heart will live there.*

* on this last point, it seems to me from other posters on LDSFF, that before Zion becomes "well-defined", there might be a period of time where there are "non-Zion" people living there. At some point, they become separated from the righteous. Or maybe they realize "it's not for them" and leave on their own. I don't know. An "entire separation" is a process that is still a mystery to me.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The First and Second Resurrection(s) are good sources for what the world will look like.

We know that Jesus comes and the world burns with fire. This destroys the beast and the false prophets kingdom upon the earth.
Those who are His people will be lifted up, and when the Earth is cleansed, then First Resurrection happens

Revelation 20
King James Version
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire
------------------
Also:
(24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.)

-----++++

Isaiah 2:4

“And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

So.....

It's hard to fathom a society that is made up of resurrected immortal beings.....and where nature no longer follows it's carnivorous ways

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

A good book to read is “ The Essene Gospel of Peace”. https://www.amazon.com/Essene-Gospel-P ... 1941489400

One thing they point out is that closer to God we get the fewer rules/laws we have.

Father is LOVE, that’s it, love.
Jesus gave two commandments - love God and love your Nieghnor as you love yourself.

And the more laws you have - the further from God you are. The WofW is a good example of drifting away from God as it was given, not by way of commandment… but now is a commandment. (You can tell we are heading away from God at a pretty fast pace as Congress enacts 1000s of pages of laws each year).

Of course Zion won’t be a bunch of perfect people, but we will all be trying to get that way. Those that aren’t in the trying to be like Jesus mode will self eliminate from this group or will not be able to enter through its gates.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

HereWeGo wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:17 am
Original_Intent wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:18 am I got up quite early this morning and read for a bit, particularly on the thread about why not everyone moving to Missouri now.
The City of Zion will not be in the flatlands of Missouri. It will be in the tops of the mountains. :)
It already is.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

I think Satan seeks control so as not to lose too many of his followers because of our perpetual ability to choose. Same with those who seek control of others. Satan fears our ability to choose. We always have that ability.

Glad to see these verses brought up by Justin.
Genesis - Inspired Version
9:22 And this is mine everlasting covenant: that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;

9:23 And the general assembly of the church of the firstborn shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch.

Genesis - Inspired Version
14:26 Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child, he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire.

14:27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained a high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch,

14:28 It being after the order of the Son of God, which order came not by man, nor the will of man, neither by father nor mother, neither by beginning of days nor end of years, but of God.

14:29 And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name--

14:30 For God, having sworn unto Enoch and unto his seed with an oath by himself that everyone being ordained after this order and calling should have power, by faith, to break mountains, to divide the seas, to dry up waters, to turn them out of their course,

14:31 To put at defiance the armies of nations, to divide the earth, to break every band, to stand in the presence of God, to do all things according to his will, according to his command, subdue principalities and powers; and this by the will of the Son of God which was from before the foundation of the world.

14:32 And men having this faith, coming up unto this order of God, were translated and taken up into heaven.

14:33 And now, Melchizedek was a priest of this order; therefore, he obtained peace in Salem and was called the prince of peace.

14:34 And his people wrought righteousness, and obtained heaven, and sought for the city of Enoch which God had before taken, separating it from the earth, having reserved it unto the latter days, or the end of the world,

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

OI, those are very interesting thoughts and thought process. A lot of people seem to think (and say), why bother with such a pondersome, contemplative process — just read the scriptures and they will tell you all you need to know. But, I too like to engage in such prayerful contemplations, and find the process valuable. And, I am intrigued by many of the thoughts you came away with.

I certainly can’t disagree with those who maintain that the closer you get to God, the fewer rules there will be, and the fewer will be necessary. The main premise will probably simply be: Serve where you can, and do as little harm as possible. I.e., Do No Harm. Live and let live. Mind your own business, and keep your nose out of others’.

Having said that, however, my life experience and observation has shown me that most people actually like rules. Some want to control everyone else, and most others actually want to be controlled. They want to be told what to do and what to think so they don’t need to figure that out in their own. They find security in being micro-managed, and although they may murmur and complain, that is what they actually prefer. And it serves two very useful purposes — gives them a very clear path to follow, while also giving them something to murmur about. The only thing they will murmur more about is not having a clear path to follow, because they aren’t being told everything to do.

Consequently, from my perspective the modern House of Israel is in just about the same boat as the ancient House of Israel, and always seeking security in micro-managing rules and control.

So I honestly have to think there is going to have to be some room for individual diversity of thought in Zion, including for those few, free-thinking libertarians, while those who want strict zoning, land -use regulations, and CC&Rs, will live in and share those kinds of neighborhoods with people who think like they do, etc.

As I’ve said a million times, I don’t believe it is one-size-fits-all. I know this, at this point I have zero desire to live in an urban center place in the flatlands But that may be exactly what others crave.

I honestly don’t know where the centerplace will be, but it doesn’t really matter to me. Whether it is a crowded urban centerplace in MO or SLC, I have little desire to spend much time in a crowded urban environment, wherever it is.

And, I honestly have to believe that there is going to be some leeway. And I know this final thought will definitely ruffle some feathers, but I’m not convinced that there won’t be enough room for individual thinking that there may not be a neighborhood (or two) where plural marriage is voluntarily practiced as a matter of complete free will — with the attitude and “rule” that since it doesn’t affect anyone else, everyone else should simply mind their own d@mn business.
Last edited by tmac on March 26th, 2023, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Fred wrote: March 26th, 2023, 11:04 am
It already is.
I'm curious. Where is this City of Zion, which is already built, located?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

HereWeGo wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:31 pm

It already is.
There are many. Yet to be united. Pockets all over the Rocky Mountains. Well within the 1500 cubic mile of AoA.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Fred wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:37 pm

It already is.
There are many. Yet to be united. Pockets all over the Rocky Mountains. Well within the 1500 cubic mile of AoA.
It sounds like you are living in one. I am happy for you.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Fred wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:37 pm

It already is.
Stakes of Zion, then, but the tent hasn't been raised.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

They have to live a terrestrial law or higher...meaning liars, cheats, adulterers, thieves, deceptive people are NOT THERE. I totally agree with the looking up first scriptural reference.

The great overburn will take care of those incapable of looking up...and they only briefly return at the end of the millennium...just long enough to get resurrected to the telestial kingdom where they will remain.

The remnant is at a minimum honorable. What a unbelievable blessing. Can you imagine living in a society where you can trust everyone?...really trust everyone? Not the fake lockers necessarily in the temple kind of trust...but the real deal.

The ridiculous and hollow ideas of Babylon will be laid to rest. Light and truth are the currency in Zion.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

If this place affectionately known as “Zion” has a loosy-goosy viewpoint on the gospel and moral virtues and principles (rules if you will), I’ll gladly bow out now and let you guys go hog wild.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

As I just stated in the other thread: Well, sure, there aren't any mountains there now...
3 Nephi 8:10 And the earth was carried up upon the city of Moronihah, that in the place of the city there became a great mountain.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

As I have been following these related threads, including the Why Not Gather to Jackson County NOW? thread, I engaged in my own deep, prayerful, pondersome, contemplative process this morning on this subject, combined with the whole RS WWJD in every instance if He were in your shoes exercise. And, like OI, I ended up having something of a vision open in my mind’s eye, and it focused almost entirely on what I am going to describe as the “refiners fire.”

Based on that experience, I posted the following on the Jackson County NOW thread:
To me, this discussion highlights at least three good reason NOT to gather in Jackson County MO NOW:

1. There does not seem to be any consensus among the debating “scholars” here as to where God intends for the gathering to occur.

2. The place is not yet prepared, and may require some major prep work, and it is entirely possible that you wouldn’t want to be there when that is happening.

3. There is not currently prepared a people capable of gathering and building Zion. In theory it sounds easy enough to just cut to the chase and do it, but even this discussion demonstrates why that won’t happen: too much ego, pride, and lack of Divine leadership and direction. In other words, there’s probably no good way around the refiners fire. Either you go through it, or you hang-out on the sidelines — somewhere. It is probably fair to say that only those who emerge from the fire will be part of the remnant.

It does not appear that there is any shortcut to Zion.
My takeaway, as it relates to this thread, is that the remnant that ultimately emerges from the refiners fire will need and desire far less rules. The refining process will, by nature, produce people who are much more of one mind and one heart.

I recently watched a film, that was loosely based on a true story, called “Women Talking.” By the time it is done, the film actually illustrates and depicts this principle/ process fairly well — how a bunch of people (in this case women), facing injustice and adversity start out in disagreement, and going many different directions, but through the course of their own refining process come together and essentially all end up on the same page.

It is the sort of thing that seldom seems to happen except in the face of serious adversity.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Zion is simple to understand. Here are a few different ways to look at it:

* 21 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself.
22 And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;
23 And the general assembly of the church of the firstborn shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch. (JST Genesis 9)

* Fulfill the great commandment(s): And he answered and said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27)

* And if you want to get there, just follow the Torah (teachings) / the Doctrine of Christ / Born in Spirit

Ezekiel 11
19 And I will give them one heart (Zion) and give within them a new spirit. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, 20 that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God.

Ezekiel 36
26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to do My judgments. 28 And you will inhabit the land that I gave to your fathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God (Promise Land, at the Day of the Lord, will be inherited and Zion will be established, and the Lord will be there)

Jeremiah 31
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares YHVH, “when I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I cut with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, but I was a husband to them,” declares YHVH. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will cut with the house of Israel after those days,” declares YHVH: “I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

2 Corinthians 3:2-6
You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone, revealing that you are a letter of Christ, delivered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on stone tablets but on tablets of human hearts...our adequacy is from God, who made us adequate to be servants of a new covenant not based on the letter but on the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

John 14
15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments (His counsel, word, techings, the Torah). 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, that He may be with you forever; 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him. You know Him because He abides with you and will be in you... 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”... 23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our dwelling with him.

An Allegory of Two Covenants
21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the Law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the servant-woman and one by the free woman. 23 But the son by the servant-woman had been born according to the flesh, while the son by the free woman through the promise. 24 This is spoken with allegory, for these women are two covenants: one from Mount Sinai bearing children into slavery; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother. 27 For it is written,

“Rejoice, barren woman who does not give birth;
Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor;
For more numerous are the children of the desolate one
Than of the one who has a husband.”

28 And you brothers, in accordance with Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh was persecuting him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also. 30 But what does the Scripture say?

“Cast out the servant-woman and her son,
For the son of the servant-woman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”

31 So then, brothers, we are not children of a servant-woman, but of the free woman.

Moses 6 (see also John 3:5-7 & 1 Peter 1:16-23)
57 Wherefore teach it unto your children, that all men, everywhere, must repent, or they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God, for no unclean thing can dwell there, or dwell in his presence; for, in the language of Adam, Man of Holiness is his name, and the name of his Only Begotten is the Son of Man, even Jesus Christ, a righteous Judge, who shall come in the meridian of time.
58 Therefore I give unto you a commandment, to teach these things freely unto your children, saying:
59 That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the spirit, which I have made, and so became of dust a living soul, even so ye must be born again into the kingdom of heaven, of water, and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and enjoy the words of eternal life in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal glory;
60 For by the water ye keep the commandment; by the Spirit ye are justified, and by the blood ye are sanctified;
&
Mosiah 27
24 For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit.
25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;
26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I've really appreciate this post and all of the replies.

For me, a return to Zion is a return to the Garden from whence we came, except that we will be resurrected and our garment will be immortal. Christ, the Tree of Life, will be there at various times and there will be no sin. The King of Zion will be the hidden Servant who will conquer Babylon before Christ's return in glory. The same being who leads the latter-day exodus to Zion. There will be 1,000 years of peace and during this period new Adams and Eves will be introduced to the Garden and then at some time, the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Adam & Eve will fail just as we did and someone will have to go and save these people from their error. A Saviour will be required who will likely be the King of Zion. I believe that the Servant will be the Holy Ghost and that He will fulfill the role of Saviour for His people.

Original Intent: I found your ideas to be very interesting; thanks. The Book of Enoch goes on quite a bit about the gates of the various heavens. I've included a few short chapters below where Enoch is brought to the ends of the earth and shown the gates of our heaven; there are 12. I think the ends of the earth to mean the ends of our earthly style of world that is made from coarse matter, the universe.

CHAPTER XXXIV.

1. And from thence I went towards the north to the ends of the earth, and there I saw a great and glorious device at the ends of the whole earth. 2. And here I saw three portals of heaven open in the heaven: through each of them proceed north winds: when they blow there is cold, hail, frost, snow, dew, and rain. 3. And out of one portal they blow for good: but when they blow through the other two portals, it is with violence and affliction on the earth, and they blow with violence.

CHAPTER XXXV.

1. And from thence I went towards the west to the ends of the earth, and saw there three portals of the heaven open such as I had seen in the †east†, the same number of portals, and the same number of outlets.

CHAPTER XXXVI.

1. And from thence I went to the south to the ends of the earth, and saw there three open portals of the heaven: and thence there come dew, rain, †and wind†. 2. And from thence I went to the east to the ends of the heaven, and saw here the three eastern portals of heaven open and small portals above them. 3. Through each of these small portals pass the stars of heaven and run their course to the west on the path which is shown to them. 4. And as often as I saw I blessed always the Lord of Glory, and I continued to bless the Lord of Glory who has wrought great and glorious wonders, to show the greatness of His work to the angels and to spirits and to men, that they might praise His work and all His creation: that they might see the work of His might and praise the great work of His hands and bless Him for ever.

Mike

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

"more than being a place, Zion is the Pure in Heart

“Verily, … for This Is Zion—the Pure in Heart”
D&C 97:21.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

A pretty smart guy I know once said that the minute you bring in a Homeowners Association, Zion has fled. Everyone must be equals or there is no Zion.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels,
but cast the bad away."

"13 ¶ Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them,
and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me:
for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence."

"2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

"20 ¶ And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."