Natural Disasters 2023

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Natural Disasters 2023

Post by Silver Pie »

Because our society is learned, they think they are wise, and discount what God is sending to humble them and turn them to face him. In other words, he wants us to repent, from the great and powerful to the most humble of us all.

One of my daughters sent me a text yesterday - screenshots of several headlines about natural disasters happening in California - then she wrote, "All of these are from March. They really pissed off God this time."

Lots of things are happening in many places, not just in California. Our temps have been 15° or more colder than normal. Had a low of -19°F (-28.33C) last month, which was a record low for the day. But we haven't seen nearly the stuff that has been happening from the Midwest to the east coast and in the states on the western coast. The worse we (Wyoming) had this year, that I know of, was a truck (semi) accident that broke the windshield. The occupants died because the snow suffocated them; they had no injuries that I know of.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Re: Natural Disasters 2023

Post by JK4Woods »

Silver Pie wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:48 pm Because our society is learned, they think they are wise, and discount what God is sending to humble them and turn them to face him. In other words, he wants us to repent, from the great and powerful to the most humble of us all.

One of my daughters sent me a text yesterday - screenshots of several headlines about natural disasters happening in California - then she wrote, "All of these are from March. They really pissed off God this time."

Lots of things are happening in many places, not just in California. Our temps have been 15° or more colder than normal. Had a low of -19°F (-28.33C) last month, which was a record low for the day. But we haven't seen nearly the stuff that has been happening from the Midwest to the east coast and in the states on the western coast. The worse we (Wyoming) had this year, that I know of, was a truck (semi) accident that broke the windshield. The occupants died because the snow suffocated them; they had no injuries that I know of.

Yes, the natural world has ways to foster suffering which leads to repentance.

In these modern days, Man’s inventions have tempered the effect of drought (going on for many years in the west, until oddly enough, this spring…).

Other localized disasters (hail, tornados, hurricanes, floods, etc. ) effects are lessened because of high mobility and transportation of relief from unaffected areas. Which ameliorates the call to repent, into an ordeal which one passes Thru to get back on one’s feet and back into our societal comfort zone…

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Flash flooding in Idaho Falls this week. A months worth of rain in 2 hours.

The end of the video is mind boggling. I can only assume they were from out of town and didn't realize the road went so low under the train overpass.

The whole video is only 2 minutes.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/05/w ... -flooding/

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The most significant natural disaster this year is probably the earthquake in Turkey.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I shared the link with one of my kids and she said:
Idaho Falls indeed... into the new lake that's forming over there
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:54 pm Flash flooding in Idaho Falls this week. A months worth of rain in 2 hours.

The end of the video is mind boggling. I can only assume they were from out of town and didn't realize the road went so low under the train overpass.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Yes, that was quite bad.
Niemand wrote: May 25th, 2023, 4:02 am The most significant natural disaster this year is probably the earthquake in Turkey.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:54 pm Flash flooding in Idaho Falls this week. A months worth of rain in 2 hours.

I believe that was the hardest rainstorm my family can recall. My BIL sent a video of his car nearly flooded (water to the bumper) on a street by one of the high schools. It looked like a river.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

I'm pretty sure the lower temps (expected to last for 10-12 year) are due to another Grand Solar Minimum, where the solar flares on the surface of the sun are reduced significantly or entirely which lowers temps on earth. Scientists have been anticipating this latest solar minimum for a few years. The Dalton Solar Minimum, from 1790 to 1820, caused crop failures in New York which reduced farmers to poverty and was the reason Joseph Smith and his family moved to Palmyra "in search of more productive farmland" when in reality it was due to reduced energy from the sun. Here's a short summary of solar minimums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r0Kd7-K8dU

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 25th, 2023, 9:39 am I'm pretty sure the lower temps (expected to last for 10-12 year) are due to another Grand Solar Minimum, where the solar flares on the surface of the sun are reduced significantly or entirely which lowers temps on earth. Scientists have been anticipating this latest solar minimum for a few years. The Dalton Solar Minimum, from 1790 to 1820, caused crop failures in New York which reduced farmers to poverty and was the reason Joseph Smith and his family moved to Palmyra "in search of more productive farmland" when in reality it was due to reduced energy from the sun. Here's a short summary of solar minimums:

Your solar minimum explanation for the filling of Lake Mead reminds me of Taki and a light fixture at the OKC Memorial as per March8miracle.org. There is always an alternate explanation for any perceived phenomena, with faith and timing being key distinctions.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

If not mistaken, I think you got this book recently due to my comments- 'Rolling Thunder: The Coming Earth Changes' by J. R. Jochmans (PB).

In addition to natural disasters, Jochmans compiles several angles to watch for in our future. He released this book in October 1980. In comparison of Imperial Rome & its downfall, relating to modern America as a reflection, see pp. 78-80.

In brief, here are a few which seem to be reflections of our current situations.---

(2) Congress will become more & more ineffective. Petty individual politics only, as well as corruption & scandal.

(5) Americans will become more concerned with security & will give up individual freedoms to attain it.

[I might add that Dannion Brinkley was also told of this. See his 1994 book 'Saved By the Light' PB page 44 & Pkt.PB page 56-- " 'The fear these people are feeling is an unnecessary one,' said the Being of Light. 'But it is a fear so great that humans will give up all freedoms in the name of safety.' " Next Dannion speaks of visions of many natural disasters.]

(6) Production will fall, and America will become more dependent on imported goods.

(8) In the midst of increasing decadence, the American government will drop the separation of church & state, and American leaders in a stand for coservatism, will attempt to become the nation's moral & spiritual leaders as well.

Jochmans ends with if we do not learn the lessons of the past, we will repeat them.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Elena is currently in Hurghada (resort city on the Red Sea) in Egypt. She experienced an earthquake while in her previous apartment (hotel room) in the past month, between Hurghada & El Gouna (another resort city on the Red Sea)..

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lynn wrote: May 25th, 2023, 9:20 pm Elena is currently in Hurghada (resort city on the Red Sea) in Egypt. She experienced an earthquake while in her previous apartment (hotel room) in the past month, between Hurghada & El Gouna (another resort city on the Red Sea)..
https://www.egyptindependent.com/magnitude-4-57-earthquake-hits-hurghada/ wrote:
The National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics (NRIAG) said that the National Seismological Network recorded an earthquake 37km northeast of Hurghada with a magnitude of 4.57 on the Richter scale.
search.php?keywords=57ii :lol:

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

How many volcanos around the world flaring up right now? I can't even keep track. Could this effect crops?

Fight for the right
captain of 100

Post by Fight for the right »

Silver Pie wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:48 pm Because our society is learned, they think they are wise, and discount what God is sending to humble them and turn them to face him. In other words, he wants us to repent, from the great and powerful to the most humble of us all.

The wrath of an almighty God because of the immoral acts of his children.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I have seen it rain one field and not a drop in the field next to it. Right now there is flooding north, south and west of us, but we are getting the rain we need in the amounts we need.

This comes as those downstream are demanding water rights for money at the expense of water rights for survival and crops.

I have been praying for enough rain that we won't even have to worry if they turn off the water, and so far it is working out.

I am not a prosperity gospel proponent. I think God has floods and droughts for all of us now and again, but I also believe Isaiah. During the tribulations of the last days, the righteous will have water. The righteous will have food.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

BeNotDeceived wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:12 pm
Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 25th, 2023, 9:39 am I'm pretty sure the lower temps (expected to last for 10-12 year) are due to another Grand Solar Minimum, where the solar flares on the surface of the sun are reduced significantly or entirely which lowers temps on earth. Scientists have been anticipating this latest solar minimum for a few years. The Dalton Solar Minimum, from 1790 to 1820, caused crop failures in New York which reduced farmers to poverty and was the reason Joseph Smith and his family moved to Palmyra "in search of more productive farmland" when in reality it was due to reduced energy from the sun. Here's a short summary of solar minimums:

Your solar minimum explanation for the filling of Lake Mead reminds me of Taki and a light fixture at the OKC Memorial as per March8miracle.org. There is always an alternate explanation for any perceived phenomena, with faith and timing being key distinctions.
another alternate explanation for Lake Mead filling is "weather patterns run in cycles".

drought-wet season-moderate-cold-hot.

moisture falling from clouds pretty much sums it up. Looking at the historical weather patterns of the U.S. , these cycles seem to keep happening over and over. dry-wet-cold-hot. Wild stuff!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FrankOne wrote: May 26th, 2023, 12:50 pm … Wild stuff …

Timing patterns spelled CHRIST and CRIST at https://march8miracle.org

How do you explain that. :?:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fight for the right wrote: May 26th, 2023, 9:59 am The wrath of an almighty God because of the immoral acts of his children.
Yep. Even God has a limit to what he will allow.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Popocatépetl is acting up again. It's one of those volcanoes like Fuji or Vesuvius which are bang on top of a heavily populated area, in this case Mexico City.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

BeNotDeceived wrote: May 26th, 2023, 1:07 pm
FrankOne wrote: May 26th, 2023, 12:50 pm … Wild stuff …

Timing patterns spelled CHRIST and CRIST at https://march8miracle.org

How do you explain that. :?:
I would not discount it, because I am a 'believer' by nature but would have had to have seen it happen in front of me for me to give it serious contemplation.

I enjoy gematria.

the fact that Christ = 77 is interesting.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Niemand wrote: May 25th, 2023, 4:02 am The most significant natural disaster this year is probably the earthquake in Turkey.
Yes! That was significant Biblically, for it was like a message to the "7 churches in Asia" and the flying scroll prophecy in one!

Zechariah 5:
1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.
2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.
4 I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

We get about 9 inches of precipitation a year average. Our winter was double normal. We probably already got over the years average. It's been raining every day. Cramps my style. I'm not too worried unless it doesn't stop. Road was iffy all winter. Too wet to fix so they just put cones in the bad places. FedEx wouldn't even try it. He calls people and has them come get their stuff way down at the bottom. I asked him if he didn't find it amusing since everyone came down and went back up the road he was afraid of. Couple days ago I caught him on my dash cam stuck while trying to turn around. Somebody was pulling him out. I thought about putting the video on Youtube to see if it would go viral, but decided to leave him alone. They fixed the road a month ago but it didn't even last a week. Flash flood washed it out in several places.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Predicting a Super El Nino pattern setting up for the northeast US thru fall and in to winter of it holds. Means severe droughts for much of the country. Famers here just planted and the newly sprouted corn and beans are shriveling. No significant rainfall in our extended forecast. 😓

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Popo in Mexico is to blow big time in our era. Two sources speak of this. First is by the "Pale Prophet" in 'He Walked the Americas' & in the back portion of events to yet occur of 'The Secret School'. It is in the "Ring of Fire" connection. Recently I posted the page numbers of the 3 different editions I have of 'He Walked the Americas' by L. Taylor Hansen. I'm trying to recall the name of that thread. Meanwhile, in Whitley Strieber's book, it is found on p. ???. Well crud, I must have moved it. I even looked in my current comet/earth changes reference section. It was in a section at the back of the book.

Here is the snip that I had posted earlier from Hansen's book-
+++++++++++++++++++
As to 'He Walked the Americas' (I have 3 different copies for referencing & has been about 20 years since I read the book)), it is very fascinating the comparisons of Jesus here in the new world, just as in the Book of Mormon. Also, the pale prophet did share one prophecy yet to come (in our current era), which is that Mt. Popo will blow big time in Central America (Mexico). Another source also speaks of that. See pp. 126-127 in the section titled "The Prophecy of Tula" pp.125-130 in my copy of Amherst Press Edition 1st Print 11-1963/2nd Print 12-1964 HB. In the edition somebody posted a pic of the cover, that is (my copy) on pp.125-130 (Popo on pp.126-127). In the 1963 HB with Book Jacket 1963 Neville Spearman copy it is from pp.117-120 (Popo on pp.118-119). When Popo blows, it will almost be leveled. It will be a massive eruption.
+++++++++++++++++++

The one noted that somebody posted a pic of, is Legend Press (Amherst, Wisconsin) HB 1963/1991/21st print 1997.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Also, Thanks for the post & URL to the Hurghada earthquake. She said it woke her up, as it was after 1 AM (at that time, there was a 7 hour difference (time zone). Currently, it is now 8 ahead of us here in south central Texas after she moved closer to Hurghada, the week after.