Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is this the severe SPRING after the SHTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 9:20 pm
creator wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:01 pm Zero snow on the ground where I'm at in Utah County right now.

SHTF before we were born.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The particular SHTF context my original post mentioned was one I first thought Roger K. Young had promoted, but was later corrected by the identification of Bishop Koyle being it's author.

You could define any number of SHTF scenarios from the past, starting maybe with the Civil War, and so on.

What I'm curious about regarding your statement is whether the total precip for your area is normal or not, to include what the snow pack situation is for your neck of the Wasatch Range.
Oh, and Brian, don't forget to add the current temperature profile for your area, compared to the average profile in years past.

Right now we're in another near-blizzard which has already accumulated 7-8 inches of powder snow. That would be 5 significant snow falls of 5-11 inches in the last 9 days.

For any one interested, contact me directly if you want to see a video showing the powder snow blowing off my garage roof eaves and the snow drift that stacks up almost to the eaves, etc.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

larsenb wrote: April 4th, 2023, 9:12 am
larsenb wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 9:20 pm
creator wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:01 pm Zero snow on the ground where I'm at in Utah County right now.

SHTF before we were born.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The particular SHTF context my original post mentioned was one I first thought Roger K. Young had promoted, but was later corrected by the identification of Bishop Koyle being it's author.

You could define any number of SHTF scenarios from the past, starting maybe with the Civil War, and so on.

What I'm curious about regarding your statement is whether the total precip for your area is normal or not, to include what the snow pack situation is for your neck of the Wasatch Range.
Oh, and Brian, don't forget to add the current temperature profile for your area, compared to the average profile in years past.

Right now we're in another near-blizzard which has already accumulated 7-8 inches of powder snow. That would be 5 significant snow falls of 5-11 inches in the last 9 days.

For any one interested, contact me directly if you want to see a video showing the powder snow blowing off my garage roof eaves and the snow drift that stacks up almost to the eaves, etc.
It's real bad there. My old man is in Layton and I can't even believe how bad it has been there this winter. Unreal.
And it's just like you said, no exaggeration.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Post by nightlight »

Next week it will get up near 70°....... check your local flood map

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

FrankOne wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 9:28 pm So, Creator, are you a total 'non-doomer'? :shock:

If I could ask, do you see things proceeding in a semi-normal fashion for the next 10 yrs in the U.S.?

during the next 10 yrs:

-banks stay open and functional like today
-grocery stores stay stocked with food
-the USD remains relatively stable
-gas prices stay below $5.00/gal
-hyperinflation doesn't happen
- wars don't appreciably affect the U.S.
-the stock market (DJI) remains relatively stable (above 25K)

just curious about your point of view
I've been waking up for nearly 20 years now and have seen so many false predictions come and go. Every Spring is a call out and every Fall is economic collapse, or so the false predictions, dreams, and visions say. Along with that there's always someone saying Jesus is coming back soon, in the next 5 to 10 years, but they've been saying that for hundreds of years. I do think we need to be prepared temporally and spiritually but I disagree with most interpretations of scriptural prophecy and timeline of events.

Clearly we can't go on like this forever, with the levels of tyranny, corruption, and evil in the world, but history tells me not to trust predictions regarding the "next 10 years". Looking back at history there are cycles of good and bad times, and many things that will be outside of our control.

Many people, for hundreds of years, have been looking forward to the "second coming" as if it's always 5 to 10 years away, but Christ is already here.

The end times events (i.e. Millennium, apocalypse, coming of the New Jerusalem / Zion / Kingdom of God on the earth) could realistically be hundreds of years away.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

larsenb wrote: April 4th, 2023, 9:12 amOh, and Brian, don't forget to add the current temperature profile for your area, compared to the average profile in years past.

I was somewhat being sarcastic about the weather. It really hasn't been nearly as bad in Utah County as in other areas, but it definitely is an unusual winter/spring.

But your entire premise for this thread is based on the never-ending false predictions that keep coming and going. Hey, but maybe this time it's for real!!! :o :twisted:
Like they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

creator wrote: April 4th, 2023, 10:19 am
larsenb wrote: April 4th, 2023, 9:12 amOh, and Brian, don't forget to add the current temperature profile for your area, compared to the average profile in years past.

I was somewhat being sarcastic about the weather. It really hasn't been nearly as bad in Utah County as in other areas, but it definitely is an unusual winter/spring.

But your entire premise for this thread is based on the never-ending false predictions that keep coming and going. Hey, but maybe this time it's for real!!! :o :twisted:
Like they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.
Nope. The main premise of this thread, in my view, was to highlight the extremely unusual weather we are having. I'm a data/evidence person, primarily. The possibility of this Winter/Spring perhaps correlating w/predicted last-days events a la RK Young or Bishop Koyle was merely a teaser . . . . for me. Now if we were to have a 2nd winter/spring to follow this one, as per Koyle, this would lend credence to his prediction in my view, especially if correlated with his other predictions. But that remains to be seen.

The most interesting finding of this thread, in my mind, was the idea that this weather is a direct spin-off from the Tongan caldera eruption event . . . which I think, is a very small example of a similar 'ocean' event that took place ~5,200 yrs BP.

Right now, we are having continuing snow, which stands at ~ 10 inches, plus much deeper drifts. I've never seen anything like this even in the dead of winter (i.e., the continuous snow and cold). I'll PM you a link to the video of the powder snow swirling off of my roof eve, etc.

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

larsenb wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:11 am April 03. Another big snow storm (this one 8-9 inches, so far). This is the 4th in the last 8 days. See image, and also the image taken last Friday just after snow shoveling (shovel has 4 ft length)

Again, the Tongan caldera eruption. The sound was apparently heard up in Alaska, and the sound wave was measured as circling the entire globe 2-3 times. An unprecedented amount of water was injected into the atmosphere, more and higher than ever seen before from an eruption.
I could buy into the Tongan explosion as being a contributory. But where it all falls apart is not lots of watery stuff happening all over the place everywhere. As many have posted here, just normal weather where they are. And I'm sure it would be overwhelmingly similar most places all over the globe.

The more general concept is the myopic view that people take that if something that appears to be grandiose foo-foo happening in their locale, that must mean its a driving force for foo-foo all over the world. Which just isn't the case. Has NEVER been the case. Especially with myopic views of Wasatch Front happenings. If the Saints had moved to Australia, would mormons still be myopic swayed with every wind of event that happened in Australia?

If the Lord actually is the God of the whole earth, He will make His stuff be a worldwide happening(s). Not just a little blip in his pet favorite hood. No respecter of persons, and all that. Loves all His children/brothers/sisters equally, etc. Otherwise, the mormon God is just another play-favorites God, like all the Gods have been since man started making Gods.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

tmac wrote: April 4th, 2023, 8:49 am The forecast for this storm in our area had been for 5-8” of snow, which is still a plenty healthy spring storm, but we ended up with more than double the highest forecast amount, for our second heaviest storm of the year, and what seemed like a serious punctuation mark on the tail end of this winter. Plus it is very heavy, wet snow, and I’m sure is packing at least 2” of water.

Now, here’s my question (and I can’t remember whether it has been fully discussed yet in this thread or not): To what extent is God still in charge of the weather and the elements at this point? And, to what extent are they being manipulated by the worldly TPTB?

One of the theories that has been floating for a while is that TPTB, through Agenda 2030, etc., want to remove independent-thinking, and more self-sufficient producers from the land, especially in places like rural areas of the American West, and one of the best ways to accomplish that might be with crushing weather patterns (drought, floods, fires, monster storms, harsh winters, etc.)— to what extent is that what’s going on?

Thoughts?
Since clear back in the early 60's JFK publicly stated that the U.S. had technology to control the weather, I think it's very safe to assume that the science has been refined for them to do whatever they want with precipitation.

I guess your idea that causing extreme fluctuations in weather would fall into the category of what I call "destabilization". There is no doubt in my mind that everything that we're seeing falls into that general classification. To cause us to be either angry or depressed or both. To polarize sexes, political parties and destroy religions, families, all organized institutions, universities and even sports (don't forget to kneel)

Conquer through division. It's the oldest strategy of all time. To shake everything up so well that everyone just wants some security. Something to believe in. Something to trust. But, as we all know by now there isn't anything left to trust but God. So...God's work is being done concurrently.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: April 4th, 2023, 2:16 pm
larsenb wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:11 am April 03. Another big snow storm (this one 8-9 inches, so far). This is the 4th in the last 8 days. See image, and also the image taken last Friday just after snow shoveling (shovel has 4 ft length)

Again, the Tongan caldera eruption. The sound was apparently heard up in Alaska, and the sound wave was measured as circling the entire globe 2-3 times. An unprecedented amount of water was injected into the atmosphere, more and higher than ever seen before from an eruption.
I could buy into the Tongan explosion as being a contributory. But where it all falls apart is not lots of watery stuff happening all over the place everywhere. As many have posted here, just normal weather where they are. And I'm sure it would be overwhelmingly similar most places all over the globe.

The more general concept is the myopic view that people take that if something that appears to be grandiose foo-foo happening in their locale, that must mean its a driving force for foo-foo all over the world. Which just isn't the case. Has NEVER been the case. Especially with myopic views of Wasatch Front happenings. If the Saints had moved to Australia, would mormons still be myopic swayed with every wind of event that happened in Australia?

If the Lord actually is the God of the whole earth, He will make His stuff be a worldwide happening(s). Not just a little blip in his pet favorite hood. No respecter of persons, and all that. Loves all His children/brothers/sisters equally, etc. Otherwise, the mormon God is just another play-favorites God, like all the Gods have been since man started making Gods.
A tough requirement to put on God that any interference with the weather He may mount has to be on a world-wide scale. Do you remember the severe weather Zion's Camp experienced which essentially saved them from a mob? And do you think this was a world-wide disturbance?

And what is happening in Utah and Nevada is happening on the West Coast, to include massive snows (mainly at elevation) but generally very cold and wet weather throughout.

You'd have to experience the weather we are having to have much appreciation of just how extremely unusual it is. And exactly what would you expect to happen with the unprecedented amount of water the Tongan caldera eruption put into the atmosphere?

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Meanwhile in Illinois and Iowa....hail the size of golf balls, tennis balls, and softballs reported.
https://news.yahoo.com/look-golf-ball-s ... 06199.html

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Current accumulation in my area from today's storm is 12-13 inches of powder; drifts much higher with drift in my courtyard within 1 foot of the eaves. Astonishing.

Relief may be on the way w/temps in the '60s next week. Flooding anyone?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

If the deep state is controlling the weather, it makes sense for them to save sin city. If God used the Tongan eruption to both buy some time as well as warn people that they need to better prepare, that makes sense, too.

Thing is, most of us are not prepared for very much out of the ordinary. The church no longer stresses preparedness. Kill your kids, date a queer, party up, for tomorrow we may die. Blow in the wind like a tumbleweed. Or pay attention and fix things that need fixing, and become God's army.

If there is a repeat of this winter, the preparations we make this year could get us through another one a lot easier.

Imagine the people with no stash, that party the nights away that will decide to move to greener pastures and leave the safety of the Rocky Mountains to those worthy of survival. Since a rolling stone gathers no moss, they will remain unprepared for whatever arises at the new location.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

larsenb wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 11:10 pm I think it's highly probable the cause is primarily due to the Tongan caldera (12 mile diam) dumping as much water vapor into the atmosphere a year ago as it did. What goes up, normally has to come down.
I think they're wrong about it warming up the earth because we've had record lows and even today's high was 28F (-2.22C) at our place when it is typically around 45F (7.22C) right now.
An epic volcanic eruption in the Pacific in mid January last year is likely to keep causing havoc for the planet.

The Tonga undersea volcano unleashed staggering power, the equivalent of up to 18 mega tons of TNT, according to experts at NASA. That’s multiple times the size of the nuclear bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima at the end of WWII.

While that was a year ago the impact on the climate is likely to linger and that could have a profound impact on crops this year, experts say.

The problem is that the blast emitted 50 million metric tons of water vapor into the atmosphere, an increase of about 5%. In turn, that’s likely to mess with the climate.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonconst ... cb95f94711
More than eight months after the underwater volcano near Tonga erupted on Jan. 14, scientists are still analyzing the impacts of the violent blast, and they're discovering that it could warm the planet.

Recently, researchers calculated that the eruption of Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apa spewed a staggering 50 million tons (45 million metric tons) of water vapor into Earth's atmosphere, in addition to enormous quantities of ash and volcanic gases. This massive vapor injection increased the amount of moisture in the global stratosphere by about 5%, and could trigger a cycle of stratospheric cooling and surface heating — and these effects may persist for months to come, according to a new study.

Tonga's eruption, which began on Jan. 13 and peaked two days later, was the most powerful witnessed on Earth in decades (opens in new tab). The blast extended for 162 miles (260 kilometers) and sent pillars of ash, steam and gas soaring more than 12 miles (20 km) into the air, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA (opens in new tab)).
https://www.space.com/tonga-eruption-wa ... warm-earth
But some say the summer will still be extra hot. :shrug:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: April 4th, 2023, 2:16 pm I could buy into the Tongan explosion as being a contributory. But where it all falls apart is not lots of watery stuff happening all over the place everywhere.
It seems to be hitting the west the hardest, as far as extreme cold and a lot more snow than normal. I forget which day it was, but we had a record low of -19F (-28.22C) in Rock Springs - and our thermometer in our back yard said it was actually -24 (-31.11C) or -25F (-31.66C).

California is totally screwed in many places because of the blizzards they don't usually have, and the extra rainfall.

Someone who said he saw the destructions of the last days noted it was "extraordinarily targeted."

I'm just grateful the God exploded that huge volcano under the ocean and not above ground.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fred wrote: April 4th, 2023, 6:45 pm If God used the Tongan eruption to both buy some time as well as warn people . . .
I think God used it (or made it happen) to wake us up to our need to repent and turn to him - but most people will explain it away as a natural phenomenon. Nothing to see here. The weather isn't really any different than at such and so time in the past. Volcanoes happen. No big deal. God isn't preaching his own sermons today. Science rules.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Silver Pie wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:08 pm
Fred wrote: April 4th, 2023, 6:45 pm If God used the Tongan eruption to both buy some time as well as warn people . . .
I think God used it (or made it happen) to wake us up to our need to repent and turn to him - but most people will explain it away as a natural phenomenon. Nothing to see here. The weather isn't really any different than at such and so time in the past. Volcanoes happen. No big deal. God isn't preaching his own sermons today. Science rules.
Yeah, because science rules the planet and the universe. God made science and then let science take over while He watches from the sidelines. Yep.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Same with all of the sun and moon eclipses over the past 10 years - many on Jewish holy days - and even during an LDS General Conference and one on Prez Monson's birthday.

As a side note, I was talking to some people about the X across the United States with the total solar eclipses. I noticed that Nauvoo wouldn't have a full eclipse (92%, roughly), and it seemed to me that God was saying not all in North America (US and Canada) would be wiped out. A remnant would be left.

One of the people said they thought the annular eclipse meant something, too. So I found a map that included the path of all three across the US. Another person said it looked like the letter aleph(?). The beginning letter, but it also runs through the alphabet (I think it was Hebrew or Greek; I'm not knowledgeable about that). It made me think of Christ, who is the beginning and the end, and is in all and through all.

The bottom line for me is that it seems the X is God crossing us off the map (i.e. we're about to be killed off), and the other eclipse turns it into his signature, telling us that this really is a sign from him.
Last edited by Silver Pie on April 4th, 2023, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:12 pm Yeah, because science rules the planet and the universe. God made science and then let science take over while He watches from the sidelines. Yep.
Lol
I don't know what that nonsense is that is, more and more, considered science. It seems like a mix of "when they are learned, they think they are wise," not being willing to see or accept what true science is saying (because they'll lose their jobs and/or be blackballed by the scientific community), and total nonsense (men can have babies, women can have pen!ses, etc.)

God made rules and laws and, no doubt, set things in motion to happen at important times because he, living outside of time (outside of this matrix), knows all of it and can have perfect timing in everything. I also think he steps in and makes things happen - like the underwater volcano near Tonga.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:18 pm
… makes things happen - like the underwater volcano near Tonga.
That event is the one that broke the proverbial camel’s back, coming on the heels of four demonstration earthquakes. TMAC noted it’s possible relation to the filling of Lake Mead as per Clumpy Dirt’s proclamation that “it would be nice” “to see it filled”.

Job 3838, but not sincere request. :mrgreen:

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

We've got record lows all over northern Arizona overnight. Here it will be 15 degrees. On Monday the high is forecast to be up to 84

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

larsenb wrote: April 4th, 2023, 9:07 am

A high likely hood that at least some manipulation is going on. One of the real oddities within the past 10 years plus was the persistent high off the coast of Calif during the earlier part of that time (2011 to 2017), causing droughts and subsequent fires. Notice that this seemed to dissipate after Trump was elected . . . though there were also big fires in the later part of this period.

My wife has followed this quite extensively and is convinced the 'high' was produced artificially. Maybe I can get her to log on and post her evidence for this happening.

Back in the late '70s, when I was flying back from an Alaskan field trip, my seat mate was a scientist/physicist who was working on HARP. We later went to lunch in Paly. Of course, back then, such an idea of weather manipulation had never entered my mind outside of cloud seeding, and the HARP guy seemed very earnest and above-board.
"For those who don’t believe man has control of the weather, please watch the NOAA Image Viewer now (it is currently 09:15 AM EST). Watch as “they” build the atmospheric river that “California is tapping into” (Weather Channel phrase). Today’s crap show is an exceptional opportunity to see live behind the curtain. Please take a moment to watch via the NOAA links below."
https://forum.gizadeathstar.com/t/const ... ress/12575

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Total snow depth on the flats in my area from the latest storm the last two days, was 18-19 inches. Snow got up to my roof eaves. NEVER seen anything like this, and certainly not in March or April.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

looks like in three days high goes up 50s degree in utah ..
https://weatherstreet.com/southern-rock ... ellite.htm

very blurrily remembers saw 1980s sandbags thing prolly along provo temple street that goes down to the center street somewhere between mtc building and deseret tower??!!
:arrow:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

larsenb wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:54 pm Total snow depth on the flats in my area from the latest storm the last two days, was 18-19 inches. Snow got up to my roof eaves. NEVER seen anything like this, and certainly not in March or April.
Some pictures worth looking at:
32 Mind-Boggling Pictures Of What Over 700 Inches Of Snow Looks Like In California
BuzzFeed
~2 minutes
1.It's official: Some parts of California, specifically the Sierra Nevada, have shattered all-time snow records. The Washington Post says some parts of the state have the largest snowpack on record!
2.How much snow? Well, in some places there's been OVER 700 inches of snow in just this winter season alone. That's over 60 feet!!!
3.The pictures from these areas are completely surreal.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/32-mind ... 45505.html
Here's one of the photos:
California snow.jpg
California snow.jpg (83.81 KiB) Viewed 194 times

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

The only explanation that's really making sense to me is the Tongan Caldera. Does that theory hold water -- location-wise, for this massive deluge of snow in the American West?