Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Re: Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

Shizzzzzzzzzz! Just had a thought. How far down is the Salt Lake temple renovation? Is it down deep enough that City Creek flooding could seep into it? If water gets its way over to the temple grounds, it will turn the place into a pond. Or a moat. :!: :!:

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

... with all of the destructive weather, I feel selfish that I am worried about the rain that we are supposed to get this week.
(A mere 3-4 inches)

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:12 am Shizzzzzzzzzz! Just had a thought. How far down is the Salt Lake temple renovation? Is it down deep enough that City Creek flooding could seep into it? If water gets its way over to the temple grounds, it will turn the place into a pond. Or a moat. :!: :!:
Why don't you make a prophecy about that? — Water-skiing on temple square, or at least swimming/kayaking. That would be great water sport, right?
Last edited by tmac on April 3rd, 2023, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

April 03. Another big snow storm (this one 8-9 inches, so far). This is the 4th in the last 8 days. See image, and also the image taken last Friday just after snow shoveling (shovel has 4 ft length)

Again, the Tongan caldera eruption. The sound was apparently heard up in Alaska, and the sound wave was measured as circling the entire globe 2-3 times. An unprecedented amount of water was injected into the atmosphere, more and higher than ever seen before from an eruption.
Attachments
Snow stack 31 Mar.png
Snow stack 31 Mar.png (639.03 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Apr03 - 8 to 9 inch snowfall.png
Apr03 - 8 to 9 inch snowfall.png (664.9 KiB) Viewed 432 times

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

It’s definitely keeping you in shape. You’re turning into one helluva snow shoveler!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

tmac wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:51 am It’s definitely keeping you in shape. You’re turning into one helluva snow shoveler!
There's actually more to that story . . . . which I'm loath to share.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

There is something that has stuck in my head ever since I read it, probably 20-30 years after it was written. The context was an anniversary edition of the National Geographic magazine. As I recall, they had commissioned a married couple from Eastern Europe (Poland, I think) to come to the U.S., travel around, take pictures, and do a photo essay of what the United States represented and stood for at that point in time.

One of the pictures was from a unique museum. It was filled with high quality, antique tools and equipment, in their words (paraphrasing), "from an era when people spent the vast majority of their time, effort and resources working to prepare to survive the following winter," instead of (in their words), "spending so much time worrying/wondering about what movie/video to watch the following weekend."

From my perspective, they made a very profound point. For centuries, even millennia, many/most of the inhabitants of this planet have had to spend a large share of their time, effort and resources just working and figuring out how to prepare to survive the next winter. At this point, we live in such a disconnected state of entertainment, that we are completely removed and disconnected from that reality. But, I genuinely believe that, at some point, that is all going to change. And this winter might just be something of a reminder;/precursor of those realities.
Last edited by tmac on April 3rd, 2023, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

tmac wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:22 pm There is something that has stuck in my head ever since I read it, probably 20-30 years after it was written. The context was an anniversary edition of the National Geographic magazine. As I recall, they had commissioned a married couple from Eastern Europe (Poland, I think) to come to the U.S., travel around, take pictures, and do a photo essay of what the United States represented and stood for at that point in time.

One of the pictures was from a unique museum. It was filled with high quality, antique tools and antiques, in their words (paraphrasing), "from an era when people spent the vast majority of their time, effort and resources working to prepare to survive the following winter," instead of (in their words), "spending so much time worrying/wondering about what movie/video to watch the following weekend."

From my perspective, they made a very profound point. For centuries, even millennia, many/most of the inhabitants of this planet have had to spend a large share of their time, effort and resources just working and figuring out how to prepare to survive the next winter. At this point, we live in such a disconnected state of entertainment, that we are completely removed and disconnected from that reality. But, I genuinely believe that, at some point, that is all going to change. And this winter might just be something of a reminder of those realities.
It's true. When my diesel snow plow died, I thought "No big deal. I won't really need it." So I didn't repair or replace it. Being a diesel it takes 2 expensive batteries that go dead beyond charge between the once every 5 years that I need it. It cost about $400 just to start it whenever I needed it. So I parked it off to the side and forgot about it. This year it cost me a chunk of change to keep getting my road plowed. So I am already planning for next winter. I will have another snow plow.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

tmac wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:22 pm There is something that has stuck in my head ever since I read it, probably 20-30 years after it was written. The context was an anniversary edition of the National Geographic magazine. As I recall, they had commissioned a married couple from Eastern Europe (Poland, I think) to come to the U.S., travel around, take pictures, and do a photo essay of what the United States represented and stood for at that point in time.

One of the pictures was from a unique museum. It was filled with high quality, antique tools and antiques, in their words (paraphrasing), "from an era when people spent the vast majority of their time, effort and resources working to prepare to survive the following winter," instead of (in their words), "spending so much time worrying/wondering about what movie/video to watch the following weekend."

From my perspective, they made a very profound point. For centuries, even millennia, many/most of the inhabitants of this planet have had to spend a large share of their time, effort and resources just working and figuring out how to prepare to survive the next winter. At this point, we live in such a disconnected state of entertainment, that we are completely removed and disconnected from that reality. But, I genuinely believe that, at some point, that is all going to change. And this winter might just be something of a reminder of those realities.
Maybe more of precursor than a reminder, if Bishop Koyle has anything to say about it. Hugh Nibley called our "disconnected state of entertainmnet": theatromania . . . which term really struck a chord with me when I first read it.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

larsenb wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 11:10 pm
creator wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 5:13 pm
captainfearnot wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:44 am Truly a modern day Chicken Little.
That's how I feel about almost every last days prediction/prophecy (not about the actual scriptures, but about people's date-based interpretations).
What's happening is quite unusual. I think it's highly probable the cause is primarily due to the Tongan caldera (12 mile diam) dumping as much water vapor into the atmosphere a year ago as it did. What goes up, normally has to come down.

And if we see a 2nd winter like this, it gives the Koyle prophecies more credence for me . . . . especially if some of his other predictions pan out, including the bad growing season in the 3rd year Spring/Summer.

For me, what is happening is a very small version of the great floods of 5200 yrs bp, which is the best geologic/cosmological evidence I've run across yet that probably relates to the Noahic flood.
Anyone that takes the time to read Koyle's entire history would be astounded with what he did. Prophecy after prophecy , happened. It is a jump to try and pin point the future ones that have not occurred, but this winter does fit the bill. When the relief mine re-starts operations , then we can start to get a real timeline going.

As I studied out his history and tried to read everything I could on him, I found one tidbit very telling that took me years to pay attention to which was how he predicted that a large group will meet and "pray for deliverance" and also that 11? families would have to come together as one before the mine is in production.

Both of the preceding indicate VERY harsh times before the mine produces. What could cause a group to pray together for "deliverance"? or 11 families as one? Not in today's mormon world. It's very rare to find 1 family that is unified.

My point of the above is that by the time the mine gets close to opening, we won't need to look for signs anymore because terrible things will already be in motion.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Nice day here in Nauvoo... about 72 F
And dry

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

marc wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 7:35 pm Not only severe winter weather which will floods this year, but also other disasters. 52 tornadoes hit Friday and Saturday. Is that normal for two days?
Yes, quite normal. The largest outbreak on record is the 2011 Super Outbreak, with 360 tornadoes over three days. Next is the 1974 Super Outbreak, with 148 tornadoes recorded over two days.

An outbreak like the one we just witnessed happens every year or so. The previous one was in December 2022, with 73 tornadoes. Last year around this time there were four separate outbreaks in March and April, with 83, 92, 89, and 73 tornadoes.

And it's not a recent thing, either. The Enigma tornado outbreak of 1884 may have been the biggest outbreak ever, they just didn't have the technology to track every twister back then like we do now.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

captainfearnot wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 4:27 pm
marc wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 7:35 pm Not only severe winter weather which will floods this year, but also other disasters. 52 tornadoes hit Friday and Saturday. Is that normal for two days?
Yes, quite normal. The largest outbreak on record is the 2011 Super Outbreak, with 360 tornadoes over three days. Next is the 1974 Super Outbreak, with 148 tornadoes recorded over two days.

An outbreak like the one we just witnessed happens every year or so. The previous one was in December 2022, with 73 tornadoes. Last year around this time there were four separate outbreaks in March and April, with 83, 92, 89, and 73 tornadoes.

And it's not a recent thing, either. The Enigma tornado outbreak of 1884 may have been the biggest outbreak ever, they just didn't have the technology to track every twister back then like we do now.
Context is good, appreciate you filling us in on the frequency in recent history 👍

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

80+ degrees here in Missouri. A perfect spring day.

Missouri loves company 😉

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

That confirms it -- no SHingTF for for at least another year -- despite 15" of new snow at my place today.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Is this the severe SPRING after the SHTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by creator »

Zero snow on the ground where I'm at in Utah County right now.

SHTF before we were born.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

creator wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:01 pm Zero snow on the ground where I'm at in Utah County right now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Agreed. . . . But probably not for the last time (to HTF).

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Winds gusting to 65 mph here in northern Arizona today, but at least that's normal weather here this time of year.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

creator wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:01 pm Zero snow on the ground where I'm at in Utah County right now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The particular SHTF context my original post mentioned was one I first thought Roger K. Young had promoted, but was later corrected by the identification of Bishop Koyle being it's author.

You could define any number of SHTF scenarios from the past, starting maybe with the Civil War, and so on.

What I'm curious about regarding your statement is whether the total precip for your area is normal or not, to include what the snow pack situation is for your neck of the Wasatch Range.
Last edited by larsenb on April 3rd, 2023, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 5:07 pm 80+ degrees here in Missouri. A perfect spring day.

Missouri loves company 😉
90+ today in North Texas. We had hail yesterday. It was sort of a shock!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

BroJones wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 4:17 pm Nice day here in Nauvoo... about 72 F
And dry
I think what we're seeing is a dip in the northern Jet Stream over the west coast and inland that is bumping into much higher than normal atmospheric water vapor,; a situation that doesn't extend (currently) into Missouri. I.e, cold meets high water vapor = greater precip.

Looking out my door right now, the scene presented is one straight out of the month of January

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So, Creator, are you a total 'non-doomer'? :shock:

If I could ask, do you see things proceeding in a semi-normal fashion for the next 10 yrs in the U.S.?

during the next 10 yrs:

-banks stay open and functional like today
-grocery stores stay stocked with food
-the USD remains relatively stable
-gas prices stay below $5.00/gal
-hyperinflation doesn't happen
- wars don't appreciably affect the U.S.
-the stock market (DJI) remains relatively stable (above 25K)

just curious about your point of view

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

Cold air mass about 5500m above ithe Northern Hemisphere
高・・H、低・・L、北極・・north pole
somehow cold air mass vortex blob goes down over rockies .. in europe another drought ..

"A slow animation of the pressure pattern and winter cold air over the Northern Hemisphere for one week from 3/28 to 4/3.
The cold vortex splits up, taking in winter cold air below -30°C flowing out of the Arctic Ocean.
The leading cold vortex is moving toward the Kamchatka Peninsula, while the trailing cold vortex is moving southeastward toward Japan with a deep pressure trough in the sky.
"
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
https://twitter.com/kasayan77/status/16 ... 6193826816

"From 3/1 to 4/1, the atmospheric pressure pattern over the Northern Hemisphere and winter cold air after the end of winter in the meteorological world are animated.
In March, winter cold air continued to arrive near Japan, but it was sliding upward over the north of Hokkaido.
The cold vortex that broke off from the westerly winds occasionally fell, and there was only a temporary, weaker-than-normal return of cold air.
However, a strong and large cold air mass is still falling!
"
https://twitter.com/kasayan77/status/16 ... 8889780224

europe drought 2023
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=europe+drough ... =h_&ia=web
:arrow:

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

The forecast for this storm in our area had been for 5-8” of snow, which is still a plenty healthy spring storm, but we ended up with more than double the highest forecast amount, for our second heaviest storm of the year, and what seemed like a serious punctuation mark on the tail end of this winter. Plus it is very heavy, wet snow, and I’m sure is packing at least 2” of water.

Now, here’s my question (and I can’t remember whether it has been fully discussed yet in this thread or not): To what extent is God still in charge of the weather and the elements at this point? And, to what extent are they being manipulated by the worldly TPTB?

One of the theories that has been floating for a while is that TPTB, through Agenda 2030, etc., want to remove independent-thinking, and more self-sufficient producers from the land, especially in places like rural areas of the American West, and one of the best ways to accomplish that might be with crushing weather patterns (drought, floods, fires, monster storms, harsh winters, etc.)— to what extent is that what’s going on?

Thoughts?
Last edited by tmac on April 4th, 2023, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

tmac wrote: April 4th, 2023, 8:49 am The forecast for this storm in our area had been for 5-8” of snow, which is still a plenty healthy spring storm, but we ended up with more than double the highest forecast amount, for our second heaviest storm of the year, and what seemed like a serious punctuation mark on the tail end of this winter. Plus it is very heavy, wet snow, and I’m sure is packing at least 2” of water.

Now, here’s my question (and I can’t remember weather it has been fully discussed yet in this thread or not): To what extent is God in charge of the weather and the elements at this point? And, to what extent are they being manipulated by the worldly TPTB?

One of the theories that has been floating for a while is that TPTB, through Agenda 2030, etc., want to remove independent-thinking, and more self-sufficient producers from the land, especially in places like rural areas of the American West, and one of the best ways to accomplish that might be with crushing weather patterns — to what extent is that what’s going on?

Thoughts?
A high likely hood that at least some manipulation is going on. One of the real oddities within the past 10 years plus was the persistent high off the coast of Calif during the earlier part of that time (2011 to 2017), causing droughts and subsequent fires. Notice that this seemed to dissipate after Trump was elected . . . though there were also big fires in the later part of this period.

My wife has followed this quite extensively and is convinced the 'high' was produced artificially. Maybe I can get her to log on and post her evidence for this happening.

Back in the late '70s, when I was flying back from an Alaskan field trip, my seat mate was a scientist/physicist who was working on HARP. We later went to lunch in Paly. Of course, back then, such an idea of weather manipulation had never entered my mind outside of cloud seeding, and the HARP guy seemed very earnest and above-board.