Faith Matters Podcast vs. The Brethren

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Faith Matters Podcast vs. The Brethren

Post by endlessQuestions »

An interesting video, in my opinion:
It is more than five minutes long, so buyer beware.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Faith Matters Podcast vs. The Brethren

Post by Cruiserdude »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:50 pm An interesting video, in my opinion:
The Neil Maxwell quote at the end..... 😬😬

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

For me this video was fascinating because it shows the tightrope the Brethren have to walk.

On the one hand they've got us hammering on them from the right

And on the other hand they've got Faith Matters hammering on them from the left.

Neither side is happy with the direction the Church is heading.

Just struck me as worth pondering about.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Does it matter what either group says? In reality, a true "prophet" would invoke the name of the Lord and say what God wants to be said, not how WE want it to be done. If you're gonna say you are a PSR, then get to PSRing and let the chips fall where they may.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:50 pm Does it matter what either group says? In reality, a true "prophet" would invoke the name of the Lord and say what God wants to be said, not how WE want it to be done. If you're gonna say you are a PSR, then get to PSRing and let the chips fall where they may.
exactly. like Samuel anointing Saul for a king. I mean the Lord wouldn't do that because the people wanted it, would he?

Hugh Akston
captain of 10

Post by Hugh Akston »

Effective strategy. These people and their ideas speak for themselves. Not much commentary is needed.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:50 pm Does it matter what either group says? In reality, a true "prophet" would invoke the name of the Lord and say what God wants to be said, not how WE want it to be done. If you're gonna say you are a PSR, then get to PSRing and let the chips fall where they may.
This would be the case if they were actually PSRs and weren't so worried about their portfolio.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Mindfields wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:05 am
This would be the case if they were actually PSRs and weren't so worried about their portfolio.
Exactly.

The red-chair club is now a clown show.

-Emphatically stating they can't lead anyone astray...then leading ALL 16 million astray with their urging of the deadly Godsend.

-Lecturing constantly about being honest in your dealings...then hiding billions and deceptively setting up shell companies for EPA

-Talking about Zion...while partnering with Babylon UN, UNICEF.

-They incessantly repeat catch phrases like "hear Him"...while getting further away from His scriptures and doctrine.

I have concluded the church has been hijacked. They want to present the proper image...to keep donations flowing their way...but their hearts and fruits are in an entirely different place.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

TheDuke wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:15 pm
exactly. like Samuel anointing Saul for a king. I mean the Lord wouldn't do that because the people wanted it, would he?
Wow, either you know better Duke or you totally misunderstand the whole king thing and the Davidic covenant.

Besides one is evil (hint: murdering babies) the other is just misguided, foolish, and a huge step down.

🪜

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Fair point. But are you then saying our current leaders are no better then King Saul?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The Red Pill wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:42 pm
Exactly.

-Emphatically stating they can't lead anyone astray...then leading ALL 16 million astray with their urging of the deadly Godsend.

-Lecturing constantly about being honest in your dealings...then hiding billions and deceptively setting up shell companies for EPA

-They incessantly repeat catch phrases like "hear Him"...while getting further away from His scriptures and doctrine.

I have concluded the church has been hijacked. They want to present the proper image...to keep donations flowing their way...but their hearts and fruits are in an entirely different place.

It seems to have been hijacked by a couple of 90-somethings who've been in leadership for several decades. I think they are just floundering in delusion after losing their grip on what actually mattered.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:30 am
The Red Pill wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:42 pm

Exactly.

It seems to have been hijacked by a couple of 90-somethings who've been in leadership for several decades. I think they are just floundering in delusion after losing their grip on what actually mattered.
It's not just the the old men, look at Dew, Eubanks, etc. It's all of them in leadership. They are all captured by agendas that aren't the Lord's.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

If they had girls exclusively pass the sacrament, they would complain that the patriarchy was delegating them to servitude.

These folks will never be happy unless they are totalitarian rulers answerable to no one.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

The church has both the progmos and the traditionalists convinced that gay sealings are inevitable.

This video is full of church leaders saying that the traditional family is ordained of God, but the church's policies continue to move left on social issues.

The message from the Brethren™️ is muddled and mixed.

If they were bold unapologetic disciples of Christ they'd speak in absolute terms. There would be no ambiguity.

And maybe many people would leave the church. Maybe the activists would be angry. Maybe the byu football team would get kicked out of the Big 12. Maybe Anderson Cooper would host a panel discussion about the Mormon bigots in Utah.

And maybe we'd also have a Christ-centered church thriving in truth and light.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ransomme wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:48 pm
Wow, either you know better Duke or you totally misunderstand the whole king thing and the Davidic covenant.

Besides one is evil (hint: murdering babies) the other is just misguided, foolish, and a huge step down.

🪜
You may or may not like the story but it says god listened to the desires of the people. Reluctant says the is a bad prophet, today! I refuted his wrongful statement

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:50 pm An interesting video, in my opinion:
Just from the video, I find myself squarely on the side of the brethren. It's just too bad the brethren's actions don't always seem to be aligned with how the video presents them as being.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Or like that other Samuel...the Lamanite who prophesied on the city wall?

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

The parable of the wheat and the tares actually will play out inside the church (as well as outside), IMO. That is, there are many, many people inside the church who are tares and look forward to gay sealings. These people are not cut off now because they must grow together with the wheat. This is why the brethren are very careful — they are ensuring the wheat and tares grow together. It will all be sorted in the Lord’s time.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

TheDuke wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:25 pm

🪜
You may or may not like the story but it says god listened to the desires of the people. Reluctant says the is a bad prophet, today! I refuted his wrongful statement
He gave them a king, but that is much much different than approving abortion and selecting a doctor for them. You completely misapply the concept.

If we all desired ponies, will we all get those too? Seriously...

It is also different than giving the people over to their desires. For instance, if people want to worship false idols, they are welcome to do so for a time...and for a price.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ransomme wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:37 pm
TheDuke wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:25 pm

🪜
He gave them a king, but that is much much different than approving abortion and selecting a doctor for them. You completely misapply the concept.

If we all desired ponies, will we all get those too? Seriously...

It is also different than giving the people over to their desires. For instance, if people want to worship false idols, they are welcome to do so for a time...and for a price.
agreed. but that is not what Reluctant was saying. He was saying that "a true prophet would not give people what the y want".......... Period. There was no disclaimer. Also, please send me the link where a prophet recommended abortion and selected the Dr! Giving you 0-100 on odds of that one.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

TheDuke wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:46 pm
Also, please send me the link where a prophet recommended abortion and selected the Dr! Giving you 0-100 on odds of that one.
Here’s God’s current prophet preaching against abortion.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... e?lang=eng

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

cyclOps wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:06 am
Also, please send me the link where a prophet recommended abortion and selected the Dr! Giving you 0-100 on odds of that one.

While at the same time donating cash to see that abortion is not slowed. While at the same time promoting the jab which causes sterility and miscarriage. While at the same time attempting to murder those stupid enough to get jabbed. While at the same time laughing their arses off at how gullible the people are that think they receive any more revelation or inspiration than anyone else.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Fred wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:21 am
cyclOps wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:06 am

While at the same time donating cash to see that abortion is not slowed. While at the same time promoting the jab which causes sterility and miscarriage. While at the same time attempting to murder those stupid enough to get jabbed. While at the same time laughing their arses off at how gullible the people are that think they receive any more revelation or inspiration than anyone else.
You respond to a valid conversation with illogical string of unsupported, vague off-topic accusations. Thanks Fred. I guess you're inability to respond directly to the question in any honest manner means you have no ammo and want to throw up a smokescreen in failure.

Your respond just like any Soros funded democrat. Easy to see through.