48 pages of--Look what WE did!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Re: 48 pages of--Look what WE did!

Post by JK4Woods »

Seed Starter wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 2:36 pm Can someone link to the 2021 report?
Yeah… how about the reports from ten years ago….

Oops… there aren’t any….

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

JK4Woods wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 4:49 pm What irks me is the disclaimer on the donation slips, that despite indicating which fund or use the member donation is listed for, the church out right says it can do whatever it wants with the money.
As it see fit.
And they have - for a very long time.

So- give of your surplus to those around you- to the poor AMONG you - as you see fit, guided by the Spirit .
Let's cut them (leaders) off !! No more $$$$$$ to play with
Party's OVER

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

JK4Woods wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 4:51 pm
Seed Starter wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 2:36 pm Can someone link to the 2021 report?
Yeah… how about the reports from ten years ago….

Oops… there aren’t any….
Do you mean to tell me they decided to start this annual report this year? Why not release this in January of this year? I'm sure the data was available then. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but if I had the data I could have created this report myself well before the end of Q1 2023. I think the church PR geniuses started on it right before or right after the SEC settlement because they think it will offset things. In a way this is true. My Dad forwarded the church email to me an hour after it showed up in my inbox with no explanation. It's TBM ammo to shore up the base and aid in the defense of the church. My instant reaction to seeing this email was to think of the alms scripture. It's hardly a TBM offset to the SEC issue since the publishing of the report from the mountain top is contrary to the words of Jesus himself.

The church did a story about itself and pushed it out like a press release. I know what a trumpet sounds like. "Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee."

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Holy cow! Look at the "all is well in zioners" commenting on KSL. They are gushing with PRIDE over this report.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 2:24 pm
“Since 2018, Church headquarters has reduced its yearly water consumption by 38 million gallons.”
Did we mention that we ripped up all the landscaping around church headquarters in 2019?

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

They so eloquently put lipstick on the tithing pig.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 8:30 am Wow… this is interesting. While I take issue w/ much of what the church does, I’m one of the few proponents for supporting an organized, collective effort to care for the poor using a church structure.
I actually believe it should be the churches responsibility, not the government, but the church, and not just the Mormon church, but all churches. I feel the Lord was very clear on this concept in his teachings about giving to the poor and needy. And yes the membership as well should donate, but not the way the church has it set up today.