Church Inc. is a tare

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
ransomme
captain of 1,000

Church Inc. is a tare

Post by ransomme »

Hopefully, much wheat may be separated from the tare before Church Inc. is burned up. Her speech is plain and precious. It matches up well with many patterns and understandings that I have received through inspiration by the Spirit over my journey the past 18 years, especially over the last 3-4 years.

I haven't heard any of her other videos before. So it will be interesting to hear what else she may share.

44 mins

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: Church Inc. is a tare

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Interesting. I've never seen videos from this person before. One more Book of Mormon believer taking seriously the prophecy of the Book of Mormon about the gentile age coming to an end, the condemnation placed in 1831 (32?), and the literal gathering aspect of zion and making videos about it. There is an awakening occurring.

I think people are thirsting for another way of life. I really worry about the inability for many in their late 60s/early 70s (and beyond) to afford retirement. Through work, I see a lot of moms that just aren't happy with the day to day grind of modern life. Young, new wives that feel anxiety they consider to be profound enough that it's a considerable problem, and this hits them during a time you'd hope they'd be excited and feel a spring in their step from their young love and the prospect of beginning to build a life with their new husbands.

I don't know everything but just making judgments based off what I see, I feel most people are walking through modern life wishing and yearning for something more.

I wish for all of our sake's that God's kingdom would arrive soon and our lives would be centered on building up his kingdom on earth.

If only......

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

BuriedTartaria wrote: March 19th, 2023, 8:49 am Interesting. I've never seen videos from this person before. One more Book of Mormon believer taking seriously the prophecy of the Book of Mormon about the gentile age coming to an end, the condemnation placed in 1831 (32?), and the literal gathering aspect of zion and making videos about it. There is an awakening occurring.

I think people are thirsting for another way of life. I really worry about the inability for many in their late 60s/early 70s (and beyond) to afford retirement. Through work, I see a lot of moms that just aren't happy with the day to day grind of modern life. Young, new wives that feel anxiety they consider to be profound enough that it's a considerable problem, and this hits them during a time you'd hope they'd be excited and feel a spring in their step from their young love and the prospect of beginning to build a life with their new husbands.

I don't know everything but just making judgments based off what I see, I feel most people are walking through modern life wishing and yearning for something more.

I wish for all of our sake's that God's kingdom would arrive soon and our lives would be centered on building up his kingdom on earth.

If only......

“I think people are thirsting for another way of life. I really worry about the inability for many in their late 60s/early 70s (and beyond) to afford retirement. Through work, I see a lot of moms that just aren't happy with the day to day grind of modern life. Young, new wives that feel anxiety they consider to be profound enough that it's a considerable problem, and this hits them during a time you'd hope they'd be excited and feel a spring in their step from their young love and the prospect of beginning to build a life with their new husbands.“

Welcome to the dreary plodding Soviet way of life back in the ‘fifties thru the eighties …

We are there in the same boat… living the counterfeit of Liberty and freedom, with false hope that buying this or that will generate happiness.

Slaves to debt with endless signals from every arena bludgeoning us with consumer snares of depreciated self-worth, with the only societal solution presented is to shop more, imitate celebrity stars, and emulate powerful peoples lifestyles, including some in urban locations, adopting criminal actions (thugs and gang members).

The sheep know not the voice of the Shepard.

I find greater joy seeing my fruit trees budding and flowering that anything on the TV ….
Last edited by JK4Woods on March 19th, 2023, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Said the original 12 to no one ever:
“Do you believe that Peter is the prophet and that he leads this church today? Do you believe we are are prophets, seers, revelators? Do you sustain us? Will you give the church 10%? No? Then you can’t be baptized, sorry man. Good luck.”

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Is that Gina Colvin?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

:geek:
ransomme wrote: March 19th, 2023, 7:06 am Hopefully, much wheat may be separated from the tare before Church Inc. is burned up. Her speech is plain and precious. It matches up well with many patterns and understandings that I have received through inspiration by the Spirit over my journey the past 18 years, especially over the last 3-4 years.

I haven't heard any of her other videos before. So it will be interesting to hear what else she may share.

44 mins
Is it right for a woman to be teaching men? What kind of follower of Paul are you? JK lol

I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant, not because she is a woman and only needs to be taught by her Husband as Paul and Moses had instructed.

The everlasting covenant was always taught to a man, to be like his father. As such that man would teach other men. What profits an 8 day old to be circumcised? Obviously there is a lot more to this covenant that Abraham was given. It’s Kabbalah.

GüdFüdDude
captain of 100

Post by GüdFüdDude »

Enjoyed the video.

In the video, the person mentions a JST document retained by Emma and kept out of BY's hands etc "for over a hundred years".

(I think it was the JST Bible translation, not sure.)

Does this mean the JST footnotes in the LDS Bible are only a small portion of what I otherwise could be reading of his translation?

What was implied to happen after the 100 years? -- was there a full JST Bible that was published?

If so, where is it? (If it's common in LDS bookstores, I wonder how I missed it.)

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Mamabear wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:36 am Said the original 12 to no one ever:
“Do you believe that Peter is the prophet and that he leads this church today? Do you believe we are are prophets, seers, revelators? Do you sustain us? Will you give the church 10%? No? Then you can’t be baptized, sorry man. Good luck.”
Thoughts trapped in a box.

Who controlled the temple?

Their society would harass anyone not worthy to go in the temple.

Imagine everyone knowing your business, if a known adulterer leaves the house they might be stoned.

How many women could be tried for adultery in the church today? “You left your husband without fornication?” “Oh he was a drunk?” Still adultery.

Oh yeah Jesus is sexist, that is an adultery for a man, not a woman. Matthew 19:9 That is because a man can marry another, the Lord lived during a time of polygamy and he never called it an abomination to the People of Jerusalem.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Great video! Glad to see more people waking up!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:42 pm I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant, not because she is a woman and only needs to be taught by her Husband as Paul and Moses had instructed.
There were plenty of women prophetesses and I'm sure they were all completely capable of teaching men. Gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.

I wholeheartedly reject your premise.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

GüdFüdDude wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:45 pm Does this mean the JST footnotes in the LDS Bible are only a small portion of what I otherwise could be reading of his translation?
Yes, that's what that means.

The church received copyright of a small portion, but the RLDS retained the rest. Our church eventually lost interest.

The New Translation going forth in one volume with the BoM is a prophecy that will be fulfilled in the future when the "greater things' go forth and establish the truth of "the lesser things".

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:05 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:42 pm I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant, not because she is a woman and only needs to be taught by her Husband as Paul and Moses had instructed.
There were plenty of women prophetesses and I'm sure they were all completely capable of teaching men. Gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.

My reply was worded in a way that might be over your head brother. Did any of these prophetess teach or renew the everlasting covenant?

Per Isaiah we are damned for breaking the everlasting covenant, if it was only baptism wouldn’t it be easy to fix?

We then could be like mother Teresa and baptize the dying and let the lord deal with them.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

ransomme wrote: March 19th, 2023, 7:06 am Hopefully, much wheat may be separated from the tare before Church Inc. is burned up. Her speech is plain and precious. It matches up well with many patterns and understandings that I have received through inspiration by the Spirit over my journey the past 18 years, especially over the last 3-4 years.

44 mins
Yeah, she does a good job.

One thing I'd add though is that the "confounding" of false doctrines mentioned in 2 Ne 3 only had a pre-fulfillment with the coming forth of the BoM. It's not fulfilled though because they have to go forth together and that never happened. They also have to actually confound false doctrines and that hasn't happened yet as our debates here on forum testify of, lol. If you include the Nauvoo doctrines, we introduced more confusion than we actually confounded.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:25 pm My reply was worded in a way that might be over your head brother.
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:50 pm

Imagine everyone knowing your business, if a known adulterer leaves the house they might be stoned.

How many women could be tried for adultery in the church today? “You left your husband without fornication?” “Oh he was a drunk?” Still adultery.

Oh yeah Jesus is sexist, that is an adultery for a man, not a woman. Matthew 19:9 That is because a man can marry another, the Lord lived during a time of polygamy and he never called it an abomination to the People of Jerusalem.
That has nothing to do with what I said. The “restored church” (which seems like an Old Testament church to me), has heavy reliance on men claiming to be “prophets” and following them is a requirement to be baptized. That wasn’t part of Christ’s teachings.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

BuriedTartaria wrote: March 19th, 2023, 8:49 am Interesting. I've never seen videos from this person before. One more Book of Mormon believer taking seriously the prophecy of the Book of Mormon about the gentile age coming to an end, the condemnation placed in 1831 (32?), and the literal gathering aspect of zion and making videos about it. There is an awakening occurring.

If only......
She's something to do with Justin Griffin et al.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

44 mins
I love the way she compares the wheat and tares parable with the way the church is growing, giving clear reason why we should not take all things church as gospel.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:31 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:25 pm My reply was worded in a way that might be over your head brother.
Whatever you have to tell yourself.
Your words twisted my words to the point that I can not believe Deborah was a fair and righteous judge and prophetess without being a hypocrite.

Did she teach the everlasting covenant? Nay.

Why? Because she was a righteous prophetess.

Now if it was “only” about being baptize like you say per D&C 22 then a righteous prophetess should be able to instruct anyone in it.

But then again if it was only about baptism then it isn’t new like Jeremiah 31:31 says. Jeremiah says an Ephraimite would bring this to pass (Jospeh) a Jew brought this to pass, 1830ish years before Jospeh or 600ish years after Jeremiah, his name was John the Baptist.

Weird, I’m sure the Holy Ghost has shown you this simple issue with your thoughts already.

D&C 22 is saying you need to be baptize with the proper authority and that is part of the “New Everlasting Covenant”!

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Mamabear wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:33 pm

That has nothing to do with what I said. The “restored church” (which seems like an Old Testament church to me), has heavy reliance on men claiming to be “prophets” and following them is a requirement to be baptized. That wasn’t part of Christ’s teachings.
Christ didn’t teach by example? I think he got baptized lol

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:50 pm Your words twisted my words to the point that I can not believe Deborah was a fair and righteous judge and prophetess without being a hypocrite.

Did she teach the everlasting covenant? Nay.

Why? Because she was a righteous prophetess.

Now if it was “only” about being baptize like you say per D&C 22 then a righteous prophetess should be able to instruct anyone in it.

But then again if it was only about baptism then it isn’t new like Jeremiah 31:31 says. Jeremiah says an Ephraimite would bring this to pass (Jospeh) a Jew brought this to pass, 1830ish years before Jospeh or 600ish years after Jeremiah, his name was John the Baptist.

Weird, I’m sure the Holy Ghost has shown you this simple issue with your thoughts already.

D&C 22 is saying you need to be baptize with the proper authority and that is part of the “New Everlasting Covenant”!
I never said anything about Deborah and I never said it was only about baptism.

I must say, I can't follow your flow of logic.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Never said he didn’t. I wonder who interviewed him though.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:05 pm

I said “I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant”

You said “There were plenty of women prophetesses and I'm sure they were all completely capable of teaching men. Gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.”

What did you mean by this? Remember you replied to me so this should be your flow logic…. I replied to the OP…

I also love your vague terms, about everlasting covenant, which I would liken to Bill Clinton and the blue dress! You didn’t say that, because you have said nothing besides look it up……

Men won’t act so we are damned?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Mamabear wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:21 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Never said he didn’t. I wonder who interviewed him though.
The Pharisees and Sadducees, every chance they could get.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:29 pm I said “I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant”

You said “There were plenty of women prophetesses and I'm sure they were all completely capable of teaching men. Gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.”

What did you mean by this? Remember you replied to me so this should be your flow logic…. I replied to the OP…

I also love your vague terms, about everlasting covenant, which I would liken to Bill Clinton and the blue dress! You didn’t say that, because you have said nothing besides look it up……

I meant just what I said, "gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.” Your remarks seem highly sexist to me, but that's just my opinion.

The everlasting covenant is to repent and believe in Christ followed by the threefold baptism of water, fire, and the Holy Ghost.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:42 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:29 pm I said “I do not believe a woman should be educating men on the everlasting covenant”

I meant just what I said, "gender has nothing to do with one's ability to teach.” Your remarks seem highly sexist to me, but that's just my opinion.

The everlasting covenant is to repent and believe in Christ followed by the threefold baptism of water, fire, and the Holy Ghost.
Remember, Jesus was sexist!

What John taught!

So we should be Catholic, they are a direct church from Peter! Something about resisting hell blah blah blah.

Why isn’t John a Ephraimite?