Cleansing of the Church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: Cleansing of the Church

Post by blitzinstripes »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:00 am
blitzinstripes wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:58 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:57 pm I think it should be noted that Luke just damned all of you who don’t wholeheartedly agree with and accept polygamy, and he did so while claiming this came from God, or that you have lost favor in the sight of God. Just ponder on that for a moment.
Rather, we can expect the Lord to damn all of the pedophiles and perverts who hide behind that filthy, false doctrine (polygamy)to justify their own carnal appetites.
So peds that don’t believe in polygamy are blessed?

Your words are meaningless, Biden, is that you?
Cognitive dissonance? AOC, is that you?

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Polygamy is dead. It takes a special kind of fanaticism to try to promote it. In an LGBTQ+ age it can only lead to even greater perversion of multiple same sex partners being given the right to “marry”. There is no legitimate reason to promote multiple partners of any kind. When marriage between one man and one woman was the norm with strong societal discouragement of divorce, we were all better off. Now we are headed towards chaos.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

blitzinstripes wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:09 am

Rather, we can expect the Lord to damn all of the pedophiles and perverts who hide behind that filthy, false doctrine (polygamy)to justify their own carnal appetites.

Cognitive dissonance? AOC, is that you?
I’m so sexy!!!

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:03 am

Of course they are, but polygamy is a bit of a special breed. They used supposed religious authority to justify perversions in the name of the Lord.
I think the idea of a Davidic servant is overrated too.

David was a horrible man who had many wives and concubines but Jesus quoted him more then anyone else, so weird. Almost like the hard hearted people who are damned to hell is worse then the sins of Sodom. If I was smarter I would understand this, luckily I am dumb and think my god is always changing……..

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:36 am I think the idea of a Davidic servant is overrated too.

David was a horrible man who had many wives and concubines but Jesus quoted him more then anyone else, so weird. Almost like the hard hearted people who are damned to hell is worse then the sins of Sodom. If I was smarter I would understand this, luckily I am dumb and think my god is always changing……..
To try and support you position by alluding to the idea that God is unchanging is “off” at best. By stating this assumption you are denying what Jacob taught in Jacob 2:30, not to mention a mountain of other historical examples of the Lord being selective in how He works among the children of men.

Your justification is the exact same thing the wicked Nephites did.

Amuloron: “Hey, you’ll never guess what I read in the plates this morning”
Helorum: “Dude… we can have more than one wife… SWEEEETTT!!!”
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on March 20th, 2023, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:39 am
Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:36 am I think the idea of a Davidic servant is overrated too.

To try and support you position by alluding to the idea that God is unchanging is “off” at best. By stating this assumption you are denying what Jacob taught in Jacob 2:30, not to mention a mountain of other historical examples of the Lord being selective in how He works among the children of men.
Jacob words it in a way that Abraham wasn’t an abomination with one wife and two concubines

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:41 am

Jacob words it in a way that Abraham wasn’t an abomination with one wife and two concubines
Abraham wasn’t. It becomes an abomination when the Lord doesn’t command it. That’s why Hyrum used those exact words. He said the Lord never commanded any of these men to live spiritual wifery and polygamy. IMO he was very intentional in his choice of words. Nobody in our generation was given this commandment.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on March 20th, 2023, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Being There wrote: March 19th, 2023, 4:55 pm lol.
always always turns into a polygamy debate.
SMH
as if polygamy - is all that matters. :roll:

and the funny thing is - is that -
whether those that are for it - or those that are against,
always use Joseph Smith to prove they're right.
lol.
I always wonder why people do not go directly to the Lord and ask rather than seeking answers from men.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:43 am
Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:41 am

Abraham wasn’t. It becomes an abomination when the Lord doesn’t command it. That’s why Hyrum used those exact words. He said the Lord never commanded any of these men to live spiritual wifery and polygamy. IMO he was very intentional in his choice of words. Nobody in our generation was given this commandment.
Who preached Adam is God?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:46 am Who preached Adam is God?
Whether it be Joseph or Brigham, it is wrong.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:48 am
We are Damned, because we as a society have broken the everlasting covenant.

So what is the everlasting covenant to you?

This world is about showing us our true colors in diversity. Everyone claims to choose the right until they are tried.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:55 am

This world is about showing us our true colors in diversity. Everyone claims to choose the right until they are tried.
The everlasting covenant was the original union between Mother and Father. To bring about creation. The New and Everlasting Covenant was the formation of the Godhead as we know it. Elohim, the HG, and Jesus as Savior and Redeemer.

All of the gospel of Christ is encapsulated in this New covenant, and that includes a broken heart and contrite spirit.

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

SMH

lol.
This isn't the thread for it but the Bible alone could be used to prove that plural marriage is of God, not a sin, and the standard for marriage for those seeking exaltation in the highest Kingdom of God.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:01 am
Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:55 am

The everlasting covenant was the original union between Mother and Father. To bring about creation. The New and Everlasting Covenant was the formation of the Godhead as we know it. Elohim, the HG, and Jesus as Savior and Redeemer.

All of the gospel of Christ is encapsulated in this New covenant, and that includes a broken heart and contrite spirit.
Jeremiah (31) and Isaiah (28) said that an Ephraimite would bring about his gospel in the last days. Jeremiah said Ephraim would bring about his new everlasting covenant (31:31). Who was this and if it was Jospeh the why didn’t Jospeh teach this openly and plainly?

These are the questions I ask myself, I’m not trying to give you a hard time. Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

mikewoodings wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:21 am
SMH

lol.
This isn't the thread for it but the Bible alone could be used to prove that plural marriage is of God, not a sin, and the standard for marriage for those seeking exaltation in the highest Kingdom of God.
Hello, Jacobite Nephite.

The only thing the Bible can prove is that a few dispensational heads lived polygamy and were seemingly sanctioned by God. And that a few were not sanctioned and were condemned. NOTHING in the Bible supports it as an exalting doctrine. Monogamy is highly support in all canon of scripture.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on March 20th, 2023, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

And the opinions and philosophies of men bluster on and on.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:21 am
Jeremiah (31) and Isaiah (28) said that an Ephraimite would bring about his gospel in the last days. Jeremiah said Ephraim would bring about his new everlasting covenant (31:31). Who was this and if it was Jospeh the why didn’t Jospeh teach this openly and plainly?

These are the questions I ask myself, I’m not trying to give you a hard time. Love thy neighbor as thyself.
The MSMs, which are in bed with TPTB, are quick to push us to despise our neighbors, to attack all who are different from us. We have found that by getting out and actually meeting our neighbors, we have more in common than not.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Momma J wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:40 am
Bronco73idi wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:21 am

The MSMs, which are in bed with TPTB, are quick to push us to despise our neighbors, to attack all who are different from us. We have found that by getting out and actually meeting our neighbors, we have more in common than not.
I personally hope to meet my neighbors, all of these men and women on here in Zion one day, about a decade from now.

I know my physical neighbors now ;)

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:23 am
SMH

lol.
Hello, Jacobite Nephite.

The only thing the Bible can prove is that a few dispensational heads lived polygamy and were seemingly sanctioned by God. And that a few were not sanctioned and were condemned. NOTHING in the poly supports it as an exalting doctrine. Monogamy is highly support in all canon of scripture.

"...those seeking exaltation in the highest kingdom of God.."

I believe words of Christ:
" If ye Keep my commandments and endure to the end [retain remission of sins- be in remission] ye shall have Eternal Life, which gift is the
Greatest of All the gifts of God"
So what is there greater/more exalting than that- Eternal Life ?? What is there "higher , highest"?! nothing, IMO
and the "church" and all its special "higher" ordinances /power/authority/keys bs ( including section 132) doesn't stand between me/anyone and the availability of the Greatest of all the gifts of God !

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:58 am

Hello, Jacobite Nephite.

The only thing the Bible can prove is that a few dispensational heads lived polygamy and were seemingly sanctioned by God. And that a few were not sanctioned and were condemned. NOTHING in the poly supports it as an exalting doctrine. Monogamy is highly support in all canon of scripture.

"...those seeking exaltation in the highest kingdom of God.."

I believe words of Christ:
" If ye Keep my commandments and endure to the end [retain remission of sins- be in remission] ye shall have Eternal Life, which gift is the
Greatest of All the gifts of God"
So what is there greater/more exalting than that- Eternal Life ?? What is there "higher , highest"?! nothing, IMO
and the "church" and all its special "higher" ordinances /power/authority/keys bs ( including section 132) doesn't stand between me/anyone and the availability of the Greatest of all the gifts of God !
You are right, Mark 12, we can all be angels.

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

SMH

lol.
Hello, Jacobite Nephite.

It wasn't only practiced by dispensation heads but many great men in the Bible. King Abimelech is a great example of a righteous man that had multiples wives and wasn't a dispensation head. God even warned him in a dream that he had accidentally taken the wife of Abraham as a wife.
7 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst do this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me; therefore suffered I not thee to touch her.
That would have been a great time to reprimand him for having multiple wives if it was actually a sin...

There are many other examples that I could list if you'd like.

Which ones were sanctioned and condemned by anyone other than Jacob?
1 Kings 15:5: Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.
I of course believe in the Book of Mormon.. but ya'll on here are quick dismiss 3rd hand quotes... Is not Jacob 2 a 3rd hand account of what God said?

He could have doubled down on that in D&C 132...
38 David also received amany wives and concubines, and also Solomon and Moses my servants, as also many others of my servants, from the beginning of creation until this time; and in nothing did they sin save in those things which they received not of me.
39 David’s wives and concubines were given unto him of me, by the hand of Nathan, my servant, and others of the prophets who had the ckeys of this power; and in none of these things did he sin against me save in the case of Uriah and his wife; and, therefore he hath fallen from his exaltation, and received his portion; and he shall not inherit them out of the world, for I gave them unto another, saith the Lord.
As far as it not being supported as an exalting doctrine... No, it does not directly say that. But look at how Jesus talked to Nicodemus about baptism.
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?
I don't think that God or Jesus would straight up say that man must marry 2-3 women in order to receive the highest exaltation in His Kingdom in a book given to the entire world. It just doesn't seem like His way of doing things. But if we analyze who are the people that practiced plural marriage and their relation with God and Jesus Christ I think we can come to our own conclusions about what is necessary to receive that same glory... More important than that we must ask.

Joseph Smith said
“The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching.”

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

tmac wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:32 am And the opinions and philosophies of men bluster on and on.
One side of the argument is on the side of truth here...and one side is not.

Both CANNOT be wrong
Both CANNOT be right

So...I see debate, research, looking at both sides and an honest effort to get to the bottom of this, a worthwhile process for those on the fence.

The truth should supercede tradition, worldview or personal belief.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:39 am Amuloron: “Hey, you’ll never guess what I read in the plates this morning”
Except we aren’t doing this.

For me, it took a lot of fasting and prayer to come to believe in the doctrine of CPM. It didn’t come from a place of lust. I wrestled with it for months on end. I had no desire to have anything to do with polygamy, until I was converted.

All this does is show your heart to those of us with discernment. The fact that you assume lust where it doesn’t exist exposes YOUR heart as the one which is filthy and lustful.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke wrote: March 20th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:39 am Amuloron: “Hey, you’ll never guess what I read in the plates this morning”
Except we aren’t doing this.

For me, it took a lot of fasting and prayer to come to believe in the doctrine of CPM. It didn’t come from a place of lust. I wrestled with it for months on end. I had no desire to have anything to do with polygamy, until I was converted.

All this does is show your heart to those of us with discernment. The fact that you assume lust where it doesn’t exist exposes YOUR heart as the one which is filthy and lustful.
You don't agree with Helorum?

I guess you missed my American sarcasm.

And of course, Im the evil, lustful whoremonger. I always forget that part.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke, to think that lust didn't play a small part through the ages is missing the obvious. And to claim that someone who opposes polygamy, and citing the obvious lustful aspect, is themselves "lustful" in their heart, is a bit of a stretch IMO.