Jesus Christ was an occultist.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Jesus Christ was an occultist.

Post by Original_Intent »

Click-bait title, I'll admit, but provable from the scriptures.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. Matthew 13: 10-11 KJV
Jesus taught in parables not to explain spiritual truths to the masses, but to VEIL spiritual truths from the masses.
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Luke 8:10 KJV
Again, clearly He was teaching in a manner that hid the meaning for those that could discern it - this is a dictionary definition of the occult which means "to hide"

Certainly there were times that Jesus taught more openly and easy for anyone to understand - but the same could be said of almost any occultist. Occultism doesn't mean every single truth must be veiled. One could even guess that milk passes easily thru a veil where meat does not.

So, why would Jesus teach in this way? It seems that perhaps he was dooming some to fail where if He had just come out and said it they might be saved.

The answer is that this is not the manner in which we are meant to be saved.
15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16: 15-18
We know that this is a play on words of Peter's name, but we also know that the rock Jesus was speaking of is revelation, as he states in verse 17 that Peter is blessed because it was not revealed to him by flesh and blood, but by Heavenly Father.

For something to be revealed it must first be hidden (occulted).

When you are studying scriptures and something does not make sense to you, do not gloss over it and continue with your reading. One useful method of studying the scriptures is to actively seek out those scriptures which don't make sense to you. They are opportunities for revelation.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Jesus Christ was an occultist.

Post by endlessQuestions »

This has definitely been on my mind the last several days.

Not even close to understanding.

Thanks for starting the discussion.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Original_Intent wrote: ↑March 16th, 2023, 11:20 am Click-bait title, I'll admit, but provable from the scriptures.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. Matthew 13: 10-11 KJV
Jesus taught in parables not to explain spiritual truths to the masses, but to VEIL spiritual truths from the masses.
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Luke 8:10 KJV
Again, clearly He was teaching in a manner that hid the meaning for those that could discern it - this is a dictionary definition of the occult which means "to hide"

Certainly there were times that Jesus taught more openly and easy for anyone to understand - but the same could be said of almost any occultist. Occultism doesn't mean every single truth must be veiled. One could even guess that milk passes easily thru a veil where meat does not.

So, why would Jesus teach in this way? It seems that perhaps he was dooming some to fail where if He had just come out and said it they might be saved.

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16: 15-18
We know that this is a play on words of Peter's name, but we also know that the rock Jesus was speaking of is revelation, as he states in verse 17 that Peter is blessed because it was not revealed to him by flesh and blood, but by Heavenly Father.

When you are studying scriptures and something does not make sense to you, do not gloss over it and continue with your reading. One useful method of studying the scriptures is to actively seek out those scriptures which don't make sense to you. They are opportunities for revelation.
I like how you worded this hereπŸ‘

"Jesus taught in parables not to explain spiritual truths to the masses, but to VEIL spiritual truths from the masses."

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Occultism, esotericism, spiritualism, etc, isn't inherently good or bad. There's the Luciferic side of it and the Christian side of it. It's fascinating to dive into.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

one reason for the truth to be hidden is that the actual truth of where we are and why and how it all works would would give license to the "unprepared" to go willy nilly in gratifying their lusts.

ie,
Can the Creator create anything even remotely imperfect , including the eventualities of free will?
Can a perfect being sin?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jesus was the best undercover boss.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

There are hidden meanings in the gospels for sure, but much of the gospel is overt, i.e. focussed on how you treat others, and preachings, as well as more private activities such as prayer. In line with EndlessQuestions' post elsewhere, I do not see his gospel as a left hand path.

The core of the gospel is very simple so that everyone can get it. The practice is harder but the understanding isn't.

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

Original_Intent wrote: ↑March 16th, 2023, 11:20 am Click-bait title, I'll admit, but provable from the scriptures.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to give more than one thumbs up to a post. :)

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Niemand wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 3:39 am There are hidden meanings in the gospels for sure, but much of the gospel is overt, i.e. focussed on how you treat others, and preachings, as well as more private activities such as prayer. In line with EndlessQuestions' post elsewhere, I do not see his gospel as a left hand path.

The core of the gospel is very simple so that everyone can get it. The practice is harder but the understanding isn't.
It was Jesus' regular MO, even with His disciples.

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

ransomme wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 6:44 am
Niemand wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 3:39 am There are hidden meanings in the gospels for sure, but much of the gospel is overt, i.e. focussed on how you treat others, and preachings, as well as more private activities such as prayer. In line with EndlessQuestions' post elsewhere, I do not see his gospel as a left hand path.

It was Jesus' regular MO, even with His disciples.

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
Woah, I missed that one, and it is even more indicative than the scriptures I quoted. "Without a parable spake he not unto them." :O

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

My thread where I discuss the Gospel of Thomas and Q. I do a full verse by verse breakdown within the thread.
viewtopic.php?t=69715

The upshot is that I think that the Gospel of Thomas contains authentic sayings of Jesus missing from the Bible, along with ones that concur with the canonical Bible and some which are plain false.

I think these verses are authentic.
8 Jesus said, β€œSome people are like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the water and pulled it out full of little fish. The fisherman spotted a fine big fish in their midst and immediately chose it over all the little fish, which he threw back into the water..."
10 Jesus said, β€œI have lit a spark in the midst of the world, and I am tending it until it becomes a blaze.”

Fight for the right
captain of 100

Post by Fight for the right »

Christ lives and we'll all stand in front of him some day. I surely wouldn't want this post connected to me when my time comes.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Fight for the right wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 5:29 pm Christ lives and we'll all stand in front of him some day. I surely wouldn't want this post connected to me when my time comes.
Did you even read it?

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

It's weird to me, the concept of a God who wouldn't wear clothes.

That's what that means, 'a god who keeps no secrets', well i happen to be a fan of appropriate secrets, there are always things appropriate to be shown and things appropriate to be concealed (at least while we are sojourning).
abijah wrote: ↑March 7th, 2023, 12:59 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: ↑March 5th, 2023, 1:03 pmAny system of secrecy is Luciferian from the beginning.
I'm not so sure. The scriptures describe the Lord as "a God who hides [Himself]". God is very much described as having his own secrets and mysteries that He keeps under lock and key until the proper time and season. Elijah's school of the prophets could probably be construed as a mystery cult (albeit a true one).

The symbolism behind things like the shekhina glory`cloud, the veils in the tabernacle/temple, the seraphim who have wings that mask themselves head to toe etc all speak to this concept of God's nature being simultaneously revealing as well as concealing. Kind of like the purpose of clothing (since this is a topic on aprons): both to cover as well as express.

I suspect the real key here is discovering what the key difference is between holy coversion and satanic coversion, between the 'mysteries of godliness' and 'mystery babylon'. Obviously one's purpose is to bless and the other is to curse, but I think there are potentially lessons to be learned in pondering why God hides Himself and contemplating how He only reveals Himself *in-season* so to speak, and in the proper way, and how this differs from the luciferian method/timing.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

People have to learn line up line. The people I have known who know deep mysteries but don't understand the small things are the most dangerous of all. They usually don't care much about others because they devote their whole lives to trying to "understand" (or rather worship) what they learned. I would imagine these are the type of people who molest children and murder innocent people. People have to be ready and when they are ready they will be thinking about what you are saying. So even though you are saying it in a round about way, they will get it.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

harakim wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 6:59 pm

People have to learn line up line. The people I have known who know deep mysteries but don't understand the small things are the most dangerous of all. They usually don't care much about others because they devote their whole lives to trying to "understand" (or rather worship) what they learned. I would imagine these are the type of people who molest children and murder innocent people. People have to be ready and when they are ready they will be thinking about what you are saying. So even though you are saying it in a round about way, they will get it.
The secrets do endow power. Power corrupts the mind of the uninitiated. I like the example found in the tv series, "stargate" where Anubis ascends "half way" and learns how to wield power in the physical world and then abuses it. It's very educational of the mechanics of this universe. All of this here is very mechanical . Some rules can be bent, and others broken, depending on 'where' a person 'is'.

The path of misery/selfishness grants almost as much power as the path of unselfishness/love.

A diligent and long term study of the priesthood, the kabbalah, alchemy, or hermetics can take a person to great heights, both good and evil. All of the foregoing paths require extreme discipline.

The path of the Living Son of God, Jesus Christ, is none of the foregoing. It's just a letting go and acceptance. The direct course home. As far as power goes, The Christ didn't still the sea by using 'effort' to control the trillions of pounds of water. He merely changed the film of the movie projector with an effortless thought.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

To me it seems that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ hide things from us out of mercy. If we know a law it seems we would be responsible for living it. If I am not ready to live the law, I'm grateful that They hold it back from me until I am ready to live it so that I won't be judged for failing to live it.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

abijah wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 5:41 pm It's weird to me, the concept of a God who wouldn't wear clothes.

That's what that means, 'a god who keeps no secrets', well i happen to be a fan of appropriate secrets, there are always things appropriate to be shown and things appropriate to be concealed (at least while we are sojourning).
abijah wrote: ↑March 7th, 2023, 12:59 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: ↑March 5th, 2023, 1:03 pmAny system of secrecy is Luciferian from the beginning.
I'm not so sure. The scriptures describe the Lord as "a God who hides [Himself]". God is very much described as having his own secrets and mysteries that He keeps under lock and key until the proper time and season. Elijah's school of the prophets could probably be construed as a mystery cult (albeit a true one).

The symbolism behind things like the shekhina glory`cloud, the veils in the tabernacle/temple, the seraphim who have wings that mask themselves head to toe etc all speak to this concept of God's nature being simultaneously revealing as well as concealing. Kind of like the purpose of clothing (since this is a topic on aprons): both to cover as well as express.

I suspect the real key here is discovering what the key difference is between holy coversion and satanic coversion, between the 'mysteries of godliness' and 'mystery babylon'. Obviously one's purpose is to bless and the other is to curse, but I think there are potentially lessons to be learned in pondering why God hides Himself and contemplating how He only reveals Himself *in-season* so to speak, and in the proper way, and how this differs from the luciferian method/timing.
β€œThe reason we do not have the secrets of the Lord revealed unto us, is because we do not keep them but reveal them; we do not keep our own secrets, but reveal our difficulties to the world, even to our enemies, then how would we keep the secrets of the Lord? I can keep a secret till Doomsday.” (Joseph Smith, 19 December 1841, TPJS 195)

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Luke wrote: ↑March 18th, 2023, 12:08 pm
abijah wrote: ↑March 17th, 2023, 5:41 pm It's weird to me, the concept of a God who wouldn't wear clothes.

abijah wrote: ↑March 7th, 2023, 12:59 pm I'm not so sure. The scriptures describe the Lord as "a God who hides [Himself]". God is very much described as having his own secrets and mysteries that He keeps under lock and key until the proper time and season. Elijah's school of the prophets could probably be construed as a mystery cult (albeit a true one).

β€œThe reason we do not have the secrets of the Lord revealed unto us, is because we do not keep them but reveal them; we do not keep our own secrets, but reveal our difficulties to the world, even to our enemies, then how would we keep the secrets of the Lord? I can keep a secret till Doomsday.” (Joseph Smith, 19 December 1841, TPJS 195)
I'm still trying to understand the principle behind keeping the Lord's secrets. I'm wondering if I'm missing other considerations beyond these:

1. Is it because of the whole milk vs meat thing?
2. Or is it related to pearls before swine?
3. Or is it related to how things revealed by/through the Spirit should only be passed along when the Spirit compels/accompanies it?
4. Are His secrets the same thing as His mysteries?
5. Are there times when His servants are commanded to reveal His secrets -- but is it ever to the unwashed masses or only to His chosen?

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

I liked your verbiage here - nice imagery:
One could even guess that milk passes easily thru a veil where meat does not.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Dusty Wanderer wrote: ↑March 18th, 2023, 12:30 pm

I'm still trying to understand the principle behind keeping the Lord's secrets. I'm wondering if I'm missing other considerations beyond these:

3. Or is it related to how things revealed by/through the Spirit should only be passed along when the Spirit compels/accompanies it?
5. Are there times when His servants are commanded to reveal His secrets -- but is it ever to the unwashed masses or only to His chosen?
Those are some good questions, which I am not going to try to answer :)

One thought that your questions provoked is that I have observed a path, that sacred things spoken of too openly over decades the sacred becomes mundane, then we profane and ultimately blaspheme. (Not all of us, but mankind as aa whole.)

How often in the Book of Mormon was the prophet about to write something and was constrained by the spirit not to write it? I don't know if it is a pearls before swine thing although that is possible since the Book of Mormon would go on to be available to everyone. But, I also think that there are some truths that the Lord or the Father simply retains the revelation to those whom He will.

Parables, or teaching while occulting, is much like the parable of the seed. Some will simply think "What a stupid story! Why should I listen to them?" Those with a different soil in their heart will ponder, and feel the nudgings that "There is something more here!" and, by and by, even if they did not understand the parable at the time they heard it, they might come to understand. An opportunity for revelation.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Original_Intent wrote: ↑March 18th, 2023, 12:51 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: ↑March 18th, 2023, 12:30 pm

Those are some good questions, which I am not going to try to answer :)

One thought that your questions provoked is that I have observed a path, that sacred things spoken of too openly over decades the sacred becomes mundane, then we profane and ultimately blaspheme. (Not all of us, but mankind as aa whole.)

How often in the Book of Mormon was the prophet about to write something and was constrained by the spirit not to write it? I don't know if it is a pearls before swine thing although that is possible since the Book of Mormon would go on to be available to everyone. But, I also think that there are some truths that the Lord or the Father simply retains the revelation to those whom He will.

Parables, or teaching while occulting, is much like the parable of the seed. Some will simply think "What a stupid story! Why should I listen to them?" Those with a different soil in their heart will ponder, and feel the nudgings that "There is something more here!" and, by and by, even if they did not understand the parable at the time they heard it, they might come to understand. An opportunity for revelation.
Great thoughts. Thank you.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: ↑March 18th, 2023, 12:08 pm β€œThe reason we do not have the secrets of the Lord revealed unto us, is because we do not keep them but reveal them; we do not keep our own secrets, but reveal our difficulties to the world, even to our enemies, then how would we keep the secrets of the Lord? I can keep a secret till Doomsday.” (Joseph Smith, 19 December 1841, TPJS 195)
An alleged quote from the same Nauvoo era where all secret works of darkness originated. Definitely not the same God who said:

"Come ye near unto me; I have not spoken in secret"

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Original_Intent wrote: ↑March 16th, 2023, 11:20 am Jesus taught in parables not to explain spiritual truths to the masses, but to VEIL spiritual truths from the masses.
I think this statement has to be rephrased.

Jesus taught to all openly what step one was, but to those who hid step two from themselves by not doing step one, those are the ones from whom he withheld step two.

Step one is open to all. To those who have completed step one, step two is open to all of them. To those who have completed step two, step three is open to all of them, and so on and so forth.
Last edited by Shawn Henry on March 18th, 2023, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I've said above that I believe some of these secrets and understandings are revealed by the Spirit. I also have another take on this, which is quasi-gnostic.

We are stuck in the material and biological realms which are fallen. Our languages are also limited in what they can express. Therefore to hint at things not easily expressed in language and alien to the natural man, Jesus used parables. Zen masters try and do something similar to break through materialism and physical logic.

There is the saying that a picture saves a thousand words. Well, the same applies in the spiritual realm. Sometimes to get over an idea, one has to use stories rather than long detailed explanations.