Endless Questions Research Moved to Private Forum. How to Access...

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Endless Questions Research Moved to Private Forum. How to Access...

Post by endlessQuestions »

All,

A couple research threads I was working on caused some concern with the mods and have been moved to a private area.

I don't know how to have people access them if they want to.

Can anyone help me with instructions, for those who want to be able to view the discussion?

In the meantime I'm asking for some clarification so I can know where the line is, and not cross it. creator has a forum to protect, and I want to help him protect it.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Re: Endless Questions Research Moved to Private Forum. How to Access...

Post by HereWeGo »

All people need to do is to click on the orange flame symbol in the top right of the page. This is the link to the latest posts option. All of your new posts are seen here.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Oh lucky you! Now people have to hunt for your thread like mine that got stuck in the same area. People have to be approved to see the area. So if they haven't been, your thread won't be seen even if they do hit the little flame.
screenshot-private-forum.jpg
screenshot-private-forum.jpg (102.42 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

There are lurkers, and then there are people who create an account and join the group so they can comment instead of only reading. After a person joins he can request to read and participate in the private discussion group. There is an “Request access” prompt in the description of that group on the main page.

The creator will then approve that person to have access to the private discussions, or not approve, if necessary. I’m sure he can also take away the ability to access that group without doing anything else to the person.

Lurkers will see that the sub-forum exists, but will not be able to access the posts.

As a member of the private discussions sub-forum, the posts there will show up in the “latest posts” feature just like all the public posts. You won’t even be aware that you are reading a private area post unless you check which sub-forum you are in.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 16th, 2023, 2:24 pmOh lucky you! Now people have to hunt for your thread like mine that got stuck in the same area. People have to be approved to see the area. So if they haven't been, your thread won't be seen even if they do hit the little flame.
Fwiw, posts in the private sub-forum still show up under "Latest Posts" (for anyone who has access to the private sub-forum).

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:07 am... moved to a private area.

I don't know how to have people access them if they want to.
Any forum members can request access to the Private sub-forum.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

creator wrote: March 16th, 2023, 3:26 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 16th, 2023, 2:24 pmOh lucky you! Now people have to hunt for your thread like mine that got stuck in the same area. People have to be approved to see the area. So if they haven't been, your thread won't be seen even if they do hit the little flame.
Fwiw, posts in the private sub-forum still show up under "Latest Posts" (for anyone who has access to the private sub-forum).
That's what I said, you have to be subscribed to the private sub Forum to see them show up. People are not going to see them under latest posts, unless they request access to that part of the forum. Is that correct?