Pres Nelson's health

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Re: Pres Nelson's health

Post by Nevervaxxed »

My former Bishop, whom I served as 2nd Counselor with, came to visit me today. I have been inactive for a while now, as a result of the church's stance on vaccines initially, but since then due to so much that I have found on this forum, especially the facts about JS and HS so well laid out by The Reluctant Watchman. I find the evidence that neither JS or HM were polygamist overwhelming.
Anyways, My former Bishop, whom I love and admire, told me today that he has it on good authority that President Nelsen has already passed on. He thought the church would be releasing that information tonight though, and so far I have seen nada. For what it's worth...

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Nevervaxxed wrote: March 19th, 2023, 8:22 pm My former Bishop, whom I served as 2nd Counselor with, came to visit me today. I have been inactive for a while now, as a result of the church's stance on vaccines initially, but since then due to so much that I have found on this forum, especially the facts about JS and HS so well laid out by The Reluctant Watchman. I find the evidence that neither JS or HM were polygamist overwhelming.
Anyways, My former Bishop, whom I love and admire, told me today that he has it on good authority that President Nelsen has already passed on. He thought the church would be releasing that information tonight though, and so far I have seen nada. For what it's worth...
Just commenting so I can find my place later on. Cause if the death of our leader is now a secret they have to keep, that’s hilarious.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

I don't know about hilarious... maybe sad and so so wrong. Even CRAZY. But I would rather laugh with you than cry...

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

LDS.org/newsroom has no information about the demise of anyone…

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Why keep it a secret?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Niemand wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:36 amI keep thinking Bednar is young, but he's seventy.... but still nearly thirty years younger than Nelson!!! I feel Bednar is the one who has been groomed for this role... but maybe those who emplaced him hadn't anticipated the longevity of some of the predecessors.
Statistically Bednar is the most likely to be the next President of the Church that is in that role for 10 - 20 years. Maybe it was planned that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Nevervaxxed wrote: March 19th, 2023, 8:22 pmMy former Bishop told me today that he has it on good authority that President Nelson has already passed on. He thought the church would be releasing that information tonight though, and so far I have seen nada. For what it's worth...
If true, it would be interesting if they waited until tomorrow (the Spring Equinox) to announce it. But news like that tends to have a way of leaking out. I would assume such a secret is difficult to keep.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

President Nelson is not dead.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated. 😁

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I do remember when president Hinckley died, apparently everyone was texting each other about it and that’s how most people found out. Well nobody texted me! And I didn’t watch the news or wherever I was supposed to find out this information. I don’t think social media was a big thing back then. I found out at work the next day when an LDS colleague asked me if I had heard about it.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:04 pm
Niemand wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:36 amI keep thinking Bednar is young, but he's seventy.... but still nearly thirty years younger than Nelson!!! I feel Bednar is the one who has been groomed for this role... but maybe those who emplaced him hadn't anticipated the longevity of some of the predecessors.
Statistically Bednar is the most likely to be the next President of the Church that is in that role for 10 - 20 years. Maybe it was planned that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He was one of the youngest apostles when installed, which meant he had a good chance of becoming president at some point by length of tenure.

I've noticed over the years that Bednar was very heavily quoted by church materials, or at least seemed to be. I don't know the stats.

Boyd K. Packer was probably groomed to be president, because he came in at a very young age, but Hinckley and Monson lived too long. My main problem with Packer and Bednar is that they are/were both highly authoritarian, and regularly refer to obeying leaders.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

cyclOps wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:21 pm President Nelson is not dead.
He will be soon. I won't be surprised if he gets past one hundred, because of his previous health, but statistically he's likely to die within the next five years. Probably less.

There were similar conversations about Queen Elizabeth. She lived to a good age and many of us thought she would get past one hundred too, because of her family background and reasonable health into extreme old age. The warning signs with her (from the public POV) was that she started delegating a lot of things to other members of the family (notably the Commonwealth Games), made far fewer public appearances, was often seen sitting for certain events, spoke less in public and travelled less. In one case, she even appeared as a hologram. (Not a conspiracy theory, but openly admitted to by her household. The hologram was of her when far younger.)

The Queen's indicators are probably a good model for Pres. Nelson's because we can see a few of the same things happening. In both cases, they had to contend with lockdown etc, so that there was a two year period in which they made far fewer appearances. In that period, both of them aged noticeably.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

Either the church is covering it up, and I can't imagine why, or my former Bishop's sources were wrong... sorry all!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Nevervaxxed wrote: March 19th, 2023, 8:22 pm My former Bishop, whom I served as 2nd Counselor with, came to visit me today. I have been inactive for a while now, as a result of the church's stance on vaccines initially, but since then due to so much that I have found on this forum, especially the facts about JS and HS so well laid out by The Reluctant Watchman. I find the evidence that neither JS or HM were polygamist overwhelming.
That was saiid about.the Queen too. But that they couldn't have her dying during lockdown.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Nevervaxxed wrote: March 20th, 2023, 4:11 pm Either the church is covering it up, and I can't imagine why, or my former Bishop's sources were wrong... sorry all!
No worries. It added to the discussion and answered my question about if anyone had heard any rumors. 😃 So I guess there are rumors going around!

zionssuburb
captain of 100

Post by zionssuburb »

It all has to do with your age at call vs the person in front of you's age.... Holland is 12 years younger than Ballard, Bednar is also 12 years younger than Uctdorf (who is the same age as Holland). Of course HBL should've been prophet for decades in this projection model and look just how short a time it was between DOM and SWK, and why it was SWK, vs ETB for all those years SWK was alive. So interesting.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: March 20th, 2023, 4:16 pm That was saiid about.the Queen too. But that they couldn't have her dying during lockdown.
Can't have Nelson dying until after he gets awarded that whatever it is that he won't be attending and receiving in person?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

So is Russell M Nelson alive or was that a hologram that spoke to us 8 days ago?

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

cyclOps wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:09 pm So is Russell M Nelson alive or was that a hologram that spoke to us 8 days ago?
Lol I saw him walking in the conference center. Pretty sure he’s alive.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Eh, what person that has been LDS for at least 5 years hasn't picked up and passed on a rumor that turned out to be false? The environment is just lush with them.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wolfwoman wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:32 pm
cyclOps wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:09 pm So is Russell M Nelson alive or was that a hologram that spoke to us 8 days ago?
I take it you attended in person?

He has under ten years left, just on the basis of his age. He has undergone some notable decline in the last year or two, despite being in good shape for his age.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BringerOfJoy wrote: April 10th, 2023, 8:27 pm Eh, what person that has been LDS for at least 5 years hasn't picked up and passed on a rumor that turned out to be false? The environment is just lush with them.
General Conference and Ensign etc don't help, because they frequently tell stories which have had the names and places removed so it is impossible to verify them.

Church materials also make claims that can be easily dismissed. For example, there is a claim that a church president visited New Zealand in the Gospel Principles book, and didn't need an interpreter. I seemed to be the only person in the class who noticed that NZ is an English speaking country, and even back then that the vast majority of Maori would have understood it. Likewise, there is a common view among Mormons that the "thou" and "thee" language in the scriptures is respectful, when you could find out easily that these were familiar forms in English. (You wouldn't use "thou" to your boss at work, but you would have used it for your son or daughter.)

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Niemand wrote: April 11th, 2023, 3:34 am
Wolfwoman wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:32 pm
I take it you attended in person?

He has under ten years left, just on the basis of his age. He has undergone some notable decline in the last year or two, despite being in good shape for his age.
Nah, I watched it on TV. But there were a lot of people who did attend in person. I don’t see how you could fake something like that with all those people in attendance.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

For the record, I don’t think it was a fake, hologram, body double, etc.

I just think it’s funny and somewhat pathetic how often rumors and theories are put forward on this forum which turn out to clearly be wrong. They seem to be forgotten and wiped from memory. Then the cycle repeats.

My intent was to bring this one to remembrance.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

cyclOps wrote: April 11th, 2023, 9:52 am For the record, I don’t think it was a fake, hologram, body double, etc.

I just think it’s funny and somewhat pathetic how often rumors and theories are put forward on this forum which turn out to clearly be wrong. They seem to be forgotten and wiped from memory. Then the cycle repeats.

My intent was to bring this one to remembrance.
That’s lame. You needed to bring it to remembrance when I posted it less than a month ago?

And I was asking questions if anyone else had heard rumors. What, we’re not allowed to do that anymore?