Pres Nelson's health

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Momma J
captain of 1,000

Re: Pres Nelson's health

Post by Momma J »

CMajor wrote: March 14th, 2023, 12:37 am When he first took over the leadership in 2018, the newspaper said it was difficult to find body guards to go skiing with him because he prefers the black diamond EXPERT slopes. Both he and Uchtdorf.

His Doctor said he has the body of a 65 year old, because of his "special diet" no mention of what that might entail. ...
For some reason the line from Macbeth comes to mind... “By the pricking of my thumbs, / Something wicked this way comes”

Qlitewski
captain of 10

Post by Qlitewski »

Mr. Russell Ballard also seems weak. I wonder who Dailinas.H.Oaks will choose as his advisers after RMN dies??

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I'm going to make a prediction.
Upon Nelson's passing, Oaks will serve as president for less than a year. He will be succeeded by Elder Ballard who will pass away within weeks of assuming the presidency.
Thus, Bishop Koyle's prophecy will be vindicated.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

Robin Hood wrote: March 14th, 2023, 9:07 am I'm going to make a prediction.
Upon Nelson's passing, Oaks will serve as president for less than a year. He will be succeeded by Elder Ballard who will pass away within weeks of assuming the presidency.
Where can I read the prophecy?

Ciams
captain of 100

Post by Ciams »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 13th, 2023, 12:35 pm I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend... that President Nelson is not doing great.

We had a small clue last conference when he sat instead of stood to give his talk.
And his talk almost seemed like a goodbye talk.

What do you think? Have you heard any rumors about this?

Maybe too many covid shots plus being in his late 90s...
The negative impact of the covid shot is associated with the immune system attacking vital cells which have been infected to start producing spike protein. The mRNA spreads everywhere and the immune system responds.

Older people have a much less aggressive response because their immune systems are, on average, already at the end of its life. . So they've been exposed to less risk from the shots. That doesn't mean no risk and it doesn't mean none die. Everyone has a slightly different immune system, health profile, etc.

I know a handful of people (too many) who are elderly who died from what could be said to health complications exacerbated by the covid shots. Most of the old people haven't had that issue. The Q12and FP are still here. This suggests my claim that the shots affect the elderly less because their immune systems are naturally weaker is accurate.

The idea put forth by others that everyone who is old and didn't die of blood clots must have gotten a fake shot is nonsense. There is not a grand conspiracy theory that is getting down to giving specific individuals in far flung leadership fields in minor organizations bogus shots.

It is likely their immune systems or cardiovascular system has been marginally compromised by the shots they've gotten already. Surely that had an effect, that becomes nearly impossible to trace on individual levels, and the population level statistics get obfuscated with other covid noise.

If he's currently unhealthy, it's reasonable to suggest that 5-10% is covid shots, 70% age, and 20+% other factors from everything to travel on planes and cosmic radiation ,etc.

The reality is he's lived longer and healthier than the vast majority of mankind. There's no negative way to spin his eventual passing as a result of poor choices.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:31 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: March 13th, 2023, 8:10 pm I still think Covid shots contributed to his rumored poorer health. I’m sure he didn’t get the real thing on camera, because they made it a point not to do that after that nurse fainted. But in private, I think he did receive the real thing. And maybe boosters because he’s old and his doctor recommended them to him and he believes in the allopathic medical system.
Seems a world renowned heart surgeon who ranked first in his class with medical creds and experience like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_M._Nelson, whose last official public surgery was performed in China and has ties like this with the Chinese med industry:
  • He developed ties with the medical community in China and made several trips there to train surgeons. In 1985, Nelson was the first person ever to be made an honorary professor of Shandong Medical College.[67] In 1995, Nelson went to Beijing, along with Neal A. Maxwell and other LDS Church leaders, on an official invitation of Li Lanqing, the Vice Premier of China.[68]
...who has trillions of dollars and can afford the queen's private doctor if he wants, would certainly have access to enough information to have safely navigated the shot like many of us dum dums who figured it out and ignored our dumb doctors trying to make a buck on another vax.....

:?:

Doesn't add up to me.
Well, of course he could be lying, but this is what he said on Jan. 19, 2021 when he posted that pic of him getting the shot. 🙄

“With approval from our physician, my wife, Wendy, and I were vaccinated today against COVID-19. We are very grateful. This was the first week either of us was eligible to receive the vaccine. We are thankful for the countless doctors, scientists, researchers, manufacturers, government leaders, and others who have performed the grueling work required to make this vaccine available. We have prayed often for this literal godsend.

As a former surgeon and medical researcher, I know something of the effort needed to accomplish such a remarkable feat. Producing a safe, effective vaccine in less than a year is nothing short of miraculous. I was a young surgeon when, in 1953, Dr. Jonas Salk announced that he had developed a vaccine against the cruel and crippling disease of polio. I then watched the dramatic impact that vaccine had on eradicating polio as most people around the world were vaccinated.

For generations, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has donated considerable resources to making vaccinations available for people in developing countries. Vaccinations have helped to eliminate diseases such as diphtheria and smallpox. My professional and ecclesiastical experiences convince me that vaccinations administered by competent medical professionals protect health and preserve life.

Receiving the vaccine today was part of our personal efforts to be good global citizens in helping to eliminate COVID-19 from the world.“

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I’m listening to an audiobook right now, and the author mentioned that shortly before the October 2021 general conference, President Nelson urged members to get the Covid shots and wear masks.

Does anyone recall that?

I guess she must be talking about the letter that went out in August 2021. Unless there was another one that went out between August and October 2021. I only found the August letter.

Here is the text of that, for history’s sake. Lol

“ Dear Brothers and Sisters:

We find ourselves fighting a war against the ravages of COVID-19 and its variants, an unrelenting pandemic. We want to do all we can to limit the spread of these viruses. We know that protection from the diseases they cause can only be achieved by immunizing a very high percentage of the population.

To limit exposure to these viruses, we urge the use of face masks in public meetings whenever social distancing is not possible. To provide personal protection from such severe infections, we urge individuals to be vaccinated. Available vaccines have proven to be both safe and effective.

We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders. Please know of our sincere love and great concern for all of God’s children.

The First Presidency

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
Henry B. Eyring”

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:54 pm I’m listening to an audiobook right now, and the author mentioned that shortly before the October 2021 general conference, President Nelson urged members to get the Covid shots and wear masks.

Does anyone recall that?

I guess she must be talking about the letter that went out in August 2021. Unless there was another one that went out between August and October 2021. I only found the August letter.

We find ourselves fighting a war against the ravages of COVID-19 and its variants, an unrelenting pandemic. We want to do all we can to limit the spread of these viruses. We know that protection from the diseases they cause can only be achieved by immunizing a very high percentage of the population.

To limit exposure to these viruses, we urge the use of face masks in public meetings whenever social distancing is not possible. To provide personal protection from such severe infections, we urge individuals to be vaccinated. Available vaccines have proven to be both safe and effective.

We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders. Please know of our sincere love and great concern for all of God’s children.

The First Presidency

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
Henry B. Eyring”

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Maybe a problem of serving the wrong master, or something.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

CMajor wrote: March 14th, 2023, 12:37 am..
So if he's not feeling as well - I'd say his elixir of youth and vitality has been cut off. And his real age is catching up.
Doesn't it come from scaring children to death? If that is part of their SRA practice, they would get it for free.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Chip wrote: March 17th, 2023, 9:32 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:54 pm I’m listening to an audiobook right now, and the author mentioned that shortly before the October 2021 general conference, President Nelson urged members to get the Covid shots and wear masks.

Does anyone recall that?

The First Presidency

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
Henry B. Eyring”

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Here's a summary of everything LDS and covid vaccine: https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/3/11 ... day-saints

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Ebenezer wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:43 am
Where can I read the prophecy?

Bishop John Koyle wrote this sometime before his death in 1949:

"47. Troubles in the valleys for the church will commence following the passing of the 12th president of the church (Kimball).

48. Near the time of the end, many of the General Authorities will become quite old. Troubles will start when three leaders will die in close proximity to one another. The new replacements will not be able to hold the Church together.

49. In the end there will be a great apostasy in the Church. A rift in leadership will cause many members to leave.

Something will happen to make members congregate in and around the churches, and at various other locations to discuss and ponder the great disturbing changes occuring. This will mark the commencement of the times of problems for the Church, as well as the time of apostasy."

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: March 17th, 2023, 10:27 pm
Chip wrote: March 17th, 2023, 9:32 pm

Does anyone recall that?

The First Presidency

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
Henry B. Eyring”

Here's a summary of everything LDS and covid vaccine: https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/3/11 ... day-saints
Thank you for that. I assume it only goes up until March 2021 though, since that is when the article was written.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

I’ve heard similar predictions amongst those who feel Koyle was inspired. Certainly isn’t outside the realm of possibility. Kind of reminds me of Ezra’s Eagle, too. What if everyone’s been thinking that has to do with U.S. Presidents, but it really has to do with Church Presidents? That would be an interesting twist. I’ll have to go back and look at E.E. again to see if that would make any sense at all. Probably not… it’s late over here and I’m just letting my mind go wherever it wants to at the moment. 😂😂😂

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:18 pm
I’ve heard similar predictions amongst those who feel Koyle was inspired. Certainly isn’t outside the realm of possibility. Kind of reminds me of Ezra’s Eagle, too. What if everyone’s been thinking that has to do with U.S. Presidents, but it really has to do with Church Presidents? That would be an interesting twist. I’ll have to go back and look at E.E. again to see if that would make any sense at all. Probably not… it’s late over here and I’m just letting my mind go wherever it wants to at the moment. 😂😂😂
Personally it reminds me of Malachy's prophecies about the future Popes, which as far as I can tell have been amazingly accurate even though there is doubt about the early ones. It is notable that Malachy's list suggests the papacy should be in big trouble right now and sure enough, there was the strange situation of two popes at the same time, and now we see a Weffer pope.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 7:17 pm As some of you have seen in the SLTrib article I posted in the thread Nelson’s Legacy, RMN is receiving a VERY prestigious award. It is the Ghandi-King-Mandela Peace Prize. It will be awarded at a ceremony in Atlanta on April 13. It has been announced that he will not attend in person, but accept the award via video from Salt Lake.

I believe he would be there if it was at all physically possible. Remember the rallies, where he entered the stadiums with both arms raised high in the air, like a conquering hero?

Just another mini-fact to add to the rumors about his health.
I agree. He'd be there, lapping up the attention. And I don't mean to be mean about him. It's just what I've observed (that he loves the adoring crowd). The only reason I can think of for him not going is failing health. I mean, it's nearly a month away, so any common illness would be over by then.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: March 17th, 2023, 10:35 pm "47. Troubles in the valleys for the church will commence following the passing of the 12th president of the church (Kimball).

48. Near the time of the end, many of the General Authorities will become quite old. Troubles will start when three leaders will die in close proximity to one another. The new replacements will not be able to hold the Church together.
There were three who died within close proximity to each other a few years ago (not presidents, though). Seeing that 2nd sentence in paragraph 48, though, it couldn't mean them because the Church held together just fine.

So, if Robin Hood's prediction is accurate, does that mean Bednar won't be able to hold the Church together?

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Silver Pie wrote: March 18th, 2023, 6:13 pm
Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: March 17th, 2023, 10:35 pm "47. Troubles in the valleys for the church will commence following the passing of the 12th president of the church (Kimball).

There were three who died within close proximity to each other a few years ago (not presidents, though). Seeing that 2nd sentence in paragraph 48, though, it couldn't mean them because the Church held together just fine.

So, if Robin Hood's prediction is accurate, does that mean Bednar won't be able to hold the Church together?
Interesting. I interpreted it as meaning that, over time, those 3 wouldn't be able to hold the church together.

I could totally see that happening in the future with Rasband, Stevenson, and Renlund. They are some of the more "problematic" apostles we have right now.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Hm...Interesting. However, there are no immediate indications of problems for Oaks' health on the horizon. Plus, he is 10 years younger than Nelson is and still seems quite healthy.

If Nelson were to pass this year, I'd give Oaks at least 3 more years before he too passes.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

J2 wrote: March 18th, 2023, 10:59 pm
Hm...Interesting. However, there are no immediate indications of problems for Oaks' health on the horizon. Plus, he is 10 years younger than Nelson is and still seems quite healthy.

If Nelson were to pass this year, I'd give Oaks at least 3 more years before he too passes.
Oaks is 92 later this year.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:19 am Oaks is 92 later this year.
Two years older than Thomas S. Monson when he died. I'd say Monson was pretty normal for his age and Nelson isn't. Oaks seems to be in worse shape.

I keep thinking Bednar is young, but he's seventy.... but still nearly thirty years younger than Nelson!!! I feel Bednar is the one who has been groomed for this role... but maybe those who emplaced him hadn't anticipated the longevity of some of the predecessors.

I remember trying to post a link about gerontocracy to someone. The two examples given were the LDS and the Eastern European Communist regimes such as East Germany and the USSR. You couldn't make it up.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Niemand wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:36 am
Two years older than Thomas S. Monson when he died. I'd say Monson was pretty normal for his age and Nelson isn't. Oaks seems to be in worse shape.

I keep thinking Bednar is young, but he's seventy.... but still nearly thirty years younger than Nelson!!! I feel Bednar is the one who has been groomed for this role... but maybe those who emplaced him hadn't anticipated the longevity of some of the predecessors.

I remember trying to post a link about gerontocracy to someone. The two examples given were the LDS and the Eastern European Communist regimes such as East Germany and the USSR. You couldn't make it up.
Our leadership is clearly a gerontocracy. Beyond the European Communist leadership of the past another example would be the College of Cardinals of the Catholic Church but I believe there is a maximum age for them to participate in a papal enclave that select a new pope.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: March 19th, 2023, 4:00 am
Niemand wrote: March 19th, 2023, 2:36 am

Our leadership is clearly a gerontocracy. Beyond the European Communist leadership of the past another example would be the College of Cardinals of the Catholic Church but I believe there is a maximum age for them to participate in a papal enclave that select a new pope.
Ironic given we were founded by a young man who died at 38, and named after someone who died at 33!

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 13th, 2023, 12:35 pm I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend... that President Nelson is not doing great.

We had a small clue last conference when he sat instead of stood to give his talk.
And his talk almost seemed like a goodbye talk.

What do you think? Have you heard any rumors about this?

Maybe too many covid shots plus being in his late 90s...
Both.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Perhaps that prophecy coincides with 2 Ne13:17.

Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

"A rift in leadership will cause many members to leave."

This is a far more interesting aspect of the prophecy, leadership splitting and causing a rift.