Temple President believes gay sealings will happen

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Church_of_the_Lamb
captain of 100

Re: Temple President believes gay sealings will happen

Post by Church_of_the_Lamb »

gkearney wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:03 am Long, long before we ever get to same sex dealings the church will first deal with the potentially contentious issue of women’s ordination.
I think woman ordination is inevitable, and it has nothing to do with spirituality, it has to do with the ratio of women college graduates to men. 60% of graduates are women.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Chip wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:44 pm Maybe we are going to hear an apostle say someday, "We've prayed in the presence of the prophet for all who wish to be sealed, to be able to be sealed in the temple. It seemed good to the Holy Ghost, so we decided to send the letter out to all stakes, wards, and auxiliaries heralding this momentous development in the fullness of times. The restoration is ongoing, Brothers and Sisters, and the Lord has granted us our humble, longsuffering petition to recognize and bless all loving unions among our brothers and sisters. We are so blessed to be lead by a living prophet who communes with the Lord and cannot lead us astray."
That will be the day that I ask my Rottweiler be sealed to me. He is more worthy that some people I know. ;)

(Of course, I would need to ask my husband if he minds sharing a union with me and the "bucket-head"

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: March 13th, 2023, 12:34 pm
gkearney wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:03 am Long, long before we ever get to same sex dealings the church will first deal with the potentially contentious issue of women’s ordination.
I think woman ordination is inevitable, and it has nothing to do with spirituality, it has to do with the ratio of women college graduates to men. 60% of graduates are women.
I never really associated priesthood ordination with a college education.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Ado wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:09 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:03 pm
Ado wrote: March 10th, 2023, 2:05 pm After hearing Abby's story, I'm beginning to wonder if it's all happening on purpose.
💯 It is happening on purpose.
💯 Gay marriages and sealings will happen in the temple.
a few years ago, I wouldn't have ever believed that. Now... it's hard to not see it in the works.
The final nail in the coffin was driven when the church joined the fight against prop 8. If they would have adopted a universal "sealings only" policy and given up ecclesiastical marriage rights we would have avoided this eventuality.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Vision wrote: March 13th, 2023, 4:12 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:03 pm

💯 It is happening on purpose.
💯 Gay marriages and sealings will happen in the temple.
a few years ago, I wouldn't have ever believed that. Now... it's hard to not see it in the works.
The final nail in the coffin was driven when the church joined the fight against prop 8. If they would have adopted a universal "sealings only" policy and given up ecclesiastical marriage rights we would have avoided this eventuality.
The Church never fought against Prop 8. The Church supported Prop 8. Prop 8 was a state constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage in California. Prop 8 was successful and was passed in 2008. Ir was eventually overturned and deemed unconstitutional.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

BenMcCrea wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:51 am
Vision wrote: March 13th, 2023, 4:12 pm

The Church never fought against Prop 8. The Church supported Prop 8. Prop 8 was a state constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage in California. Prop 8 was successful and was passed in 2008. Ir was eventually overturned and deemed unconstitutional.
My error, I meant supporting prop 8.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

HVDC wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:20 pm Well.

Unless they reincorporate as a for prophet MLM.

I am pretty sure they will have to at least marry same sex couples.

Sealings are a real possibility.

A 5O1(c)3 must follow the lead of the reigning sovereign.

Sir H
I think the lord is making them show their true colors.

Strange work, strange act.