Will Nero return as the Anti-Christ?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Will Nero return as the Anti-Christ?

Post by OCDMOM »

Antichrist
Main articles: Antichrist, The Beast (Revelation), and Number of the beast
The Sibylline Oracles, Book 5 and 8, written in the second century, speak of Nero returning and bringing destruction.[146][147] Within Christian communities, these writings, along with others,[148] fueled the belief that Nero would return as the Antichrist. In 310, Lactantius wrote that Nero "suddenly disappeared, and even the burial place of that noxious wild beast was nowhere to be seen. This has led some persons of extravagant imagination to suppose that, having been conveyed to a distant region, he is still reserved alive; and to him they apply the Sibylline verses." Lactantius maintains that it is not right to believe this.[136][149]

In 422, Augustine of Hippo wrote about 2 Thessalonians 2:1–11, where he believed that Paul mentioned the coming of the Antichrist. Although he rejects the theory, Augustine mentions that many Christians believed Nero was the Antichrist or would return as the Antichrist. He wrote that, "in saying, 'For the mystery of iniquity doth already work,'[150] he alluded to Nero, whose deeds already seemed to be as the deeds of Antichrist."[103]

Some modern biblical scholars[151][152] such as Delbert Hillers (Johns Hopkins University) of the American Schools of Oriental Research and the editors of the Oxford Study Bible and HarperCollins Study Bible, contend that the number 666 in the Book of Revelation is a code for Nero,[153] a view that is also supported in Roman Catholic Biblical commentaries.[154][155] The statement concerns Revelation 17:1-18, "the longest explanatory passage in Revelation",[156] which predicts the destruction of Rome by work of an "eighth emperor" who was also one of the "seven kings" of the most extended and powerful empire ever known in the human history: according to this lecture, Babylon the Great is identified with Rome[157] which has poured the blood of saints and martyrs (verse 6) and subsequently become the seat of the Vatican State, reigning over all the kings existing on Earth.

What do you think?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Will Nero return as the Anti-Christ?

Post by Niemand »

It is so often said that 666 refers to Nero that it is almost accepted as proven fact by some people. In reality, in order to get that result you have to use very unusual forms to get that result.

However Nero was certainly a type of antichrist, one of many evil precursors to the big one.

On another note, I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of Johns Hopkins University. Not only did it help create this Covid chaos but it is used as a place for globalists to groom future diplomats and politicians. There is something horribly wrong with that institution.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I saw a historical documentary (for what it is worth) that recent finds of Roman and even early Christian documents, point out that Nero didn't treat Christians any different than any other religion of his day and this was made up by those covering their tracks after his death. Basically, rumors nearly 400 years later.

But, either way, it is not possible to know as the truth only lies in a few notes and memos written and rewritten hundreds of years later.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

In Revelation it talks about an 8th emperor that was also one of the 7 Kings.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Nero's dead. Reincarnation ain't a thing. He's not coming back.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The Antichrist will be a man who knew Christ and knows the truth of Christ.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

nightlight wrote: March 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm The Antichrist will be a man who knew Christ and knows the truth of Christ.
I'm not convinced of this, but would be interested to hear why you think so.

The real Antichrist will feel threatened enough by Christianity to persecute it. I think he will also go for sincere Jews and Muslims (because they are against idolatry.)

My take on the Antichrist is that he will likely be a continental European or Levantine (Turk, Syrian, Lebanese.) It is also possible that he will be a machine rather than a person.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Niemand wrote: March 7th, 2023, 3:33 am
nightlight wrote: March 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm The Antichrist will be a man who knew Christ and knows the truth of Christ.
I'm not convinced of this, but would be interested to hear why you think so.

The real Antichrist will feel threatened enough by Christianity to persecute it. I think he will also go for sincere Jews and Muslims (because they are against idolatry.)

My take on the Antichrist is that he will likely be a continental European or Levantine (Turk, Syrian, Lebanese.) It is also possible that he will be a machine rather than a person.
The Antichrist is the False Prophet.
The false prophet cannot be a Son of Perdition if he didn't know the truth.

I believe he will be Ephraimite from my land or my Motherland. It just seems to be a trend that the main figures that either stand or betray are from Gods country (USA/England).....but that's just a thought, not married to it

2 Thessalonians 2:4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

Daniel 7
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 19
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.