Why not Jackson County, Missouri? Now.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Why not Jackson County, Missouri? Now.

Post by Christianlee »

Other groups descended from the Restoration have their headquarters in Independence, Missouri. Why isn’t the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints headquartered there? It isn’t as if they don’t have the means to do so. Is the LDS Church buying up land there? Why no Joseph Smith University there? The most it seems to have done is to have built a mini-temple there. Why not build a large one assuming if you build it they will come? Has Jesus decided Salt Lake City is now the Center Place? Are there too many Baptists in Jackson County?

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: Why not Jackson County, Missouri? Now.

Post by blitzinstripes »

Honestly I don't think the Lord wants this church there. At least not in it's present state. LDS.corp currently isn't worthy to run the sewer plant in Zion. Let them all perish in SLC, on top of their precious mountains of filthy gold.

The Lord will send a worthy people there when the time is right.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

blitzinstripes wrote: March 4th, 2023, 11:01 am Honestly I don't think the Lord wants this church there. At least not in it's present state. LDS.corp currently isn't worthy to run the sewer plant in Zion. Let them all perish in SLC, on top of their precious mountains of filthy gold.

The Lord will send a worthy people there when the time is right.
Perhaps not. But I think the LDS leaders are too comfortable in their smog filled town to even consider the Lord might be ready to move. They revel in their pioneer history, but would refuse to be pioneers themselves.Trading their mountain views from their mansions for flatlands might be a road too far.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

If you go by what is predicted, it will be "swept clean" first. And then those few that do go, will not be the type of so-called "saints" of today at all. I would say they will be those that are a remnant of Jacob and a few remnants of Ephraim, after a fiery purging trial. As only the humble, charitable, virtuous, pure, and innocent will have the privilege of building the New Jerusalem, and of course that are "One".
As far as now, it's an area full of wickedness needing to be "swept clean" of inhabitants.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

simpleton wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:04 pm If you go by what is predicted, it will be "swept clean" first. And then those few that do go, will not be the type of so-called "saints" of today at all. I would say they will be those that are a remnant of Jacob and a few remnants of Ephraim, after a fiery purging trial. As only the humble, charitable, virtuous, pure, and innocent will have the privilege of building the New Jerusalem, and of course that are "One".
As far as now, it's an area full of wickedness needing to be "swept clean" of inhabitants.
I am not sure that is true or that it is realistic. Sometimes perfection comes from doing.

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/ans ... _Christ.3F
Last edited by Christianlee on March 4th, 2023, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:09 pm
simpleton wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:04 pm If you go by what is predicted, it will be "swept clean" first. And then those few that do go, will not be the type of so-called "saints" of today at all. I would say they will be those that are a remnant of Jacob and a few remnants of Ephraim, after a fiery purging trial. As only the humble, charitable, virtuous, pure, and innocent will have the privilege of building the New Jerusalem, and of course that are "One".
I am not sure that is true or that it is realistic.

Well, I am sure. Just be patient.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

simpleton wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:10 pm

Patience is for wimps. The LDS Church has the means to fulfill the Lord’s commandments and begin to build Zion.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:16 pm
simpleton wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:10 pm

Patience is for wimps. The LDS Church has the means to fulfill the Lord’s commandments and begin to build Zion.
I don't think the Lord is/was waiting for them to meet their fundraising goals. I don't think he cares about their money.

They're NOT WORTHY.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

It's no surprise that we're not building church HQ there. We have abandoned the literal gathering of Zion for a long time now. Today, the policy is: build Zion where you are... Which is 100% contrary to the commandments of the Lord.

Let's just be honest, they have no power or authority in their priesthood ordinations. We have been commanded by Jesus Christ to observe and seek for fruits of prophets of God from the men making such claims.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:16 pm The LDS Church has the means to fulfill the Lord’s commandments and begin to build Zion.
The problem is, they have walked away from the idea of building a City of Zion. They haven't talked about this for many decades. They now have the doctrine that Zion is in the Stakes of the church. Stay put is their directions.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:55 am Other groups descended from the Restoration have their headquarters in Independence, Missouri. Why isn’t the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints headquartered there? It isn’t as if they don’t have the means to do so. Is the LDS Church buying up land there? Why no Joseph Smith University there? The most it seems to have done is to have built a mini-temple there. Why not build a large one assuming if you build it they will come? Has Jesus decided Salt Lake City is now the Center Place? Are there too many Baptists in Jackson County?
The area, and the church, need to be cleansed first.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I posted an article a few days ago about the Church’s plan to develop a city for 500,000 people on its ranch land in central Florida. This will not be a city for Latter-day Saints and will no doubt bring in a lot of money for LDS Inc. Could the reason for not developing Missouri be there is no money to be made in doing that? I don’t accept the idea the people in Independence are any less worthy than the people in Salt Lake City.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:25 pm I posted an article a few days ago about the Church’s plan to develop a city for 500,000 people on its ranch land in central Florida.
If the church is doing it, it’s likely related to Agenda 2030. Maybe a huge 15-minute city.

ShockHouse
captain of 100

Post by ShockHouse »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:59 pm It's no surprise that we're not building church HQ there. We have abandoned the literal gathering of Zion for a long time now. Today, the policy is: build Zion where you are... Which is 100% contrary to the commandments of the Lord.

Let's just be honest, they have no power or authority in their priesthood ordinations. We have been commanded by Jesus Christ to observe and seek for fruits of prophets of God from the men making such claims.
The literal gathering of Zion is not abandoned. Articles of Faith 10 is still clear doctrine, "we believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes, that Zion will be built upon the American continent". Establishing Zion in different locations is not in opposition to that. Zion is both the city that will be built, and the pure in heart (D&C 97:21). The pure in heart can exist anywhere.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

ShockHouse wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:34 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:59 pm It's no surprise that we're not building church HQ there. We have abandoned the literal gathering of Zion for a long time now. Today, the policy is: build Zion where you are... Which is 100% contrary to the commandments of the Lord.

The literal gathering of Zion is not abandoned. Articles of Faith 10 is still clear doctrine, "we believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes, that Zion will be built upon the American continent". Establishing Zion in different locations is not in opposition to that. Zion is both the city that will be built, and the pure in heart (D&C 97:21). The pure in heart can exist anywhere.
It's not abandoned? How so?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:47 pm

Stakes are being built all around the world, as are temples.

With the current system, that is the best we can do. Unless, of course, you support illegal immigration, as many of these saints are from lands where a visa is required to even visit the United States of America much less work there.

When the current TELESTIAL system is replaced by a TERRESTRIAL system, the visa requirements will be vastly different, based on your moral character in keeping the commandments of God, rather than the amount of money and properties you have in your home country, or the vaccines that you have taken.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:55 am Other groups descended from the Restoration have their headquarters in Independence, Missouri. Why isn’t the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints headquartered there? It isn’t as if they don’t have the means to do so. Is the LDS Church buying up land there? Why no Joseph Smith University there? The most it seems to have done is to have built a mini-temple there. Why not build a large one assuming if you build it they will come? Has Jesus decided Salt Lake City is now the Center Place? Are there too many Baptists in Jackson County?
God intended this situation to be symbolic of the fact that the Church is still figuratively in the wilderness.
The devastation in Missouri will be epic, it will be "swept clean" before New Jerusalem is founded there in 2030.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:54 pm

With the current system, that is the best we can do. Unless, of course, you support illegal immigration, as many of these saints are from lands where a visa is required to even visit the United States of America much less work there.

When the current TELESTIAL system is replaced by a TERRESTRIAL system, the visa requirements will be vastly different, based on your moral character in keeping the commandments of God, rather than the amount of money and properties you have in your home country, or the vaccines that you have taken.
Yes, members are told to stay where they are. But I've already answered this question multiple times.

They could simply have a policy that says something like:

"We URGE ;) members all over the world to immigrate to independence Missouri as soon as they have the legal means to do so. We will assist with any and all moving costs because we have more money then we know what to do with. With this money that we have, we are also building homes and townships in this area for you to live. See you here!"

So now that I've blown your ridiculous assertion that keeping the commandment to literally gather is breaking immigration laws out of the water, what do you have to say for yourself?
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on March 4th, 2023, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I don't wish to offend anyone but to me Mo is not a place I wish to live. Everyone to their own. I like coastal, high desert, mountains, and low humidity............ Sorry, but Mo is the opposite of every one of these attributes. Again, everyone to their own.

ShockHouse
captain of 100

Post by ShockHouse »

I guess the word abandoned can be misinterpreted, so maybe I misunderstood you. Because the idea of redeeming Zion has not been given up, or left. It's still a commandment that the church has. The point is, establishing Zion elsewhere is not contrary to that.

D&C 105: 34
And let those commandments which I have given concerning Zion and her law be executed and fulfilled, after her redemption.

I have seen blessings from establishing Zion where one is, and consequences of neglecting that. I served my mission in South Africa. Many faithful members emigrated to Utah. This left holes in wards and branches, and really hindered our ability to spread the gospel as well.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:59 pm

Yes, members are told to stay where they are. But I've already answered this question multiple times.

"We URGE ;) members all over the world to immigrate to independence Missouri as soon as they have the legal means to do so. We will assist with any and all moving costs because we have more money then we know what to do with. With this money that we have, we are also building homes and townships in this area for you to live. See you here!"
Such an urging will indeed happen, and perhaps fairly soon. But it is NOT POSSIBLE under the current situation.

The Church could sponsor and provide, sure. Dividing up the current amount of monies held by the Church amongst the members of the Church you would come to about 10k USD per member. Even THAT is not enough to secure a visa to visit the United States in the vast majority of cases. You would need to show properties in your name, businesses (if applicable) in your name, employers that you work for with paystubs. If the visa that you are applying for is a work visa, then the potential employer in the area would also need to show to the government how much they would be earning, and THAT could be rejected if the government determines that the person would be a danger of becoming a public charge within the country. Thank goodness that English proficiency at at least intermediate to advanced level is NOT a requirement to immigrate to the USA, like it is with Canada, Australia, or the UK, or it would be even tougher still.

You really need to read up on immigration laws. Things are A LOT TOUGHER to get into the United States than even before 9/11/01, much less 1837.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

ShockHouse wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:05 pm

I guess the word abandoned can be misinterpreted, so maybe I misunderstood you. Because the idea of redeeming Zion has not been given up, or left. It's still a commandment that the church has. The point is, establishing Zion elsewhere is not contrary to that.

And let those commandments which I have given concerning Zion and her law be executed and fulfilled, after her redemption.

I have seen blessings from establishing Zion where one is, and consequences of neglecting that. I served my mission in South Africa. Many faithful members emigrated to Utah. This left holes in wards and branches, and really hindered our ability to spread the gospel as well.
The commandment has not been revoked. So perhaps those members who did not keep the commandment, suffered as a result of their own negligence?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:09 pm

Such an urging will indeed happen, and perhaps fairly soon. But it is NOT POSSIBLE under the current situation.

The Church could sponsor and provide, sure. Dividing up the current amount of monies held by the Church amongst the members of the Church you would come to about 10k USD per member. Even THAT is not enough to secure a visa to visit the United States in the vast majority of cases. You would need to show properties in your name, businesses (if applicable) in your name, employers that you work for with paystubs. If the visa that you are applying for is a work visa, then the potential employer in the area would also need to show to the government how much they would be earning, and THAT could be rejected if the government determines that the person would be a danger of becoming a public charge within the country. Thank goodness that English proficiency at at least intermediate to advanced level is NOT a requirement to immigrate to the USA, like it is with Canada, Australia, or the UK, or it would be even tougher still.

You really need to read up on immigration laws. Things are A LOT TOUGHER to get into the United States than even before 9/11/01, much less 1837.
I do agree with you that it's not possible now, because these men are not prophets, seers, and revelators. This will be a job for the Davidic servant.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:10 pm
ShockHouse wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:05 pm

The commandment has not been revoked. So perhaps those members who did not keep the commandment, suffered as a result of their own negligence?
OK, so have the members of South Africa cough up 10k dollars, their evidence of owning properties or businesses, or evidence of employment with sufficient money.

Or failing that...have them smuggled to Ecuador, get smuggled into Mexico, and go through the southern border illegally.

Gotcha.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:12 pm
Subcomandante wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:09 pm

I do agree with you that it's not possible now, because these men are not prophets, seers, and revelators. This will be a job for the Davidic servant.
If the OMAS were living today under the same conditions as today, he would probably be doing the same as the Prophets, Seers, and Revelators that you denigrate for not doing these things.