6 transgender youth... In one ward

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lemarque
captain of 100

6 transgender youth... In one ward

Post by Lemarque »

I went to dinner last night with a friend of mine who lives in Riverton. We had a long talk about how insane the world is getting. He serves with the young men. In his ward there are 6 transgender youth, some as young as 11. Three of them are part of actively attending families.

We are both in our early 30's and have a hard time believing that we've gone from Family: Proclamation (prop 8 in 2008) to active members transitioning their young kids in 15 years.

As a side note he said that for him, changing marriage to include gays would be the only thing that would get him to not have a testimony anymore. So now I'm praying for the church to announce that sooner than later.

A big wake up call like that is needed.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: 6 transgender youth... In one ward

Post by spiritMan »

Lemarque wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:50 am I went to dinner last night with a friend of mine who lives in Riverton. We had a long talk about how insane the world is getting. He serves with the young men. In his ward there are 6 transgender youth, some as young as 11. Three of them are part of actively attending families.

We are both in our early 30's and have a hard time believing that we've gone from Family: Proclamation (prop 8 in 2008) to active members transitioning their young kids in 15 years.

As a side note he said that for him, changing marriage to include gays would be the only thing that would get him to not have a testimony anymore. So now I'm praying for the church to announce that sooner than later.

Riverton???

Is this the same ward where Augustein was Bishop?
The fruits of it . . .

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

spiritMan wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:52 am
Lemarque wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:50 am I went to dinner last night with a friend of mine who lives in Riverton. We had a long talk about how insane the world is getting. He serves with the young men. In his ward there are 6 transgender youth, some as young as 11. Three of them are part of actively attending families.

Riverton???

The fruits of it . . .
Yes, it is the Augenstein’s town. From photos, it looks like a pretty upscale area. The Augensteins are completely out of the church now. They are very much LGBTQ activists, promote all left/progressive agenda items, and Susie has a nose piercing and tattoo. Just sayin’. Fruits.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:59 am
spiritMan wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:52 am

Riverton???

The fruits of it . . .
Yes, it is the Augenstein’s town. From photos, it looks like a pretty upscale area. The Augensteins are completely out of the church now. They are very much LGBTQ activists, promote all left/progressive agenda items, and Susie has a nose piercing and tattoo. Just sayin’. Fruits.
I think the fruits are evident about what they were preaching whether it was of God or not.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

One of the criticisms of the Book of Mormon is that the pace of Nephite decline is unrealistic. It's too rapid.
Well, we're seeing the Nephite story unfold before our eyes and it's clearly accurate.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Robin Hood wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 8:07 am

One of the criticisms of the Book of Mormon is that the pace of Nephite decline is unrealistic. It's too rapid.
Well, we're seeing the Nephite story unfold before our eyes and it's clearly accurate.
That's an incredible point to note 👍

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

In my last ward (Midvale) there was a boy who came to church in a dress every Sunday. You could clearly see the father was in a a deep depression...while the mom seemed peachy as ish

I felt for the man. Our state gives all the power to the mother. I try not to judge the guy because no way in hell would I let my son do that, but Im blessed with beautiful wife that is sees eye to eye with me

Smh

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:01 am In my last ward (Midvale) there was a boy who came to church in a dress every Sunday. You could clearly see the father was in a a deep depression...while the mom seemed peachy as ish

I felt for the man. Our state gives all the power to the mother. I try not to judge the guy because no way in hell would I let my son do that, but Im blessed with beautiful wife that is sees eye to eye with me

Smh
Look up "devouring mother"; it explains a lot.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

The youth have all been groomed by T V, Social Media and the internet.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

OCDMOM wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:12 am The youth have all been groomed by T V, Social Media and the internet.
And now.

Church.

Sir H

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

"...would be the only thing that would get him to not have a testimony anymore"

I've heard these kind of statements, too. For many members a "testimony" is nothing more than agreement or "alignment" with the Church. Disaffection results in the abandonment of everything perceived as being associated with the Church.

The question I have with the OP's situation in the Church is how much is complicity vs attempted mitigation. Would it be growing within the Church if they had held a firmer position on it? ("If the Church is fine with it, then it must be okay.")

Or would there just be more people leaving as parent(s) encourage their children to fall into the jaws of Baal? (If this, I can see why the Church is taking some of its positions on the issue; though, I whole-heartedly disagree and think there may be more self-preservation and some vanity in it, rather than any hope that accommodation/acceptance will result in reversal/abolishment.)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

spiritMan wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:04 am
nightlight wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:01 am In my last ward (Midvale) there was a boy who came to church in a dress every Sunday. You could clearly see the father was in a a deep depression...while the mom seemed peachy as ish

Smh
Look up "devouring mother"; it explains a lot.
We have one man like that. He stops wearing a facemask when she's not around.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

So sad. Transgenderism is contagious, like suicide is. It becomes a "valid" option and you get more of it if you tolerate it. If you celebrate it, it becomes an out of control fire.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

If that were to happen I would take my wife back to the Spanish Branch/Ward where most the people hate this stuff as much as I do and God bless them for it.

I've only heard about the pro-lgbtqrstpwhatever bishop in Riverton because I have been a long time listener to KTALK radio. What an abomination this man has helped create as well as the people who supported and sustained him.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:49 am "...would be the only thing that would get him to not have a testimony anymore"

I've heard these kind of statements, too. For many members a "testimony" is nothing more than agreement or "alignment" with the Church. Disaffection results in the abandonment of everything perceived as being associated with the Church.

The question I have with the OP's situation in the Church is how much is complicity vs attempted mitigation. Would it be growing within the Church if they had held a firmer position on it? ("If the Church is fine with it, then it must be okay.")

Or would there just be more people leaving as parent(s) encourage their children to fall into the jaws of Baal? (If this, I can see why the Church is taking some of its positions on the issue; though, I whole-heartedly disagree and think there may be more self-preservation and some vanity in it, rather than any hope that accommodation/acceptance will result in reversal/abolishment.)
This is a bright red sign of somebody who has been abused.

They constantly draw "red lines" that shift once they are crossed.

It's a coping mechanism, and a way to try to make sense of senseless behavior.

Hiker
captain of 100

Post by Hiker »

At the next conference, will brethren speak about the dangers of Transgenderism?
Last edited by Hiker on March 24th, 2023, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

HVDC wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:24 am
OCDMOM wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:12 am The youth have all been groomed by T V, Social Media and the internet.
And now.

Church.

Sir H
Please show some evidence of the church pushing, or actively recommending transgender! I mean the church not some random LDS person (or former). Doubt you will find it but if you do,, I'll read it. REMEMBER your stated was "groomed by Church" and the topic is "transgender".

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Unfortunately this seems like the great sickness covering the land to me. Its very apparent we have allowed the standards of the youth to slip from be good to be gay....idk if there is any way to stop it and while the church isn't actively promoting it, lots of members are very supportive of anything lgbtqiia plus. The youth are being bombarded with it every day. Unfortunately many are being influenced and acting on it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Three active (the inactives don't count for me).

I know one ward where the YW class president was a letter in that alphabet group, got two others (her counselors?) to go with her and bully all the other girls at Girls Camp into trying to get them to admit to being a letter. Not sure what, if anything, happened about it...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:59 am Yes, it is the Augenstein’s town. From photos, it looks like a pretty upscale area. The Augensteins are completely out of the church now. They are very much LGBTQ activists, promote all left/progressive agenda items, and Susie has a nose piercing and tattoo. Just sayin’. Fruits.
Glad they are gone! I wish they had repented, but glad they are gone to hamper their hanging millstones around other people's necks.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

And especially their classmates.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:49 am "...would be the only thing that would get him to not have a testimony anymore"

Yeah.

It seems unpleasant or uncomfortable truths trump the Holy Ghost for most. It's mostly the spirit of the devil overcoming the person and trying to kill their faith in as much as the person allows.

I wouldn't use 'testimony' in these cases. It's all about a lack of previous testimony, or much more likely, a lack of faith.

For me, "testimony" (as often is in the past) is great, but faith (now) is more important; though true faith is belief in things which are know, but not seen--how are they known? by the power of the Holy Ghost.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Just looking at my friend's list on FB tells me something is definitely up. I have one niece that is lesbian. She is probably my only younger person in my extended family (except my own kids) that was raised LDS. There are 3 or 4 of my kids's friends that are also my friends on FB that are gay. I have a transgender grand daughter. I have a friend of many years that decided when she was about 50 (over 20 years ago) that she was gay. In that same former ward there are now MANY of the kids that have come out of the closet. And there are at least a couple of the young elders we served with in the mission field about 10 years ago that are now gay. One was obvious at the time, and not even remotely trying to hide it. Yes, it's an interesting world.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

TheDuke wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 7:18 pm
HVDC wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 9:24 am
And now.

Church.

Sir H
Please show some evidence of the church pushing, or actively recommending transgender! I mean the church not some random LDS person (or former). Doubt you will find it but if you do,, I'll read it. REMEMBER your stated was "groomed by Church" and the topic is "transgender".
Sir H said "Church."

Not "The Church."

Are children in every ward being groomed by leaders? Of course not.

But in some churches it is happening.

My sister also lives in Riverton. Her bishop from when she moved in a few years ago now flies a transgender flag. On her street, at least 3 homes fly rainbow flags.

These flags don't go up for a holiday a few times a year. They are flying every single day.

People are more patriotic about being gay than being American.

And my sister's kids will have these people as primary teachers and youth leaders.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Smh
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Isaiah 3:12, 2 Nephi 13:12 comes to mind.