Free Advice From EndlessQuestions on How to Use a Backdoor

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Free Advice From EndlessQuestions on How to Use a Backdoor

Post by endlessQuestions »

Everyone knows how to use a front door.

That's easy.

But there's a secret to backdoors I would like to share with you, for the low cost of...

well, it's free advice, actually.

If you want to use a backdoor like everybody else, just open it and walk right in.

But if you want to be a master at back doors, ask somebody innocent to open the door for you and grab something, but to leave it open because you're, I don't know, going to have your hands full when you need to get in.

Then, while your kind, innocent, trusting friend is in the house - or even better, after he leaves, just quietly slip in and help yourself to whatever it is you're seeking.

Seen it happen.

Works great.

No fingerprints, unless there are some security measures in place (you know, something that logs things, like a videocamera or something).

So, like I said - works great.

Until it doesn't.

Then there's trouble in River City.

And you might find yourself up a river without a paddle.

Which means you might have to jump out of the boat.

If you want to get anywhere.

So maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

Unless you like swimming in shark infested waters.

Which I don't.

Guess the movie version will have to wait. ;)

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Re: Free Advice From EndlessQuestions on How to Use a Backdoor

Post by Atrasado »

What did you do?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Atrasado wrote: February 28th, 2023, 4:00 pm What did you do?
I magnified my calling.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: February 28th, 2023, 4:02 pm
I magnified my calling.
Answer #2:

Ecclesiastes 1:9
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I magnified my calling.
What is your calling. :?:

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Free advice on how to identify spam and/or low-effort posts. Click here to learn more now >>

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: February 28th, 2023, 4:20 pm Free advice on how to identify spam and/or low-effort posts. Click here to learn more now >>

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We’ll see.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Just having fun with you :)

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 28th, 2023, 4:20 pm
I magnified my calling.
What is your calling. :?:
I am a Ward Clerk and a Stake Auditor.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: February 28th, 2023, 6:17 pm Just having fun with you :)
Oh, sorry for my response then.

I’m on edge due to a situation that arose this weekend that has mushroomed into something much larger than I feel prepared to handle.

Thanks for trying to keep things light. I’ve always appreciated your ability to keep this a place where difficult things are discussed without contention taking over!

Have a great day!

Justin

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 3:41 am
creator wrote: February 28th, 2023, 6:17 pm Just having fun with you :)
Oh, sorry for my response then.

I’m on edge due to a situation that arose this weekend that has mushroomed into something much larger than I feel prepared to handle.

Thanks for trying to keep things light. I’ve always appreciated your ability to keep this a place where difficult things are discussed without contention taking over!

Have a great day!

Justin
EQ/ Justin, I just wanted to say that I truly appreciate you and your desire and efforts to search out truth and ask difficult questions. I find your efforts inspiring and I always find your posts interesting and thought provoking. Keep asking the tough questions , keep challenging narratives, and never stop seeking the truth. Pursuit of truth is ALWAYS a noble cause and God will always bless us in those efforts.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

They may attempt to persecute you. They may even succeed... You are a true gift. Please do not lose heart my friend.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Waiting for “the rest of the story.”
:)

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:04 am Waiting for “the rest of the story.”
That's funny, I was just waiting for more than one person to ask. Telling stories takes time, you know. And effort. And energy. Don't like to waste mine if I don't have to. ;)

Just kidding, but isn't it funny how much happens in life because we are sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of using our agency to try to help God make it happen?

Like, stopping abuse for example.

Or, I don't know, building Zion.

Anyways, you asked for the rest of the story.

There are things that I can't disclose due to the nature of my calling, but I do have another story that can help us understand how backdoors work, and why we might want to make sure we have backdoors monitored, protected, and in some cases, torn out and replaced with a brick wall.

Ready for storytime? Here we go!

This is a true story. As in, I can provide screenshots and forensic evidence to support my claims.

Yesterday, my old boss from Cisco reached out to say hello on LinkenIn.

I was surprised.

Like, really surprised.

He's a good man.

Like, a really good man.

Stood up for me when the company wanted me to get a shot, and worked with me to get an exemption (didn't happen, as they cancelled my hearing due to the fact that the Supreme Court shot that particular bird out of the sky)

Was kind.

Decent.

Generous.

Patient.

Listened carefully to my concerns.

Valued my opinion.

You know, a saintly kind of man.

But when we parted ways, we parted ways.

They tried to retain me.

I decided to leave.

And once I made my decision, they needed to focus on replacing me so their business would continue to grow and thrive.

Felt kind of like a grown-up interaction, if you know what I mean.

So to hear from him was weird.

But what made it even weirder was this.

On Sunday I was asked to perform an audit for a ward here in my Stake.

Can't talk much about that, but...

As I was getting ready to close out my audit,

something popped up on my screen.

That shouldn't have been there, in my personal and professional opinion (I have about 20 years of experience creating, maintaining, designing, architecting, and monitoring small, medium-sized, and enterprise scale data driven web applications).

Now, I'm not there as a "person" or as a "professional". I'm there as an authorized representative of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

But...

What I saw made it impossible for me to attest to the fact that the audit accurately reflected my findings.

I made sure the men who were with me both saw and understood why I wouldn't be able to complete the audit, and promised to get it over to them as soon I could figure out what was going on.

And then all hell broke loose, at least in my chemical soaked, trauma response brain. Could look totally different to somebody else, I guess.

Can't talk about this, unfortunately. Going to have to just be patient.

Except to say, after offering what I think is a very reasonable solution to the problem, I appear to have been "ghosted" by the men who are supposed to be supporting me in resolving this issue.

Like I said, I have a lot of experience in this area, and I've seen this episode before.

When the people who are supposed to be supporting you go radio silent, it usually means one of two things.

They lack proper training and have accidentally forgotten to take care of the important things.

Or

You're about to get "burned", if you know what I mean.

So, how does this relate to "back doors".

Imagine with me, if you will, the following scenario, and try to decide for yourself whether this is a reasonable interpretation of the observable facts:

In an effort to facilitate a resolution of what appears to be a serious problem, someone reveals the name of their former employer.
Someone in a very well connected, very powerful, very rich organization starts the process of initiating contact with that former employer, who is also a very well connected, very powerful, very rich organization.
The message sent is this: "Hey, we've got someone over here we're concerned about that used to work for you. Would you have someone he trusts reach out to him to see if everything's okay?"
The response is, "Sure! I'll take a look and have someone check in on him." This person may or may not honestly believe he's just doing a favor for a very important, very powerful, very rich client - which is something he or she is happy to do because it will help their relationship, which centers around contracts worth, I really don't know, but let's say hundreds of millions of dollars.
This first person looks up the personnel record of the individual in question and finds that he/she was involved in many discussions while at the company with their manager, and that they seemed to have a relationship of trust.
A call is made. "Hey, we've got a huge client asking a favor. Would you reach out to so and so and just see how their doing? May help us land that big contract that Sales is working through."
Person two, who is a good, honest, decent, loving, thoughtful man who truly cares about his former employees AND his company jumps at the chance to live out his values. "Sure!" he says.
And he contacts our friend, for no other reason than to say hello.
After no contact at all since our friend left the company.
Person two walks away feeling great about themself, knowing they did both their former employee, their boss, and HUGE CLIENT a solid.
Our friend walks away with his trauma response fully activated, walking around like a lit up Christmas tree, making people wonder if he's not quite right in the head.

Everyone's happy up the chain, because the mission was accomplished: Our friend now knows there's nowhere to hide, no one he can talk to, nothing he can do but submit to the will of those he was supposed to be able to trust, since, I don't know, let's just say, they were all supposed to understand that they are children of God.

You see, backdoors are everywhere.

They're on our houses.
They're in our applications.
They exist inside our social and institutional structures.
And they're very, very useful for people who enjoy subtle things.

I don't like backdoors.

I prefer to use the front door.
To look a man in the eye and try to resolve our differences in the way my Master has taught me to.
Seems more respectful, more transparent, more in line with what my standard works have taught me.
Just my style, I guess.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 8:42 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:04 am Waiting for “the rest of the story.”
That's funny, I was just waiting for more than one person to ask. Telling stories takes time, you know. And effort. And energy. Don't like to waste mine if I don't have to. ;)

Just kidding, but isn't it funny how much happens in life because we are sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of using our agency to try to help God make it happen?

Like, stopping abuse for example.

Or, I don't know, building Zion.

Anyways, you asked for the rest of the story.

There are things that I can't disclose due to the nature of my calling, but I do have another story that can help us understand how backdoors work, and why we might want to make sure we have backdoors monitored, protected, and in some cases, torn out and replaced with a brick wall.

Ready for storytime? Here we go!

This is a true story. As in, I can provide screenshots and forensic evidence to support my claims.

Yesterday, my old boss from Cisco reached out to say hello on LinkenIn.

I was surprised.

Like, really surprised.

He's a good man.

Like, a really good man.

Stood up for me when the company wanted me to get a shot, and worked with me to get an exemption (didn't happen, as they cancelled my hearing due to the fact that the Supreme Court shot that particular bird out of the sky)

Was kind.

Decent.

Generous.

Patient.

Listened carefully to my concerns.

Valued my opinion.

You know, a saintly kind of man.

But when we parted ways, we parted ways.

They tried to retain me.

I decided to leave.

And once I made my decision, they needed to focus on replacing me so their business would continue to grow and thrive.

Felt kind of like a grown-up interaction, if you know what I mean.

So to hear from him was weird.

But what made it even weirder was this.

On Sunday I was asked to perform an audit for a ward here in my Stake.

Can't talk much about that, but...

As I was getting ready to close out my audit,

something popped up on my screen.

That shouldn't have been there, in my personal and professional opinion (I have about 20 years of experience creating, maintaining, designing, architecting, and monitoring small, medium-sized, and enterprise scale data driven web applications).

Now, I'm not there as a "person" or as a "professional". I'm there as an authorized representative of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

But...

What I saw made it impossible for me to attest to the fact that the audit accurately reflected my findings.

I made sure the men who were with me both saw and understood why I wouldn't be able to complete the audit, and promised to get it over to them as soon I could figure out what was going on.

And then all hell broke loose, at least in my chemical soaked, trauma response brain. Could look totally different to somebody else, I guess.

Can't talk about this, unfortunately. Going to have to just be patient.

Except to say, after offering what I think is a very reasonable solution to the problem, I appear to have been "ghosted" by the men who are supposed to be supporting me in resolving this issue.

Like I said, I have a lot of experience in this area, and I've seen this episode before.

When the people who are supposed to be supporting you go radio silent, it usually means one of two things.

They lack proper training and have accidentally forgotten to take care of the important things.

Or

You're about to get "burned", if you know what I mean.

So, how does this relate to "back doors".

Imagine with me, if you will, the following scenario, and try to decide for yourself whether this is a reasonable interpretation of the observable facts:

In an effort to facilitate a resolution of what appears to be a serious problem, someone reveals the name of their former employer.
Someone in a very well connected, very powerful, very rich organization starts the process of initiating contact with that former employer, who is also a very well connected, very powerful, very rich organization.
The message sent is this: "Hey, we've got someone over here we're concerned about that used to work for you. Would you have someone he trusts reach out to him to see if everything's okay?"
The response is, "Sure! I'll take a look and have someone check in on him." This person may or may not honestly believe he's just doing a favor for a very important, very powerful, very rich client - which is something he or she is happy to do because it will help their relationship, which centers around contracts worth, I really don't know, but let's say hundreds of millions of dollars.
This first person looks up the personnel record of the individual in question and finds that he/she was involved in many discussions while at the company with their manager, and that they seemed to have a relationship of trust.
A call is made. "Hey, we've got a huge client asking a favor. Would you reach out to so and so and just see how their doing? May help us land that big contract that Sales is working through."
Person two, who is a good, honest, decent, loving, thoughtful man who truly cares about his former employees AND his company jumps at the chance to live out his values. "Sure!" he says.
And he contacts our friend, for no other reason than to say hello.
After no contact at all since our friend left the company.
Person two walks away feeling great about themself, knowing they did both their former employee, their boss, and HUGE CLIENT a solid.
Our friend walks away with his trauma response fully activated, walking around like a lit up Christmas tree, making people wonder if he's not quite right in the head.

Everyone's happy up the chain, because the mission was accomplished: Our friend now knows there's nowhere to hide, no one he can talk to, nothing he can do but submit to the will of those he was supposed to be able to trust, since, I don't know, let's just say, they were all supposed to understand that they are children of God.

You see, backdoors are everywhere.

They're on our houses.
They're in our applications.
They exist inside our social and institutional structures.
And they're very, very useful for people who enjoy subtle things.

I don't like backdoors.

I prefer to use the front door.
To look a man in the eye and try to resolve our differences in the way my Master has taught me to.
Seems more respectful, more transparent, more in line with what my standard works have taught me.
Just my style, I guess.
Sounds like you've been having some fun. :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 3:41 amI’m on edge due to a situation that arose this weekend that has mushroomed into something much larger than I feel prepared to handle.
Is it related to your membership status in the Church? Just a guess based on your recent forum postings. Be prepared to lose your membership, that seems to be a very likely outcome. Also be prepared for them to use your own publicly posted comments against you when they excommunicate you.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

I’m afraid I have to agree with Creator.

If so, they’ll likely come after you with both barrels loaded, to both punish and abase you in the eyes of those you know. Like they did to another Justin and his wife:

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

This is super interesting even though I don’t totally understand what’s going on.

Is this about you?

Or about the audit? Was some funny business going on with the finances?

Or that’s how you were able to go through the back door. Because you were performing an audit?

Very interesting. And weird.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

BigT wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:45 am I’m afraid I have to agree with Creator.

If so, they’ll likely come after you with both barrels loaded, to both punish and abase you in the eyes of those you know. Like they did to another Justin and his wife:

I started watching that video. Very interesting. In their disciplinary counsel, the SP (?) was saying that the current prophet trumps everything else, including past prophets, the scriptures, and EVEN THE SPIRIT. The stake men in the room were all nodding in agreement with this idiocy. That's insane. No one in the church can hold a candle to Isaiah. I believe these stake people were spiritually damaged by taking the vaxx. This idiocy is going to be par going forward.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

I'm going to reply to several comments at once because things are moving very quickly.

Yes, it did have to do with me being concerned about my membership.

BUT...

I just received a communication from my Stake President in which he promises me he will try not to escalate the situation.

I consider this a miracle. Thank you all for your prayers and for your fasting.

God sees us.

He knows His calendars.

He has set up appointed times.

We are living in the fullness of the times, and as President Nelson has said, there are many appointed times that have yet to be fulfilled.

This is the smallest amount of a "trust deposit" my Stake President could make. But it's a deposit, and I'm committed to riding this thing out until that balance is negative.

As was recorded in Mark 12:

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

I am not here to judge any man or woman in regards to how big their deposits are as long as I can see evidence they are acting in good faith. If this is what he wants to deposit, I will gratefully accept it.

And maybe form a shell company to invest the excess in, in order to help it grow. ;)

We've got a long road ahead of us, but this IS a first step, and you are all witnesses of it.

God bless. Stay strong!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:17 pm We are living in the fullness of the times, and as President Nelson has said, there are many appointed times that have yet to be fulfilled.
I'm not so sure I'd quote this man w/ regard to the times in which we live.... Jesus said a lot about our day, but much of that contradicts this vitamin-pushing retired doctor.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:26 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:17 pm We are living in the fullness of the times, and as President Nelson has said, there are many appointed times that have yet to be fulfilled.
I'm not so sure I'd quote this man w/ regard to the times in which we live.... Jesus said a lot about our day, but much of that contradicts this vitamin-pushing retired doctor.
I understand your position.

But integrity demands that I testify that many of the profoundly spiritual experiences that have happened in my life have been because I listened carefully to what that man has said during his ministry, filtered out the things the Lord told me to not do, and applied the teachings.

So, in one sense, the reason I am here is because I "followed the prophet" - when he was either:

1) teaching from the standard works
or
2) speaking by the spirit of prophecy
or
3) made a lucky guess and said something the Spirit was willing to confirm
or
4) I don't know, but I'm sure there are things I'm missing. I'm very tired, my friends. But ready to roll tonight and see if we can turn the widow's farthing into the (widow's farthing x 2).

We'll see what happens.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:38 pm

But integrity demands that I testify that many of the profoundly spiritual experiences that have happened in my life have been because I listened carefully to what that man has said during his ministry, filtered out the things the Lord told me to not do, and applied the teachings.

So, in one sense, the reason I am here is because I "followed the prophet" - when he was either:

or
or
or
4) I don't know, but I'm sure there are things I'm missing. I'm very tired, my friends. But ready to roll tonight and see if we can turn the widow's farthing into the (widow's farthing x 2).

We'll see what happens.
I have seen a lot of harm come to my friends and family because of what this church has pushed as correct doctrine.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:46 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:38 pm

or
or
or

We'll see what happens.
I have seen a lot of harm come to my friends and family because of what this church has pushed as correct doctrine.
Me too.

More than I can disclose here, my friend.

But of us it is required to forgive all men, and then allow the Lord to do His work, in His time, and in the manner He sees fit.

Nobody gets to sit in on my final judgement.

And nobody gets to sit in on theirs.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: March 1st, 2023, 2:57 pm Me too.

More than I can disclose here, my friend.

But of us it is required to forgive all men, and then allow the Lord to do His work, in His time, and in the manner He sees fit.

Nobody gets to sit in on my final judgement.

And nobody gets to sit in on theirs.
Yes, I 100% agree, but that doesn't mean we slip back into bed with an abusive spouse. The Lord taught us to pluck them out. I can forgive them and stop listening to them. I can even chastise them for bad behavior.

I'm inviting you to the ringside seats of my judgment btw. It's gonna be pretty epic. I'm excited for that day. :)