Drag Queen Story hour protected by the Church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Godislove
captain of 100

Re: Drag Queen Story hour protected by the Church

Post by Godislove »

Serragon wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:22 pm
Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:14 pm
Serragon wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:48 pm
Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:37 pm

Yeah I agree! I think he should also give names, but he said he will take the heat on this as he agreed to attach his name. We have several stakes in our town. This is Idaho! This protest did not happen in his stake nor were any of this stake members there (at least I don’t think so). Why would he even have involved himself unless he was asked to? And it wasn’t because he is a “rogue stake president that supports pedophiles” or whatever a very few if you keep saying!
If he were rogue, the church would have disavowed and amended his statement immediately. This did not happen, so it is clear that this statement came from the chain of command.

If he hadn't made the statement, the Area presidency would just have had one of the other SP's on the coordinating council do it.

I, personally, would never have attached my name to a statement like that. But I think the level of anger and accusation directed at him is too strong. This is likely the first time he has been put in a position of this sort. It is a waste of time to direct your energy at the pawn when the king is directing the movements of the pieces on the board.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they've heard nothing about it. Both people I spoke to at church HQ, seemed to know absolutely nothing about the protest or the supposed statement.
I am positive the Area Presidency knows. SP's are trained to reach out to the AP, and I have never met an SP in my life who would not first check with the AP before making an official statement to the media.

But it really doesn't matter where the statement came from. It is the official statement of the church on this event, and that fact is really all that is relevant. I find the statement and the position taken by the church to be revolting. Whether it is the SP's own words or those from higher up, they accurately represent the current position of the church. And that is what I find the most distressing about the whole incident.
Yes, the Area Presidency may know but based on my conversations with HQ I am left doubtful that those higher up in hierarchy know but I'm completely with you that this whole thing is absolutely revolting.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:25 pm
Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:17 pm
Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:49 pm

Yeah I agree! I think he should also give names, but he said he will take the heat on this as he agreed to attach his name. We have several stakes in our town. This is Idaho! This protest did not happen in his stake nor were any of this stake members there (at least I don’t think so). Why would he even have involved himself unless he was asked to? And it wasn’t because he is a “rogue stake president that supports pedophiles” or whatever a very few if you keep saying!
And! he’s left his Facebook page open for all of you to post comments. Has anyone ever wondered why he would do this? He believes everyone should have a voice, including all of you. He took it down for a brief time because there were a couple of things posted that were very vulgar, so he sorted through those and put it back up.
It seems like people get attacked on that page by family members for using their voice.
Yeah. It’s hard for his family to see him attacked. They know him personally and that sucks to watch .
I didn't see any personal attacks towards him on that page. Just people voicing their concerns and then being accused of attacking him.
Last edited by Godislove on March 1st, 2023, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

And! he’s left his Facebook page open for all of you to post comments. Has anyone ever wondered why he would do this? He believes everyone should have a voice, including all of you. He took it down for a brief time because there were a couple of things posted that were very vulgar, so he sorted through those and put it back up.
It seems like people get attacked on that page by family members for using their voice.
Yeah. It’s hard for his family to see him attacked. They know him personally and that sucks to watch .
It is also difficult for those who engaged in peaceful protest to see themselves attacked by the church and their leaders for standing peacefully against evil.

As i said earlier, I hope your SP friend has learned from this.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

spiritMan wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:16 pm
Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 3:33 pm I just spoke in person to a woman at church HQ. She seemed to think that if it was an official church statement that came out for the church it would've had names attached and it would have been an official document you could find on the church website. She also said if it was an area issue it probably would've come from the Area Presidency but she says it's probably best to go straight to the source.
So all we will probably know about this situation is that it came from a woman (not through the proper priesthood channels or in the usual way things are communicated) and the stake pres. won't disclose the truth of where the quote actually came from.
He is throwing a lot of chaft for such a statement.
The fact that he won't disclose at this point either means he didn't have anyone above him who told him to do this and he is using the Church as cover.... or someone above him is using him to prevent heat from coming.

Whichever it is.... the stake president is completely untrustworthy at this point.
You agree with me on something? A small miracle has occurred!

So this is even more interesting. The protest wasn't in his stake or with his members . . .so yes . . .why exactly would He be the guy to be involved? Is it possible that the Area President went to other SPs first before finding himself a willing stuckie to do his dirty work?

Your brother is getting hung out to dry you know that right?

The Area President has to know the SP he picked is getting a ton of heat but the AP is being a coward by not owning it and leaving your brother to take the fall. That's real Christian of the AP . . .to let his underlings take the pounding for his wicked decision.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 3:33 pm I just spoke in person to a woman at church HQ. She seemed to think that if it was an official church statement that came out for the church it would've had names attached and it would have been an official document you could find on the church website. She also said if it was an area issue it probably would've come from the Area Presidency but she says it's probably best to go straight to the source.
So all we will probably know about this situation is that it came from a woman (not through the proper priesthood channels or in the usual way things are communicated) and the stake pres. won't disclose the truth of where the quote actually came from.
The fact that he won't disclose at this point either means he didn't have anyone above him who told him to do this and he is using the Church as cover.... or someone above him is using him to prevent heat from coming.

Whichever it is.... the stake president is completely untrustworthy at this point.
Which is fine, but he hasn’t responded to a single question about why he did this and the actual intent of what he agreed to put his name to. He’s like the church, make an official statement and consider the matter closed.

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

“Divisive and hateful” Seems to be a bread and butter phrase thrown around by the left on twitter and instagram. A quick search showed it was popular political phrase used by democrats during the Trump years.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:27 pm

If he were rogue, the church would have disavowed and amended his statement immediately. This did not happen, so it is clear that this statement came from the chain of command.

If he hadn't made the statement, the Area presidency would just have had one of the other SP's on the coordinating council do it.

I, personally, would never have attached my name to a statement like that. But I think the level of anger and accusation directed at him is too strong. This is likely the first time he has been put in a position of this sort. It is a waste of time to direct your energy at the pawn when the king is directing the movements of the pieces on the board.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they've heard nothing about it. Both people I spoke to at church HQ, seemed to know absolutely nothing about the protest or the supposed statement.
I am positive the Area Presidency knows. SP's are trained to reach out to the AP, and I have never met an SP in my life who would not first check with the AP before making an official statement to the media.

But it really doesn't matter where the statement came from. It is the official statement of the church on this event, and that fact is really all that is relevant. I find the statement and the position taken by the church to be revolting. Whether it is the SP's own words or those from higher up, they accurately represent the current position of the church. And that is what I find the most distressing about the whole incident.
Yes, the Area Presidency may know but based on my conversations with HQ I am left doubtful that those higher up in hierarchy know but I'm completely with you that this whole thing is absolutely revolting.
So the Area President is a coward. Find a willing participate who won't tell him no, won't give up his name and then leave this man to take the heat for his (the APs) bad decision.

Typical of wicked men . . .unwilling to own up to their own mistakes. Say what you will about the SP (and his wicked decisions) but at least he has more of a back-bone that the AP who pawned this off on him.

God what a corrupt organization. And that sums up the Church.

It demands loyalty of those beneath it to those above.
It has no loyalty from those above to those beneath.
Last edited by spiritMan on March 1st, 2023, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Serragon wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:29 pm

It is also difficult for those who engaged in peaceful protest to see themselves attacked by the church and their leaders for standing peacefully against evil.

Doubtful.

It appears Badgerone is learning from this . . .but man it's like pulling teeth. Every bit of information has to be extracted.

Badgerone45
captain of 50

Post by Badgerone45 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:41 pm

Which is fine, but he hasn’t responded to a single question about why he did this and the actual intent of what he agreed to put his name to. He’s like the church, make an official statement and consider the matter closed.
He is very tied up with work, family, and church everyday. Look how much of my time this has consumed. If he made a statement I believe you would all just want to argue with him. He did make a statement on his Facebook page.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:46 pm

He is very tied up with work, family, and church everyday. Look how much of my time this has consumed. If he made a statement I believe you would all just want to argue with him. He did make a statement on his Facebook page.
I’m intimately familiar w/ the schedule of a stake president. They are busy. Too busy IMO.

BTW, you willingly chose to be here, you made time. If you weren’t interested in the conversation then you wouldn’t be here. According to the church, all of us are divisive and hateful apostates, hardly worth the time of a righteous gentile. Well, except to scorn us for our poor behavior.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:01 pm
pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:50 pm
But there was a woman that was the PR for the church that did not live in the area.
Interesting? Is anyone sure this woman is actually authorized to speak for the Church? Getting a SP contact info, isn’t hard. Having been associated with leadership in the Stake. I’ve always known that any message relayed to the Stake President from SLC has been via the Area Authority. This seems so vague. I need to look at the statement and deconstruct its sentiments.
It was approved by the area authority.
You asked me about leadership earlier.

One of the first rules of leadership is to protect those underneath you.
If bad things happen b/c of a bad decision you told someone to do, you take the heat, not the person beneath you. Shoot, it's even good to PUBLICLY take the heat for a bad decision they made even if you didn't tell them.
Then in private you give it to them.

What that engenders is trust. The person beneath knows they can trust to not be left hanging out to dry. Now sometimes something is so bad that the top leader has no choice but publicly do something...

I guess your brother wants to climb the Church ladder and figures if he takes all the heat for this AP, the AP will promote him up the chain afterward. Except, the AP has got no loyalty to your brother except to leave him out to dry.

Pretty sad.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

He could have VERY easily just made the statement:
I was directed by the Area President YYYYY to release this statement. Please direct comments to him.

We STILL don't know who that is. Was it the SPs Area President or some other Area President in the Church? Who is it. What is the guy's name?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:27 pm

The AP wouldn't have done this if he didn't either think a) he could get away with it or b) it is what the Church wants him to do.

Badgerone45
captain of 50

Post by Badgerone45 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:49 pm

I’m intimately familiar w/ the schedule of a stake president. They are busy. Too busy IMO.

BTW, you willingly chose to be here, you made time. If you weren’t interested in the conversation then you wouldn’t be here. According to the church, all of us are divisive and hateful apostates, hardly worth the time of a righteous gentile. Well, except to scorn us for our poor behavior.
I’m just a stay at home “knitter” or at least I should be according to Sir H. I have time. He has a full time job that isn’t in an office or near computers. His family takes priority once he is home. This really isn’t a good way to use your time. It doesn’t seem that it’s doing much good with anything. What is the purpose of being on here arguing? What does it accomplish?

Badgerone45
captain of 50

Post by Badgerone45 »

spiritMan wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:45 pm

Doubtful.

It appears Badgerone is learning from this . . .but man it's like pulling teeth. Every bit of information has to be extracted.
If I gave it all at once that would’ve been too easy for you all! Haha! I think you are thinking we could actually be friends spiritMan. Now that would be a miracle!

Badgerone45
captain of 50

Post by Badgerone45 »

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:58 pm

I’m just a stay at home “knitter” or at least I should be according to Sir H. I have time. He has a full time job that isn’t in an office or near computers. His family takes priority once he is home. This really isn’t a good way to use your time. It doesn’t seem that it’s not doing much good with anything. What is the purpose of being on here arguing? What does it accomplish?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

I’m just a stay at home “knitter” or at least I should be according to Sir H. I have time. He has a full time job that isn’t in an office or near computers. His family takes priority once he is home. This really isn’t a good way to use your time. It doesn’t seem that it’s doing much good with anything. What is the purpose of being on here arguing? What does it accomplish?
Hmmm, good question....recording for posterity and that some people tried to warn others.

Did you know that the Church has openly homosexual missionaries who advocate romantic same-sexual relations, they have romantic involvement with the same-sex; no repentance necessary?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:02 pm
spiritMan wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:45 pm

Doubtful.

If I gave it all at once that would’ve been too easy for you all! Haha! I think you are thinking we could actually be friends spiritMan. Now that would be a miracle!
haha. Sure if you wanted to be friends, why not?

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:15 pm
But there was a woman that was the PR for the church that did not live in the area.
Interesting? Is anyone sure this woman is actually authorized to speak for the Church? Getting a SP contact info, isn’t hard. Having been associated with leadership in the Stake. I’ve always known that any message relayed to the Stake President from SLC has been via the Area Authority. This seems so vague. I need to look at the statement and deconstruct its sentiments.
So it came from a woman and then an area authority approved of what she said?
Maybe the Area Authority.

Is a Drag Queen.

Could explain the confusion.

Sir H

Badgerone45
captain of 50

Post by Badgerone45 »

spiritMan wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:05 pm

Hmmm, good question....recording for posterity and that some people tried to warn others.

Did you know that the Church has openly homosexual missionaries who advocate romantic same-sexual relations, they have romantic involvement with the same-sex; no repentance necessary?
I did know that, but I didn’t know they didn’t have to repent. Can you show me that?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

HVDC wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:14 pm
Godislove wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:15 pm

So it came from a woman and then an area authority approved of what she said?
Maybe the Area Authority.

Is a Drag Queen.

Could explain the confusion.

Sir H
It's almost a guarantee that there is a GA (or two) who is LGBTQ+. He is probably queer and an ally but still is afraid of openly proclaiming his sexual deviancy. That may be why he doesn't want his name known . . .too much heat. But it could give him an opportunity to be "the first openly queer LDS General Authority"!!!

Come on someone is looking to take up that mantel so the Church can show how stylish it is these days.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Badgerone45 wrote: March 1st, 2023, 6:18 pm

I did know that, but I didn’t know they didn’t have to repent. Can you show me that?
Sure. This forum has documented the slow but steady descent into sodomy.

http://standardoflibertyblog.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/liftandloveorg ... k7Xh2yWYrl

https://soundcloud.com/user-818501778/e ... -recent-rm

https://soundcloud.com/user-818501778/e ... -of-christ

https://www.facebook.com/natemaklocklin ... 7709829160

https://seek.deseretbook.com/p/building ... n-schilaty
(talks about men dating other men in the Church)

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

And lets be clear on something. The Church now says they don't have to repent.

They will absolutely have to repent of their sexual lustful desires . . .of that there is no doubt.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

And the words they use are always slippery, slippery words . . .they never say exactly what they mean . . .but one can easily discern what is actually being said for those who have ears to hear.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

So... You believe this is a waste of time, yet you continue the discussion. Interesting.