Drag Queen Story hour protected by the Church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Drag Queen Story hour protected by the Church

Post by spiritMan »

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/freea ... 8bf88.html

To hell with these arseholes.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints did not sanction or support these protests. Our faith does not support divisive or hateful behavior toward our brothers and sisters. We strive to follow the example of Jesus Christ to love one another,” said Cameron D. Brower, Chubbuck Idaho Stake president and the local representative for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in Tuesday's statement."
Last edited by spiritMan on February 22nd, 2023, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Re: Drag Queen Story hour protected by the Church

Post by Dave62 »

Wow! Those fantastic Christians are doing the right thing. I am ashamed of our weak church leaders. So, from what the Stake President said, we are to understand that Jesus would not stand up to the sexualisation of children? Really?
(By the way, 'arsehole' packs more punch than '@#$#%@!' but I get your meaning.)
And just let me add that it is so funny that this forum does not censor the word 'arsehole' but does censor 'donkey-hole'. Please don't change.
Last edited by Dave62 on February 22nd, 2023, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korsgaard46
captain of 50

Post by Korsgaard46 »

Seems about right, just like in Florida, siding with the groomers.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2022/9/1 ... n-florida

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Korsgaard46 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:03 am Seems about right, just like in Florida, siding with the groomers.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2022/9/1 ... n-florida
The really really sad thing is that there is or at least was enough traditional punch in the Church to push back hard against this crap years ago..... but the right in the Church stuck their heads in the sand and said " follow the prophet" so they never pushed back and the left pushed hard .... and many on the right STILL deny this is happening and that really truly honestly the top leadership really really is with them... They just can't say it or push on it right now because of reasons...

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Dave62 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:02 am Wow! Those fantastic Christians are doing the right thing. I am ashamed of our weak church leaders. So, from what the Stake President said, we are to understand that Jesus would not stand up to the sexualisation of children? Really?
(By the way, 'arsehole' packs more punch than '@#$#%@!' but I get your meaning.)
And just let me add that it is so funny that this forum does not censor the word 'arsehole' but does censor 'donkey-hole'. Please don't change.
I wouldn't sustain the SP after something like this... but no the right in the church, their God is the leadership not Christ.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

These men who dress up like sluts to read stories to children know exactly what they are doing and should be treated like the pieces of excrement that they are. If I was living in that Stake I would be having harsh words with the Stake President. There comes a time when a person needs to stand up and say NO! Our children are being sexualized by a bunch of Satanic perverts and I'm supposed to call these (can't think of a word that won't be censored) my Brothers? Like bloody hell!

Mike

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

To me, the most horrendous part of the story is the church discouraging the protesters.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I read the article to place that quote in context. Wow… that was horrific.

Abandon ship!!!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

What this stake president described is the same logic used by the Episcopal church, the false doctrine of Inclusivity:

“We are committed to the vital work of inclusion, aspiring to tell and exemplify God’s love for every human being; women and men, gay, straight and trans, serve as bishops, priests and deacons in our church.”

https://episcopalcolorado.org/welcoming-and-inclusion/

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Salt that has lost its savor

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

It feels to me that the brethren are purposely trying to drive men like me out of their church.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

gradles21 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:44 am It feels to me that the brethren are purposely trying to drive men like me out of their church.
I hear wearing a dress can help. Not as tight in the thigh area and the waste isn’t so restricted by the belt.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I can see the word that everyone is saying was censored… anyone else? Or do i have special powers on here? Lol

This is disgusting.

After skimming through the article, it sounds like the stake Pres. made that comment because someone else had mentioned that there were a few Latter Day Saints among the protesters. So he was trying to set the public story straight?! I don’t know… Do stake presidents have authority to make public statements for the Church? I didn’t think so. But of course the official statements have been not much better. What a mess.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:50 am Abandon ship!!!
Yes, absolutely!

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Maybe Drag Queens should be allowed to get married in the temple.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Let me get this right....

No weapons. No fists. No shoving.

No shouting. No threats. No name calling.

And the official church statement accuses the protestors of hate?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Trucker wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 7:01 am Maybe Drag Queens should be allowed to get married in the temple.
I think it would be great... if you are going to do something go full tilt no half measures.

And this is the religion that 20 years ago said women should only wear one earring for Pete's sake.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:43 am Salt that has lost its savor
That's exactly what we are, the times of the gentile are done. We've shown what our allegiance is to. We're done.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:22 am What this stake president described is the same logic used by the Episcopal church, the false doctrine of Inclusivity:

“We are committed to the vital work of inclusion, aspiring to tell and exemplify God’s love for every human being; women and men, gay, straight and trans, serve as bishops, priests and deacons in our church.”

https://episcopalcolorado.org/welcoming-and-inclusion/
The Anglican Communion has just lost the majority of its membership within the past week.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Trucker wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 7:01 am Maybe Drag Queens should be allowed to get married in the temple.
Or officiate.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I get that this is just one statement from a presumably “rogue” SP, and we don’t judge the church by the actions of a lone wolf, but in reality, this is what decades of conditioning has created.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 7:14 am I get that this is just one statement from a presumably “rogue” SP, and we don’t judge the church by the actions of a lone wolf, but in reality, this is what decades of conditioning has created.
True it's not from Salt Lake, but it is from the official church representative in the area. I also thinks it's unlikely that he had consult with church PR on this.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:51 am
gradles21 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:44 am It feels to me that the brethren are purposely trying to drive men like me out of their church.
I hear wearing a dress can help. Not as tight in the thigh area and the waste isn’t so restricted by the belt.
that's... oddly specific.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

gradles21 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 7:15 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:51 am
that's... oddly specific.
:D

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I see now.
I have been wrong.

I was trying to be funny, not be part of a mob.
This crossed too many lines for me.
I'm walking away from the crowd .
Last edited by tribrac on February 24th, 2023, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.