We need to understand that evil exists and how it operates.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: We need to understand that evil exists and how it operates.

Post by Original_Intent »

Another great thread. Love to see the spirit moving so powerfully upon people this morning.

We must learn history. We must understand the divine principles contained in the U.S. Constitution. It was imperfect and was designed to be further perfected. We have to understand the damage done to the Constitution by President Abraham Lincoln - however well-intentioned he was, he initiated a war, not to free the slaves but to preserve the UNION. This principle of maintaining the UNION by force was a severe blow to the divine design.

Even so, this country continued to grow as a light on a hill and due to our economics and still quite correct form of government, this little backwater colony quickly grew to a world power. Due to our system of rewarding innovation and hard work, we became a "brain drain" on the rest of the world - people of high intellect and work ethic fled to the United States in droves because they could actually be the benefactors of their own ideas and labor, rather than the powerful elite reaping the benefits.

Read in The Creature of Jekyll Island how the elites of the world saw themselves losing their grasp on power and conspired to create the Federal Reserve in order to capture the wealth being generated.

Watch the documentary "Century of the Self" to see how the ideas of propaganda and population mind control were established in the early 20th century and how those techniques have been studied and refined ever since to the point that the WEF now openly states that free will is a thing of the past.

Just as there is mind, body, and spirit, the evil powers have sought levers of control over all three aspects of our lives. They are both specialized but also are in secret combination to assist one another in complete subjugation of mankind.

Realize that most of the people that are evil are simply still living in the Matrix and they will fight to defend the matrix because that is all that they know to do. They are not the real enemy, we need to learn to recognize the masters of the matrix, we will never win fighting against the billions who have been hypnotized. We must learn to break their hypnosis and to identify the hypnotists.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: February 15th, 2023, 6:53 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 14th, 2023, 6:04 am I should also add, there is not a single group, institution, or church in this world that is immune to these influences.
immune to these influences ?

they can BE - 1 of these influences.

these days, you don't have to look any further than your church.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

how it operates ?
One of the biggest and evil ways it operates -
and has already been set up by satan - (the master of deception)WE'VE BEEN DECEIVED !
and that we are all already part of and participating in, is THE INTERNET and it's controlled information !
Just look at all the controlled Mainstream and Social Media - where they censor and control everything,
and these evil NWO companies - that control the World - and everyone -
with their giant platforms - that so many of us are using and participating in.
Twitter, Google - Youtube, Facebook , Amazon , Instagram - etc. etc. = (secret combinations = NWO) ...

Post by Guest »

I was just wondering this last week about the same thing regarding our responsibility to become saints. That seems to be judged more on this forum than any other forum I have seen. And if one is of a particulart religion the he doesn't even have a chance with some of you, but . . .

So when I go to a nursing home and visit, when I clothe someone or help them financially, or when I feed someone whether through donations or just give money to homeless it seems like such a small effort. It seems so insignificant. And yet, Jesus told those kind of people, those who do seemingly insignificant things that it was done to Him. In fact, those saints are so suprised that they say, "When did we do that for you (Jesus)?"

So I was wondering and praying even, if something so insignificant really builds me sprirtually and leads me toward becoming like Jesus. and I have come to the conclusion that I should do the seemingly insignificant deeds and base it on faith that if Jesus says he will reward me then he will. Even if I can't see the reward or the change in me is small. especially if others can't see the reward or the small change in my spirituality. I just need to follow these simple things and do them based on faith . Faith that Jesus will reward as he has promised to do .

I am not sure I need the HUGE miracles and signs that y'all are looking for. None of you hold the rewards in your hands nor the power over those rewards. Just Jesus does.

Post by Guest »

btw . . the only way to know evil is to see it first hand. War is first hand . . witnessing bondage of another or another being beaten or killed or witnessing theft or rape or incest or other evils is the ONLY way to know evil

those of you on this forum that have been protected from these evils do not know evil

that is probably why you mistake prophets and other petty criminals (running a red light type of people) as evil because you have not experienced true evil

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Guest wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:04 pm btw . . the only way to know evil is to see it first hand. War is first hand . . witnessing bondage of another or another being beaten or killed or witnessing theft or rape or incest or other evils is the ONLY way to know evil

those of you on this forum that have been protected from these evils do not know evil

that is probably why you mistake prophets and other petty criminals (running a red light type of people) as evil because you have not experienced true evil
How do you know we have not seen evil? I can certainly read about evil from many historical sources, especially the scriptures. I mean, just look at the end of the BoM. The Nephites committed some of the most egregious sins noted in all of scriptures. They raped, killed, and cannibalized women.

I’ve already read SRA stories that are more gross that almost anything I’ve ever read. Truly sickening… and sure, I bet there are things that are far worse.. but evil isn’t hiding these days like they used to.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

How does somebody get a "guest" account? Seems like a ghost account. Not clickable, no data, not searchable, no history.

Post by Guest »

cuz I know the difference in a human that has experienced evil, before and after. The effect of a scary book is not the same.

Evil doesn't care if you keep your head down. It doesn't care if you are a good person or a bad person. Evil doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly or spiritual or challenging or christian or non christian, etc. Evil just rolls over the top of you. It cannot be stopped only by God or Jesus. It doesn't care how much you have personally prepared or what you think or what your philosophy is.

Evil just rolls over the top of people and just keeps coming. . . doesn't care who you are.

you have not truly seen evil and you have been protected more than you realize. That is about to change and not because I want it to but because that is the destiny of our world right now. So you will probably get an up close encounter soon and then you could talk legitimately about evil

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:27 pm How does somebody get a "guest" account? Seems like a ghost account. Not clickable, no data, not searchable, no history.
It was just a temporary glitch in the Matrix. I'm curious who that was though.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Guest wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:33 pm cuz I know the difference in a human that has experienced evil, before and after. The effect of a scary book is not the same.

Evil doesn't care if you keep your head down. It doesn't care if you are a good person or a bad person. Evil doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly or spiritual or challenging or christian or non christian, etc. Evil just rolls over the top of you. It cannot be stopped only by God or Jesus. It doesn't care how much you have personally prepared or what you think or what your philosophy is.

Evil just rolls over the top of people and just keeps coming. . . doesn't care who you are.

you have not truly seen evil and you have been protected more than you realize. That is about to change and not because I want it to but because that is the destiny of our world right now. So you will probably get an up close encounter soon and then you could talk legitimately about evil
With all due respect, what a load of guano.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

creator wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:59 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:27 pm How does somebody get a "guest" account? Seems like a ghost account. Not clickable, no data, not searchable, no history.
Maybe it was Michael viewtopic.php?t=70257

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

creator wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:59 pm
Any of you ChatGPT users, I'm curious if ChatGPT OpenAI is advanced enough to figure out who that Guest poster was (assuming it would be based on an analysis of their word choices compared to other users).

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Guest wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:04 pm btw . . the only way to know evil is to see it first hand. War is first hand . . witnessing bondage of another or another being beaten or killed or witnessing theft or rape or incest or other evils is the ONLY way to know evil

One problem with how you defined "true evil" is that you're talking about war as if the soldiers are the evil ones and not the puppet masters pulling the strings from the shadows of their ivory towers - they are the true evil ones.

There is certainly evilness in those murderous acts you mentioned, (and I've witnessed it and wondered how people can be so evil) but those acts are most often carried out by mindless NPCs, not the true evil ones that operate behind the scenes.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:07 pm

How do you know we have not seen evil? I can certainly read about evil from many historical sources, especially the scriptures. I mean, just look at the end of the BoM. The Nephites committed some of the most egregious sins noted in all of scriptures. They raped, killed, and cannibalized women.

I’ve already read SRA stories that are more gross that almost anything I’ve ever read. Truly sickening… and sure, I bet there are things that are far worse.. but evil isn’t hiding these days like they used to.
Have you been raped repeatedly to point of near death?

Logically ridiculous to claim knowledge of evil by having read SRA accounts as if that means anything.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Original_Intent wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:00 pm
Guest wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:33 pm cuz I know the difference in a human that has experienced evil, before and after. The effect of a scary book is not the same.

With all due respect, what a load of guano.
ditto

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Valo wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:05 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:07 pm

Have you been raped repeatedly to point of near death?

Logically ridiculous to claim knowledge of evil by having read SRA accounts as if that means anything.

Your logic suggests that I cannot learn the type and nature of anything, unless I personally experience that thing. I feel that logic to be faulty at best. I can learn about the dangers of moral corruption without committing fornication, adultery, or homosexuality. I can come to understand the joy and happiness our Heavenly Parents want for us, without being in their presence in this exact moment.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

President Hinkley once stated that The Book of Mormon narrative is a chronicle of nations long since gone. But in its descriptions of the problems of today’s society, it is as current as the morning newspaper and much more definitive, inspired, and inspiring concerning the solutions of those problems. You might find the following scriptures from the Book of Mormon indicative of what has been going on in America for some time now.

In 2 Nephi 26 we read that “The Gentiles shall build up false churches and secret combinations.”

In Helaman 2 we read how one Gadianton became the leader of a band, the object of which was to “destroy Helaman”, and “to murder, and to rob, and to gain power”. We are also told that “this Gadioanton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.”

In Helaman 3 we learn that “there was continual peace established in the land, all save it were the secret combinations which Gadianton the robber had established in the more settled parts of the land, wich at that time were not known to those who were at the head of government;' therefore thety were not destroyed out of the land.”

In Helaman 6 we are told in some detail that “Lucifer, the author of sin, guides the Gadianton robbers in their murders and wickedness – They take over the Nephite government.” It is interesting to read that “this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites”, but “on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them....until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites....And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government.”

In Helaman 7 we read that Nephi, the son of Helaman, found “the people {of Nephi] in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats – having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men.; condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and moreover, that they might more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills”.

In Helaman 8 we read how “Corrupt judges seek to incite the people against Nephi.”, and that “those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness”. At the end of this chapter and into Chapter 9 we read that “By inspiration Nephi announces the murderer of the chief judge, and then by inspiration identifies the murderer, and finally “is accepted by some as a prophet.

In 3 Nephi 6 we learn of further iniquities. “A complaint came up unto the land of Zarahemla, to the governor of the land, against these judges who had condemned the prophets of the Lord unto death, not according to the law.....those judges had many friends and kindreds....and they did enter into a covenant one with another,,,which covenant which was given by then of old, which covenant was given and administered by the devil, to combine against all righteousness.... And they did set at defiance the law and the rights of their country; and they did covenant one with another to destroy the governor, and to establish a king over th eland, that the land should no more be at liberty but should be subject unto kings.”

In 3 Nephi 7 we read of the murder of a chief judge and the overthrow of the Nephite government; 'the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of friends and kindred of those who murdered the prophets,...and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob; and they did call him their king.

In 4 Nephi we again read “that the wicked part of the people began again to build up the secret oaths and combinations of Gadianton”, and “the robbers of Gadianton did spread over all the face of th eland; and there were none that were righteous save it were the disciples of Jesus.”

In Ether 8 we read Moroni's warning that “whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed;”. We are told that we should “suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain. And we are told that “The Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combinations which shall be among you....” and that whosoever buildeth it up seeketh to oveerthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil,”.

Rather than try to convince you that the inclusion of these scriptures in the Book of Mormon was to warn us of threats to our freedoms in our time, I'll simple state that every prophet I quote is my opinion.

Ezra Taft Benson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, speaking in a Church General Conference in October 1988 stated: "I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world.”

As an Apostle, Joseph Fielding Smith wrote in "Doctrines of Salvation", Vol.3, pp. 314-315: "Satan has control now. No matter where you look, he is in control, even in our own land. He is guiding the governments as far as the Lord will permit him. That is why there is so much strife, turmoil, confusion all over the earth. One master mind is governing the nations. It is not the President of the United States...it is not the king or government of England or any other land; it is Satan himself."

President J. Ruben Clark, speaking in the October 1949 General Conference, said: "Do not think that all these usurpations, intimidations, and impositions are being done to us through inadvertancy or mistake, the whole course is deliberately planned and carried out; its purpose is to destroy the Constitution and our Constitutional government."

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie, speaking in the April 1980 General Conference, stated: "Gadianton robbers fill the judgement seats in many nations. An evil power seeks to overthrow the freedom of all nations and countries."

President Boyd K. Packer, in the August 2010 Ensign, Pg. 23 : "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people. . . . Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you. . . . Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you. [Ether 8:20, 23–24]

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

lundbaek wrote: March 18th, 2023, 4:20 pm President Hinkley once stated that The Book of Mormon narrative is a chronicle of nations long since gone. But in its descriptions of the problems of today’s society, it is as current as the morning newspaper and much more definitive, inspired, and inspiring concerning the solutions of those problems. You might find the following scriptures from the Book of Mormon indicative of what has been going on in America for some time now.

In 2 Nephi 26 we read that “The Gentiles shall build up false churches and secret combinations.”

In Helaman 2 we read how one Gadianton became the leader of a band, the object of which was to “destroy Helaman”, and “to murder, and to rob, and to gain power”. We are also told that “this Gadioanton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.”

In Helaman 3 we learn that “there was continual peace established in the land, all save it were the secret combinations which Gadianton the robber had established in the more settled parts of the land, wich at that time were not known to those who were at the head of government;' therefore thety were not destroyed out of the land.”

In Helaman 6 we are told in some detail that “Lucifer, the author of sin, guides the Gadianton robbers in their murders and wickedness – They take over the Nephite government.” It is interesting to read that “this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites”, but “on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them....until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites....And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government.”

In Helaman 7 we read that Nephi, the son of Helaman, found “the people {of Nephi] in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats – having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men.; condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and moreover, that they might more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills”.

In Helaman 8 we read how “Corrupt judges seek to incite the people against Nephi.”, and that “those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness”. At the end of this chapter and into Chapter 9 we read that “By inspiration Nephi announces the murderer of the chief judge, and then by inspiration identifies the murderer, and finally “is accepted by some as a prophet.

In 3 Nephi 6 we learn of further iniquities. “A complaint came up unto the land of Zarahemla, to the governor of the land, against these judges who had condemned the prophets of the Lord unto death, not according to the law.....those judges had many friends and kindreds....and they did enter into a covenant one with another,,,which covenant which was given by then of old, which covenant was given and administered by the devil, to combine against all righteousness.... And they did set at defiance the law and the rights of their country; and they did covenant one with another to destroy the governor, and to establish a king over th eland, that the land should no more be at liberty but should be subject unto kings.”

In 3 Nephi 7 we read of the murder of a chief judge and the overthrow of the Nephite government; 'the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of friends and kindred of those who murdered the prophets,...and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob; and they did call him their king.

In 4 Nephi we again read “that the wicked part of the people began again to build up the secret oaths and combinations of Gadianton”, and “the robbers of Gadianton did spread over all the face of th eland; and there were none that were righteous save it were the disciples of Jesus.”

In Ether 8 we read Moroni's warning that “whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed;”. We are told that we should “suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain. And we are told that “The Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combinations which shall be among you....” and that whosoever buildeth it up seeketh to oveerthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil,”.

Rather than try to convince you that the inclusion of these scriptures in the Book of Mormon was to warn us of threats to our freedoms in our time, I'll simple state that every prophet I quote is my opinion.

Ezra Taft Benson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, speaking in a Church General Conference in October 1988 stated: "I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world.”

As an Apostle, Joseph Fielding Smith wrote in "Doctrines of Salvation", Vol.3, pp. 314-315: "Satan has control now. No matter where you look, he is in control, even in our own land. He is guiding the governments as far as the Lord will permit him. That is why there is so much strife, turmoil, confusion all over the earth. One master mind is governing the nations. It is not the President of the United States...it is not the king or government of England or any other land; it is Satan himself."

President J. Ruben Clark, speaking in the October 1949 General Conference, said: "Do not think that all these usurpations, intimidations, and impositions are being done to us through inadvertancy or mistake, the whole course is deliberately planned and carried out; its purpose is to destroy the Constitution and our Constitutional government."

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie, speaking in the April 1980 General Conference, stated: "Gadianton robbers fill the judgement seats in many nations. An evil power seeks to overthrow the freedom of all nations and countries."

President Boyd K. Packer, in the August 2010 Ensign, Pg. 23 : "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people. . . . Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you. . . . Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you. [Ether 8:20, 23–24]
There are few if any of the modern PSRs that I’d ever listen to w/ regards to evil in this world. Benson would probably be the last. Maybe Hunter. None after that.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

creator wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:17 pm Any of you ChatGPT users, I'm curious if ChatGPT OpenAI is advanced enough to figure out who that Guest poster was (assuming it would be based on an analysis of their word choices compared to other users).
I think Chip has experience with it. I forget who the others are.

Dangerous rhetoric
captain of 10

Post by Dangerous rhetoric »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 14th, 2023, 6:01 am I was quietly pondering this morning about many of the things I’ve read on the forum, on the news, in dark corners of the web, and in quiet moments of the night. Many people on this planet have either participated in dark and wicked things, or they have witnesses many dark and horrific events and they have had the courage to share what they’ve heard. And I know that not every account is true, we do need to develop the gift of discernment, but they have shared so much about how dark agendas operate.

As I’ve noted before, one of the blessings of this forum is that we are able to hear about how various practices and teachings in the church are actually manifest in the lives of members across the world. We get to see the good, the bad, the ugly… and dare I say some pretty horrendous things. The average member of the church is, sadly, blind and ignorant, and I believe that this human weakness is exploited by certain leaders. They hide the bad and with great trumpets exclaim “All is well!!”

I feel that in order for us to navigate these last days, we need to understand the tactics used by Satan and his minions and, at minimum, that they exist. We need to wake up to the reality that there are people who will do anything for money, power, and influence. These people will craft messages that are so appealing and enticing, even using scripture to support their positions, that unless we question the motives and intentions of ALL men, we will be cursed, we will suffer the effects of evil and dark motives.

I’d suggest studying the stories of Korihor and Sherem. I’d suggest learning from the tactics used by Nephite lawyers and judges as they partnered with the gadiantons. I’d suggest diving into the practices of the Jaradites and what brought about their entire destruction. We don’t need to know all of the secrecy, signs, and oaths, but we need to know that evil exits and that they’ll tell 100 truths to get you to believe 1 lie.

What are some of the tactics used by Satan?
Not all are bad. Some are just war tactics. I always thought that progressives are doing an excellent job using excommunication as a means of protecting their terf. I'd wager they understand the effect one person working against them can have from within, while the DEI philosophy is intended to legally prevent people from being allowed to use discretion against certain ideas and people in the same way to make them more vulnerable to being taken over.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

There are also two major types of evil:
* The secretive variety, that operates behind closed doors. This is the type that most people tend to think of, but is the less popular variety.
* The very public type, that spreads itself rapidly. This is the more popular variety because it often comes from peer pressure and can be socially acceptable.

I once said to someone that the Devil was a marketer. I'm not sure I like that metaphor anymore, but what I was getting at was that the Devil is pretty good at selling what he does, often by representing evil as something better than it really is, or even pretending it is something it is not.

Promiscuity is a good example. It's sold all over the media as this great thing, but the reality can be different. While somebody may enjoy a number of their sexual experiences with multiple people, they'll also have many that they don't enjoy, or regret. You'll occasionally hear them talking about this. They may pick up diseases, or angry/violent rivals at some point. They'll also get bored of the "vanilla" fairly quickly and get involved in wilder and more extreme practices as a result, often more evl in nature. Yet many soap operas show characters exchanging their lovers every other week.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:29 am There are also two major types of evil:
* The secretive variety, that operates behind closed doors. This is the type that most people tend to think of, but is the less popular variety.
* The very public type, that spreads itself rapidly. This is the more popular variety because it often comes from peer pressure and can be socially acceptable.

I once said to someone that the Devil was a marketer. I'm not sure I like that metaphor anymore, but what I was getting at was that the Devil is pretty good at selling what he does, often by representing evil as something better than it really is, or even pretending it is something it is not.

Promiscuity is a good example. It's sold all over the media as this great thing, but the reality can be different. While somebody may enjoy a number of their sexual experiences with multiple people, they'll also have many that they don't enjoy, or regret. You'll occasionally hear them talking about this. They may pick up diseases, or angry/violent rivals at some point. They'll also get bored of the "vanilla" fairly quickly and get involved in wilder and more extreme practices as a result, often more evl in nature. Yet many soap operas show characters exchanging their lovers every other week.
I’m not really sure how I’d divide/segment the hidden vs. public evil. Honestly, I think the hidden evil may be far more prevalent. I’ve listened to a YouTube channel called “Soft White Underbelly”, by a guy who predominantly interviews the less fortunate in society. I’ve been amazed at how many of them have been either sexually or physically abused as children, often in the “safety” of their own homes. I think we’d be shocked at the amount of “hidden” evil that happens all around us.

In fact, one of my neighbors growing up was a pedophile and murderer. He was the main suspect in the disappearance of a woman and two younger girls. One of the girls got away and called the police. The man was eventually shot and killed after a police chase ended up in the mountains.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 1st, 2023, 7:58 am
Niemand wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:29 am There are also two major types of evil:

I’m not really sure how I’d divide/segment the hidden vs. public evil. Honestly, I think the hidden evil may be far more prevalent. I’ve listened to a YouTube channel called “Soft White Underbelly”, by a guy who predominantly interviews the less fortunate in society. I’ve been amazed at how many of them have been either sexually or physically abused as children, often in the “safety” of their own homes. I think we’d be shocked at the amount of “hidden” evil that happens all around us.

In fact, one of my neighbors growing up was a pedophile and murderer. He was the main suspect in the disappearance of a woman and two younger girls. One of the girls got away and called the police. The man was eventually shot and killed after a police chase ended up in the mountains.
Most murders are by governments and their forces, and rebel armies. The number of murders by lone wolf serial killers is relatively low. In the middle are gangs, secret police and so on.

There is a lot of hidden evil out there for sure. Most of it is of the small scale variety, numerous individuals engaged in petty theft, lying etc.

As for child abuse, I'm in the middle with this. There are clearly a lot of hiddem cases, and far more than most people think but I'm not convinced it occurs on the scale that some people think it does. There do seem to be some other misconceptions about it – far more of it occurs under the watch of the state i.e. government run schools, children's homes, psychiatric facilities and the police than churches, the Boy Scouts etc.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

When I think of Satan, I think about the war in heaven. Our Father in Heaven presented his plan to send us to earth and have us experience mortality along with good and evil. Satan came up with the bright idea to oppose the plan of our Father in Heaven and came up with his own. What I find interesting about this war is that Satan was able to get 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to side with him. This was all done in the very presence of God our Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. What do you suppose Satan's arguments were to gain 1/3 of all the host of heaven to follow after him? As a premise, I believe the Father explained to all of us that unless we come to this earth and learn good from evil and choose in and of ourselves to be a good being, that we could not progress to become like Him. It was probably also explained that Jesus would act as a savior and make it possible for us to repent of sins we commit and receive forgiveness. What do you suppose Satan's grant argument was to get 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to follow after him? Suppose for a moment that you are Satan. What argument would you present to deceive as many as you can to abandon our Father in Heaven and side with your plan? What scriptures tell us anything about Satan's tactics in the war in heaven?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

onefour1 wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:26 pmSuppose for a moment that you are Satan. What argument would you present to deceive as many as you can to abandon our Father in Heaven and side with your plan?
"It doesn't work. Look how many people fail and are not saved. So few make it. What I plan is to make it possible for everyone to succeed."

And if you believe in multiple mortal creations - that is that those who don't rise up get another chance in another round after who knows how many eons of suffering for their own sins: "Look at people who got so close, but failed miserably the next time. We need something more fair. We need something that will guarantee everyone a degree of salvation. It's a cruel God who makes people suffer. I can guarantee that no one will suffer. No one will rise up only to fall [like David, except his story hadn't happened yet]. We really need to be nicer and more understanding."

Or - ditto mmc - "It takes so long for people to be saved, and some will never rise up. It isn't right for them to descend over and over again, living miserable lives, yet never being saved. I have compassion for them. I know we can save them without endless eons of work, yet they never rise up to be saved. My way is the more compassionate way."