There's a Petition to Exhume John Taylor's Body

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

There's a Petition to Exhume John Taylor's Body

Post by Silver Pie »

The info:
Quote:
Open A Criminal Investigation & Exhume John Taylor (1808-1887)

Our petition is for the State of Illinois to open a criminal investigation into Brigham Young, John Taylor, Willard Richards, and William W. Phelps for the murders of Joseph and Hyrum Smith in Carthage, Illinois June 27, 1844 as well as John Taylor being exhumed for the direct evidence. Despite the murders happening almost 180 years ago there still remains the bullet from the day of the murders in the left knee of John Taylor. If the bullet can be extracted to see if microscopic markings remain that match to the handgun Joseph Smith used that day it would demonstrate Joseph Smith used self defense against John Taylor as circumstantial evidence suggests.

We have already reached out to law enforcement but the greater community needs to be active for this case to be opened for a court order to examine John Taylor's remains.

The behavior and false statements from these men point to their involvement.

William Phelps announced the new edition of the Doctrine & Covenants 2 days after the destruction of the Nauvoo Expositor for release a month later. This new edition had minutes approved by Joseph that were later removed because they limited the power of Brigham and the 12 “that the Twelve will have no right to go into Zion or any of its stakes and there undertake to regulate the affairs thereof where there is a standing High Council. But it is their duty to go abroad and regulate all matters relative to the different branches of the Church.” This action by Phelps shows an expectation of Joseph and Hyrum’s death within a month’s time. Willard Richards stopped journaling in Joseph Smith’s journal on June 22, 1844, after doing so daily for a year and a half. The journal entries of Willards are described as cryptic and sketchy in nature. Willard Richards also fakes being sick, so Joseph’s bodyguard Stephan Markham leaves and cannot return to be Joseph’s bodyguard. Willard Richards also prevented Samuel Smith from taking leadership in the church but was signing licenses but was asserting the power of the 12, assuming Samuel Smith would be dead soon. John Taylor, on the morning of the murders, doesn’t join the rest of the men downstairs for breakfast but remains in the jailer’s bedroom for an hour alone. Brigham Young doesn’t cry when he learns the news of Joseph's and Hyrum's deaths; years later, his journals are altered to include him crying. Brigham also has a changing story between not having received his endowments yet to the claim that Joseph gave him his endowments and the keys of the kingdom.

-Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about being pressed up against the door as there was no damage to the oak doorjamb from the latch being shot.

- Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about Hyrum facing the door and being shot in the face. Hyrum died facedown with his back to the door and was flipped over postmortem.

- Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about knocking down muskets with their canes since they were not covered with burns, or suffered eye damage, or burns to their canes.

- Willard Richards lied about a mob trying to force themselves into the room, as his account states he and Joseph left the door unattended for a time.

- Willard Richards lied about Joseph being shot as he left the room through the window.

- Willard Richards lied about being shot in the earlobe at the window; his injury came from somewhere else.

-Images of Carthage Jail before remodeling shows bullet holes in the west wall that couldn’t have come from the supposed mob at the head of the stairs or the claimed mob members shooting through the upstairs window.

-When the plaster was stripped from the walls of Carthage Jail during remodeling, no musket balls were found in the plaster or oak lath.

Please Sign Today For Justice & Truth

End of the quote.

If you're interested in signing it, here's the link: https://chng.it/wnMhjyTsmJ

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: There's a Petition to Exhume John Taylor's Body

Post by Luke »

This is scandalous and evil

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Luke wrote: February 13th, 2023, 4:40 pm This is scandalous and evil
A quest for the truth is now evil? Why not support the investigation (now with modern technology to aid us) and seek to more fully understand the truth of how the events transpired? If you truly believe the original narrative, then you should support further examination that should support that narrative. Don't you want the truth to be known?

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Interesting. Are investigations into murder done when the suspects are dead?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

So, I guess Joseph Smith's gun is still around? Is it in a museum?

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Joseph's Pepper box 6 shooter is in the church history museum.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Many of the old pistols were smoothbores. Not sure on JS's specific gun in question. Difficult to impossible to do ballistic forensics in smooth bores. But highly interested in any light that modern forensics can shed on the events of that day.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I just thought it was weird. I'm not exactly sure what they expect or hope to uncover. Surely, he's just a bag of bones by now.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

True confession: I signed the petition. I'm curious to see if they uncover anything useful, supposing it happens and supposing they uncover anything at all.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 13th, 2023, 4:52 pm Interesting. Are investigations into murder done when the suspects are dead?
Sometimes, dead bodies are found and no one knows who murdered them. I think there have been occasions when the murderer was discovered, but they had died long before.

As far as investigating a murder this old, I can't think of any.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Exhume Body

Post by BeNotDeceived »

blitzinstripes wrote: February 13th, 2023, 5:27 pm Many of the old pistols were smoothbores. Not sure on JS's specific gun in question. Difficult to impossible to do ballistic forensics in smooth bores. But highly interested in any light that modern forensics can shed on the events of that day.
No matter the evidence, many people just won't here it. :!:

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

For real. Imagine thinking that 2 of only 4 guys in the last dispensation to have actual fruits of PSR killed their best friend.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2023, 3:11 pm The info:
Quote:

Our petition is for the State of Illinois to open a criminal investigation into Brigham Young, John Taylor, Willard Richards, and William W. Phelps for the murders of Joseph and Hyrum Smith in Carthage, Illinois June 27, 1844 as well as John Taylor being exhumed for the direct evidence. Despite the murders happening almost 180 years ago there still remains the bullet from the day of the murders in the left knee of John Taylor. If the bullet can be extracted to see if microscopic markings remain that match to the handgun Joseph Smith used that day it would demonstrate Joseph Smith used self defense against John Taylor as circumstantial evidence suggests.

We have already reached out to law enforcement but the greater community needs to be active for this case to be opened for a court order to examine John Taylor's remains.

William Phelps announced the new edition of the Doctrine & Covenants 2 days after the destruction of the Nauvoo Expositor for release a month later. This new edition had minutes approved by Joseph that were later removed because they limited the power of Brigham and the 12 “that the Twelve will have no right to go into Zion or any of its stakes and there undertake to regulate the affairs thereof where there is a standing High Council. But it is their duty to go abroad and regulate all matters relative to the different branches of the Church.” This action by Phelps shows an expectation of Joseph and Hyrum’s death within a month’s time. Willard Richards stopped journaling in Joseph Smith’s journal on June 22, 1844, after doing so daily for a year and a half. The journal entries of Willards are described as cryptic and sketchy in nature. Willard Richards also fakes being sick, so Joseph’s bodyguard Stephan Markham leaves and cannot return to be Joseph’s bodyguard. Willard Richards also prevented Samuel Smith from taking leadership in the church but was signing licenses but was asserting the power of the 12, assuming Samuel Smith would be dead soon. John Taylor, on the morning of the murders, doesn’t join the rest of the men downstairs for breakfast but remains in the jailer’s bedroom for an hour alone. Brigham Young doesn’t cry when he learns the news of Joseph's and Hyrum's deaths; years later, his journals are altered to include him crying. Brigham also has a changing story between not having received his endowments yet to the claim that Joseph gave him his endowments and the keys of the kingdom.

-Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about being pressed up against the door as there was no damage to the oak doorjamb from the latch being shot.

- Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about Hyrum facing the door and being shot in the face. Hyrum died facedown with his back to the door and was flipped over postmortem.

- Willard Richards and John Taylor lied about knocking down muskets with their canes since they were not covered with burns, or suffered eye damage, or burns to their canes.

- Willard Richards lied about a mob trying to force themselves into the room, as his account states he and Joseph left the door unattended for a time.

- Willard Richards lied about Joseph being shot as he left the room through the window.

- Willard Richards lied about being shot in the earlobe at the window; his injury came from somewhere else.

-Images of Carthage Jail before remodeling shows bullet holes in the west wall that couldn’t have come from the supposed mob at the head of the stairs or the claimed mob members shooting through the upstairs window.

-When the plaster was stripped from the walls of Carthage Jail during remodeling, no musket balls were found in the plaster or oak lath.

End of the quote.

The problem with these Justin Griffin types is that when they find a statement which doesn't match the evidence, they immediately assume it's a lie. They take no account of the rapidly unfolding fast moving and enormously stressful situation these men went through.
I was in a car crash as a child. I remember everything appeared to be in slow motion in a way, but all I can remember is looking at my grandmother's face during the split second of the impact. I didn't see the other car, I didn't see any of the other passengers in our car, I heard nothing and felt nothing.
I can't remember the colour or model of the car that hit us, how many people were in it, what damage was sustained etc. Just my grandmother's face. I remember only one thing even though there was a lot of stuff going on.
The Griffin types expect these brethren in Carthage to be able to describe every moment in detail and remember it perfectly. They're idiots.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2023, 6:58 pm True confession: I signed the petition. I'm curious to see if they uncover anything useful, supposing it happens and supposing they uncover anything at all.
I signed it. I'm interested too! 🤔🧐🕵️‍♀️

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Quote:

End of the quote.

Ha ha, at first I thought this was for the Bohemian Grove poisoning, but then that was Wilford Woodruff, not John Taylor.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I fail to see how John Taylors knee bone is going to help me feed my family, feel the spirit, feel safe or experience joy. So I don't care.

As if the soft lead bullet was going to have Joseph's signature and "Die Brighamites" scribed into it .

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Robin Hood wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:25 am The problem with these Justin Griffin types is that when they find a statement which doesn't match the evidence, they immediately assume it's a lie. They take no account of the rapidly unfolding fast moving and enormously stressful situation these men went through.
You make a very good point. The key is to be open, even to things that don't fit one's paradigm (or sacred cow).

I was in a car crash as a child. I remember everything appeared to be in slow motion in a way, but all I can remember is looking at my grandmother's face during the split second of the impact. I didn't see the other car, I didn't see any of the other passengers in our car, I heard nothing and felt nothing.
I can't remember the colour or model of the car that hit us, how many people were in it, what damage was sustained etc. Just my grandmother's face. I remember only one thing even though there was a lot of stuff going on.
The Griffin types expect these brethren in Carthage to be able to describe every moment in detail and remember it perfectly. They're idiots.
Again, good point.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JohnnyL wrote: February 15th, 2023, 1:46 pm Ha ha, at first I thought this was for the Bohemian Grove poisoning, but then that was Wilford Woodruff, not John Taylor.
Whoa! What? Refresh my memory on this. Was this the guy who went to California for his ill health?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Silver Pie wrote: February 15th, 2023, 2:55 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 15th, 2023, 1:46 pm Ha ha, at first I thought this was for the Bohemian Grove poisoning, but then that was Wilford Woodruff, not John Taylor.
Whoa! What? Refresh my memory on this. Was this the guy who went to California for his ill health?
https://rsc.byu.edu/banner-gospel-wilfo ... chronology
"August 13–September 2, 1898 Travels to vacation in San Francisco. His health begins to fail.
August 31, 1898 Writes his last entry in his journal. His journal record covers over sixty years.
September 2, 1898 Dies at the home of Isaac Trumbo in San Francisco, California."

That was the fourth time he had been to SF to meet with "political and business leaders."
Yeah, they kind of skipped the Bohemian Grove connection there...

viewtopic.php?p=215518#p215518

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... _bit_more/

viewtopic.php?t=59406

https://www.thechurchnews.com/2018/8/20 ... ble-online

So I thought they wanted to see if they could find poison, or find out what he died from. I'd be much more interested in this exhumation.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Robin Hood wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:25 am
Quote:

End of the quote.

The problem with these Justin Griffin types is that when they find a statement which doesn't match the evidence, they immediately assume it's a lie. They take no account of the rapidly unfolding fast moving and enormously stressful situation these men went through.
Well, there are some big inaccuracies though, but of course, humans are involved and they humans are notoriously horrible at remembering things. Although, there are some obvious falsehoods like his pocket watch being shot and saving JT.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

JohnnyL wrote: February 17th, 2023, 9:54 am
"August 13–September 2, 1898 Travels to vacation in San Francisco. His health begins to fail.
August 31, 1898 Writes his last entry in his journal. His journal record covers over sixty years.
September 2, 1898 Dies at the home of Isaac Trumbo in San Francisco, California."

That was the fourth time he had been to SF to meet with "political and business leaders."

viewtopic.php?t=59406

So I thought they wanted to see if they could find poison, or find out what he died from. I'd be much more interested in this exhumation.
Luke has said John Taylor went to Bohemian Grove right before his death. I say exhumed both bodies and check for poisoning. Check the bullet while they are at it.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 17th, 2023, 4:50 pm Luke has said John Taylor went to Bohemian Grove right before his death. I say exhumed both bodies and check for poisoning. Check the bullet while they are at it.
I doubt poison can be discovered this long after death. Or were you being sarcastic?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

ransomme wrote: February 17th, 2023, 4:29 pm
Robin Hood wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:25 am
Quote:

End of the quote.

Well, there are some big inaccuracies though, but of course, humans are involved and they humans are notoriously horrible at remembering things. Although, there are some obvious falsehoods like his pocket watch being shot and saving JT.
That is the easiest to explain. The watch was damaged and it was assumed it was by a ball. Like I said, this was a fast moving stressful situation. The truth is the damage to the watch wasn't noted during the incident. It was sometime later. A damaged watch, musket balls flying all around, four bullet wounds... it's easy to see how it was assumed a ball had struck the watch. It was the simplest explanation.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 17th, 2023, 4:50 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 17th, 2023, 9:54 am

viewtopic.php?t=59406

Luke has said John Taylor went to Bohemian Grove right before his death. I say exhumed both bodies and check for poisoning. Check the bullet while they are at it.
It was Wilford not John Taylor

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Silver Pie wrote: February 17th, 2023, 5:03 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: February 17th, 2023, 4:50 pm Luke has said John Taylor went to Bohemian Grove right before his death. I say exhumed both bodies and check for poisoning. Check the bullet while they are at it.
I doubt poison can be discovered this long after death. Or were you being sarcastic?
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... poisoners/

Anything is possible lol