A comment in gospel doctrine class last Sunday

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
mudflap
captain of 1,000

Re: A comment in gospel doctrine class last Sunday

Post by mudflap »

I'll throw a twist in here in a second, but first, I wholeheartedly agree that the devil is running the worldwide Evil corp. Here's the twist: he's doing it behind the scenes. I don't even think the mortals at the top (or the bottom?) of the devil's food chain even know they are working for him:
2 Ne 28:22: ...others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none--and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.
It is pure folly at this point to operate on this planet from the position of: they (WEF/UN/USA/Musk/BigPharma) are operating for the greater good!

no. it is utter naivete to think in that manner. Soon, those who listened will be grasped with those awful chains.

The good news: all these power brokers will eventually fight among themselves and destroy each other.

try not to tangle with them on their way down.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

h_p wrote: February 7th, 2023, 12:17 pm
Daniel wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:58 am How would you have responded in class, if at all?
People don't go to church to have their beliefs challenged. They want an echo chamber. Why bother saying anything to them?
I go because for some reason I've been given a microphone and a podium. There are sheep in the congregation ... there are those who are searching for The Shepherd and if I can help a few of them learn how to best connect with him, I'll keep going.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I'm giving a talk late this month. I'm frustrated because they won't give me a subject (I know there will be one). As soon as they do that, I can come up with something. I'm wondering what I can say...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Niemand wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:12 am I'm giving a talk late this month. I'm frustrated because they won't give me a subject (I know there will be one). As soon as they do that, I can come up with something. I'm wondering what I can say...
Great! Tell them what you think they need to hear.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

lundbaek wrote: February 8th, 2023, 1:02 pm
Niemand wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:12 am I'm giving a talk late this month. I'm frustrated because they won't give me a subject (I know there will be one). As soon as they do that, I can come up with something. I'm wondering what I can say...
Great! Tell them what you think they need to hear.
I may be back with this one. If I get the subject I can plan for it. I'm never one of these people who parrots an entire conference talk (as I've seen some do). I always produce my own talk with maybe some callbacks to the talk to prove that I did it.

My previous talk was on no particular subject, so I went for "Free Choice", and played on the fact that was what I had while preparing the talk.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

EmmaLee wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:08 pm “Satan has control now. No matter where you look, he is in control, even in our own land. He is guiding the governments as far as the Lord will permit him. That is why there is so much strife, turmoil, and confusion all over the earth. One master mind is governing the nations. It is not the president of the United States; it is not Hitler; it is not Mussolini; it is not the king or government of England or any other land; it is Satan himself.”

― Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation Vol I
Great quote. One of my favorites. Joseph Fielding Smith is fascinating to read about. I highly recommend his books and writings. Ezra Taft Benson and J. Rueben Clark knew and learned a lot about secret combinations through working in the belly of the beast. Joseph Fielding Smith saw peculiar things on one of his missions. There was quite a bit of gypsy and new age type practices in the area he served in. These people freaked out how much Mormons knew about the Gadianton robbers. This quote he made is right on mark. He knew a lot of what was going on. I'm really surprised to find a lot of the stuff he knew about.